Burnham Bowl Toy Show

Reaction score
Awe, I'm outta town. Watcha selling?
I'm not really sure, lol! I have to dig around. Lots of DVD's, blu-rays, Vintage SW figures (duplicates) and vehicles, horror figures and other non-SW figures... I need to spend a lot of time in my basement to prepare...

Reaction score
Can I hang out with you guys behind the booth? I could help you sell stuff and stuff. It would be fun to be on the other side of the desk for once.

Reaction score
Ken...Do you have any vintage astromechs your selling???
Gonna start doing customs...

Thanks man!

Reaction score
We should just get a table every Burnham Bowl and not sell anything. Just sit back and eat pizza or something. This way we can get the good stuff before the show opens.

Reaction score
I may not go if you guys are going to scoop up all the good stuff. Maybe I can help set up too.
The good stuff is scooped up EVERY week by other dealers. That's how it's always been... That's the big advantage to getting a table...

I don't mind if you help set-up, but I have no idea what the rules are. I need to check with Henry. I heard something about 2 people, but I don't know if that is 2 per table, or 2 per purchase. I have 2 tables, cuz Andy has one, so it's POSSIBLE this could work. I'll let you know once I find out the info from Henry. But the focus would be on getting me set-up first and foremost, not perusing other tables at least until after all of our stuff has been brought in from the cars. I don't want to leave anything unattended.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How it works is you get to set up an hour before the show starts. And all the dealers and such will be looking through your stuff before you even get it all unpacked out of the box. It's like vultures going after something ran over in the road. Yep all the good stuff is gone before the show starts. Once the doors open there is action for the first hour to hour and a half. Then you are just sitting around hanging out till you figure it's time to pack up.

Reaction score
Sounds just like Kane County Toy Show. I always here about the awesome deals people get before the show actually opens. Maybe, just maybe, more people would show up if they left the deals for the paying public.

Reaction score
How it works is you get to set up an hour before the show starts. And all the dealers and such will be looking through your stuff before you even get it all unpacked out of the box. It's like vultures going after something ran over in the road. Yep all the good stuff is gone before the show starts. Once the doors open there is action for the first hour to hour and a half. Then you are just sitting around hanging out till you figure it's time to pack up.
Not necessarily. Jerry picked up a loose Collector Series electronic Executor for me after the show opened. That thing is selling for mucho bucks on eBay without the box. Glad to get my holy grail and complete my set! Thx again Jerry!

Reaction score
The good stuff is scooped up EVERY week by other dealers. That's how it's always been... That's the big advantage to getting a table...

I don't mind if you help set-up, but I have no idea what the rules are. I need to check with Henry. I heard something about 2 people, but I don't know if that is 2 per table, or 2 per purchase. I have 2 tables, cuz Andy has one, so it's POSSIBLE this could work. I'll let you know once I find out the info from Henry. But the focus would be on getting me set-up first and foremost, not perusing other tables at least until after all of our stuff has been brought in from the cars. I don't want to leave anything unattended.
I'm just kidding. I don't care if I get in early. I usually find stuff that is not on everyone's radar that is valuable to me!

Reaction score
A bit off topic: anybody ever go to Rummage-A-Rama? Looks like it's probably a waste of time, but I'm still curious if anyone's ever found toys there.

Reaction score
I would say it is a waste of time. We have been there a few times and I don't think we ever bought anything Star Wars. There was Star Wars stuff last time, but I didn't want to buy anything. A guy had a vintage Droids figure, but I decided to pass. Can't remember the price.

Reaction score
I'm just kidding. I don't care if I get in early. I usually find stuff that is not on everyone's radar that is valuable to me!
You do tend to have an eagle eye, and find stuff that nobody else sees. Plus, you are always on the lookout for things which Tom and I would have no interest in...

Not necessarily. Jerry picked up a loose Collector Series electronic Executor for me after the show opened. That thing is selling for mucho bucks on eBay without the box. Glad to get my holy grail and complete my set! Thx again Jerry!
I found the stand for it, and told Jerry to go back for it. Just sayin'... :p

A bit off topic: anybody ever go to Rummage-A-Rama? Looks like it's probably a waste of time, but I'm still curious if anyone's ever found toys there.
Complete and utter waste of time. Every time I go, I regret it. I never buy anything. There are very few toy dealers, and of those, even fewer that have anything worth buying. Unless you want chew toys for your pets, or nuts and candy, I say don't bother. There was one decent dealer which had Star Wars at the last show. That was it.

Reaction score
How was burnham? I was planning on going but got into a bad car accident Friday afternoon on 94. My car is totaled and I have 14 stitches in my head. Then the broncos lost...made for a very craptastic weekend!
any r2 stuff???

thanks guys!

Reaction score
How was burnham? I was planning on going but got into a bad car accident Friday afternoon on 94. My car is totaled and I have 14 stitches in my head. Then the broncos lost...made for a very craptastic weekend!
any r2 stuff???

thanks guys!
Oh crap! Glad to hear you're OK, other than stitches. What happened? Icy road? Some ******* cut you off? I hope insurance covers most of it...

Burnham was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC! It was my first show as a seller. I took in $353. After subtracting the $20 table, and $32 I spent buying crap, I still cleared $300. $105 came from DVD's though. The rest from collectibles. I actually have an R2 item you might be interested in:
ThinkGeek :: Star Wars R2-D2 Inflatable R/C
I have an extra one, brand new/sealed. I was willing to go as low as $30 for it. Other than that, I don't recall seeing any R2 items, other than an Episode 1 R2 figure...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey! Insurance will cover it. Everyone stopped for an ambulance crept the pick up truck behind me.

Save that for me man. Definitely interested!

Reaction score
Hey! Insurance will cover it. Everyone stopped for an ambulance crept the pick up truck behind me.

Glad to hear insurance will cover it, and that it wasn't your fault, and of course that you weren't too seriously injured. I hope you didn't have any collectibles in the car, which got destroyed!
I'll hang onto the remote R2 for you. I kept an eye out for you at Burnham Bowl, thinking you might show up...

Reaction score

You are lucky you didn't get killed. If you did, you would have missed the next Burnham Bowl. See above.