Broken Arrow Toys / Alyosha

Reaction score
I feel that I have no choice at this time but to post a topic warning people NOT to deal with Broken Arrow Toys and/or Alyosha, or at least to do so at your own risk. It's a bit of a long story, but it's been going on for a while and I wanted to present ALL the facts. I have all the email correspondence between us saved, and have referred back to those emails to get the proper dates.

I realize that he deals with 99% GI Joe parts and casts, but I also know that plenty of customizers use Joe parts when creating Star Wars customs.

Back in December of 2008 (December 17th in fact - my birthday), I contacted Aly to ask if he would be interested in molding and casting a Courtney Krieger head that I had from the comic pack figure. It's a really nice head to use for a female, and the figure seems to sell for an insane amount of money on ebay. He told me he would make the molds and casts, and give me the first 5 casts that were pulled from the mold in exchange for supplying the original head to him.

I sent the part off to him sometime in the next week (on 12/23 to be exact), along with an additional $10 in cash, because he told me that if I wanted to purchase more heads than the 5 he would provide me with, I could purchase them for $2 each. So I figured that the 5 he was sending and the 5 I purchased should hold me over for a while.

He emailed me on 12/24 to let me know it arrived, and he would get started on it as soon as he could. I told him I wasn't in a huge rush, and it wasn't time sensitive to have them back by any specific date.

On February 4, I received a message from him (answering an email from me inquiring where the project was at, since it had been over a month and I hadn't heard anything yet) and received the following response:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Got three copies of the head (yours included) seperated from the hair, and the clean up work done. This will allow me to cast the hair in seperate colors for those who might want a blonde haired version from the 'toon, or some other color for customizing. I've also glued on sprues and am prepared to put them in mold boxes. I will be doing them shortly, and I need to cast another complete figure, and will be doing these at the same time. How's that for an update.

[/QUOTE]

So it sounded like all was going well.

On February 23rd I get the following message from Aly:

An update for you. I got all the heads molds made last night, and they are curing right now. I ran out of silicone before I could pour the hair pieces but am planning to drive to Dallas to grab some more late this week. Should have them finished and yours cast and ready to send out sometime next week.

[/QUOTE]

So again, I thought things were going well at this point. Sure, it was 2 months into the project and I hadn't received anything back, but I just thought that was normal.

On March 18th, I emailed Aly again, inquiring about the project. Received this response:

Actually, they are about done. I'm working on making the different color variations this week, and hope to have them ready to show this weekend. I should have some pics in a couple more days.

[/QUOTE]

On April 4th, I get this message:

what colors do you need your hairpieces in. I've got 'toon blonde, black, brown (upcoming), auburn (upcoming), red (upcoming), and sand (upcoming). I've already put your original back together, and set aside those two other heads you wanted. I've got 6 copies of the base CG head cast for you, and was about to write about the colors anyway.

[/QUOTE]

At that time, I responded with my color choices, as well as asking about another item that I wanted from his store. He told me that the item in question had to be remolded, but he would do it. So I paypaled him an additional $16, as he instructed, to get the other pieces from him as well.

On April 26th, I inquired yet again what the status of this project was, since it was approaching 4 months, and I kept getting these messages saying it was almost done, almost done, almost done every time I inquired. I received this response:

Sorry Dave, I didn't realize it had been that long. Kind of happens when there's always something to do, and you don't punch a clock. I'll round up and ship out everything but the last thing you ordered (I have the invoice somewhere, but IIRC it was something I needed to still make molds for).

If you would, just send me a list of everything your waiting on so I don't miss anything. I know your expecting back you original CG head, 10 head copies, 2 of each haircolor (total of 10 parts), and something else..

[/QUOTE]

So, I responded one more time, with the full list of items that I was expecting - 10 Courtney Krieger heads, 2 other heads that I inquired about during our conversations that Aly was going to include for me for free, and the last piece that needed to be remolded.

