Build-a-Weapon Parts

GNT

Reaction score
So what's everyone's thoughts on these pack in parts? Great? Fun? Waste of plastic? Should've been a droid part? or no parts at all and make the basic figures cheaper? What's everyone going to do with them?

Reaction score
Definitely a waste of plastic to me. It could have been fun would they have been parts from an actual movie weapon or gear.

Reaction score
They could've packed extra blasters, lightsabers, droid parts, figure stands, or even nothing at all with a $1 price decrease, and everyone would be happier. This is a poor decision on Hasbro's part.

Reaction score
My son is 12 and likes it. Me not so much, I prefer stand, a small weapon or if it has to be build a...make it a droid those were fun.

Reaction score
Better than nothing and with only a 3 figure commitment necessary to complete the gun station(s), scissors backpack, or saw blade thingamajig, I might buy a figure that I wouldn't have, otherwise, to complete a set. This would be contingent on my kids showing interest. I won't be collecting these. I imagine this gimmick will help the weak sisters of the weapon trios move - vader, luke bespin, constable, and resistance soldier. Seems like a fairly sound strategy.

Reaction score
Besides what's already been posted about these, the armor-up figures armor isn't much larger than the build-a-weapon. So why did they double the price on the armor-up figures? Oh i forgot....they added a box three times the size needed just to waste shelf space.

Reaction score
Money could have been spent on joints!

Crap, waste of dead dinosaurs. I wouldn't have even liked them as a kid myself, assuming that they are not from the film.

Reaction score
Thinking of all the cool film accessories we have had in the past...it hurts when I think of these. Take Luke for example, we have had everything at some point. Floppy hat, poncho, moisture vaporator. You name it. This should have been something different. Build a moisture evaporator! We would have purchased all the figures required. There's no incentive as things currently stand.

Reaction score
Great for kids!

Not so much for collectors. I refuse to complain, however. These toys are, after all, for said kids. :p

Reaction score
It's a silly way to get you to purchase all of them, which most probably do, so seems unnecessary. Might have a different opinion after putting it together.

Reaction score
It's a silly way to get you to purchase all of them, which most probably do, so seems unnecessary. Might have a different opinion after putting it together.
Only needing three figures to complete a little build-a-thing is better than needing six @$20 each. It's like a gateway pack-in for when the kids age into Legends/Black Series 6".

Reaction score
I am still on the fence about even buying any of the figures, let alone three figure sets to build some stupid pack in. I would have rather had the money go into articulation, or nothing at all and drop the price back to 5.99

Reaction score
Such a missed opportunity -- droids parts would have been much more fun.

Ty

Reaction score
If they actually resembled something from the SW universe, they'd be great. Instead they look like something from some instant - gratification OCD inducing 21st century cartoon. So, no not into them.

Just imagine the board room meeting. "We've got this amazing 'build a droid' thing that everyone absolutely loves! They're relatively inexpensive since we're able to use a lot of the same parts with different paint schemes and funny enough, it actually makes collectors buy figures they otherwise wouldn't because they need the Droid part! It's a fantastic way to get Droids out there that we otherwise can't really justify releasing on their own, who doesn't love Droids? !"

"No.. no.. skip that. Let's make neon gear weapons that aren't in the movie and have nothing to do with SW at all. We have them left over from the happy-meal factory" "good idea!" "Great idea" "excellent!" "Yes" "Yes" "Yes" "Brilliant"

Reaction score
Would have prefered an extra 5POA and better paint apps.

Ty

Reaction score
Or a build an alien.

That is one scary looking Bubo. I hope to see a lot of "familiar" looking aliens. It's a giant universe yes, but it needs Ithorians (Hammerhead), Rodians (Greedo), Ishi Tibs, Quarren (Squid Head) etc etc etc as well. I love me some aliens!

Reaction score
This is my favorite picture from The Force Awakens which has been revealed to date. The "Bubo" looking creature reminds me of the neks from Dark Empire. The little alien (bottom left) reminds me of an Utai.

Reaction score
Not that there's isn't enough appealingly weird in that picture as is, but I wish this ridiculous dude had made it in:

Reaction score
Not that there's isn't enough appealingly weird in that picture as is, but I wish this ridiculous dude had made it in:

Is that a still from the movie 'Sugar Puff Monster From Outer Space'??

Reaction score

John Solo....I believe he's/it's #9 in the upcoming collectors/chrome series.

.....but I might be wrong....???

Darren

Reaction score
John Solo....I believe he's/it's #9 in the upcoming collectors/chrome series.

.....but I might be wrong....???

Darren
Doh....I mean EddieU.....I'm only awake......

Darren....(who clearly hasn't had his morning coffee,yet)

Reaction score

Looks like Daggit/Moffit has been working out a little....

Reaction score
I'm kinda torn. Would love to see the return of the Build-a-droid pack in. But don't think I'd buy even if they did cuz 5 POA gives me a rash and makes me irritable. I am curious to get the build a weapons parts but again, no 5 POS, I mean POA figures wanted...

Reaction score

I am assuming that is the costume that Willow was/is supposed to be wearing, just judging by the "you gotta be s**tting me" look he has on his face. It really wouldn't look that bad if it wasn't for that stupid puff ball head. Willow needs to put that outfit on and wear General Kael's helmet with it, instant win!

Reaction score
I have to say, I really like the Vader weapon part. Don't need yet another Vader though.

Reaction score
I have extras from Ren, Astly and Planko if anyone wants