C2 Stories

Reaction score
We are having a flea market here in Louisville and a few of the vendors there I spoke with were nice. One guy mentioned C2 and I kind of shut up and let him do the talking. He went on to talk about stuff I don't remember seeing. I just let him talk and noticed he had those Hasbro figure posters Hasbro was giving away for free. I noticed he was charging a $1 for them. I asked him why he was charging a $1 and he kind of laughed and said to make some money.....when I brought it to his attention that at c2 they were free he kind of shut up and looked at me funny. He also had those Anakin post card things....anybody else remember those.....he was asking a buck for those too! Sheeesh!

Anyway I got to thinking on the last day of c2 around the end of closing I remember seeing a lot of people "carting off" stuff. I even remember seeing this guy trying to get one of those banners hanging from the ceiling....he found one of the wheeled ladders some how and was trying his best to get a banner.

I don't know about you but for something like that why can't people just ask.

It's probably on e-bay or something.

I'll take the leader! |o| <o> |o|
<font size="2" face="arial">

Reaction score
Hah, a buck is a steal compared to what some people are paying on ebay. People are charging more than $1 simply for S&H.

I don't condone scalping the stuff, but once again, hey it's a "free market" country we live in so power to that guy if he can get some $ for them. Hey if he can rich that way, I salute him, but he sure as heck aint getting any of MY $!!!!!!

I grabbed some free stuff at C2, bagged a few "sets" of flyers and POS stuff, passed some out with some club members, and traded for some stuff I missed. I had a bag full of misc. C2 stuff I picked up at C2, postcards, posters, cards, etc.

Reaction score
AT least the guy was honest and said "I am trying to make some money." A dollar is not that much for something free. Although I think it's Mike Piazza that reminds everyone that you can get all your long distance calls for under a buck using 10-10-220 or something like that

[ 09-06-2002, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Darth Broem ]

Reaction score
I think it's an ingenious idea. I know that I plunked down a hefty chunk of change getting into Celebration II and if this guy can recoup some of his money then I say more power to him!

Reaction score
I even remember seeing this guy trying to get one of those banners hanging from the ceiling....he found one of the wheeled ladders some how and was trying his best to get a banner.

I don't know about you but for something like that why can't people just ask.
<font size="2" face="arial">Well I for one asked and was laughed at by several people in "supposed charge" I was told that me along with half the people would love to have one of those things but no one was getting them. When I tried to get one that was fixing to be thrown in a trash bin I had it taken away from me by a Wizards employee.

So my point is if you asked they wouldn't help and the only way you got one was to do it yourself and hope no employee saw you doing it.

Reaction score
I guess the Wizard employees never saw the guy....i don't see how though....

BryanC, to bad Wizard employees saw you....

I'll tell you all this....the Wizard people were all over this guy behind me at the book/comic give away on Friday. I mean his bag was "burstin" with stuff....I thought to myself...dude share the wealth. I am glad Wizard made him take out some books so that others may have them.

Never cut what you can untie!
<font size="2" face="arial">