And, that was the last contact that I've had with him. I have sent 4 followup emails to him, asking when the parts will be shipped. He has yet to respond to my inquiries. Did I mention that the head that I sent in for casting and molding, that I was told I would get the first casts of sent to me, that I was told the first casts pulled were put to the side for me - was added to the store at some point (I did not make a note of the date) - and are currently sold out?

I requested a paypal refund for the $16 I sent him, and it was granted to me almost instantly. I found that a bit odd, considering that paypal tells you when you file a case against a seller that it will take 10 days to investigate... considering they sent me back my money in about 3 hours, I'm guessing that I wasn't the first person to file a claim against Aly.

Also, I had been wondering if maybe my emails were just not being received, since they had all been answered up to a certain point... so I sent Aly a personal message via his forum. I went just now to check and see if he received it, and... he must have, because I no longer have an account there. Nice way to deal with customers, Aly. Hope you make lots of money with my Krieger head you [censored].

So, if you have read all of this, I just wanted everyone to beware when dealing with Aly. May 17th marked the 5 month point, and at this time, I've pretty much given up on the cast pieces that I hoped to get from him, and chalked it up as a loss. I know that it's not an overnight process but I really think that 5+ months is just a little overboard. Considering that I was told in February that all the molds were basically done at that time, and the pieces have been added to the store - and sold out.

Reaction score
We talked about this before, but reading about it again really drives it home. This really sucks, in so many ways.

Like I told you though - these people (casters if you will) try there best to act like a legitimate store, but fall short because of demand, actual production times, greed, etc. I do think however, that their biggest problem is making too many promises to people (on the side, especially), and simply not being able to follow through. Tri-Gate is no different btw, but you're catching on to that one.

Be thankful that your own blaster designs, now in mold form, didn't get sold off to another person without your prior knowledge OR permission. Yeah, figure that one out! Never got the originals back, nor any copies of the guns for that matter. On the other hand, I guess I could contact Straxxus (that's what I was told at least) and see if he'd sell me a few of my own guns.

Shout-out to Tri-Gate Dave for that stellar move.

Reaction score
I have always warned people about Alyosha...I won some Titan A.E. fodder from him a few years back and never received it, along with a lot of people who were leaving negative feedback. The best part is, he left me a negative for daring to question why he took my money but never delivered the purchased product.

The first part could have been for any number of reasons, but the second part...that just makes him a jerk in my opinion. And the fact that to this day he's never sent the product or my money back? That makes him a thief.

-CC

Reaction score
CaptainCharisma said:
The best part is, he left me a negative for daring to question why he took my money but never delivered the purchased product.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it... it's like he got mad at me for getting mad that it's taken 5 months+ to get my stuff, so now he's going to shut me out.

Well, if I can get one person who was maybe thinking of placing an order with him to read this and change their mind, then mission accomplished.

Reaction score
@Blaserman:
Are you talking about he ones you made that were on old GTG store or other ones? (The one I got was from old GTG store.)
I did make a mold of that gun when they no longer carried it in the store. It is the extended accurate one you did of the clone blaster. That blaster was amazing work! I did prep it for a new mold but never got around to pouring it. The old mold was severely flawed. IM me your addy and I will ship a few out to you when I get a chance to remolded and cast. I will have alot of time on my hands in the next couple weeks and the least I could do is get you reset up with your own work. (though a weekly "kick in the butt" reminder IM to me is highly recommended as I get distracted...ALOT)

Reaction score
Straxus said:
@Blaserman:
Are you talking about he ones you made that were on old GTG store or other ones? (The one I got was from old GTG store.)
I did make a mold of that gun when they no longer carried it in the store. It is the extended accurate one you did of the clone blaster. That blaster was amazing work! I did prep it for a new mold but never got around to pouring it. The old mold was severely flawed. IM me your addy and I will ship a few out to you when I get a chance to remolded and cast. I will have alot of time on my hands in the next couple weeks and the least I could do is get you reset up with your own work. (though a weekly "kick in the butt" reminder IM to me is highly recommended as I get distracted...ALOT)

Nothing on you really, but Dave should have come to me if he was getting rid of my stuff/molds. So basically, I feel like I've been robbed of my property. If you'd like to run off a few things, that's your call. At this point, I've written off those guns and/or the molds.

