Build-a-Weapon Parts

Reaction score
Also, further insult added by the fact that we haven't gotten a normal Luke OT lightsaber in over 15 years, and when we do... this is what they give us.

Reaction score
They can be attached to the Kenner Jawa Droid Factory Playset pieces but the fit is tight.
Hasbro could easily make a similar playset with more pieces and actually make droids/weapons. I might be inclined to get more figures then.

It seems that new figures are getting old BAW pieces but in a different color. Is this true? (I'm not really looking at figures until after I've seen the movie - even if I've already bought them).
If so, I hope the Vader Probot piece reissue comes with a better figure (preferably a figure one needs multiples of).

Reaction score
I don't hate them. Just think about it:

Some (like Vader's) look like the unproduced Droids companions from the Droids line.
Others are BFGs. Lovely.
Then there are the flying contraptions that usually come with pilots, so kids can make them fly right out of the package.
And those backpack thingies remind me of something right out from Rambo's line.

Just imagine you have 7 y/o. You have in front of you an eternity to be spent in a dentist's waiting room, and all you got for that misery is a brand new PILOT POE figure. You open it right there and find out:

a) He's a pilot, and you don't have a ship, bummer.

b) You keep digging, and find the next best thing right there in the same package: a turbine backpack.

Too bad most kids today don't giva a **** about toys and they probably would pass that time playing an ultra realistic game or watching Youtube on their iPads.

Reaction score
It's quite by accident that I have parts to assemble one of these. Asty, Snowtrooper and wave 2 Stormtrooper all have the parts for the same weapon. Yet I still can't bring myself to take the 30 seconds to assemble it. I know we are beating a dead horse, but I'd gladly give these up for a bit more articulation. And dare I say they could give us even more articulation if they didn't insist on such large and wasted packaging. I'm so tired of large bubbles and plastic trays. They can't pack 5 POA in dynamic poses on the card anyway. Our requests are simple. Just give us an 8-10 POA figure in a small bubble on a decent cardback.

Reaction score
I really wish they had just done build a droid, or build a figure, or even just build a set piece that maybe, I don't know, actually appeared in the movie? The irony is that if they had done that, I would've picked up the Bespin Lue, the Vader, the Rebels repacks, etc. As it stands, I have no need to buy the repacked figures since these weapons are all Hasbro creations. Not really a mini-rig kinda guy, but at least some of them did look like they could've been in the movies. These are just goofy.

Reaction score
Still seeking some for my daughter! If anyone wants to sell, PM me! Thx!

Reaction score
I have the blades from the Snow Trooper and the white gun from the enforcer and the jet pack from General Hux.

Reaction score
Why has no one posted a single image of these put together or on a figure?

I had the parts to assemble one other, but just haven't done it. But seeing how these were just sitting on my desk and all acquired in one shot, here is a pic. It's all theparts from Nein Numb, Stormtrooper Squad Leader and Unmasked Kylo Ren. My God does this thing look STUPID!

Reaction score
Would have been far cooler to build some of those small background droids like the yellow repair droid etc.

Reaction score
I had the parts to assemble one other, but just haven't done it. But seeing how these were just sitting on my desk and all acquired in one shot, here is a pic. It's all theparts from Nein Numb, Stormtrooper Squad Leader and Unmasked Kylo Ren. My God does this thing look STUPID!

That looks like a trade federation battle droid version of a E-web blaster. Its silly enough to fit right in with them.

Reaction score

Agreed. I put together this B-A-W earlier in the week and was so unimpressed. I get what Hasbro is going for with this value added concept, but they're really missing the point.

The reason why the Build-A-Droid program was so cool was because the droids were something you WANTED to add to your collection. I got totally drawn in to that line because it gave us an outlet for those obscure astromechs from Mos Eisley that might not do so well on their own in the basic figure line. It gave us an outlet for EU droids like the R7 units or the YVH-1. And it gave us KOTOR droids like HK-47 and HK-50. The on screen aspect, or being featured in some sort of media gave these droids more appeal than previous value-added promotions.

If Hasbro had make these pieces something that you had seen on the First Order Star Destroyer Finalizer, or on Jakku at Niima station, or at Maz's castle on Takodana, or the Resistance Base on D'Qar, I would be much more into this program.

