C-3PO (ANH) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
C-3PO (ANH) - Pipeline Reveal from the Fan First Wednesday Livestream 09.08.21. Archive Line 2022.

Black-Series-C-3-PO-ANH-Archive-Pipeline-Reveal.jpg

Reaction score
I just can't get excited about a C-3PO that isn't gold chrome painted. The standard gold paint is boring. Now if they made him in Droids colors that would be awesome.

Reaction score
While I have plenty of 3POs, I understand that as a main character Hasbro would want to get him back out on a card for newer collectors. Feels like it has been a bit since we've seen him single carded? Or am I mistaken?

Reaction score
While I have plenty of 3POs, I understand that as a main character Hasbro would want to get him back out on a card for newer collectors. Feels like it has been a bit since we've seen him single carded? Or am I mistaken?
Only C-3PO I've been able to get was the Chewie + dismembered 3PO when Amazon marked it down for a sale. I do have a model kit version though. Never seen a single release 3PO.

Reaction score
I believe the last single release was the TRoS version that came with Babu Frik. Which was a very nice version - had the new arm articulation, face photo real on the eyes, and more silver trim on the shoulders than I remember from older releases. But that's an ST version. I'm curious to see which one they out out for Archive, given that Hasbro doesn't update sculpts except to add photo real. Will they do the TROS version but repainted with a silver leg so it's OT? Will they use the take apart version from the Chewie 2-pack? Or straight repack of the original with no elbow joints?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
While not exciting for those of us with a handful of 3POs, it's good to have him available. And, like with the new archive Lando and Dengar, he's someone who can be used for a Jabba's Palace display. So they are moving pieces in place for people to get figures to augment the Rancor, which is a rare smart move for Hasbro.

Reaction score
Hopefully it will have the updated arms and eyes like the version that comes with Chewbacca.
I'm down for this if it's a straight repaint of that C-3PO, just a clean version without the battle damage. Articulated arms, open hands, silver leg. If it's a reissue of the first C3PO from 2016....dumb. But since they did a straight repack of ROTS Obi-Wan for Archive, it's always possible.

Reaction score
I'm down for three, two for repainting into R-3PO and K-3PO. They did improve the limbs on the exclusive version, so maybe that will follow onto the new release I hope.

C3PO is relatively thin on the ground in the UK, much like R2. Speaking of R2, clean version sized correctly please?

Reaction score
Only C-3PO I've been able to get was the Chewie + dismembered 3PO when Amazon marked it down for a sale. I do have a model kit version though. Never seen a single release 3PO.
Wasn't it a Walgreen's exclusive in the US? I got into Black Series just when photo real started. I recall picking up an old dusty 3PO that was lingering on the shelf for a long time it seemed. I think the only other ANH C-3PO was the ANH anniversary wave. So, it's been a while.

Reaction score
Including 000, I currently have 5 protocol droids in my collection, the silver-leg ANH, red-arm TFA, take-apart w/ Chewie, and TROS w/ Babu Frik.
Therefor not very excited about this Archive choice, except for some multiple repaints maybe. dirty AOTC, white K-3PO, red R-3PO, silver TC-14...

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Wasn't it a Walgreen's exclusive in the US? I got into Black Series just when photo real started. I recall picking up an old dusty 3PO that was lingering on the shelf for a long time it seemed. I think the only other ANH C-3PO was the ANH anniversary wave. So, it's been a while.
From what I can recall there's been 6 releases for 3PO
  1. Mainline red box #29 (From TFA w/ red arm)
  2. Walgreens exclusive (From ANH) (Slight Retool/Repaint of #29/Silver Leg)
  3. 40th Anniversary of ANH Carded (Straight Repack of Walgreens)
  4. Target Exclusive w/ Babu Frik (From TROS) (Kitbash of previous versions w/ new head & 4LOM/000 arms. All gold)
  5. Amazon Exclusive w/ Chewbacca (From TESB) (Another kitbash w/ some new tooling/Silver leg)
  6. Galaxy's Edge Droid Depot w/ BB-8, R2, & DJ (Don't have this one so not sure, but I think it might be the same as the Target version)

GNT

Reaction score
It’s good to keep the core characters on the shelves, I’m keen to see if they do change it up (doubtful).

Reaction score
If they give us the version that came in the ESB Chewbacca/3-P0 set, I will definitely get him. Hands down the best version that Hasbro has released yet. I can then take that one apart and put him in the back pack. As it is, he is my go to 3-P0 right now.

Reaction score
If they give us the version that came in the ESB Chewbacca/3-P0 set, I will definitely get him. Hands down the best version that Hasbro has released yet. I can then take that one apart and put him in the back pack. As it is, he is my go to 3-P0 right now.
I agree that's the one I want as well, but it won't be the one we get. I don't need 7 C3PO's. This reissue thing is getting ridiculous. At least reissue the figures that people want. They could have reissued this C3PO with removable limbs on the black series 40TH ESB Card and everyone would have loved it.

Last edited: