Buffalo Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
did you get the enhanced driver's license for easy border crossing or the standard version?

Reaction score
Ran into Dreadnaught this evening... good chatting with you as always.

Is anyone up for a meeting? I could go for some Duffs.

Reaction score
Yeah good seeing you too Steve, i feel so distant lately with all the chaos of our closing and moving.

Reaction score
brewser said:
Is anyone up for a meeting? I could go for some Duffs.
I'm definitely in for Duff's. Is Saturday, the 25th a day that works for everybody?

Speaking of Duff's, I'm curious to know what you guys think of Duff's wings vs. Anchor Bar wings. I went to Anchor Bar a couple times last month, first time I'd been there since college. I was very impressed with the wings, but I personally think Duff's has the edge. "Hot" at Anchor Bar doesn't quite cut it, but the suicides do the trick. They seem on par with Duff's medium or medium-hot. In the end I think I just like Duff's sauce better. Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this matter.

Reaction score
Doubtful that i can make the 25th, i should be closing on my house this week and will need to do some serious packing and moving to get done by the 30th (when i'm due out of the townhouse we are in now)

But i will let you know as the week plays out

Reaction score
Well guys the inevitable has happened. I got my closing date for thursday and will be working around the clock from then till monday to move everything to the new house.

Which unfortunately means that i will not be able to meet up at Duffs on Sat. sorry ...

Reaction score
Congrats on the new house Dread.
If anyone collects the DC Classices line, I stashed an "Artemis" Wonder Woman variant today, if anyone needs it pm me, or I will just reshelf it.

Reaction score
Dreadnaught said:
Thanks Mike maybe now i'll finally get to show off some of my collection
Congrats again on becoming a homeowner, dread.

All of us look very forward to some pics of your awesome collection in the near future!

Reaction score
Congrats on the house Jon! If you need help moving anything give me a holler.

We might as well reschedule the meeting to a later date that's more convenient for everyone.

-Matt

Reaction score
Dreadnaught said:
Well guys the inevitable has happened. I got my closing date for thursday and will be working around the clock from then till monday to move everything to the new house.
Congrats on the new digs!

Reaction score
Thanks guys, hey Matt, get in touch with Dave about the move. He's helping out friday and some of sat i believe. maybe you could meet at his place and car pool to mine ?

Reaction score
4K had at least one Ashoka as well as several Codys and Oddballs this afternoon.

Dreadnaught said:
Thanks guys, hey Matt, get in touch with Dave about the move. He's helping out friday and some of sat i believe. maybe you could meet at his place and car pool to mine ?
Will do, Jon. I'm free all day Friday and until about 2 pm on Saturday.

-Matt

Reaction score
got my HTS Galactic Hero Jabba Skiff Today!! Nice piece- as displayed in the box with the sarlac

also is duffs on or off??

Reaction score
Picked up a shield generator battlepack at 4K this morning. Nothing new at 8S.

Reaction score
elkkthunder said:
also is duffs on or off??
I was assuming it's off since not many people expressed interest and others aren't available.

Reaction score
Have you ever had a day when you wanted to force choke everyone in sight?

Well for me that day is today.
we get to the closing sign all the papers thinking all is set then we find out the bank f'dup some of the papers and wont send the money over to make the sale final. Then after arguing back and forth for 3 hours we still cant move anything in, pack any more items cause we just dont have anymore room in the boxes, cancel the moving truck and sit back and wait to see if they can make it happen some time friday !!!!!

I've never wanted to have force abilities more in my life than today !

Oh and on top of all that...hahaha...my truck breaks down on the way back from the signing !

Can you say blaster to the brain core !

Reaction score
made some stops saw the following

GI Joe Combat Heroes
GI Joe Firefly vs Joes
Guitar Hero figures
Batman Movie Masterpeice Jokers and 2 packs with batman
Indy Jones Target Figure Packs

Reaction score
I picked up a TLC wave 4 Grievous today at 6T. No sign of any other figures from the new wave.

Reaction score
Force lightning is probably very tempting right about now, right Dread?

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score
Plenty of Gunships and Awings available this morning at the Lockport Walmart.

Ran into Clonetrooper1139 at the Transit Walmart - good seeing you.

Transit TRU has a few of their exclusive ARCs available. I also finally was able to pick up a Rebel Transport titanium.

Blvd TRU has a bunch of the new Joe 3packs.

Reaction score
Holy S... !
Well i guess since its like the only vehicle i will be getting this year, its not terrible, just bad timing...

The house Saga continues: Some J/A at the bank inverted #'s when the checks were being wired and so the lawyers never got the right amount and basically we still havent moved anything in even though we signed the contracts !

I hate banks !!!!!

Reaction score
Oh also i finished TFU for the Wii sat morning...call it a release of frustration on the bank !
I was a little disappointed with the ending, the last boss was pretty easy to beat compared to some of the other levels...

But i still think it was great and hope for more SW games like TFU.

Reaction score
Ok guys finally i can say we got the house. We were able to start moving in last night and though we took 2 14 foot trailer loads and my dads astro van full of stuff. It still looks like we did nothing at the aapartment ! argh, i'm tired already !lol

Reaction score
4K had GH Dagobah X-Wing and Skiff sets. Steve I'm not sure if you're still looking for that X-Wing but they had two of them as of 4:30 or so.

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping me in mind Matt but I am all set with those. Awhile back Jeremy posted that they were up on HTS so I ordered them using the code for 20% off and free shipping. They arrived last week.

Now I am on the lookout for the new 2 packs: Anakin/STAP, Asajj/Dooku,Rex/Ashoka....

Reaction score
Target on Walden had them Tuesday morning, I grabbed one each, I don't think there were any more Asall/Dooku sets though, but they are at least hitting this area.
brewser said:
Now I am on the lookout for the new 2 packs: Anakin/STAP, Asajj/Dooku,Rex/Ashoka....

Reaction score
I picked up the new 2 packs today. They rang up at $14.99 so I spent the next 15 minutes explaining the price was wrong.
The cashier calls back to toys to check 5 minutes later they call back saying the price is correct at $14.99. I said no that is a mistake - so, the front end manager comes over. I invite her to walk back to toys so she can see the price tag on the pegs. She says she can't leave the front of the store. I said you can't be the only manager on duty. She replies no and calls someone. They are on their break so no help there
. I thought about leaving at this point but I decided to stay since I've already spent the time so far. So, in view of the manager without saying anything else, I grabbed a comment card that they have at the checkouts - not even 30 seconds later I am back at the toy aisle with a very helpful employee to confirm the price. What bothered me the most is the initial treatment and perception that I was trying to "steal" from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.