Reaction score
Maz had 3 droids and the big red one, Jakku had at least 6, the Resistance had 2 (unmade), and NO had mice and one unique droid (white mouse) which I'd assume people would be happy with multiples of. Several droids are big enough to to be spread out over several waves.

Jakku wave 1: 2 tiny miner droids, Amp Gonk
Wave 2: Welder droid (2 pcs), Brown Amp/Gonk droid
Wave 3: Vulture-like droid (2 pcs), Gonk

Maz 1: Big red droid
Maz 2: Female protocol droid
Maz 3: Server droid, Attack ball droids, Resistance spy droid

FO 1: White mouse, mouse droid (x2)(smooth top or bumpy top).
FO 2: Cannon guns (I think there might be 2 kinds or it can be 2 pieces)
FO 3: Fueling tanks, storage crates (x2?)

Resistance 1: Budford
Resistance 2: 2 gonks, Thermal detonator crate
R3: R Unit x2, crate
R4: R Unit x2, crate

Another way to go could have been (build a) beast

Jakku 1, Worm, Steel Pecker, Worrt
Jakku 2: turkey things, rat things, Pink Wenis looking things (concept art and made in creature shop) These 3 would fit in
Jakku 3: Bobbojango?

Maz 1 Grungar (could be spread out over 2 waves)
Maz 2: Blue Jewelers x2, ?
Maz 3: short Band member x2, instruments
any of the taller aliens

FO 1: blowed up Senators 1
FO 2: blowed up Senators 2
FO 2:? Spy chick

I'd also pair things that people might want multiples of with figures people would buy multiples of (Zuvio, Hassk Thugs, Stormtroopers)

Reaction score
I'm all for the build a creature idea, or even just including a small creature with each figure, or at the very least, something, ANYTHING that is actually in the movies. With 7 films, 5 1/2 seasons of TCW, and 2 + seasons of Rebels, there is no reason they can't give us something from the media. It doesn't even have to follow a theme. Give us small droids, the Steelpecker, the worm, a worrt, computer consoles, etc. There are so many details in SW, it is just ridiculous to think that they need to make things up. Or that the majority of us would be interested in these things. If they had given us creatures/droids/set pieces with these figures, I would have a reason to buy another Ezra, Inquisitor, Vader, Bespin Luke, etc. But with BAW, no thanks.

Reaction score
I'm all for the build a creature idea, or even just including a small creature with each figure, or at the very least, something, ANYTHING that is actually in the movies. With 7 films, 5 1/2 seasons of TCW, and 2 + seasons of Rebels, there is no reason they can't give us something from the media. It doesn't even have to follow a theme. Give us small droids, the Steelpecker, the worm, a worrt, computer consoles, etc. There are so many details in SW, it is just ridiculous to think that they need to make things up. Or that the majority of us would be interested in these things. If they had given us creatures/droids/set pieces with these figures, I would have a reason to buy another Ezra, Inquisitor, Vader, Bespin Luke, etc. But with BAW, no thanks.
I completely agree with you. I think it may be possible that the reason they went this route was because of the limitations imposed by all the secrecy behind TFA. Hopefully with the upcoming lines moving forward we'll see more actual movie props/creatures etc. rather than just made up junk.

Reaction score
I was thinking a prototype of the Droideka.
I can see that. I actually like some of the BAW stuff... I use a lot of the pieces for my Land of the Jawas set and Droid Factory set. the pieces kinda look ok next to a Sandcrawler.

Reaction score
Does anyone use these things?
Waste of plastic IMO.
Would have been better if we'd been given a stand base, to reflect the environment each figure was from (ie) Space, Desert, Jungle, Snow.

Reaction score
Does anyone use these things?
Waste of plastic IMO.
Would have been better if we'd been given a stand base, to reflect the environment each figure was from (ie) Space, Desert, Jungle, Snow.
Stands need to be a standard pack in. Especially with the SA figures that take a half hour to position just right so they'll stand up for 5 seconds. I truly fell in love again with 5POA recently. I'd finally got shelves/etc to display my new collection I've built up the past couple of years. The SA figures were so damn brittle. Hands popping off when barely being touched. Joints that are so stiff that the figure feels like it will break just from extending the arm forward. The previously mentioned posing issues. But the 5POA are nice and solid and you can put weapons in their hands without a hand falling off and so on. I could care less if SA is ever widespread again.

