Buffalo Chapter 15 Begun the Clone Wars have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Buffalo Chpater 15 Begun the Clone Wars have

does everyone plan to go to the TRU in Hamburg for midnight madness??

If so what time do people want to be in-line at??

Reaction score

I thought we were looking more at one of the Transit stores for the craziness?

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
I thought we were looking more at one of the Transit stores for the craziness?
here is the problem-

The only other store that will be open at midnight is the super-walmart on transit

I thought the one plan would be to go to midnight madness at TRU to ensure the exclusives- then people may hit walmart for 7am, target for 8AM and the regular TRU later if needed.

I would be concerned that unless we know for sure what walmart will have out at midnight people may be disappointed- plus I believe the super walmart has already leaked some product out so there may be less to go around

Anyone else have any thoughts??

Reaction score

P9- had 2 cases of DC Figures wave 2- if anyone looking for this HTF wave

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:

I won't be able to able make Midnight Madness this weekend. However I'm still up for doing one for the movie if anyone's interested.

Reaction score

Boulevard Target had three endcaps cleared and ready for the July 26th madness. Stickers were designated for the Falcon ($149.99), Clone Commander Fox figure ($12.99), basic figures ($7.99), and lots of other goodies. Should be an interesting Saturday morning for those wanting the Clone Commander Fox figure.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

I was thinking of checking out Walmart while on my way home form TRU.

Reaction score

brewser said:
I was thinking of checking out Walmart while on my way home form TRU.
I was thinking something similar

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:

I'll be there, that's a definite now.

Reaction score

Thanks to Elkkthunder I was able to pick up DC Classics Series 2 Aquaman and Black Manta today. I have been looking for these two for months to complete my Gorilla Grodd figure.

Also I have a huge favor to ask. I have to work on Saturday morning starting at 8am. I was wondering if anybody could pick me up a Commander Fox figure from Target. Help Me Buffalo Forum, Your My Only Hope.

Reaction score

CloneTrooper1139 said:
Thanks to Elkkthunder I was able to pick up DC Classics Series 2 Aquaman and Black Manta today. I have been looking for these two for months to complete my Gorilla Grodd figure.

Also I have a huge favor to ask. I have to work on Saturday morning starting at 8am. I was wondering if anybody could pick me up a Commander Fox figure from Target. Help Me Buffalo Forum, Your My Only Hope.
glad you were able to find them- it is a nice series-
was that store undergoing serious reset- they were starting yesterday morning

Reaction score

okay, guys, I might need help getting scuba clone troopers.

I want about 5 of them and I have no idea how many I'll be able to get at MM friday night or in the days after. I'll be happy if I wind up with 2 of them when that craziness is over with.

if you guys who don't go to Hamburg TRU for MM find any extras of them elsewhere, can ya grab some for me? I'll of course report when I get home what I got, maybe I'll end up with all 5 but I have doubts, so this is a preemptive request.

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
okay, guys, I might need help getting scuba clone troopers.
can you provide a pic or link-

also it seems that people cleaned out the black manta and aquamans yesterday- I am working near there this week

Reaction score

Been poking around some of the stores, kind of cool seeing things getting geared up for Saturday and seeing the different levels of readiness each store has and what some have put out. Saw the clone voice changer helmet at a Target yesterday, along with new titaniums and galactic heroes.
A couple of Walmarts had the new Marvel legends 2-packs out, I picked up the ultimate Captain America & Nick Fury set. Saw a couple of the GI Joe sets with the build a "mass device" pieces at 2 Targets today as well.

Reaction score

so there might be some back to back postings as new pics come in-

As a Boba Fett fan and ROTJ fan this sarlac playset is great- I dont own a skiff but likely will when this comes out
[image]http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/SDCC08-Sarlaac-01.jpg[/image]

check out hisstank.com for joe pics
[image]http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=1666[/image]

Reaction score

If I do go, it'll be the Hamburg TRU just to see what's there. There was a guy dressed as Boba Fett the past few times.

Reaction score

Does anyone want to take a guess as to what time people will generally start lining up tomorrow night? I don't believe I have read anything yet regarding allocation numbers for the Holographic Grievous.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

I picked up 3 of the 4 new galactic heroes sets at 3K this evening. No sign of the slave leia/R2 set.
I also picked up the cloud car titanium.

Reaction score

Jedi_Jeter said:
Does anyone want to take a guess as to what time people will generally start lining up tomorrow night? I don't believe I have read anything yet regarding allocation numbers for the Holographic Grievous.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter
good point - maybe worth posting in the clone wars thread to see what time people are going- I thought possibly if I was out in the hamburg area one could drive by early and gauge the demand

Reaction score

Hey guys can anyone help me out and poick up a Target Commander Fox for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Steve and Jon can vouch for me.

Reaction score

I'll grab one for you Bob.

In other news, made a quick run to 0H,8T and 9H during lunch. Nothing new at 0H or 8T. 9H has the gree/bly/baccara wave of galactic heroes. They also have a couple legacy figs on the pegs.

Reaction score

Have a great time for anyone lucky enough to go tonight.

Can you believe not a single TRU in Canada will be involved?!?