And to think Dave wanted my latest Fett rifle to mold. Yeah, right. I'd never see the damn thing again!

Reaction score
... wow, bogus all around!

BMAN, when I figure out this casting stuff, I'll make like ten copies of each gun you gave me and send them to you! You shouldnt suffer without your own awesome work... you're too nice!

I've been lookin at this clint1130cat guys stuff on eBay... he's cool, right?

Reaction score
I'll vouch for Clint. I bought some of his lots last month for my birthday, finally. He's getting me into casting my own parts, too - we're pretty much coordinating our molds so we don't duplicate each other's efforts. Very VERY easy guy to talk to! He hangs out at imperialshipyards.net most of the time.

In fact, the Airborne Trooper helmet in my customs thread is one of his casts. I have no trouble sending him more money for stuff he's already got molds for - and that means he's beaten me to a couple of things I'd planned to make!

Reaction score
I purchased a few casts from Clint a few years back, and they were less than desirable. Filled with holes and cast lines, they were pretty much a mess and a waste of money. I contacted him and asked him to join a forum where I was a staff member at the time, where we were working on a customizing section, and told him that we could help him figure out what was wrong with his molds/casts.

He joined as a member for a while, and told me he was going to send me a bunch of new casts to replace the crap he sent the first time... but I never saw it. And then a bunch of backstabbers defected from said website and took Clint with them... so if he's made improvements on his work, that's great.

But he sold me around $50 worth of useless worthless crap.

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear you had problems with him. Based on my experience, I'm more than happy to send more $ his way.

And since you've opened up a tangent...
grin.gif
I'm definitely looking for places to learn how to improve my molding and casting skills - currently rudimentary (as opposed to "nonexistent" 6 weeks ago!). Got any suggestions?

Reaction score
learning to cast

VERY kool!! Thanks!

Now, if I could *sculpt* heads too, I'd be all set.
grin.gif

Reaction score
Re: learning to cast

Well the first 3 DVD volumes in that series are about sculpting, so check them out.

Reaction score

I'm not real sure how much they'd help *me* tho... I've seen random pebbles with more life-like features than my efforts!! But its good to know those dvd's exist. Who knows...perhaps they *can* work miracles!

Reaction score

Interesting read.

As a purchaser I have had no problems with Alyosha/ Broken Arrow - good quality and good service, especially as I live in the UK.

My last purchase was delayed by backlog but I expect it.

I don't know this guy personally but I believe these customiser stores are second jobs for some people (please correct me if I'm wrong).
I had worries with the original Good to Go store whereby I sent some Trek items to be molded. I was never contacted, there was eventual reply to my chases but over a year later and they still hadn't done anything with them. I am thankful that I got my parts back but I put it down to busy lives of these people.

I suggest you keep making contact with this guy, you don't know why there has been this delay.

regards and good luck.

Reaction score
Trigate Blah Blah Blah

Yeah... I'm dredging this one up again, you wanna fight about it?

Well it's been quite some time since this thread was started, and I have still yet to get any kind of "Oops, I screwed up" and/or "Hey man, my apologies". This from a guy who used to call me once a month to talk shop and BS.

Seriously, what's wrong with people? If you have the gumption to start a business (of sorts) and get deeply involved within various customizing communities, you should also have the [censored] to stand by your product, and more importantly - your name. Does anyone have any good ethics anymore??? You're either stealing someone else's work (slightly modding), ripping people off, or just plain being a [censored] because you can. And I'd bet good frickin' money that I'm the [censored] for writing anything in this thread. Yeah... go figure.

Ok, further ranting over.

Reaction score
Re: Trigate Blah Blah Blah

You need something molded and cast then shoot me a message.

Reaction score

I kept forgetting the name Broken Arrow when I wanted to check them out. I have ordered from GTG/Tri-Gate in the past and that worked out plain smooth, actually. But the new setup of the store at TG isn't to my liking that much.

