Botcon 2015

Reaction score
From TFW

Key points

• Robots in Disguise – nothing new shown
  • Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus shown – made up of Mirage from Drag Strip, Ironhide from Off Road, Prowl from Dead End, Sunstreaker from Breakdown. All have new heads. White Optimus Prime forms torso.
  • Combiner Wars Bruticus confirmed – Onslaught remolded Hot Spot with the vehicle mode reversed (back is now the front), Brawl is a new mold, Blast Off redeco of Firefly, Vortex from Alpha Bravo, Swindle from Rook.
  • Combiner Wars Voyager Sky Lynx confirmed – does not split into two separate forms. Forms torso of Sky Reign combiner.
  • Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 6 is Hound (from Swindle version of Rook), Wheeljack (remolded Breakdown), Trailcutter (from Offroad) and Smokescreen (from Streetwise)
  • Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar (Groove retool), Buzzsaw (new), Shockwave (new), Chop Shop (Shrapnel retool), and Pipes (Huffer retool) also confirmed.

Pics to come later

Reaction score
Sky Lynx for the win! Never thought he would get updated but will be passing on all the Autobot car combiners. Have more accurate versions of all these characters already. Not saying they look bad though I dig Wheeljack, Hound and Mirage quite a bit.

Bruticus I am mostly loving, Onslaught is a very clever retool of Hot Spot as expected. Who would have guess Swindle out of Rook? and that it looks great! New mold Brawl is amazing and then the not so good, Vortex not unsurprisingly Alpha Bravo but just a straight repaint, would have liked some retooling to give the chopper a more attack feel. Blast Off ugh really don't dig he is a Slingshot repaint with the same head but seems one member in each team always gets the shaft.

Legends Pipes, Chop Shop and Buzzsaw I am in for but passing on the rest. Shockwave looks cool but really want a Voyager version of him. Wreak Gar, Rodimus and Skywarp I don't like.

Leaders will all be passed on just don't like that Seeker leader mold, I have Skyfire and it works for him but not the seekers.

Reaction score
I agree, not liking the look of most of these. Although, Shockwave looks kind of cool.

GNT

Reaction score
I don't collect those small Transformers figures and the combined Autobots and white prime don't interest me at all. Bruticus does look good though, better then that war for Cybertron version or whatever it was a few years back.

mec

Reaction score
what is the autobot combiner there, doesnt look familiar at all. I want Bruticus.......

GNT

Reaction score
New creation it looks like, all the figures in this line are meant to combine in some form, just more playability for kids who might get a figure here or there. Hasbro will do the old school combiners but we'll see a few new ones scattered through the various waves including a number of repaints etc. IMO best thing Hasbro done in this line lately.

mec

Reaction score
I would love to see more G1 remakes, I am loving this.
I wish Devastator would be done in Deluxe/Voyager.

That and Abominus