Boss Fight Studio's "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.s" Kick-starter

Reaction score
Watched the livestream on facebook yesterday, lots of good stuff coming & yet to be revealed. :)

Hint Zorro likeness rights include the anthony banderas movies, Bad guys & side characters to be revealed. Tarzan & Phantom will have similar roll outs (Tarzan day, ya that's a real thing, Aug 27th) Comic & Movie versions of Flash Gordon, in future waves. Lots of good info on behind the scenes & how long it takes to make some of this stuff.

Reaction score
Their videos are always really informative, in their products and the industry overall. And everyone at the company comes off as really personable and big fans of toys in general. I love what they do and all the progress they've made so far.

Reaction score
As my interests are shifting I find myself less interested in most of their stuff anymore, especially when it takes so long to get.
I do like the looks of that Zorro though, I just don't know how I'll feel about it when it finally arrives. Flash Gordon has always appealed to me, I just couldn't get into the Funko figs due to the throw back look and minimal articulation.

Part of me really wants to see figures of Lone Ranger & Tonto, Flash Gordon, Zorro etc. Pretty much all the old school characters that were toys in the day, and even one that weren't would be doubly cool.

I do think the stuff they do is very cool but keep tripping up on the price, I find $25 for a 4" figure a tad on the steep side. Especially if we're talking buying more than a hand full in a year. lol

Reaction score
$25 is a little much but thankfully Hasbro has been saving me a lot of money by not stocking 1:18 & dispite my posts here SW hasn’t been my main interest in a while.

Reaction score
Worth the price. They're well made, come with ample accessories and make it really easy to get into customizing these. Boss Fight has even done 2 customization classes online.

Plus I think it's worth supporting them as a smaller company that works really hard to be consistent for their customers.

Reaction score
Ah I just remember the line I would buy that i spaced on the other day, Spaceballs. If they could get the License for that movie to make all the main cast I'd be in!

Reaction score
unless some drastic things change, there will never ever be Spaceballs Merch other than in media. It was in the contracts when they went to Lucasfilm that no merch was to ever be created. They parody that in the movie....I still want the flamethrower.

Reaction score
Shoutout to BFS they had a 20% off sale last weekend.

Question for anyone who ordered mini kit Blind bags from Boss Fight. Both times I ordered I made sure to click on the picture of the one I wanted. & both times I got exactly the one & color wanted. I thought the blindsbags were random. Is this just great luck or can you actually choose which one want via their website. I know 3rd party sells will send random kits.

Reaction score
That's sad, looks like it's up to someone with 3D printing skills! :)

I honestly wish the 3D sculptors and printers would start working on overlays for BFS and MTF. Apparently there’s a rubbery flexible material you can print with now that would work for things like that. We need a larger variety of contemporary jackets and coats that fit the more modern size, and anything related to fantasy style cloaks or armors would be great. I’m genuinely surprised nobody has stepped in to fill this void (I would if I had the talent), but I hope someone does soon.

Reaction score
Shoutout to BFS they had a 20% off sale last weekend.

Question for anyone who ordered mini kit Blind bags from Boss Fight. Both times I ordered I made sure to click on the picture of the one I wanted. & both times I got exactly the one & color wanted. I thought the blindsbags were random. Is this just great luck or can you actually choose which one want via their website. I know 3rd party sells will send random kits.

It is GREAT luck.

On items with multiple pictures, you actually have to go to the menu under the picture and select what you want from that menu. In almost bought two green elf blanks during the 20% off sale because I forgot about this.

Reaction score
Zorro pre orders are about to close. (Closes when the factory starts production) so last chance to get the pre order price.

Reaction score
I haven't head the chance to mess with mine too much, but I'm kinda curious how they'll go about adapting the new rocker ankles for the older figures.

Reaction score
I'm hopeful that the Strawberry Shortcake line will get a ton of new customers for them. The Saurozoic Warriors line looks pretty cool too, and I think that'll make some good business for them.

Reaction score
They are coming out with so much stuff, starting to think they has as many (or almost) IPs as Hasbro

for the record none of this is Kickstarter (just an old BFS thread)

Reaction score
They'll be more attentive to their IP than Hasbro though. Just because theyre too small to acquire licenses they wont use and won't put money into stuff that doesnt sell.

I'm glad they're getting so much. I'm not a fan of everything, but that's the idea. Get more people spending money on them!

Reaction score
If they weren't so expensive I'd be more apt to buying from them, I'm just not keen on paying more than $15 for a 4" action figure regardless of the IP. And you'd think as popular as they have become that they could make larger production runs than before which could reduce said price.

It's not so bad at $20 if you're only picking up a few here and there like a Zorro, Flash and Ming or Phantom keeping it rather niche. But for a whole line of something and especially at $25 to $35? I'd like to get those Umbrella Academy figs but not at $30 a pop!

I count myself lucky to have been able to afford Star Wars all throughout my life, for the most part, with all that it's thrown time to time. I just don't see how so many people have that much disposable income for all this stuff at such increased prices, it's honestly baffling. Especially considering what goes on in the rest of the world.

Reaction score
Its a small company but they're industry veterans, so I have a feeling all of their risks are very calculated. Also because they're an independent company, they've got a higher overhead cost than Hasbro. That's the biggest toy company in the world and we'll never see their prices drop. I expect to pay more from the smaller guys (to me, I even include Neca in that grouping). But I also expect those companies to have higher standards, which they typically do. Better quality, better accountability and better transparency.

I have a slightly large collection of Hacks figures, but they're worth it. The customization aspect is great and actually encouraged me to get more involved in customizing. The blank figures they sell are only around $15 ish, so it's not too outlandish. For $26ish you're getting a lot more than what hasbro puts in their deluxe 3.75 sets. Extra hands sometimes a few heads, a stand, weapons. The value is there. I've never been disappointed with any of their figures, but I have regretted some Star Wars and Marvel figure purchases.

I love Mythic Legions, but I'm surprised how many people army build those. At $35 (if you get the Four Horsemen presale price) or $45 everywhere else. I also can't stand when someone says "for that price, you could have bought a Hot Toys figure". But I know people collect those. If that's where they want to put their money, so be it.