Cad Bane's Escape Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Cad Bane in Disguise

CaptainRex2a said:
Someone knows when the figure of Cad Bane in Disguise will arrive ?
2011 sometime either carded or in a battle Pack it seems

Reaction score

Between the two, I'm hoping single-carded... I already built myself a squad of visored clones.

Reaction score

Eh, I'll buy the figure but I think it's kind of silly, I could just snap a cad bane head on a clone body

GNT

Reaction score

True you could do that and save some dough

Reaction score

but then I'd have a useless cad bane body..meh, I'll buy it...I just think its kind of a cheap way to sell figures by just swapping a few parts, much like the ROTS anakin that said "Darth Vader" on the packaging

Reaction score

^ that's what i was thinking of doing if this figure never gets released since i 'd have extra rex figs to use. i am sure somewhere i could use the headless bane body in a custom somwhere

Reaction score

Eveyone realizes that this figure isn't going to be simple head swap, right? Cad Bane's head needs to be all-new, or at least retooled, to remove the electrical conduits from his cheeks. Also, Cad Bane's head does not fit on any existing Clone Trooper neck post, so that component also will had to have been tooled.

Reaction score

If it's Cad and 3 straight repacks, there is no way I'll get it. It's a cool figure but not worthy of droppign $24 on a one off outfit that had like 15 seconds of screen time.

Reaction score

Zylek said:
If it's Cad and 3 straight repacks, there is no way I'll get it. It's a cool figure but not worthy of droppign $24 on a one off outfit that had like 15 seconds of screen time.
Seeing the awful Orto Plutonia pack, I think Hasbro is staying true to their "all-new or all-repack" motto for BPs.

Reaction score

I'm going to pass on this one because, I never liked the idea of Bane stealing Denal's armor and escaping with it.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
Absent during Toy Fair right? I wonder if they will slot him late this year.
Hasbro already said they were putting him in a Battle Pack for this Fall. If we do see him, it'll be at SDCC.

Reaction score

Hopefully that Battle Pack will include Spacesuit Ahsoka with the correct red jumpsuit.

I really wish they'd pack in the large Separatist Canon as well, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Reaction score

Halomite said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Hasbro already said they were putting him in a Battle Pack for this Fall. If we do see him, it'll be at SDCC.
I totally missed them saying that. Do you happen to recall where this was mentioned, either at Toy Fair or one of the Q&A's?

Reaction score

starhorse said:
Halomite said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
I totally missed them saying that. Do you happen to recall where this was mentioned, either at Toy Fair or one of the Q&A's?
Q&A, someone asked about the figure and they said they had him planned for a Battle Pack in Fall 2011 that they were still working out. If I can find it, I'll be sure to post it here.

Reaction score

Halomite said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
That's good news, and hopefully it'll be a BP I can skip. Bane's naked blue head on Denal's body just never seemed very "collectible" to me. More for you guys!

Reaction score

Halomite said:
starhorse said:
Halomite said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Q&A, someone asked about the figure and they said they had him planned for a Battle Pack in Fall 2011 that they were still working out. If I can find it, I'll be sure to post it here.
Thanks man. That's definitely good to know. I hope they include the Holocron accessory.

Reaction score

I'm not all that interested in the figure either - the BP will have to feature all new figures if I'm going to buy one. If its a repacked Ahsoka, Anakin, and a droid along with Bane - theres no way I'll be buying it.

Reaction score

I can't seem to find him so was Denal ever released in the CW line?

Reaction score

Yeah, Denal was released. He actually occupied pegs for the greater part of last year. Bane in Denal armor never made it out though.

Reaction score

If the pack was a properly painted Space Suit Ahsoka, the Space Suit Anakin mold, this Cad and a Battle Droid it would be very nice - a correction, two good figures and a new one.

Reaction score

Awesome! I am so glad I didn't buy the Spacesuit Ahsoka yet,
since they finally corrected her jumpsuit colour to the appropriate wine red color.

An extra Spacesuit Anakin isn't too shabby either.

The background of the Venator hangar is quite nice as well.

Reaction score

So now we are getting three figures instead of four and if the set stay at the same price point ($22-24) then there goes the saving of buying battle packs.

Or are we going to see price increase for the Clone figures also? I sure hope not...

Reaction score

Yep, a winner of a set for all those reasons, though I hope the price is right. It's gonna be hard to justify if they charge the same price as we're used to paying for BPs with 4 or 5 figures in them.

Reaction score

antiquegamer said:
So now we are getting three figures instead of four and if the set stay at the same price point ($22-24) then there goes the saving of buying battle packs.

Or are we going to see price increase for the Clone figures also? I sure hope not...
Yea but look how nicely the cards and stands are displayed
I really hope they are not the same price as a BP for 3 figures. I would still pick up the Cad Bane one as I don't have any of those figures and maybe the one with the ARC Trooper and maybe who am I kidding I'm sure I'll get them all if I have the money.

Reaction score

GNT will be busy today changing the title of these threads to the new battlepacks ones

All are passes for me.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
GNT will be busy today changing the title of these threads to the new battlepacks ones

All are passes for me.
Even the yellow arc and new grievous? Ah man, you surprise me
More for us I guess, lol
I'll get those two i mentioned but pass on the other ones.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
Are those exclusives?
I don't think so. The images are in the latest image dump from Hasbro. Most of everything included is general release.

Reaction score

deskvader1 said:
Even the yellow arc and new grievous?
is that Grievous a different color than the carded release? He looks darker somehow, maybe a bit more tan?