Build-a-Weapon Parts

Reaction score
I have a feeling these are going to be a plague on the community until someone finds a way to turn them into something cool then we'll all be kicking ourselves for dumping them.

Reaction score
Kohl's. I would not have gotten them without some Kohl's cash that my wife had and a coupon. Fn $11.99 each lol
S11.99... my kohl's on Saturday had all toys buy 1 get 1 50% so I was able to snag all of wave 2 with a 4 extra Stormtroopers, an Assault Walker and speeder bike and I think for around $60.00 total.

Reaction score
Anyone that doesnt want the packin BAW parts, Ill take them PM me

Reaction score
Why has no one posted a single image of these put together or on a figure?
I'll post some tonight on my Twitter feed @SWCHAMP. they are actually kinda cool. some are hit and miss but for the most part they kinda work as an "EU" inspired droid, or mini rig, or accessory

Reaction score
I love those pack in weapons .. so far I've only been able to complete the poe,resistance and tie pilot one. have the flame trooper one but need the others. if folks don't want them and don't mind posting them overseas( I'm in Ireland) I'll gladly take em. also loading a Youtube video review for them (hope it works been super slow to load stuff)

Reaction score
Why has no one posted a single image of these put together or on a figure?
I'd like to know this as well.

Are there new weapons with the wave 2 figures or are they the same ones with different figures? If there are more, it would be interesting to know how many Hasbro plan to make.

Reaction score
Thanks for trying, DA.

I'd like to know this as well.

Are there new weapons with the wave 2 figures or are they the same ones with different figures? If there are more, it would be interesting to know how many Hasbro plan to make.
They are all new. One is kinda cool, actually. It's snow themed and has some kind of skis on it, I think.

Reaction score
This is the only one that I have complete. It's kind of cool, but would be even better if the blaster cannon would turn on the turret.

Reaction score
I don't want to be too cynical, but this really seemed like a sneaky way to get people to buy figures they didn't want for the sake of finishing an accessory they also might not want.

At least with build-a-droid, you could cobble together an asymmetrical kitbash and call it a new character.

So, yeah, I'd rather have just seen Hasbro skip the accessory and sell the figure for less. $8 is really steep for the quality.

Also, does anyone else think Hockey's space cannon looks like it should be able to transform into R2-D2?

Reaction score
Technically, you can also combine these into an asymmetrical kit bash. The peg sizes match.

Reaction score
I propose that we rename this thread Build-A-Gimmick-so-hasbro-could-raise-the-price-by-two-dollars-to-make-money-with-a-10cent-accesory

Reaction score
Technically, you can also combine these into an asymmetrical kit bash. The peg sizes match.
Ah, I did not know that. Still, I guess I'd just prefer a scraped together character over a scraped together accessory...but I do see your point.

Reaction score
That's interesting to know. It would be interesting to see what combinations People have come up with then.

Pack-ins can be fun and although I haven't gotten any of These, it would be interesting to see what could be made with the various parts. If I was collecting These, I'd really have some Problems because figures like Darth Vader, I don't Need, so I'd really be stuck with single pieces.

Reaction score
I've found I dislike about half of these build-a-weapon contraptions, but I did put together the one for the second Wave Stromtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Asty, and it kinda makes a neat little droid. Its base parts are a jetpack, arm attaching blades, and a two-handed blaster cannon, but together, they actually look way more droid like than a weapon, and I kinda enjoy them, plus the three parts are actually somewhat useful separately.

Reaction score
Not that I have gone out and bought a ron of these 5 POA figures, but for the ones I have, the build a weapon part has been thrown into my misc. parts box. I've got no real use for them and have no plans on buying extra figures I do not want just to complete some silly hair brained pack in to justify a price hike.

Reaction score
I haven't opened any of my single-carded figures, but I definitely don't like the BAW pieces. They just look cheap to me.
They'd just end up in a drawer or a box if I did open them.

But I can see the appeal for some people. Especially children who don't care and just like the extra accessories.

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about these - I would have preferred BAD or build a creature, instead of these Hasbro creations that likely don't appear in the movie. I ordered the Amazon exclusive troop set so I didn't pick up any single packed FO troops, so I likely cant build anything. The one that caught my eye was from Hux, Inquisitor, and the Guavian - unfortunately I have the Inquisitor already so I'll be missing that part. I really wish they would have given repacks BAW parts that weren't exclusive to their repacked release, as I have no desire to buy extra figures.

I feel the same about the Armor Up line - they're mostly useless (and too expensive) and likely not something from the movie. The only armor piece I like is from Chewie, but I have enough figures of him.

Reaction score
Yes, the repacks having a Piece that goes with 2 new figures seems like a bad idea. I understand that if there are 4 new figures and 2 repacks, it would be difficult to make that work, but they could have planned it a bit better with the 2 series of the 5 poa line, so the repacks could have fit together.

In the end, maybe this concept is better because I can only imagine People having to rebuy Rebels figures to get the final droid parts for a cool new TFA droid.
However, since None of These BAWs will end up in the film, it almost seems like a worthless gesture. I mean, if you could build an FO cannon or a Resistance Computer or some other nice set Piece, it would have been more interesting, but a space lawn mower seems like a waste of R&D, tooling Money, plastic, and time.

Reaction score
It seems once These are built, many are stand alone pieces, but others seem to make some Kind of elaborate backpack/Gadget Thing. I don't have any of These, but are all of These make with some Kind of "peg" that allows the single Piece to be used as a backpack, then?

Reaction score
I find it irritating that general hux has a hole in his back for this nonsense.
This makes me madder than it should. I don't have plans to open them any time soon, so I'll probably not see his back for a long time.

But just the fact that they did it. Means they care more about BAW than we do. :weeabooface:

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is bad form, but I see that many of you are not fans of the build-a-weapons.

My daughter really likes them, and I would be happy to pay shipping if anyone is interested in getting rid of extras.

She has a few of the figures (Rey, Kylo (1st Wave), & Phasma). If anyone has any of the pieces for others, PM me!

Thanks all, and again sorry if this is something that is bad etiquette.

Reaction score
You could say that I'n rather jaded with them. When the Force Friday catalog leaked, I was ready to line up, money in fist, to buy every lightsaber I could get my hands on. I got into the store, and every lightsaber had holes in the pommels. Every. Single. One. There was not a single lightsaber in that store that was NOT part of the ridiculous Build-A-Saber line. Idunno is it was just me, but as a kid, I enjoyed the realism in the lightsaber toys. How they were "just like the ones in the movie!" (as I remember them being advertised). Now they all have holes. WTF! Lightsabers don't have holes in them. I'm just so done with Hasbro, and I don't care if I bought another item from them again.

GNT

Reaction score
It's just added play value for the kids, it's a very smart idea actually. Obviously they aren't for you, maybe try the Hasbro fx line instead?