Boss Fight Studio's "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.s" Kick-starter

Reaction score
They reached out again today, reminding me that my missing parts are going out this week. Such awesome personal service is really appreciated.

Reaction score
although it did dawn on me that I was told last week that my parts would ship out Monday... and yesterday she said "this week"... ugh that's potentially five more days to wait

Reaction score
although it did dawn on me that I was told last week that my parts would ship out Monday... and yesterday she said "this week"... ugh that's potentially five more days to wait
As far as I know, the only waiting that tends to kill people corresponds with postponement of medical treatment. Remind me what you purchased, OD?

Reaction score
well f me for being excited about my figures being complete sheesh
My comment was meant to be light-heartedly sarcastic. But therein lies the fallacy with purely textual communication - no facial expressions to judge playfulness. I really did want to know what you ordered.

Reaction score
I could have put a smiley after mine. I got that you were ribbing me.

Out of a much larger set of orders that a friend of mine placed for our group I got an Ultimate Spartan. That's all I've received so far, but he was part of the preorders for NJCC.

Reaction score
I could have put a smiley after mine. I got that you were ribbing me.

Out of a much larger set of orders that a friend of mine placed for our group I got an Ultimate Spartan. That's all I've received so far, but he was part of the preorders for NJCC.
Clearly, my clairvoyance ability is off today, and yesterday, and the days before that. Fine, fine; making my living as a psychic isn't going so well. :p

Aside from a couple of missing bits, how do you like your Spartan so far? Do you find yourself unnecessarily yelling "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" more than you should? Did your group get a pink skeleton too? Mine's growing on me, even if I despise the color pink; however, I do like the color "free."

I love my KS contribution Medusa. I also ordered the Underworld Warrior and the Black Racer (Medusa needed a friend) as well as a male and female body blank (plus two different sets of accessories) from the BFS store. I'd like to get the Amazon Warrior as well as the rest of the Gorgon snakes. I really want the FL Mega Con Ringneck Gorgon, but I don't see her in the store (I might have missed her, given that the convention was in May).

Reaction score
That damn little Spartan is about my favorite figure ever. I am so blown away by the attention to detail on all of the accessories, the amazing brass hue of the helmets and the sturdiness/quality of the weapons!

I got to see everything else that he got and the skeletons are really, really amazing. I'm not *crazy* about the articulation of the tails for the Gorgons, but it is really the best solution for fully articulated tails in that scale. One of the black skeletons was missing his jaw.

This is a line I could easily sell off a crapload of Star Wars/etc for and not blink an eye.

Reaction score
I'd like to get the Amazon Warrior as well as the rest of the Gorgon snakes. I really want the FL Mega Con Ringneck Gorgon, but I don't see her in the store (I might have missed her, given that the convention was in May).
Keep an eye on their Convention schedule. All Cons they attend officially will have the Eternal Struggle 2pack as their 'rolling exclusive', aside from any exclusives the Con runners themselves may have purchased for promotion, like the NJCC Ultimate Spartan. Whenever they're in attendance at one of these Cons, the ES set will be for sale on their website, from midnight to midnight EST. You should have a few more opportunities to get them before the summer's done. They were about $50 with shipping, and I went in with a guy who wanted the Spartan while I wanted that prettyprettypretty Ringneck. She's worth having, imho. My fave of the Gorgons after Medusa.

Reaction score
This is a line I could easily sell off a crapload of Star Wars/etc for and not blink an eye.
When you're ready to part with your Clone Wars stuff, you know where to find me. ;)

Keep an eye on their Convention schedule. All Cons they attend officially will have the Eternal Struggle 2pack as their 'rolling exclusive', aside from any exclusives the Con runners themselves may have purchased for promotion, like the NJCC Ultimate Spartan. Whenever they're in attendance at one of these Cons, the ES set will be for sale on their website, from midnight to midnight EST. You should have a few more opportunities to get them before the summer's done. They were about $50 with shipping, and I went in with a guy who wanted the Spartan while I wanted that prettyprettypretty Ringneck. She's worth having, imho. My fave of the Gorgons after Medusa.
Oh, wow. Thank you for the info, OSD! I will definitely have to put aside some money and snag one this summer. I can't wait! Blue snake, blue snake, blue snake!

Reaction score
No problem, LM. So long as I get mine first, I want everyone else to get their figures too! And getting them direct from BFS helps guarantee the longterm health of the line so I can get EVEN MOARZ FIGURES!!!

Reaction score
I really love this line, Hopefully putting my first in shortly and getting a few. Wish I had a few hundred to spend and get a ton of these.

Reaction score
When you're ready to part with your Clone Wars stuff, you know where to find me. ;)Oh, wow. Thank you for the info, OSD! I will definitely have to put aside some money and snag one this summer. I can't wait! Blue snake, blue snake, blue snake!
I believe they'll be at JoeCon next weekend, so check their Store starting Friday.

Reaction score
My scabbard arrived on Saturday with the wrong hand. They sent a mirror of what I need for the right hand, so now I am growing a little collection of bossfight Spartan hands.

My OCD forced me to mail, thank her for the scabbard but beg again for the correct hand.

Still, awesome to have him "complete" with scabbard - it's definitely a necessary accessory.

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to describe the articulation of the missing hand and I was pretty sure there was technical terminology for it, but Catrina nailed it...

"I am sending a Spartan LEFT hand with a horizontal joint (princess wave as opposed to toddler bye-bye wave)"

Reaction score
Toddler wave is good for helping a rifleman get the butt of his weapon notched into his shoulder, while the Princess wavers are vital for swordsmen's proper use to really stab a *******.

