Boss Fight Studio's "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.s" Kick-starter

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed anyone else mentioning this, but Boss Fight Studios' (designers and sculpters of some of your favorite Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel figures and Marauder's new figures) have their Kick-starter fund-raiser going on right now! Their first line (the first of many other themes: Fantasy, Sci-fi, ect.) focuses on Greek Mythology and has some impressive figures with the focus of easy dis-assembly for customizing. I urge all fans of 1:18 scale figures (Hell, figures in general) to go check these guys out and show some support. It's always cool to see the little guys branching-out independently to compete with the big brands! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures

Reaction score
This is an awesome campaign!!!! I totally agree: everyone should get behind this, and help make it happen! :D

Personally - I'm a big fan of everything I've seen in the campaign: the sculpts look great (awesome detailing), wonderful accessories, and awesome colour palettes.

I'm hankering for the Half-Orc warrior - that is probably my favourite (thus far) - but overall, they are all pretty tantalizing and tempting to obtain.

Cant wait to see more!!!!

GNT

Reaction score
Had a read through it all, some pretty neat stuff but with everything I collect I don't need to start another collection of warriors and snakes lol.

Reaction score
I made my pledge a few days ago. it is expensive but I haven't gotten anew star wars figure or g.i.joe in at least a couple years now because I simply do not ever see them.

Reaction score
Hey gang!! This is Erik Araña from Boss Fight Studio. I also was a designer on Star Wars for many years at Hasbro. So I'm well versed in all things of a Galaxy Far Far Away. Feel free to ask me questions if you want. About our current endeavor or past Star Wars products. (Maybe we can start an "Ask Erik" thread in one of the Star Wars sections)
I'm glad this thread exists at all. Any support from the huge fan base that is Star Wars would be appreciated. Even if you're not into it, then please spread the word, maybe you have friends who will be into it!
Seriously, Ask Away!!
-E-

Reaction score
I made my pledge a few days ago. it is expensive but I haven't gotten anew star wars figure or g.i.joe in at least a couple years now because I simply do not ever see them.
Yeah, I'll pretty much be spending a year's worth of "toy funds" supporting this, but I have complete faith that it'll be worth it. The timing couldn't be better as Star Wars has shifted focus, GI Joe is virtually non-existent at retail, and who know what the Hell is going on with Marvel. I'll be more than happy to to give BFS my money instead, as I've been disappointed with the majority of big brands lately. Here's hoping that their success ushers-in a new era for action figure enthusiasts without all of the corporate BS.

Reaction score
Hey gang!! This is Erik Araña from Boss Fight Studio. I also was a designer on Star Wars for many years at Hasbro. So I'm well versed in all things of a Galaxy Far Far Away. Feel free to ask me questions if you want. About our current endeavor or past Star Wars products. (Maybe we can start an "Ask Erik" thread in one of the Star Wars sections)
I'm glad this thread exists at all. Any support from the huge fan base that is Star Wars would be appreciated. Even if you're not into it, then please spread the word, maybe you have friends who will be into it!
Seriously, Ask Away!!
-E-
Aside from amazing figures, this is what I find so impressive about BFS. Where else are you going to find creators as forthright and eager to answer questions? Sir, I find your enthusiasm and passion refreshing and intoxicating. This is how toy collecting should be. Viva la Boss-Fight!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanx!! Trust that we appreciate such sentiment. We also strive to be open and forthcoming (something we weren't always allowed to do while at a larger company).
We're well aware that there is a hole that the larger companies don't feel is a priority to fill when it comes to collector level product. It's part of what we're trying to do with V-HACKS. We all hope that everybody will at least give them a try and hopefully get hooked.
-E

Reaction score
Seriously, nobody else has anything to say about this?!? *crickets* Don't be shy, I see you peeking! Anyhoo, I am jacked about this line! I'm "all-in" and looking to do some army-building as well, however there's a few 10-packs that I only want a few from. Perhaps someone might be interested in going "halfsies" on one or two sets or do some swapping/trading? Anyone interested feel free to shoot me a PM. For example, 5 Myrmidons for 5 Amazons, Underworld for Stone, Coral Snakes for Green Snakes, etc. Time's ticking, let's help put BFS on the map and get some swell swag in the process!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I kept seeing the adverts not realising what it was. Then I took a look and its blown my mind!
I live in the UK so its not viable for me to put a big order in just yet. Customs charges are a killer! Rest assured I will be putting an order in for a gorgon next week.
I hope they do a slave wave. I really want a female slave in a toga.
Keep up the good work, I watch in anticipation.