Reaction score

there is a duffs in hamburg or the duffs owned warehouse resturant by the TRU in Hamburg- I wont go for dinner, but would meet up before TRU
what time are people going to TRU

Reaction score

seeing no action or posts- I plan on heading from home around 9pm I think- That would put me at TRU around 9:30- if it is dead there I plan on going to Target to check it out down the road- then returning to TRU

The 501st is supposed to be there so there may be plenty of people

Hope to see some out-

Reaction score

i went at midnight and there was a line out the parking lot. I waited and went in last. insane. seeing it made me embarrassed and disapointed in collectors. there was a woman with a shoping cart full of figures. stuff being thrown to the floor. little kids squashed in the middle while I watched on the outskirts. I walked out with nothing as the few things I wanted were gone. this happened in about 10 min. so yeah. it was lame. not doing that again. anyone with a whole cart of figs is scalping. she basically took entire pegs and dumped them in the cart. maybe i'll find what i'm looking for during the week. My searching has diminished lately anyway but I think it will even more so now. I should just start buying online and avoid the whole mess and waste of time and gas.

Reaction score

I'm just curious...could some please detail the 501st presence at this Midnight Madness event?

Reaction score

There was a Rebel Pilot, Vader, JarJar, Royal Guard and Shadow Guard there from 501st

JD- I stashed a Bwing at TRU Blvd if interested

TRU Blvd this AM- the manager is a retard- they did not have grievous out then were not sure if they should be selling it

Reaction score

It really was a debacle and a half. There were no fights in the aisle but I'm really surprised at it. That was completely insane.

Wingnut said:
I'm just curious...could some please detail the 501st presence at this Midnight Madness event?
ridiculous

Reaction score

Here is my assessment of the entire situation:

MM at Hamburg TRU: A 15 minute late start time coupled with lots of chao...well, you know the routine...but Jeremy was in a prime spot with those long Grievous-like arms of his to keep shuffling stuff back to people what they wanted. For myself, I picked up several FDOI figures, the Padme Evolutions Set (somewhat of a rarity it appeared), the GH Slave Leia/R2 set, plus the Holo Grievous.

This morning at Boulevard Target: Commander Foxes were plenty; Bob, I was set to snag one for you but I guess you and Steve arranged for him to pick it up for you. So instead I got one for Uncle Karl. Bottom line: Everyone that sent out a request to get one, got one. The Commander Foxes were gone in about 2 minutes; one shopper got maybe six of them? Just a rough estmate.

This morning at Boulevard TRU: Bought some more FDOI figures in an attempt to get the whole set and also another Holo Grievous for Uncle Karl. To reiterate what Jeremy said, they were completely unprepeared for this "promotion." The one worker said something about thinking it was strictly for the MM location. Of course, there is no mention of that on the circular. Several minutes later, another worker comes flying out of the back room with two boxes of Holo Grievouses. Even then, the cashier could not enter it properly into the computer to give me the $10 off. Oh, and no apologies from the staff for making me wait 10 minutes to get their act together.

A fun experience...especially seeing some of the same people from the "night" before....

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

I didn't make it last night. But I expected to hear the reports that were given. I remember the last time I went, they were bringing full cases of figures and not even opening them because the pegs were cleared. I bought a case for the hell of it. The poor cashier had to be in her 60's and almost charged me the price for one figure before I reminded her it was a case. I didn't feel right letting that happen.

By the way, I know I don't actively collect anymore. But I was always interested in the VOTC/VTSC line. Is that still not happening? I can understand because they often end up as peg warmers. Plus, the articulation on some of the new figures are just as good. Like everyone else, I was just buying those for the packaging.

My oldest is getting interested in Star Wars so I'll be buying a few here and there.

Reaction score

I had fun on the hunt last night and this morning. Last night was pretty badly managed. They didn't open till almost 12:15
. The pegs were pretty wiped out too. Hopefully, they retained some to have something out this morning.

Many thanks to Jeremy for the Slave Leia GH set and the first day Gree and to JD for the holo grievous

I made a few additional stops and was able to pick up the other two pilot evolutions sets I was looking for.

8S - as mentioned I was able to pick up the clone pilot evolution set and the Rebel Pilot II set. (sorry Gil, they only had one on the shelf otherwise I would have picked one up for you as well) Also plenty of potato skins were on the menu. All you can eat
For the Joe fans, they had the new vehicles as well as the DVD sets.

7O - had the usual stuff and also had plenty of H3s.

Reaction score

brewser said:
I had fun on the hunt last night and this morning. Last night was pretty badly managed. They didn't open till almost 12:15
. The pegs were pretty wiped out too. Hopefully, they retained some to have something out this morning.

Many thanks to Jeremy for the Slave Leia GH set and the first day Gree and to JD for the holo grievous

I made a few additional stops and was able to pick up the other two pilot evolutions sets I was looking for.

8S - as mentioned I was able to pick up the clone pilot evolution set and the Rebel Pilot II set. (sorry Gil, they only had one on the shelf otherwise I would have picked one up for you as well) Also plenty of potato skins were on the menu. All you can eat
For the Joe fans, they had the new vehicles as well as the DVD sets.

7O - had the usual stuff and also had plenty of H3s.
ah crap- I grabbed the rebel and imperial sets for you steve
I can take them back- or if JediXXL wants the one

Reaction score

Just a heads up the SWShop Senate Security fig is available
here

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
ah crap- I grabbed the rebel and imperial sets for you steve
I can take them back- or if JediXXL wants the one
That figures - thanks for keeping an eye out for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.