Reaction score
Yes, they stand beautifully and easily.
The SA line for TFA never made it here to Australia (whole other story) but the Walmart Finn (Jakku) was an absolute disaster.
Getting him to stand to look like he wasn't peeing his pants, or having a seizure was an ordeal.

Where are the 6" stands!?!

Reaction score
I haven't built any of the Build a weapons yet. I am still trying to complete my build a droids from 2008 and 2009. I'm on the search for middle legs. Of course it's getting harder and harder to find people that care about that pack-in as most pieces have been used or lost. This pack-in doesn't have the staying power that droids have. Bring that back and allow people to build on screen and off screen astromechs. Those would sell in my humble opinion.

Reaction score
I haven't built any of the Build a weapons yet. I am still trying to complete my build a droids from 2008 and 2009. I'm on the search for middle legs. Of course it's getting harder and harder to find people that care about that pack-in as most pieces have been used or lost. This pack-in doesn't have the staying power that droids have. Bring that back and allow people to build on screen and off screen astromechs. Those would sell in my humble opinion.

Ahh, but see Hasbro claims it's "Not Cost Effective" to include a Build A Droid part. Yet they can justify these build a weapon parts, which use roughly the same amount of plastic. This goes back to my theory that Disney shut Hasbro down on the Build A Droid parts. As a way to keep them an exclusive to Disney parks.

Reaction score
Yeah the Disney parks did get them at around the same time we lost them. It seems like going to a Disney park is the only way to get astromechs anymore, that or e-bay neither is cost effective.

Reaction score
Yeah the Disney parks did get them at around the same time we lost them. It seems like going to a Disney park is the only way to get astromechs anymore, that or e-bay neither is cost effective.

^^^^ I miss the "Like" button!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that! 2 of them are pretty neat nut the saw one is just weird. You should play with different combinations. You might find something cool.

ZX3

Reaction score
Ahh, but see Hasbro claims it's "Not Cost Effective" to include a Build A Droid part. Yet they can justify these build a weapon parts, which use roughly the same amount of plastic. This goes back to my theory that Disney shut Hasbro down on the Build A Droid parts. As a way to keep them an exclusive to Disney parks.
I love Build a Droid more than any other thing Hasbro has ever done and think that the build a weapons are silly, but I can see the argument that getting an extra gun probably appeals to young boys more than a disembodied arm and that the experience of building your own action figure as a souvenir at a theme park works in a way that getting a body piece pack in doesn't.

That said, even though I understand the argument doesn't mean I like it.

Reaction score
So I never collected all these together, partially because I never got all the TFA figures. I will say, of all of these, I did like the little droid that got made with the snow wave, with the skis and blade arms. I actual keep him around as a random little background droid.

Reaction score
I have all of the TFA 3.75" figures and for the longest time I kept these BAW pieces in a plastic bag. Every time I would get a new figure I would open it, put the figure with there movie accurate weapon/accessory on my shelf, and throw the BAW piece in the bag. Then about a few months ago I was going through my drawer and looked at the over stuffed bag and asked myself what the hell I was doing. I threw them all out that day. Now with the R1 figures I don't even bother taking the large rocket launchers or ziplines put of the bubble, they just go right in the trash with the packaging lol

Reaction score
I have all of the TFA 3.75" figures and for the longest time I kept these BAW pieces in a plastic bag. Every time I would get a new figure I would open it, put the figure with there movie accurate weapon/accessory on my shelf, and throw the BAW piece in the bag. Then about a few months ago I was going through my drawer and looked at the over stuffed bag and asked myself what the hell I was doing. I threw them all out that day. Now with the R1 figures I don't even bother taking the large rocket launchers or ziplines put of the bubble, they just go right in the trash with the packaging lol
Bodhi's and Chirrut's are actually seen in the film at least. Those are the only ones so far I've kept. But I've only bought a small handful of these figures.

Reaction score
Bodhi's and Chirrut's are actually seen in the film at least. Those are the only ones so far I've kept. But I've only bought a small handful of these figures.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention my Bodhi is wearing the backpack thing, it completes the figure nicely