Buffalo Chapter 15 Begun the Clone Wars have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Buffalo Chpater 15 Begun the Clone Wars have

is the Cody bust there better articulated than Hasbro's 2006 figure was?

Reaction score

I passed on the TFU Rancor. However, I am looking forward to adding this one to the collection

Reaction score

Regarding the Exclusive Stormtrooper Commander figure, I called 2 Gamestops in Rochester and found out that the only stores getting the figure would be the ones opening at midnight on Monday, they informed me that the only store in the area that would be opening at 12 am is one in Buffalo.

So, I called the Buffalo store this morning and found out that they only got a case of 12 in and they had 4 or 5 left. They said they would hold one, I asked if she would hold them all and she said she would hold one more, but I could get as many figures as games I pre-ordered when I got there.

So, I made the trip and when I got there, she would only give me the 2 figures (of which the 2nd is already spoken for). I'm not obligated to buy the game and I can bring my receipt back to get my $5 back if I don't get the game.

So, to sum it up, only one Gamestop in the Rochester/Buffalo area received 12 Stormtrooper Commanders! Pretty crazy.

Reaction score

Holiday Cody is spoken for

Reaction score

Thats intresting anout the Gamestop. I was told no matter what if you preordered you would geta a figure. But they were not handing them out unless you actually purchsed the game monday night. No one said anything about giving the figure out before the game release !

Reaction score

I just spoke to a manager at Gamestop and he says they're giving out the figure the day of release. That's also what the guy told me last week when I pre-ordered the game. Not really sure what's up with these guys.

Reaction score

which store will have the figure- I did not preorder will it be sold out??

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
Jeremy, it's the store on the Blvd. in that plaza with Cheeburger Cheeburger. According to them they are the only Gamestop in the area doing it. As I understand it the figure is only available with pre-orders of the game.

Reaction score

Mattdude said:
elkkthunder said:
Jeremy, it's the store on the Blvd. in that plaza with Cheeburger Cheeburger. According to them they are the only Gamestop in the area doing it. As I understand it the figure is only available with pre-orders of the game.
just curious how long ago did you preorder??

what system are you getting it for??

Is it 2 player

Reaction score

Blockbuster offers a cool art print with pre-orders, and it's a nice print.

A friend scored me an Asoka from the NFT Target this morning. He said there were a few Commander Cody's still there,
and Oddball. I wanted both of them,so I took a run.

When I got there all of the new figures were gone and some jerk had decided to crush and destroy all of the harder to find carded figures.

That's just plain wrong, and uncalled for.

PS< I thought someone was going to PM the store codes...

Reaction score

JediXXL said:
Blockbuster offers a cool art print with pre-orders, and it's a nice print.

A friend scored me an Asoka from the NFT Target this morning. He said there were a few Commander Cody's still there,
and Oddball. I wanted both of them,so I took a run.

When I got there all of the new figures were gone and some jerk had decided to crush and destroy all of the harder to find carded figures.

That's just plain wrong, and uncalled for.

PS< I thought someone was going to PM the store codes...
I saw the Blockbuster print and it does look cool! Too bad TRU isn't extending their promotion to Wii customers. Seems like they should get SOMETHING!!

Regarding crushed harder-to-find figures, the only time I ever saw an ROTS Red Guard on the pegs it looked like a dog chewed it up.

Ahsoka isn't an exclusive, is she?

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

elkkthunder said:
just curious how long ago did you preorder??

what system are you getting it for??

Is it 2 player
I put in a preorder for the Wii version last Wednesday. It has both a 1-player mode and a 2-player "duel mode". I don't believe it has a cooperative 2-player mode. I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out.

Reaction score

Oh I forgot to mention, I read the TFU graphic novel and found it to be pretty weak (as expected), but it does at least introduce major characters and provide some context for the game. To my surprise, it introduces a pretty major plot point to the entire saga.

Reaction score

I'm on the lookout for most of wave 2 of the CW figures.

Reaction score

Nothing new at 6W, 3Y, 2E, or 6Z this morning. Stopped at three Gamestops along the way. One was sold out of the exclusive figure, and the others said they're giving it out with the game when it's released.

Reaction score

JediXXL said:
Jedi_Jeter said:
Ahsoka isn't an exclusive, is she?
Nope, just starting to drop right now en masse... Are you sending me the codes?
Don't you know our ritual for getting the codes?! You basically have to take all of us out to Duff's and pay the tab.

Just kidding...one set of codes comin' right up! Check your PM Inbox.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

It was a pleasure as always to dine with Jedi Jeter and Dreadnaught this evening. Picked up TFU and the Stormtrooper Commander at Gamestop's midnight launch. Looked like there were about 30 people there. All in all a pretty sane and calm event.

Reaction score

Did you go to the Thruway Plaza Gamestop?

If so, they must have gotten more figures in or lied about the amount that they had when I was there.

Congrats on scoring the figures!

Reaction score

Oh sure just hand codes out to anyone !
Well i just finished TFU, i played all night after the "Midnight Madness", please 30 people thats it ?

Let me just say, it want worth standing in line listening to all these dorks carrying on about it. I'm taking it back as soon as the store open and demanding my money back !! what a piece of crap !

