C-3PO with Babu Frik (TROS)

Reaction score
My guess is C-3PO just takes Chewie's gear because Chewie is gonna be co-piloting the Falcon so just won't need it.
I am almost sure that Chewie survives because the scene where C-3PO has his gear seems to come before Lando/Chewie in the Falcon.

Reaction score
I found a lone one hanging in Target in the midwest, out before the 11/10 street date (register locked).
I did not really know that was the date for it so I tried to buy it at self checkout.
The guy who came over called his boss to ask what to do but she took awhile to reply. I said "is there any way you can hold it for me then, I think it might be a hard one to find". He said he agreed and punched it in for the $17.99 current star wars sale price. His boss rang back just after he entered it, and he said "never mind"...
TLDR; GOT ONE! :p

Reaction score
Saw 2 of these at Target this morning. I passed on him seeing I have the one from Walgreens a few years back. My buddy tried to purchase one and register locked until 11/10.

Reaction score
Saw 2 of these at Target this morning. I passed on him seeing I have the one from Walgreens a few years back. My buddy tried to purchase one and register locked until 11/10.
I'm passing on this one as well. I got the Amazon ESB version with Chewbacca on pre-order. I also have the Walgreens one, and the 40th Anniversary one as well. That's enough C-3P0 for me.

Reaction score
Yeah - ran into the register lock this morning. Good idea to ask them to hold it. Is that release date garbage really necessary anymore?

Reaction score
I'm passing on this one as well. I got the Amazon ESB version with Chewbacca on pre-order. I also have the Walgreens one, and the 40th Anniversary one as well. That's enough C-3P0 for me.
I preordered that set as well, and am restricting myself to OT and PT eras. I do have some ST, but my shelves want more OT/PT and less ST and Iger says Less is More, so there's that.

Reaction score
Yeah - ran into the register lock this morning. Good idea to ask them to hold it. Is that release date garbage really necessary anymore?
In this particular case it makes no sense since we see both C-3PO and Babu Frik in the trailer so it's not like they're trying to hide those characters. Same with IG-11 last week. IG-11 was already shown in the Mandalorian trailer.

Reaction score
My C-3POs arms seem defefective. Not really the arm, but that cuff on his shoulder. All the other versions, that rotates freely, but for this one, it seems like it's glued on. Saw some reviews and it looks like it moves. I'll probably just try heating it a little to see if it loosens. Luckily though it's stuck in a way so that it is aligned properly with his shoulders.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to throw a gloss clear coat on any of the C-3P0 figures to try to shine him up? I'm curious to see if it works or not.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to throw a gloss clear coat on any of the C-3P0 figures to try to shine him up? I'm curious to see if it works or not.
I've used Tamiya's X-19 Smoke, sort of a wash - it definitely makes him look better. And at the same time dirties up his appearance.

Reaction score
The eyes don't really turn that red more like red orange...

Reaction score
Interesting. I never heard about the back of C-3P0's head being a removable panel. Nice.

Reaction score
My guess is C-3PO just takes Chewie's gear because Chewie is gonna be co-piloting the Falcon so just won't need it.
I am almost sure that Chewie survives because the scene where C-3PO has his gear seems to come before Lando/Chewie in the Falcon.
If you look closely in the trailer, in the shot where Chewie, Finn, and Poe are blasting Stormtroopers in the corridor, you can clearly see that Chewie is using a Stormtrooper blaster and is not wearing his bandolier. Hopefully this is more proof that JJ isn't stupid enough to kill him off.

TROS.jpg

Reaction score
If you look closely in the trailer, in the shot where Chewie, Finn, and Poe are blasting Stormtroopers in the corridor, you can clearly see that Chewie is using a Stormtrooper blaster and is not wearing his bandolier. Hopefully this is more proof that JJ isn't stupid enough to kill him off.

View attachment 339221
Theysa tinking Chewbacca's gonna die?

Reaction score
Man, I'm already in the bag for Babu Frik. What a fun little character! I really don't want to have to get yet another 3PO, but...Babu, baby!

Reaction score
Man, I'm already in the bag for Babu Frik. What a fun little character! I really don't want to have to get yet another 3PO, but...Babu, baby!
I think Babu is FRIKin stupid !!! LOL. Seriously, I think this character may be more appealing than Maz was in TLJ at least...here is to hoping.

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the new 3PO and Babu Frik

His visor goes up and down and his arms actually move at the shoulders.
Yikes, that's a nasty paint scratch on the back of his neck. Did it come that way out of the box?

Reaction score
I am actually happy this one is selling great. I saw one this morning and I thought it was meh. I mean it’s C-3po with Chewies bandolier and a bowcaster.

Reaction score
I had to ask for this out of the back today at the same store it was on the shelf 5 days before.
So weird. Nothing on the pegs and nothing in back (they say) then I can still pick up within two hours using the app.

Reaction score
So weird. Nothing on the pegs and nothing in back (they say) then I can still pick up within two hours using the app.
I placed an order for in store pick up when it went live on the site. When I got there to pick it up, I took a spin through the toy dept. 3PO was nowhere to be seen. They must have pulled mine from the back to fill the order, so why not just put the rest of them on the pegs?

Reaction score
They must have pulled mine from the back to fill the order, so why not just put the rest of them on the pegs?
The employee who pulled them out of the back for me yesterday said they had some new SWs product to put out but they hadn't set up the pegs yet. 3PO was one of those items and as soon as I picked the one I wanted he took the rest back to the stockroom. Must have a slightly reorganized planogram coming.

Reaction score
Kind of an easy pass for me.
I've already got the SH Figuarts, the Walgreens exclusive, the Bandai model and the Amazon Chewie exclusive on preorder.

Never got the red arm version and would only buy this if it were ever vastly reduced in price.

Reaction score
Found these two at Target today. There’s a 25% off coupon you can apply and bring it down to $15. For me it was too goofy to pass up.