Anyway, glad you bumped this thread Blasterman, because reading all this sh*t about BA clearly has made me rethink my intentions to check them out
grin.gif

Reaction score

Hey, no problem at all. People should be aware that these "casters" are wishy-washy at best. I've had good (or smooth) transactions with GtG/TG in the past, but for all the promises and such... not good. I haven't dealt with BA myself, and probably never will because of GtG/TG.

Reaction score

That's too bad I was really wanting some of those Yellow and Orange Lightsabers, also I'm not really liking the way Tri-gate has gone with their ordering system either. It was bad enough in the old days where I'd always miss what was available, now I still miss out on these ordering windows.
I just don't have the time or the patience for casting let alone sculpting.

Reaction score

It's weird that some of you have had great dealings with this person, while others have had experiences that would cause infuriation. I personally like consistency. If you're a [censored], then, don't mix it up. Always be a [censored], so I know what to expect. If you like to rip people off, making them wanting to take a baseball bat and make the con artist understand their feelings on the subject, then do it all of the time. That's where the confusion sets in for me. ( Hell, I'm complicated too, but I'd never rip anyone off. I might be the nicest, complimentary person you'd ever meet, or I might be your worst nightmare, but only when provoked....Or, I may love you to death, and respect the hell outta of you, and I'm just stupid to eff with you (Ruprecht). But, like I said, ripping people off is something that I'd never do. NEVER! And I rarely deal with any of you, so, I'm not trying to convince any of you to deal with me.)
Again, I don't quite get why some of you have had a rough time with this guy, while others sing high praises for him.

Worse things can happen, so, a few bucks lost sucks, and would make me want to inflict pain followed by with what I call "skull intimacy," but it only comes down to money, which can be replaced.
While I respect the warning regarding this person, it's just money.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm in a ranting mood now, and you know me......

EDIT: Censored word rhymes with Rouchebag

Reaction score

Well, I guess that ultimately yes, it's "only money". But in reality it's not only money. I wasted several MONTHS waiting for this guy to fulfill his end of a deal that we made, and then still got the short end of the stick. Several months that I waited, patiently, for him to do what I essentially paid him to do.

The worst part of it, IMO, was the fact that while I was waiting for MY parts to be returned to me, not only the parts being sent in 'compensation' but also parts that I PAID FOR, he had the nerve to add the parts to his store - and sell out of them. So he obviously HAD them done, completed, whatever, and was just refusing to send them to me.

As if he were just mad suddenly that I would DARE to question him and DARE to make a big deal out of several MONTHS that went by without getting anything in return.

If you bought something from Hasbro Toy Shop and it didn't ship for 5 months, would you be mad? If you bought something from Sideshow, and it didn't ship for months, and then sold out? Ebay? Best Buy? Gentle Giant? OK well that last one is a bad example, lol...

But anyway...

The original purpose of this thread was just to warn people that dealing with Alyosha/Broken Arrow Toys may end up to be a not so pleasant experience.

In all honesty, I had made several purchases from him, and never had any major issues other than the waiting period. But the last 'deal' I made with him was a total waste of time.

Reaction score

I understand your frustration, Dave, and I appreciate the warning. You're an excellent trader, and, honestly, the only thing I regret about dealing with you in the past, is that I felt you should have charged me more on the shipping.
You gave me a helluva deal, and I felt that you shortchanged yourself on the shipping, which I still feel that I owe you the difference on that.
I wasn't trying to eff with your thread, and I respect the heads up on this guy, and I hate to hear about anyone getting ripped off.
Sorry if I came off as downplaying the aggrevation some of you have gone through, and thanks again ofr the warning on this guy so that, hopefully, others won't have to go through the bullspit that you and others have had to endure.

Reaction score

Yeah, I've always been interested in their stuff, so if not for this, I would have probably ordered. Yeah, it's just money, but custom casts are a bit pricey and I don't have $50 to waste. I want to ust figure out casting myself one day...

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
I want to ust figure out casting myself one day...

And what, exactly, would having more copies of yourself do to benefit you??
tongue.gif

Reaction score

I like Trigates new system. I'm more likely to actually get the new stuff instead of missing out all the time. They have a 10 day ordering window and the stuff is offered more than once. Pretty convenient if you ask me.

