C-3PO with Babu Frik (TROS)

Reaction score
Got this guy the other day, but just got around to opening him up. I don't know if he goes all Rambo in TROS or what, and frankly I don't care, but how great is it to finally have a 3-P0 with articulated elbows?

20191118_203120.jpg

It's kind of hard to see, but he is holding the comm link that came with Stormtrooper Luke.

And how cute is this little guy? Man, he is a lot tinier than I was expecting.

20191118_203156.jpg

Reaction score
According to the Hasbro panel at NYCC, 3-P0's eyes will turn red when exposed to cold.
I bought one of these 3PO the other day and found this out when I got home. He was sandwiched between some frozen dinners. I hadn't read about this feature before, so at first I thought he was angry at me for being stuffed into the same bag as frozen food ;)

Reaction score
LOL! I actually forgot all about this feature! I'll have to pop him in the freezer (or sandwich him between some frozen dinners) when I get home and try it out.

Reaction score
Seriously what I was thinking.

Has Hasbro ever commented on the lack of Vac Metalized for the 6"? Since I own the Amazing SH Figuarts version, its a non issue for me, but, I would buy a Hasbro vac-metalized one in a heartbeat.
They'll say it's an environmental issue, but really it boils down to cost IMO. Not only the cost to have the vac metal done to the figure, but I think they would have to use a more expensive plastic that is more rigid. The typical plastic they use these days is way to soft and flexible. A more rigid plastic also means they would probably have to come up with a different scheme for the joints. This probably takes them down a path to a figure more like a SH Figuarts.

Reaction score
Brickseek showing stock at both stores near me, but a Target associate said they might be pickup orders from online sales. Wanted to use the 25% off coupon.

Reaction score
Got this guy the other day, but just got around to opening him up. I don't know if he goes all Rambo in TROS or what, and frankly I don't care, but how great is it to finally have a 3-P0 with articulated elbows?

View attachment 339734

It's kind of hard to see, but he is holding the comm link that came with Stormtrooper Luke.

And how cute is this little guy? Man, he is a lot tinier than I was expecting.

View attachment 339735
Great photography Billy-Ray!

GNT

Reaction score
Ordered this version so hopefully get it in the next few days.

Reaction score
Someone picked up the ROS 6 inch C3PO for me, because I mentioned wanting Babu Frik. I love aliens, and since the chances are slim we'll see a 3.75 release, I'm happy to have it. Now, what to do with the droid - anyone need some custom fodder? I'll trade it for something 3.75 related.

Reaction score
Well even if they did make a 3.75" version. He'd be what, 1/2" tall? I love Aliens too but this guy feels more like an accessory than a figure of a character. Granted, we've gotten many such as Salacious Crumb.

But these type of character choices feel more like set dressing than anything pivotal. Same thing they've been doing with their Droids.

Reaction score
Well even if they did make a 3.75" version. He'd be what, 1/2" tall? I love Aliens too but this guy feels more like an accessory than a figure of a character. Granted, we've gotten many such as Salacious Crumb.

But these type of character choices feel more like set dressing than anything pivotal. Same thing they've been doing with their Droids.
Yeah, he feels like an accessory for sure - but he sports 4 POA. I wouldn't have bought this myself unless it was $5, but I'm glad I was gifted this little critter, I'm a diehard fan of new alien species, and there's simply no way we'll get it in TVC, because it would be the size of a Scout Trooper ankle blaster.

Reaction score
I just bought this for the ridiculousness of it. Still like the little Baby Frik, this line hasn't given enough aliens for me to turn any down yet

Reaction score
Wish the gold color of the Walgreen's 3PO matched. I wanted to use this version's arms on my Walgreen's one to give him the better arm articulation but the gold is so different that I couldn't do it.

Reaction score
Wish the gold color of the Walgreen's 3PO matched. I wanted to use this version's arms on my Walgreen's one to give him the better arm articulation but the gold is so different that I couldn't do it.
I wonder if an over-all dirty wash might soften or buffer the transition..?

Reaction score
Just curious, but can I ask why you wanted to do this? I mean, they are essentially the same figure other than the arms and removable rear head plate...what would swapping the arms to the WG 3-P0 accomplish?

Reaction score
Just curious, but can I ask why you wanted to do this? I mean, they are essentially the same figure other than the arms and removable rear head plate...what would swapping the arms to the WG 3-P0 accomplish?
I think he wants better articulated arms, but with the classic OT silver leg of the Walgreens figure. Maybe it would be easier to swap the leg? 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
The OTC Walgreens C3PO has different wires on his abdomen and the silver leg as well as someone else mentioned is the reason I wanted to put this new 3PO arms on the Walgreens one.

Reaction score
I took his bandolier and cross bow and gave them to my Solo Chewy and he looks great with them.

Reaction score
The OTC Walgreens C3PO has different wires on his abdomen and the silver leg as well as someone else mentioned is the reason I wanted to put this new 3PO arms on the Walgreens one.
the 3PO from the Chewie/3PO STE has the articulated arms and silver leg

Reaction score
I know, but just not willing to pay that price. Also, that 3PO has battle damage blast marks on his torso. I actually don't even know if that 3PO color matches the Walgreens one either.

I may still get that Chewie/3PO set. Just haven't quite decided yet.

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the eyes stay red? I know my collection room is a little cooler than the rest of the house, but no where near cold enough for the eyes to change. But they have stayed red.

Reaction score
Mine has had solid red eyes since purchase in November. The UK has had some cold weather and I like my room colder than most people do so I put it down to the temperature being ‘just right’ for the feature. Seeing how the feature isn’t documented, for all we know, a 20.C room is ‘cold’ for the feature to kick in lol.

Reaction score
So I found C-3PO with Babu Frik at Target today for $5.98. At first, I was just getting him for Babu Frik. But I realized his arms and hands are way better than the 3PO that came with Chewie. Ended up swapping arms head and torso with the 2 3POs to make the Ultimate 3PO. I didn't really like the "weathering" on the ESB 3PO. So I'm going to take the leftover 3PO and weather him up like crazy and make him look like a Junker.

Reaction score
So I found C-3PO with Babu Frik at Target today for $5.98. At first, I was just getting him for Babu Frik. But I realized his arms and hands are way better than the 3PO that came with Chewie. Ended up swapping arms head and torso with the 2 3POs to make the Ultimate 3PO. I didn't really like the "weathering" on the ESB 3PO. So I'm going to take the leftover 3PO and weather him up like crazy and make him look like a Junker.

Funny how Robo from fwoosh really loved ESB version of 3PO and didn't like the rest all do to the weathering.

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Babu Frik left arm? The left arm keep popping out and pushing back in each time I move it.
Yes. Both arms on mine have fallen off. They go right back in place, but I do have issues with it unless I am very careful.

Reaction score
any one still finding this set at target or even discount store (if the discount store is even open atm)? Or have an extra to trade for a MOC TVC Cara Dune?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah yes. Good ol' Freaky Bib! :) close enough.

Remember the rules for making up Star Wars names?
1. First 3 letters of your last name + first 2 letters of your first name
2. First 2 letters of your mothers' maiden (last) name + first 3 letters of your hometown.

My SW name then is: Kriuf Jevib
Ricda Jobur! I kinda dig that.