Reaction score
I kept seeing the adverts not realising what it was. Then I took a look and its blown my mind!
I live in the UK so its not viable for me to put a big order in just yet. Customs charges are a killer! Rest assured I will be putting an order in for a gorgon next week.
I hope they do a slave wave. I really want a female slave in a toga.
Keep up the good work, I watch in anticipation.
Hey Koth, I know what you mean about shipping from being a US Dr. Who collector! I do believe that int'l shipping is a flat-rate of $15 for this Kickstarter if that helps. In other words, the more you buy the better the deal. I'm not sure about additional Customs charges though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shipping is good but anything over $20.00 has customs charges added by Her Majestys Customs and Revenue PLUS £8.00Royal Mail priviledge (sp) which can add up to a pretty penny.

I'm not on Disqus yet but if they issue some UK Action Force figures in these moulds I'll think I've died and gone to Heaven!
Wouldnt you need Hasbro approval to release these?

I read the Boss Fight guys come here,so I have a quick question In your crystal ball how do you see your products selling? Will it be through a shop on your website?
cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shipping is good but anything over $20.00 has customs charges added by Her Majestys Customs and Revenue PLUS £8.00Royal Mail priviledge (sp) which can add up to a pretty penny.

I'm not on Disqus yet but if they issue some UK Action Force figures in these moulds I'll think I've died and gone to Heaven!
Wouldnt you need Hasbro approval to release these?

I read the Boss Fight guys come here,so I have a quick question In your crystal ball how do you see your products selling? Will it be through a shop on your website?
cheers
Not to speak for them, but it was initially mentioned that their goal was to have an online "store" (think StoreHorsemen or Marauder), however who knows how extensive or well-stocked it will be. I'm sure they're still hammering-out details on that. I'd imagine that some online stores like BigBadToystore will also carry their product, but that doesn't really solve your customs issue does it? Perhaps a distributor like Forbidden Planet?

Reaction score
I'm in the UK as well so an on-line store would work for me.

I'd at least be interested in the blue female buck as a base for a move version of Mystique.

Reaction score
It'll be a long game for me, unless I can arrange a trading agreement with someone in the US.
It would be good if FP picked them up. Toys r Us also ship stock in as a independent from the US. Opportunity there guys! You hear me?
Shame I'll miss out on the rarer warriors. The stone and bronze guys look A1. Hey ho!

Reaction score
Saw a message on Instagram last night that these were available for preorder, so went ahead and ordered a few. Still no date on shipping, but they must be getting close for the kickstarters.

Reaction score
Saw a message on Instagram last night that these were available for preorder, so went ahead and ordered a few. Still no date on shipping, but they must be getting close for the kickstarters.
They are I pre-ordered mine the morning they went live! fantastic figure line can't wait to get me hands on em!

Reaction score
I have a strange feeling that Boss Fight studio will be getting the majority of my money in 2016 with the poor distribution of Star Wars and the lack of GI Joe...and really doesn't look like there are any other 4 inch figures worth collecting. I wish I could have gone all in on this but the preorders and people helping me out getting the exclusives is going to break me. If these turn out to be a fraction as good as the pics have been and the articulation and customization is on par with what they have described...I may all out become BFS's biggest fan.

Reaction score
The stuff is stateside and they are in the process of sorting orders. They have sent out emails to make sure your address is correct so check your spam filter if you have not received anything. We got toys coming really soon!!!!!

Reaction score
I can't wait to be able to just order the individual things I want... hehehehe

I am really hoping this stuff catches on and keeps going.

Reaction score
I'm super excited to get my Medusa. I always wanted a "Clash of the Titans" (1981, of course, not the 2010 nonsense) Medusa, and BFS's version seemed like the next best thing. I too hope to be able to order what I like out of this line (mostly Medusa's siblings), as I was only able to invest in one character in the Kickstarter campaign.

Their online storefront is open for business and accepting pre-orders of the VH: Boss Fight Shop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clash of the Titans was my favorite as a kid, and not just for Andromeda's bottom. I remember hawking HBO at my grandparents, hoping every time a movie was starting that it would be CoTT.