Reaction score

JediKnutt said:
I like Trigates new system. I'm more likely to actually get the new stuff instead of missing out all the time. They have a 10 day ordering window and the stuff is offered more than once. Pretty convenient if you ask me.
The only problem is I'm not on their website 24/7 so I don't know when this happens, I also don't check emails daily or weekly for that matter. I just want to be able to go somewhere and buy what I'm after with not having to get there before thousands of others, or waiting till it's finally available again.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
JediKnutt said:
The only problem is I'm not on their website 24/7 so I don't know when this happens, I also don't check emails daily or weekly for that matter. I just want to be able to go somewhere and buy what I'm after with not having to get there before thousands of others, or waiting till it's finally available again.

Hmm, well..the new trigate system basically says when ordering will be up, you go back during that time,and order what you want. No more selling out because they make what's ordered. So...i don't understand the issues with the new system, other than turn around time.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am glad i read this thread DAVE!! I had a nice shopping cart ready to check out with them, I've heard so many things about them and this is one i didnt expect to see specially coming from you.

I would also like to say DO NOT SEND YOUR CUSTOM CASTS TO TRI-GATE i have heard the same thing from several customizers as well not to mention DAVE from tri-gate is friends with ALY... i have placed orders with tri-gate multiple times, i ordered 20 GRAB BAGS the 1st package got lost "according to dave" i spoke to him on the phone and he couldnt provide delivery confirmation, then 2 weeks later he promised to RESEND me another box it took almost 2 months before my order actually arrived.

I am also not very pleased with the policies they constantly change, because they cant keep track of work loads and they ALWAYS deliver late.

so my recommendations to every customizer, learn to cast your own stuff, if you see something nice from those guys, buy 2 of each and recast them so u have them later.

i am currently learning how to do this myself and believe me is not very hard molding heads, casting weapons and body parts is the tricky scene.

anyway thanks for the heads up and glad i just read this.

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm the the latest victim of Alyosha. I placed an order 3 months ago for a few items his site said were in stock. I figured yeah, it might take a month to get the stuff...no problem. I check his site often, I check the now shipping notices in his forum... and I saw a notice that people's orders were shipping for the same time period I ordered. Cool...I should be in the next shipment. Nope. One month became two, and I started emailing him, just to get an idea when I can expect my order. I've emailed him six times, every five days, and not even the common courtesy of a reply. I'm assuming I've lost the money I paid him, at a valuable lesson.

BUYER BEWARE of Brokenarrowtoys.com

Reaction score
My last order was May 2011 and it arrived May 2012!!!!! I will not use Alyosha now even if MasterBen puts his custom heads on there.

Reaction score
Well reading his Storefront page he sounds like a total D-Bag. Why would you order from him. He sounds like if he's making you a favor to buy from him as opposed to him being grateful youre buying from him.

Reaction score
His front page pretty much says everything you need to know about him. "Don't contact me, I won't respond, just give me your money and shut up and be grateful I take the time to even take your order." I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist. There are people who have waited a full YEAR to get their orders from Alyosha.

I prefer to go through tofujesse.com or get my casts from jokabofe (ake StarWarsGeek.) TofuJesse does some of the cleanest work I've seen, and is supposed to have 100 new head sculpts coming next week. And Jokabofe has been a community member since I started back on these forums in 2005, and is totally dependable.

-CC

Reaction score
Does tofujesse have reasonable turn around time? 6-8 weeks?

In my experience, he usually turns things around in 1-2, unless it's some kind of a special order (i.e. creating a mold for a new item.) That usually takes about 2 weeks.

-CC

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my experience, he usually turns things around in 1-2, unless it's some kind of a special order (i.e. creating a kold for a new item.) That usually takes about 2 weeks.

-CC

Hey Guys, my turnaround is about 2 weeks or less. All my stuff is already made.

Reaction score
Can't give Jesse enough praise, molds are clean details are crisp, no bubbles and lots of choices. Can't wait to place second order