Cad Bane & IG-86 - 2 Pack

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Cad Bane & IG-86 - 2 Pack

Yakface.com has a pack titled "Cad Bane & IG-86" for a September release, no further details at this point in time. Maybe something similar to the 2 pack clones from a year ago?

Post your ideas here
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
2
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

If it means a SA cad bane, I'll buy it, otherwise, pass.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

deskvader1 said:
If it means a SA cad bane, I'll buy it, otherwise, pass.
Don't forget there's the SA Cad Bane with the speeder bike (Weequay pirate's speeder) coming up this year.
 
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
1,428
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippine Boondocks
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

ill be on the lookout for the cad bane with the hog bike and might pass on this one..
unless there is something different on bane, enough to warrant another one. the IG-86 is always welcome.
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
5,139
Reaction score
0
Location
Eau Claire, WI
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

Maybe that's why the Speeder Bane was missing his coat. Saving that for another SA Cad Bane? Like...In this pack? I can hope!
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
1,764
Reaction score
0
Location
Kashyyyk with the wookiees
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe that's why the Speeder Bane was missing his coat. Saving that for another SA Cad Bane? Like...In this pack? I can hope!
It would be cool if it's another SA Cad Bane with his coat.
Maybe you're right , I hope
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

Lord_Atmo said:
Maybe that's why the Speeder Bane was missing his coat. Saving that for another SA Cad Bane? Like...In this pack? I can hope!
Could be... I went ahead & bought a Cad at TRU since for $5 it's not too bad. I may cut the hoses off his gauntlets, since they restrict forearm rotation too much. I do plan to get a couple of the SA Cads with Pirate Hogs, and try to kitbash one of those Cads with the basic one to get an SA coat-wearing version.

Still, if THIS one winds up SA, I'll probably get it as well. There's no such thing as "too many IG-86s" however... unless that's all that's on your local store's pegs, like it was (practically) for many months last year.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

Deathbymonkeys said:
Kinda suprising we are getting so many versions of Cad as he's only been in like 4 or 5 episodes.
Kinda surprising we got so many versions of Boba Fett as he was only in the OT for about 5 minutes.

 
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
7,612
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington State
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

Toonimator said:
Deathbymonkeys said:
Kinda suprising we are getting so many versions of Cad as he's only been in like 4 or 5 episodes.
Kinda surprising we got so many versions of Boba Fett as he was only in the OT for about 5 minutes.

Agreed. I still dont understand Boba's appeal.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86

He looks cool and has a funky voice (well, before it got changed to Every Clonetrooper's Voice). Same deal with Cad Bane.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Looks like it's coming -

 
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

I wouldn't bet on it. Save for the Senate Commandos (That have new headsculpts and nothing else), this assortment has a case of repack fever.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeville,MN
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

capt_kulas said:
same old bane and IG-86, isn't it? looks like an easy pass for me
Totally, why not at least repaint him to the IG86 that was in the Hostage Crisis episode?

With the other pack being so good, this one will found aplenty on the shelves.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
11
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

So it turns outy this IG-86 does indeed feature fresh deco afterall. Anyone who owns it able to post a pic of it next to the previous figure please?
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
11
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Ahh, cool, thanks for clarifying that and providing pics. I thought perhaps they'd given him a new deco variation with the various stripes and trim that Ziro's droids all seem to have, and new ones at that. It's a shame it's just a grey IG droid instead - missed opportunity.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

ReverendStrone said:
Ahh, cool, thanks for clarifying that and providing pics. I thought perhaps they'd given him a new deco variation with the various stripes and trim that Ziro's droids all seem to have, and new ones at that. It's a shame it's just a grey IG droid instead - missed opportunity.
Agreed... though I still adore the rusty gray deco (yet, somehow, I seem to have misplaced all of my IG-86s) but Ziro-deco would've fit in MUCH better with the overall "Hostage Crisis" theme of that Target endcap (Hidden Enemy BP aside)
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
3,398
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

local targets are drowning in this pack. they each have about 20. no other packs seen. this will hit clearance for sure.
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
3
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

boff123 said:
local targets are drowning in this pack. they each have about 20. no other packs seen. this will hit clearance for sure.
Ditto here as well. I never bought the color-deco'ed IG assassin droid (blue-ish, was he?), thus if this set had that version in it, I would consider grabbing one and giving the Bane to a young cousin or someone, but the IG droid looks waaaaaay too close to IG-88 to even consider dropping 14-15 bucks on.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
3,316
Reaction score
1
Location
Maryland
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

I still have a hard time believing that they paired up these two figures. Considering that Bane had two 'other' IG-86 repaints with him at the Senate, you would think that one of those would have been the partner in this 2pak.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
11
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Yeah, someone phoned it in. Shame. It was a perfect opportunity for one of those unique and thus far unproduced IG-86 Senate raiders to be made, but no, they gave us this guys instead, who has never shared a scene with Bane in the show. I'd have had to buy it if he had been one of the other guys. As it is, there's no reason to buy this.
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,084
Reaction score
0
Location
Land of the Free
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Don't think too many people are interested but this 2 pack is on clearance at Target for $7.48.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
3,240
Reaction score
0
Location
Plano, Texas
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

j30spiff said:
Don't think too many people are interested but this 2 pack is on clearance at Target for $7.48.
I might be interested...gonna have to check it out.
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
3,398
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

bah, will wait for 3.48 price. horrible pack.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

GOt four more today at $7.48 each (even less if you take into account my Target card 5-percent discount) to bring back to return for the four I bought at $12.99 each.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
3,240
Reaction score
0
Location
Plano, Texas
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Captain_Piet said:
GOt four more today at $7.48 each (even less if you take into account my Target card 5-percent discount) to bring back to return for the four I bought at $12.99 each.
Curious: why do you want four packs? Customizing?
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

RegJr said:
Curious: why do you want four packs? Customizing?
Who cares lol... it means 4 less hanging on the shelves so more room for other goods
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
3,398
Reaction score
0
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

AaylaSecurasMan said:
boff123 said:
bah, will wait for 3.48 price. horrible pack.
That'll be $3.24
local store has about 35 packs. they will definitely hit that mark!
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

RegJr said:
Captain_Piet said:
GOt four more today at $7.48 each (even less if you take into account my Target card 5-percent discount) to bring back to return for the four I bought at $12.99 each.
Curious: why do you want four packs? Customizing?
Buying them at the lower price, I can return them on the higher-priced receipt and get the difference back.
 
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
3,240
Reaction score
0
Location
Plano, Texas
Re: Cad Bane & IG-86 DVD Figure 2 Pack

Captain_Piet said:
RegJr said:
Captain_Piet said:
GOt four more today at $7.48 each (even less if you take into account my Target card 5-percent discount) to bring back to return for the four I bought at $12.99 each.
Curious: why do you want four packs? Customizing?
Buying them at the lower price, I can return them on the higher-priced receipt and get the difference back.
Yeah, got that. But why do you want four in the first place?
 
Top