Reaction score
Received an email this morning that they are thinking about packing up my first order. So I guess we are finally getting past the kickstarters now. It would be nice if they just combined my two orders, but I'll take whatever is quicker at this point.

Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed the grab bag; it wasn't available when I placed my initial order on the website. Maybe that will be restocked too, and I'll be able to snag one or two alongside the CC exclusive set...

I'm looking at purchasing the Amazon Warrior, a third Gorgon (I have Medusa and the Black Racer), and another male figure (I bought the Underworld Warrior). Which Gorgon and which male warrior should I get? I've got my eye on the Colubrida Guard but cannot decide between the Athenian Warrior, Stone Fist, or the Myrmidon Warrior. Suggestions?

Reaction score
Pardon my **** piggishness, but the Colubrida is very brightly colored in pastels and I'm thinking she was Catrina's choice for a paintscheme and will likely be very pleasing for the lady collectors. I don't hate her, but man alive that's a bright-*** palette.I would recommend the Coral, but they're a Texas-local snake so may be more special to me despite the Ringneck being my fave.Stonefist has a lot of cool details, but I don't dig his too-pale skin tone; and the Myrmidon's armor has go-in plugs that simply don't work very well to secure the armor closed without some clean-up of the peg holes, and even then it's just as troublesome as it's always been on Joe vests. I very much prefer the go-out pegs on the Athenian, Spartan, and Amazon/Gorgon armors, even though they need clean-up at times too. So, if you're looking for the best warrior for out-of-the-box playing, go for an Athenian or Spartan.But really, even with the dings I mentioned, every last item is well worth getting and my best advice is to not think of which ones you'll get but which ones you'll get next until you've got them all. Eurayle and PreCurse Medusa shouldn't be overlooked. Their charms as figures are understated, but potent.

Reaction score
I'm treading carefully. One of our figure group has turned it up a bit much and it's starting to look like a mess... a glorious, awesome mess.

Reaction score
Pardon my **** piggishness, but the Colubrida is very brightly colored in pastels and I'm thinking she was Catrina's choice for a paintscheme and will likely be very pleasing for the lady collectors. I don't hate her, but man alive that's a bright-*** palette.I would recommend the Coral, but they're a Texas-local snake so may be more special to me despite the Ringneck being my fave.Stonefist has a lot of cool details, but I don't dig his too-pale skin tone; and the Myrmidon's armor has go-in plugs that simply don't work very well to secure the armor closed without some clean-up of the peg holes, and even then it's just as troublesome as it's always been on Joe vests. I very much prefer the go-out pegs on the Athenian, Spartan, and Amazon/Gorgon armors, even though they need clean-up at times too. So, if you're looking for the best warrior for out-of-the-box playing, go for an Athenian or Spartan.But really, even with the dings I mentioned, every last item is well worth getting and my best advice is to not think of which ones you'll get but which ones you'll get next until you've got them all. Eurayle and PreCurse Medusa shouldn't be overlooked. Their charms as figures are understated, but potent.
I can't figure out why I actually am leaning towards the Colubrida, as I thoroughly dislike the color scheme; I generally despise warm colors all the way 'round. Normally I'd lean towards the Coral, as she is painted to resemble reality, but for some reason I prefer the radioactive neon orange to the red tone. I truly don't know why. I wonder if the Coral's less venomous human-form sister is colored like a Scarlet King Snake? :p

Thanks for your input, OSD!

Reaction score
Hey, OSD, I've been on the web store looking for the convention exclusive to be up for sale, and I don't see it. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Yeah, I brainfarted. They're skipping JoeCon because it's too far to drive between two other shows. I'm not sure where they'll be next, but it should be next weekend, I think. Mea culpa!

Reaction score
Yeah, I brainfarted. They're skipping JoeCon because it's too far to drive between two other shows. I'm not sure where they'll be next, but it should be next weekend, I think. Mea culpa!
I'll keep on it then and just continue checking every weekend until I hit gold (er, blue?). Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quote from one of the BFSers:
Official word (for now) is that we will be looking to go straight to preorder with series two. Projected timeline for S2 wave 1 preorders to begin is sometime in the fall.

Reaction score
Once again, I'm not seeing the Eternal Struggle on the site. I feel like I'm missing something...

I also noticed that the price point went up $2 per individual figure. Any particular reason for the increase?

HA they sent me another replacement hand and it's still the wrong one! Maybe the third time will be a charm!
Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's only the weekends when they're at a Con. I haven't been tracking their schedule since I won't be going, but I do recall them saying they weren't going to JoeCon because it was too far to go right between two other Cons they were committed to.And prices went up once they cleared their backlog and officially went 'live' for orders.

Reaction score
As Con exclusives, the 2pack will *not* be on the same pages as regular product, though. Be sure to back up all the way to see them.

Reaction score
It's only the weekends when they're at a Con. I haven't been tracking their schedule since I won't be going, but I do recall them saying they weren't going to JoeCon because it was too far to go right between two other Cons they were committed to.And prices went up once they cleared their backlog and officially went 'live' for orders.
Perhaps I misread what you said about last weekend. I thought they were not going to be at a Con a week ago but would instead be this weekend, which is why I posted what I did earlier today. I suspected that the con items would not be with the regular product. Maybe if you see the Eternal Struggle go live, you could post a direct link in this thread for me? I really don't want the summer to slip by and me not get that set (which, quite frankly, will happen if I'm not paying attention).