C III location? (without the flames)

Reaction score
Anaheim, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, or Las Vegas, but wherever in the US it will be, I'll be there.

G

The one problem I found at C2 was the space. I happen to be clasterphobic, and the hallways, from moving from one place to another, was diffucult. I do know that freedom hall here in louisville's hallways are airy and WIDE! You can get from teh huge exabition halls to fredom hall without walking outside. The only drawback is, as far as I have seen, are few of the larger rooms, like Rick used for his "spectacular". which was amazing. Loved that. Seeming that this is the last "new" moive, it would be great if they could bring in everyone, from harrison ford to the stars of the newest films. Once again, just my thoughts on the subject

Reaction score
Being that I got my permit last week(stay off the road, you New Jerseyers), I can finally drive wherever I want(of course, with New Jersey rules, not for another two years).

So, in 2005, I can drive wherever I want, as long as I got gas.

However, if I were to stay at home, I'd want it to be in NYC, Boston, Baltimore, DC, maybe something in PA, or else at least on the east coast for once.

Come on:

C1-West Coast(ok, Denver, but that's still too far over the mountains for me. And I mean the Appalachians)
C2-Middle of the US(Indianapolis, it's pretty center.)
C3-East Coast(any of the cities above would be fine, or any other East Coast places).

Now, the Celebrations keep moving east, so it's natural to end up on the East Coast. And who knows? There are enough fans, there might be a Celebration every few years for the big fans. It produces a lot of money for LucasFilm, LucasFilm Lackie Companies, and other producers, so it could be a good thing to have every few years.

They could have trading conventions, where we collectors trade figures, and various collectibles. There could be shows, washed-out actors as guests, all sorts of things good for us fans.

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Here are a couple things to help in the conversation. I'm aware of this due to how involved I was in C2 because of the C2 Ventures autograph program Ben Stevens and I put on.

WotC sold off the convention part of the company and no longer owns it. This actually happened prior to C2, and it was managed under contract by the new owner. The new owner, is actually the founder of WotC. Peter Adkinson, who sold WotC to Hasbro. He bought this part back. GenCon is defintely moving to Indy next year.

When the fan club and the show company were part of Wizards/Hasbro, it only made sense for Wizards to get the contract for the show. For C3, I'd guess the new company will try to get it again even though the complimentary companies aren't involved. I'd also guess they will get the contract as they are the only ones with the experience to build upon. I'd also guess that it will be in Indy again because of their selection for GenCon, because it's centrally located and because there are less unknowns about the facility now.

Philip

Reaction score
I went to ComicCon this year. The Convention Center in San Diego is AWESOME! Perfect for C3. Close enough to Hollywood and Skywalker Ranch! I hope its there. Only a 8 hour drive for me.

G

St.Paul, MN! @ the excel energy center! We have the Mall of America too. Indy is the armpit of the USA! Sure downtown is nice but 4 miles outside, it is ghetto in every direction!

Reaction score
Nevermind, I dont want to start anything.......

[ 09-08-2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookiee ]

Reaction score
Indianapolis was just a great choice in my opinion, and it was a fourteen-hour drive from here (Oklahoma City). Due to its location, it makes much more sense than many other cities. Add to that the fact that they can learn from their experience in Celebration II--what worked, what didn't, etc.--I would have no problem with CIII being held in Indianapolis again.

[ 09-12-2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Virex ]

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Phil, always appreciated. Anything new, please keep us posted.

Ed3

Reaction score
Dallas would be great for me and the Dallas Convention Center could certainly hold it but the lack of hotels nearby or on the DART line could be a problem. It would make for a short commute for some of us, anyway.

G

Let's at least settle on San Antoinio, They have 6 Flags, River Walk and cultural/historical sites. I say It goes to Orlando or San Diego.

[ 09-12-2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: CorkboardHotWater ]

Reaction score
I thought Indy was fantastic for a location. Yes, it was crowded, and yes, they should have utilized all the space they had available, but the hotel locations were perfect, there were plenty of places to eat/drink, and Indy is a relatively safe city to be in. The fact that it's only a couple hours away from me helps of course as well.

G

Indy's cool with me. I like the city, and the hotels and all that jazz were alright with me.

Reaction score
All I'm saying is Wizards of the Coast has headquarters in Seattle...

Seattle has a brand new convention center.

It's just as big as Indy....

DAMN that would be sweet!

G

For those of you who say, "let's have it in <insert cit name>", could you please give adequate reasons? Some of these posts sound like people just giving their hometown name without considering whether they have a convention center that is centrally located, with plenty of restaurant and hotel space located in walking distance.

I personally liked Indy, and would have no problem having it there. I flew in, and I didn't have to get a rental car because all the hotels were within walking distance of the convention center. In addition, in the evening there were tons of great places to eat, again all within walking distance. It was also nice to have a movie theater and mall right there too.

I live in KC, and I would never suggest to this group to have it here, because the convention center is smaller and there are no hotels or restaurants within walking distance of it.

G

I think they should have it in Atlanta. I know it is not centerally located, but anyone that has gone to DragonCon knows that there is plenty of room for anything and everything that Celebration has to offer. They could split the convention between the Hyatt and Marriot and the guests also (Hyatt 24 floors, Marriot 41 floors, plus more hotels in that area). The local SW Fan clubs are very active (Hothlanta Rebels and the GA Garrison of the 501st). I may be partial to Atlanta because I live just south of there but it should seriously be considered.

TK-614 - OUT!

G

I know everyone wants C3 to be in there backyard, but thats not going to happen. Like it or not (I have no problem with it) it will be held in Indiana. Since every other major convention center is booked for the next 5 to 10 years, Indy is the only possible location.

Reaction score
i wish c3 was in vegas. all we ever get is star trek cons it gets me mad
vegas sin and star wars what else do you need:D

Reaction score
Yeah, I said it in another thread, but I'll say it here. If it has to be somewhere that's NOT in your backyard...shouldn't we all agree on Vegas?

Oh MAN. That would be so fun. SO much to do when the convention isn't happening....so many hotels in a close radius.....

It's just the perfect place.

G

i hope it is in boston hartford or new york Because then i might have a chance at going!!