I did see 3 guys standing right near the front with chairs they stole from the resturant down the plaza. I bet one was that schmuck Dreadnaught. He and his little band of Duff-ites were blocking the entrance.

Speaking of which to all you goons who were crying about wanting one so bad, i got 3 of the stormies and have them all on ebay for $60 each. (may as well make something off this game)

I'll be waiting for all the berating comments you clowns have so get ready...im back in the area again !

Reaction score

Oh look, your resident cry baby pansy has returned. I bet you're all thrilled.

Reaction score

Oh great look what the Bantha dragged in !
Man, i thought you were actually gone for good this time.

Actually i was in line and near the front minus a few others and i did get the figure. I havnet had a chnace to play the game yet because unlke Rogue. I have a career and a family that takes presidence over mindless all-night game play. Not to mention a daddy paying for every little thing i want to keep his little army brat quiet and out of trouble.

Well guys it looks like we will have to deal with this Bantha Fodder a little more.....

Reaction score

jediblood said:
Did you go to the Thruway Plaza Gamestop?

If so, they must have gotten more figures in or lied about the amount that they had when I was there.

Congrats on scoring the figures!
Thanks Rick! It was the store on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst. I actually had checked that one on Walden earlier in the day and they did indeed inform me the figure was sold out.

I get the impression that most Gamestops handled the promotion properly, giving out the figure the day of the release, but clearly a few stores gave it out early. If not for reading all the stories on RS I wouldn't have guessed it was such a fiasco.

Reaction score

Well i guess we should just let him vent, at least it bands the rest of us together againt him lol!

As far as Gamestop:
I agree, we even witnessed someone who didnt preorder the game and was not allowed a figure, which i thought was very clasy and respectful of the managers.

But how Rogue got 3 i dont presume to know what he offered in return !

Reaction score

He says he got 3. He also states he is going to put them on Ebay. As of 2 minutes ago there are no listings of said exclusives 25 miles outside the center of Buffalo.

Either he hasn't put them up yet or as we like to say here in Rochester, he's full of [censored].

Let's sit back and see what happens.

Reaction score

I doubt his story as well since there were only about 10 left after Jeter, Matt and i and the line was still about 20 back !

Reaction score

I had a great time chillin' with Mattdude and Dreadnaught last night. The wings were delicious and the fries were golden as always at Duff's. The time flew by fairly quickly waiting at Gamestop and everyone in line seemed rather nice and friendly.

I still have yet to open the game but am expecting some pretty great things.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score

7O had a couple AKs as of 5:30 or so. No new figures at 4K but they may have had new Mighty Muggs. Maybe Jon can elaborate as I don't really know this line. Nice to see you, Jon!

Reaction score

Hey Matt, very curious to see your review of Force Unleasshed for the Wii, I am leaning towards that version, but the xbox calls my name as well. Decisions, decisions...

Reaction score

I am curious to hear the review on the Wii version as well.

Reaction score

Well I played for about three hours tonight and I love the game. It's awesome!

I don't think I can say that the Wii controls give you anything that a regular controller wouldn't, aside from maybe the sheer number of control options. There are a LOT of different moves, so the two-part controller and motion based controls may be worth something in that respect. I assume the other consoles just use different combinations of buttons to account for all the various moves. I'd definitely need to play on the other systems to give a fair comparison.

There is a certain intuitiveness to the Wii controls. For example, doing a force push is instinctive because you literally push with the nunchuk. However, in any game, after playing for awhile the control scheme will become innate anyway. One clear disadvantage is that a force push or sabre throw always attacks in the direction you're facing, so if you find yourself facing sideways, it's a little discombobulating to push forward to do those moves.

I have to say, if I had an Xbox I probably would have gotten that version, as it surely has better graphics, and personally I'd just as soon push a button than "waggle" a controller.

These are just my initial impressions and I'm sure I'll have more to say after I've played it some more. As I said, the game is great and I'm really enjoying it so far, but I can't in good conscience recommend the Wii version over the other consoles. I'm eager to hear what Jon and Dave think of the game.

-Matt

Reaction score

Adding to that, i have the copy of the May "Game Pro magazine" with about 15 advanced moves (for the Wii) that i can email to anyone...Jut PM me your email and i will send it on in pdf format ! I was only able to play for about 20 mins by the time i got home from class last night.

As for the Mighty Muggs...It was Rex, Ventress, Yoda & Dooku..i grabbed a Rex. Still not sure about Ventress.

Kinda quiet from our local "brat" did he take to much of a slamming already ?

Reaction score

3K had Talon/Skywalker and Draco/Krieg comic packs as of 4:30.

Reaction score

Picked up force unleashed for the 360 today, after reading a ton of reviews, decided the graphics sounded like they were not great on the wii and while I was interested in the dualing mode, I'm sure the clone wars game for wii that is coming soon will satisfy that.
Also grabbed Order 66 HC book the other day as well.

Reaction score

Mike i believe the Colne Wars game for the Wii is due out in November.

Reaction score

For those that have Forces unleashed, when you get to the trophy room look around and see if you can spot the most unique trophy in the room. They put some thought into some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.