C-3PO with Babu Frik (TROS)

Reaction score
Looks like it'll be a great combo and something different for C-3PO but is anyone else thinking if they drop Babu on the floor they'll never see him again???
Yep! .........

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to this one...finally a general release 3-P0 with articulated arms! I was this close to buying the Disney exclusive set when I was at DL, but I held back...thankfully.

Reaction score
That little guy is too cute. I have to get this set. I wonder what the deal is with Threepio wearing Chewie's bandolier. And he doesn't have red eyes on the toy, does he? That's to bad.

Reaction score
JJ Abrams: The Force Awakens = A New Hope carbon copy
RJ: The Last Jedi = Empire Strikes Back: Salt instead of Snow
JJ Abrams: Rise of Skywalker = Return of the Jedi carbon copy (Cute Babus instead of cute Ewoks)

Reaction score
JJ Abrams: The Force Awakens = A New Hope carbon copy
RJ: The Last Jedi = Empire Strikes Back: Salt instead of Snow
JJ Abrams: Rise of Skywalker = Return of the Jedi carbon copy (Cute Babus instead of cute Ewoks)
I would never have imagined how much I would love carbon copy.

Reaction score
Lucas: A New Hope = Kurosawa films(especially Hidden Fortress), Grail mythological, Joseph Campbell, John Ford Westerns, about a dozen Grimm & Anderson fairy tales. But the presentation was extremely entertaining.

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Bandai kit for my primary Threepio. I do wonder though, if that bandolier is just sitting there... I think they'll want it to stay in place while posing the figure, so I bet it'll either be glued on, or there will be a peg on the strap and a hole in his shoulder.

Reaction score
Here’s an official image of Babu Frik. According to his bio he’s a tiny Anzellan droidsmith who works among the Spice Runners of Kijimi and can reprogram or modify virtually any droid.

Reaction score
I wish they'd just make a 2-pack of D-O and Babu Frik like the porg 2-pack.
Would anyone buy it? I opened my Rey figure and left that little thing right in the box. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't care for D-O just based on it's appearance.

Reaction score
Would anyone buy it? I opened my Rey figure and left that little thing right in the box. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I don't care for D-O just based on it's appearance.
Send him my way! Lol $3 for a bubble mailer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anyway, what's a droidsmith? What's wrong with engineer, mechanic, designer, etc.? Or, y'know, roboticist? And don't tell me they're droids not robots. SW has used the word robots before. It shouldn't bother me, but this is reminding me of the "younglings" scenario from way back in '05. Them using a made-up word for something that exists in real life. Just say droid engineer or droid designer.

Reaction score
Anyway, what's a droidsmith? What's wrong with engineer, mechanic, designer, etc.? Or, y'know, roboticist? And don't tell me they're droids not robots. SW has used the word robots before. It shouldn't bother me, but this is reminding me of the "younglings" scenario from way back in '05. Them using a made-up word for something that exists in real life. Just say droid engineer or droid designer.
Kinda like blacksmith. Sure mechanic works, but this is now scifi sounding

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have a hunch, after seeing this version of C-3PO, that Chewbacca does not make it through the whole of EP9.

Reaction score
I have a hunch, after seeing this version of C-3PO, that Chewbacca does not make it through the whole of EP9.
It would be stupid to kill off Chewbacca. He's one of the few OT main characters, other than the droids, that could be played by another actor (and already is) in future installments. that plus Wookiees live longer than humans.

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Hasbro has decided to release 2 C-3PO figures so close together. This one and the Chewbacca/C-3PO 2-pack from ESB. I suppose this bodes well for the 6" line.

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Hasbro has decided to release 2 C-3PO figures so close together. This one and the Chewbacca/C-3PO 2-pack from ESB. I suppose this bodes well for the 6" line.
It's also wild that we'll have two ST 3PO's and just the one initial BB8 release with Rey.

Reaction score
It's also wild that we'll have two ST 3PO's and just the one initial BB8 release with Rey.
I'm not following. Rey comes with D-0.

Actually, I'm already planning to pick up the Bandai model kit for my 1/12 scale BB-8 and D-0 fix. Much better compared to the BS releases as long as you are willing to put in the work to build them.

Reaction score
I'm not following. Rey comes with D-0.

Actually, I'm already planning to pick up the Bandai model kit for my 1/12 scale BB-8 and D-0 fix. Much better compared to the BS releases as long as you are willing to put in the work to build them.
He's saying that we will now have two Sequel Trilogy 3-P0s (the TFA one with red arm and this one) and we have only had one BB-8 (the one that came with TFA Rey)

Reaction score
I'm trying hard not to purchase this. I've got the ESB Chewie 2-pack on pre-order, and the standard 3PO already in my collection (plus that metal one from Disney Store).

Reaction score
Robotkingdom has this figure up for people order with it shipping out on the 28th

Reaction score
It would be stupid to kill off Chewbacca. He's one of the few OT main characters, other than the droids, that could be played by another actor (and already is) in future installments. that plus Wookiees live longer than humans.
Your statements are certainly true, and I happen to agree with them; but I fear that doesn't save our favorite Wookiee from an untimely demise. The sequel trilogy isn't kind to our OT characters; even those who can be easily played by other actors. Though not a main character, Ackbar getting tossed away like yesterday's garbage for example. I have no basis of support and hope I am wrong in every way; but I have this persistent dread that Chewie, Lando and the Falcon are all going down in a final blaze of glory. Like I said, nothing to support this theory and I hope I'm wrong as that would be pretty dismal and stupid; but at this point I put nothing past the sequel trilogy.

Reaction score
Your statements are certainly true, and I happen to agree with them; but I fear that doesn't save our favorite Wookiee from an untimely demise. The sequel trilogy isn't kind to our OT characters; even those who can be easily played by other actors. Though not a main character, Ackbar getting tossed away like yesterday's garbage for example. I have no basis of support and hope I am wrong in every way; but I have this persistent dread that Chewie, Lando and the Falcon are all going down in a final blaze of glory. Like I said, nothing to support this theory and I hope I'm wrong as that would be pretty dismal and stupid; but at this point I put nothing past the sequel trilogy.
Rian didn't kill him off, JJ won't either. I don't think JJ dare kill off Chewie, not after forgetting his hug in TFA. :)