Bryan Ono (EFX CEO and former Master Replicas employee) passes away

Reaction score
Sad to hear. I always visit the booth at conventions and recently SDCC. The team knew my wife and I since we were dating and saw our family grow with 3 young kids now. Terrible news and I wish the team and moreso the Ono family all the best!! RIP.

Reaction score
Sad news, indeed. He was an early pillar in the collecting sphere. Master Replicas was largely responsible for getting me back into modern, higher end collecting. Bryan & MR were there at the beginning over 20 years ago, alongside Gentle Giant before anyone had even heard the name Sideshow Toys. Wishing his family peace & condolences.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sad news. He used to be really active here when MR was in full flow and seemed to be quite helpful.

RIP Bryan.

Reaction score
I've said it before, I'll say it again. My first experience with Bryan was fantastic, he was very helpful and friendly, he truly did whatever he could for me to buy the EFX Stormtrooper LE helmet. And I will always be grateful for that, the helmet is indeed treasured in my Imperial collection!

But things changed in a negative way over the years, with EFX's lack of communication with the people who ordered props, delays and after delays in releasing products, and refusing to refund the money for people who pre-ordered items years ago, and even lies. So there will always be a controversy regarding Bryan.

Even so, I wish my deepest condolences to his family and dear ones.

Reaction score
Just talked to him at Celebration. Sad to hear…rest in peace Bryan.

Reaction score
I've said it before, I'll say it again. My first experience with Bryan was fantastic, he was very helpful and friendly, he truly did whatever he could for me to buy the EFX Stormtrooper LE helmet. And I will always be grateful for that, the helmet is indeed treasured in my Imperial collection!

But things changed in a negative way over the years, with EFX's lack of communication with the people who ordered props, delays and after delays in releasing products, and refusing to refund the money for people who pre-ordered items years ago, and even lies. So there will always be a controversy regarding Bryan.

Even so, I wish my deepest condolences to his family and dear ones.
I have to agree I had mixed feelings over this. I too wish my deepest condolences to his family.

Will this be the end of EFX as we know it ? I am sure any refunds are done. I hated the way EFX conducted their business however this was sad news.

Reaction score
I also have mixed feelings on this. Bryan's contribution to the prop community was remarkable but the way EFX handled things will continue to be a blemish on his legacy. He actually called me directly and refunded me on June 20th of this year. I chose not to broadcast this. Anyway, I had a pleasant conversation with him and I felt myself forgiving him at the same time. RIP Bryan!

Reaction score
Condolences to his friends and family- here’s a nice remembrance that also contains some useful contact info for any EFX customers wondering what happens next:

34A5AE37-57DA-490C-8EF0-652F5A411841.jpeg435314D3-A052-492C-ADF9-3BA734347D3F.jpeg

Reaction score
Condolences to his friends and family- here’s a nice remembrance that also contains some useful contact info for any EFX customers wondering what happens next:
Thanks very much for posting this. That efx will continue is good news for those of us who have paid for product that has yet to be delivered.

Reaction score
This sucks to hear, my condolences to his friends and family, I remember watching the RS interview during Celebration and I'd be lying if I wasn't frustrated with the layup questions they gave him.

View attachment 432238View attachment 432239

Thanks for posting this, I know they were gonna put up some stuff over the summer for pre-order..we'll see what happens.

Reaction score
As his former business partner mentioned, Bryan was the "face" of EFX, and no doubt running a business like EFX would have been very stressful. Hopefully the demand of his position didn't carry any unknown burden of ill health, as no amount of money is more important than your health.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Reaction score
Very sad news. I was just talking to Bryan at Celebration. I've know him for many years and was a very nice man. RIP Bryan you will be missed.

Reaction score
Sad news indeed.

I know others have had issues with Efx, communication, product delays, etc., but from my own personal experience, Bryan was always a friendly person when we chatted.

No doubt he left his footprint in the prop replica community in many ways.

RIP Bryan

Reaction score
RIP to Bryan Ono. He is now in a better place.

Good thing eFX is still gonna move on. Those waiting for product and/or refund, there is still hope for them to deliver.

Reaction score
Hey Shadow, is that his initials? Very cool. What's the story behind how/why that's there?
Yes, those are his initials BKO. Brian had a large role in the studio scale MR Falcon release so Disney honored him with an Easter egg on the full size Falcon they have on display in Disneyland Galaxy Edge. I've never visited Disneyworld so I don't know if their Falcon has the same tag.

Reaction score
Yes, those are his initials BKO. Brian had a large role in the studio scale MR Falcon release so Disney honored him with an Easter egg on the full size Falcon they have on display in Disneyland Galaxy Edge. I've never visited Disneyworld so I don't know if their Falcon has the same tag.
Thanks for info Shadow. Cool to know. Looks to be on the underside of the falcon, but would you mind letting me know towards what area/part of the Falcon? I'll look for it the next time I'm there.

Lam

Reaction score
Great guy. He hand delivered the eFx X-wing to my door in Torrance.

Reaction score
Bryan! gonna miss ya! you've always been great at all the cons. glad I got to see you last May at Celebration. MTFBWY!