Buffalo, NY - Chapter 19

Reaction score
MrJoshua327 said:
elkkthunder said:
MrJoshua327 said:
Does anyone know a place around here that carries a good stock of DC Direct figures? I'm looking for the Damian as Robin figure from the Batman Inc wave but Queen City, Haley's Comics and even Chautauqua Comics and no one has one. Are there any "little known" places around here that carry DC Direct?
try Dons Atomic Comics- transit in lancaster or
the comic store, union near genesee
Thanks for the info. I don't think Don's carries them without the person having to order an entire case first. What's the comic store? I'll have to check that out *brings up google*...
Ah, I just looked it up on a map, it's the little place not far from the Galleria Mall right? I forgot all about that place, I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the reminder!

Reaction score
elkkthunder said:
MrJoshua327 said:
Does anyone know a place around here that carries a good stock of DC Direct figures? I'm looking for the Damian as Robin figure from the Batman Inc wave but Queen City, Haley's Comics and even Chautauqua Comics and no one has one. Are there any "little known" places around here that carry DC Direct?
I went to the card store on Union and they had the figure. The owner seems like a really nice guy, we exchanged a few stories and I looked at all the stuff he has in there. The only thing is I had to buy a set of the figures just to get the Damian Robin figure.

In other news, if anyone is looking for the Batman Inc figures like Knight or Man of Bats I have them and would be willing to deal on them. Let me know...

Reaction score
MrJoshua327 said:
MrJoshua327 said:
elkkthunder said:
MrJoshua327 said:
Thanks for the info. I don't think Don's carries them without the person having to order an entire case first. What's the comic store? I'll have to check that out *brings up google*...
Ah, I just looked it up on a map, it's the little place not far from the Galleria Mall right? I forgot all about that place, I'll have to give them a call. Thanks for the reminder!
You should have gone to Don's so he could have made fun of you for buying a "mainstream / popular" toy and not some indie crap figure or something, lol.

Reaction score
Stormtrooper3133 said:
MrJoshua327 said:
MrJoshua327 said:
elkkthunder said:
MrJoshua327 said:
You should have gone to Don's so he could have made fun of you for buying a "mainstream / popular" toy and not some indie crap figure or something, lol.
Haha, the owner there and I had that exact conversation about Don. When I left I said "well...thanks for stocking these and, you know, not making fun of me for buying them." and he laughed. He seems like a really good guy over at the Card Shop.

Reaction score
I went out this weekend and bought a Blu-ray player in preparation for the 16th. I was NOT planning on it before last week, when I started reading about the attention they were giving the restoration of the saga and a desire to see the tweaks I expect (like the new TPM Jabba). Yeah, I realized I couldn't possibly actually pass on this release of these 6 movies I love. So now I'm one of THOSE fanboys.

Reaction score
MrJoshua327 said:
Stormtrooper3133 said:
MrJoshua327 said:
MrJoshua327 said:
elkkthunder said:
MrJoshua327 said:
Haha, the owner there and I had that exact conversation about Don. When I left I said "well...thanks for stocking these and, you know, not making fun of me for buying them." and he laughed. He seems like a really good guy over at the Card Shop.
Yeah Jon is a great guy, always gives the best discounts between all the local comic/card stores and will order anything for you.

Reaction score
I picked up the Thundercats Tower of Omens this AM @ Walmart, I still am looking for a Classics Tygra as mine is banged up

Reaction score
IF anyone in their travels can keep an eye on those arcade claw games for these GB plushes let me know

Reaction score
The Blvd Walmart has the Batman Legacy figures such as Batgirl and Catman if anyone was looking for them. They had 1 Batgirl and 2 Catmen when I was there yesterday. They also had 2 Classics Tygra figures and 2 Lion-O figures. I know elkthunder was looking to swap out his Tygra figure.

Reaction score
anyone want passes for the screening below
Contagion
September 6, 2011 - 7:00 PM
Regal Elmwood Center 16
2001 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14207

I am working and cant go- you need to go early and I will just email you them

Reaction score
if anyone has extra POP for the mail away fett I will pay you
What does that involve? Is it a barcode from any star wars figure? I have an unopened clone wars figure and an unopened Vintage figure that I could cut the barcode off if you need one. Let me know if that helps.

Reaction score
I have an odd request...

Is anyone close to Niagara Falls?
I am looking for the variant X-Men set, which I'm told is available at the Lake Street TRU in Ontario, outside of Niagara Falls.

Probably won't be able to make it out that way any time soon, but I don't think they've ever shown up here in Rochester. :(

Reaction score
I have an odd request...

Is anyone close to Niagara Falls?
I am looking for the variant X-Men set, which I'm told is available at the Lake Street TRU in Ontario, outside of Niagara Falls.

Probably won't be able to make it out that way any time soon, but I don't think they've ever shown up here in Rochester. :(
I was there on Thursday and grabbed spiderman shocker that I never saw here yet. Can you post a pic- will see what I can do

Reaction score
Here is a photo of the variant set:

I'll take a Shocker if you find it as well! :)

Reaction score
Who else wants a shocker?
also anyone need a kup from transformers generations?

Reaction score
TRU was stocked today
Wave 2 young justice
new Marvel Universe wave with steve rogers
new GB minimates
new Mcfarlane NHL-

Reaction score
Did you happen to notice if they had the Crosby variant (white jersey)?
only a regular version, If you need it lmk
The Mcfarlance guy was there before me and he grabbed something, but I assume a variant- it did not appear to be crosby

Reaction score
Anyone find a Shocker? I'll be in Buffalo on Saturday...can possibly meet up.

Reaction score
Anyone find a Shocker? I'll be in Buffalo on Saturday...can possibly meet up.
still have not had the chance to go to Canada for the Xmen set or shockers, If you have the time it may be worth the trip. If not I will keep a look out still

Reaction score
siege13 was able to score me the X-Men variant set, thanks....just need Shocker now.

Reaction score
still adjusting to the new look - cleared out my PMs - never realized all my sent messages were saved.

Also - before I return them - anyone need the new Thor figures or Hydra soldiers (movie series)?

Reaction score
anybody have the widescreen 2006 Star Wars Trilogy dvds that were the unaltered versions like pictured here

Reaction score
Didn't have a chance to post sooner but I was able to pick up 3 of the 4 new figs from wave 9 yesterday at the Falls Target at lunchtime - Bastila was already gone.

Reaction score
Hit Target Blvd looking for new wave VTC, they only have a few clones on the shelf and nothing in the back. Hopefully soon

Reaction score
was able to pick up the Magneto wave from the MU line this morning at the blvd Target

Reaction score
Came across a Scorpion from the 3 3/4 spiderman line - anyone needs it let me know.