Cad Bane's Escape Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Cad Bane\'s Escape Battle Pack

This one has been mentioned as appearing in wave 3 according to Yakface.com

So any ideas on which disguise he'll be in - Jedi or Clone gear?

G

Re: Cad Bane in Disguise

Hasbro will just cheap out on this one and just put a Bane head on Denal. If it's the Jedi version I hope they add better articulation.

Reaction score

The Jedi version would really just be a cloak wouldn't it? I mean, aside from removing his hat, it was just the same outfit with a cloak on wasn't it? My money would be on this being the afore mentioned the Denal headswap, but I'll be saving that money. I don't need one in my collection.

Reaction score

i don't think bane was wearing his jacket with the long coat tails when he disguised himself as a jedi. so if hasbro is doing the jedi and not the denal disguise, they have to retool the body and at least the biceps, do without the hat but add a cloth cloak, maybe even a removable pouch. personally i think this would be cool but i doubt hasbro will do this, at least not in this wave. it makes more sense for them to do the denal head swap instead. pack it with denal's helmet with the visor, add a backpack, and they're done.

Reaction score

I'm not sure which I'd prefer tbh - both would make for good figures, and plus it'd be them rereleasing Bane without the same outfit, so they might do both in time.
The Clone outfit could easily go in a BP with Anakin, a Speeder and a Clone, so a Jedi disguise on single card would be nice.

Reaction score

I suspect it'll be Cad Bane in Clone Trooper disguise.

Reaction score

Jedi disguise would be better if it does indeed come with a soft goods robe (like Jar Jar) cos then he will actually be able to sit in his fighter. And if you want to you can take the robe off, clone trooper armor would be much more complicated in that regard :p

Reaction score

To take off LOL.

I was saying that if you don't like the Jedi Robe you can take it off but if you don't like the clone armor you're screwed.

Reaction score

CC2287Beejay said:
To take off LOL.

I was saying that if you don't like the Jedi Robe you can take it off but if you don't like the clone armor you're screwed.

actually, im cool if its the denal disguise. it would be quite fun to mess around with the clones with bane amongst them.

Reaction score

I'm actively wishing against you for a Jedi version :p

I'll turf the robe and be left with a Bane that can fit in a fighter.

Reaction score

Either version is an easy custom to make. Although, I would pick up a jedi robe version with knees and ankles to switch parts with my regular version.

Reaction score

Ok, if its the Jedi version, I demand points for calling the coatless Bane figure weeks ago!
It was inevitable after its appearance in the Visual Dictionary.

This puppy could be a double win. An alternate look for Bane, and a sleeveless robe to use on our Jedi.

Reaction score

if it is in jedi disguise the only way i will get it is if it comes with a good accesory like the baby Rodian he kidnapped

Reaction score

Now THAT would be cool! Soft good Jedi outfit with rodian baby. I'd buy 2.

Unfortunately, like most have said, I have no doubt we will be receiving the easy kitbash of Cad Bane in Clone disguise.

Reaction score

They know he is a popular character. The jedi version would be really cool. Cad Bane is the new Boba Fett. Make the Jedi version and the clone armor version. The fact that the clone armor version would be a simple switch makes the release of both of them not that incredible to believe.

Reaction score

the thing is, it wouldn't be a simple head swap with a clone body. Bane doesn't have his cheek tubes or baclava on while in the armor.

Reaction score

yes, you're right man, great point. so if its a denal disguise, at the very least we get a new bane head, in all its naked glory.

Reaction score

Cramer said:
the thing is, it wouldn't be a simple head swap with a clone body. Bane doesn't have his cheek tubes or baclava on while in the armor.
Yeah
good point. I can't believe I forgot that. With that said though I would rather see Jedi Bane made rather than clone bane. There both going to require some work. One requiring alot more than the other but still both would need work.

Reaction score

Not my top choice for a figure but good none the less. I hope it is the Clone Trooper disguise.

Dom

Reaction score

wiiwhitey said:
Hasbro will just cheap out on this one and just put a Bane head on Denal.
Yeah this, with the Ashoka back pack.

Reaction score

Dom said:
wiiwhitey said:
Hasbro will just cheap out on this one and just put a Bane head on Denal.
Yeah this, with the Ashoka back pack.
-Denal's body
-Echo's helmet painted like Denals (with the night vision visor)
-The backpack from the Walmart Rys figure. The straps on Ashoka's backpack are too short for a clone trooper body.
-A new Cad Bane head sculpt to fit the ball joint in the right spot.
-Blood spot dripping from the arm...
-Oh yeah, and a holocron

Reaction score

well i hope this picture helps ease some peoples worries, This picture was taken of the back of Snow Rex'x package showing Bane as CW50 and Rex as CW51 but on the back of Ortopa Snow Obiwan there is a sticker over the picture of the figures without bane and showing Rex as CW50. so who knows maybe we wont get this version maybe we will. ill add more pics later

GNT

Reaction score

Nice, any chances of a clearer image?

Reaction score

He better come with a removable Denal helmet. Wouldn't have to pick up Denal then so this could work as a two in one figure.

Really glad he's being released.

Reaction score

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Looks great.. well looks fuzzy to tell the truth.
But it should be really good. I like the BP pack in. Hopefully the figure includes the visor denal helmet. I'm sure it will. How else can Bane be disguised without it?

The holocron would be an excellent bonus if it is included.

Reaction score

That pic looks like it was taken in a hurry. Break into Hasbro?

Cad Bane as a clone is a little too episode specific. I'll probably pass, unless they improve the Denal helmet by making it smaller.

Reaction score

The accessories are good, but the figure itself is sorta boring, I cant blame Hasbro for making it though, its a cheap retool and kids will probably be interested in it.

Reaction score

Interesting how they used Bane's forearms as well. But this figure's light years ahead of the original junker

Reaction score

ill get a clearer picture up tonight. i took that with my cell phone

GNT said:
Nice, any chances of a clearer image?

G

I knew it would be the Clone version, I might pick one up.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
Interesting how they used Bane's forearms as well. But this figure's light years ahead of the original junker
That makes NO sense. But I'll probably pick one up provided it's not the "Stone" mold.

Reaction score

Arctrooper4043 said:
Lord_Atmo said:
That makes NO sense. But I'll probably pick one up provided it's not the "Stone" mold.
Indeed. Why wouldn't they just give him clone forearms as well?

Reaction score

The backpack and holocron are NICE pack-ins. I'll be picking a few of these up just for those two peices. Hopefully Bane's head can swap with a clone head. I have about a dozen Rex arms lying around, so swapping arms would be the ticket.

Reaction score

I cleaned it up a little in photoshop, but ill get a clearer picture tonight when i get home. hope this is a bit better, also refer to what i said in my previous post, bane is on the back of rex's card but on the back of obiwans card the covered it with a new picture and banes not on there. also my Rex is numbered CW51 and on the back of the card Bane is CW50 but on the back of obiwans card Rex is CW50 and Bane is no where to be found. just a heads up