C-3PO (Droids)

Reaction score
Three Rules of Collectibles Acquisition missteps here. Could’ve saved some heartbreak.

Rule of Collectibles Acquisition #4
If you see it in person in good condition, buy it even if you have it ordered online.

Rule of Collectibles Acquisition #9
Assume the worst for any collectible shipped from a big box store. They don’t give a ****.

Rule of Collectibles Acquisition #17
Schrödinger’s toy. Assume any collectible in transit is lost or damaged till confirmed not to be.
Good summarization. Save the receipt, you can always return it.

Reaction score
A random thought... what an epic blunder on Hasbro's part not to release these as retro collection figures. Fett mold is done and it could have been a test run for the inevitable R2 and 3po retro figures. No vac metalization required!
While I have no interest in Retro figures, it likely is a possibility down the road since they're just repaints and surely 3PO and R2 have to be on the list as popular as the line is.

Reaction score
If they would have released them as retro figure, extra especially Fett, people would would be crawling over each other to get them. There is really zero tie to the TVC.

Reaction score
If they would have released them as retro figure, extra especially Fett, people would would be crawling over each other to get them. There is really zero tie to the TVC.
I’m guessing you weren’t around in 1985. Modern sculpting on retro packaging fits IMO. Probably more so than prequel, sequel, and EU/Disney+ figures. Either way I like all the stuff they’ve been releasing.

Reaction score
Meh Retro style figures on retro cards > modern figures on retro cards.

We can have both. Hear that Hasbro!

Reaction score
I’m guessing you weren’t around in 1985. Modern sculpting on retro packaging fits IMO. Probably more so than prequel, sequel, and EU/Disney+ figures. Either way I like all the stuff they’ve been releasing.
I was well into GI Joe at that point. I don't believe I recall seeing them at the store but I wasn't interested by 85.

Reaction score
Recently picked up the new Droids C3-PO figure. Excellent! What a fantastic sculpt & great articulation. Really like the way they did this. Hopefully I'll be also able to find the Boba Fett & R2-D2 also done in this Droids animated style. It would be nice if they made more figures in this line (like they did in the original Droids line), i.e. Thall Joben, Kea Moll, Tige Fromm, Jord Dusat. Even better would be if they also made some figures that were unproduced in the original line, i.e. Vlix, etc. But, I suspect these three are all that will be coming out at this point.

I had the original C3-PO Droids figure back in '85, and even at that time did not like that it was just the same?! sculpt of the regular C3-PO figure from the films - but with some changes re: the type & color of plastic used. However, overall that figure was sub-par.

And, this new one is an improvement in every way. Nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to ship-to-store one of these. Finally a Target exclusive that I want which I could buy!

I'm keeping it carded, but it was fun to spend a minute tapping on the cardback to get the coin to sit upright.

Reaction score
gave in and picked this one up today. he was the only star wars product at all available at my target. he's alright i guess.

Reaction score
I actually returned my C-3P0 to Target today. I decided I don't need these in my collection. Gotta trim the fat so to speak.

Reaction score
I think it’s this one instead

1648092698056.jpeg

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything at Target but Lando in literally months. Nice find!

Reaction score
That’s right. I forgot. I should’ve known. Because here, in America (God’s Little Acre), it’s only Lando after Lando, as far as the eye can see.

They should change the lyrics of “America the Beautiful” to “…amber waves of grain, and Landos/the purple mountains’ majesty…”

Reaction score
That’s right. I forgot. I should’ve known. Because here, in America (God’s Little Acre), it’s only Lando after Lando, as far as the eye can see.

They should change the lyrics of “America the Beautiful” to “…amber waves of grain, and Landos/the purple mountains’ majesty…”
Lando the free, and the home of the brave

Reaction score
Landos are so ubiquitous that maybe they should be in the lyrics to every song ever written. For example:

“Life can be so sweet/On the sunny side of the Landos”

“Feed the Landos/Tuppence a Lando/Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a Lando”

“Oops Lando did it again/Lando played with your heart/Lando got lost in the game”