Reaction score
Like Lady Macbeth said...their online store is open at www.bossfightshop.com and you can go preorder stuff now....the only thing that is sold out as of this post is the black armor set.....but they have posted that they are getting low on a number of Blanks (thought which ones... I do not know), the Glow-In-The-Dark Ghost 2pk, Tartarus Guard, Purple Skeleton, Pre-Curse Medusa and Leonidas. Also...just a reminder...remember that everyone who pledged for one or more figures will receive a free "surprise" figure. Curious to hear other people's thoughts and speculation on what you think it might be.

Reaction score
Just completed my taxes last night (thanks for being free, TurboTax), and yes, my refund will funnel itself directly into collecting. And part of it will go to BFS. I'm on the fence about buying the blanks, as I'm not sure I'd ever get around to customizing one; but I like both the sculpts and the concept. I'm definitely set on adding a few more half-women, half-reptiles (the Black Racer looks fantastic) to keep my non-exclusive Medusa company.

Also, I had no idea we got a free figure. I might be skimming the emails and clearly not absorbing any of the infirmation O read (except for the part where mine should be shipping soon). But that just makes this whole deal more awesome.

Reaction score
I'm gonna get some if the natural skin blanks and switch out the with the armored figures I already ordered. It's just a matter of painting the eyes :)

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Word od advise - heat up the wrist and ankle joint with hot water or hair dryer before breaking them in. Both are very tight to start and forcing it too much could cause a tear. Saw it online with someone's Spartan Warrrior and my Talos has a small tear on his right hand.

Reaction score
Depending on what you ordered, you may have received the items. There are at least 2 shipments from China. So if you ordered something that arrived this week you may not have gotten a shipping notification yet.

if if you pre ordered you will need to wait until the Kickstarter pledges get their stuff first.

Reaction score
I did a pledge through Kickstarter and confirmed my shipping address via email but still have not received my Medusa. Which is fine. I've waited all this while, and I'm content waiting longer. What choice do I have?

I also broke down and ordered more product: the Black Racer Gorgon, the Underworld Warrior, female body blank (hero blue), male body blank (obsidian black), glow-in-the-dark accessory pack, and bone accessory pack. About $100 with shipping. That was my top limit, and it took some effort to remain within the budget I'd preset.

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed anyone else mentioning this, but Boss Fight Studios' (designers and sculpters of some of your favorite Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel figures and Marauder's new figures) have their Kick-starter fund-raiser going on right now! Their first line (the first of many other themes: Fantasy, Sci-fi, ect.) focuses on Greek Mythology and has some impressive figures with the focus of easy dis-assembly for customizing. I urge all fans of 1:18 scale figures (Hell, figures in general) to go check these guys out and show some support. It's always cool to see the little guys branching-out independently to compete with the big brands! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/813878470/boss-fight-studios-vitruvian-hacks-action-figures
I missed the latest kickstarter, but these look incredible. I stumbled across references and landed back here at home on RS.

Are the armor bits removable?

Reaction score
BossFight said:
As of today, the shipping of Kickstarter Batch One is officially complete (with the exception of those of you who have not confirmed addresses or our international backers). Unfortunately, there was an issue with our shipping software today and not all of those receiving shipments will receive shipping notices ahead of time. We didn't realize this until they were already picked up by the carrier this afternoon. If you confirmed your address and have yet to receive a shipment, however, your package is most likely on the truck and on its way to you. If you don't remember confirming your address, PLEASE contact us to do so. There are still nearly 100 of you who have not confirmed and will not receive a shipment until you do. If you still have not received a shipment by early next week, you should definitely contact us so that we can look into your order. Coming up VERY soon, KICKSTARTER BATCH TWO!!
This was issued by BFS a day or two ago, so if you're an American Kickstarter contributor that's getting one of the first eight figures (standard Spartan, Stone Spartan, Bronze Spartan, PostCurse Medusa, Black Racer Gorgon, Coral Gorgon, Orange Blank male, or Gray Blank male) but haven't gotten at least a shipping notice you may want to contact them to verify. There's about 100 who haven't verified the shipping address given way back when the KS campaign ended and so BFS haven't shipped those contributors anything for fear they've moved (or died).

Reaction score
Aw, yeah... just got shipping notices for both the Eternal Struggle 2pack I'm splitting with a buddy and the pair of Store pre-orders I put in for a few weeks back.

Reaction score
These are really nice but I am more of a 6" collector now so I only ordered a Spartan and King Leonidas.