BONSAI'S BIG COLLECTION...of little figures 2017 Update! Vintage Price Guide

Reaction score
I'd say that the order of $ 'value' would flow from top to bottom like this: Still in original shipping crate (can be graded) > MISB mint in sealed box (can be graded) > NRFB never removed from box, stickers unapplied sealed bag contents (can be Q graded) > MIB boxed complete with inserts / paperwork but stickers have been applied and toy has been assembled > MIB boxed toy is complete but may be missing inserts / paperwork > Beater boxed, toy may be incomplete box may be missing flaps / proof of purchase.

Currency conversion from pounds to dollars is simple, just add half again to the £ amount to find the $ amount, so £100 = $150 dollars. Hope this helps and good luck with building your vehicles / playsets collection, it's a lot of fun!

Thanks for the info. While I am sure it will help someone I already knew what you wrote. In retrospect my question may not have been completely clear, I apologize. So let me try to rephrase.

Is it possible to judge in more hard numbers how much less a Complete toy with a box in good condition will be then a similar one that has inserts, sticker sheets, etc? For example you have the value for the regular Jabba at £100. Would one completely loose but with the box be worth 10% less, 20% less...? I understand it may be too difficult to determine exactly but just wanted to try to get a general idea.

I hope that's clearer. Thanks.

Reaction score
Sadly no such % formulae can be applied not just because prices are so changeable, but also because the boxed items themselves all have unique elements to them. For example, common inserts for an X-Wing might increase the value by 10% but rarer twin inserts for a Falcon might increase the value by 30%.

Typically completed auction listings are a good gauge of what $ is possible as a buyer. Buy it now listings I would steer clear of (they are a better indicator for what is possible as a seller!).

You do also pay a premium for sealed items, and this is certainly partially due to the potential for AFA grading. The pricing for AFA is almost a separate market than non graded, and it typically seems that AFA sellers lack the confidence to sell 'auction style' and tend to price fix with BIN only. Again, if value for money is your concern then avoid buying AFA.

If you are prepared to buy job lots and then to resell the pieces you don't need, then I think that remains the most economical way to build a collection. Patience is important too.

I certainly applaud collectors who do strive to have complete boxed items, because you get more to enjoy - the instructions, the stickers, the inserts, the flyers - it's all vintage product, and it all adds to the enjoyment of owning the piece.

Reaction score
Great stuff. That Black Wampa kicks butt. I love that piece. Action stand is awesome as well. Great collection. Had to bump it.

Reaction score
It's the new year - and a new update for 2016!

This update on page 1 adds the final wave of Return Of The Jedi vehicles and playsets, also I finally added the 4th of the 3 Pack Backdrops (been hunting for that for awhile!), and also added one of the retail Six Packs. I hope you enjoy...

Picture4115.jpg

Reaction score
It's the new year - and a new update for 2016!

This update on page 1 adds the final wave of Return Of The Jedi vehicles and playsets, also I finally added the 4th of the 3 Pack Backdrops (been hunting for that for awhile!), and also added one of the retail Six Packs. I hope you enjoy...

Picture4115.jpg
Nice updates and pieces Matt.

Reaction score
And now we have the last major update... Making this limelight really has been a mission, but I'll call it a 'labour of love' because I really do enjoy participating in this hobby and sharing it with you all. The Power Of The Force and Droids line has been added on Page One, and some other new additions sprinkled throughout too. I hope you enjoy...

Group14.jpg

Reaction score
And now we have the last major update... Making this limelight really has been a mission, but I'll call it a 'labour of love' because I really do enjoy participating in this hobby and sharing it with you all. The Power Of The Force and Droids line has been added on Page One, and some other new additions sprinkled throughout too. I hope you enjoy...

Group14.jpg

I wanted to like this and then realized we dont have that so i am going to *like* it right now.

I love the Hoth Rescue set, the ESB packs you got and especially love the Portuguese lettering on the Glasslite. Really nice stuff thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
A little July update with a few extra pieces added to page one. The Force Lightsaber with ROTJ hanger, Droids Lightsaber, and an Italian four pack...

Picture1262.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Matt,
I was wondering if you have more info about this.
Last week I was seeing an interview made to a serious Mexican collector about LiLi Ledy, and the guys stated the mexican Black wampa was a hoax, an april fool´s joke.
Is that for real?

Reaction score
Arturo, i'll have to try and look that interview up, and I'll send you a pm with some further conclusive details. :grin:

We saw the black X-wing in The Force Awakens, expect to see the Black Wampa appear in one of the new movies.

Reaction score
If there are two known Wampa Oscuro, any chance you could get them together and let them mate and get me one for my collection as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Time for a 2017 update, and in particular I have had to update the valuations. Prices have risen dramatically in the past two years, and the values now have all been updated. Still just a ballpark guide - there is no set value on any item - but I hope the limelight provides at least some useful guidance when it comes to valuing.

I'm also really happy to add this item, the Young Jedi Knight Kit. The Early Bird Kit represented the start of the toy line and in many ways the Young Jedi Knight Kit represents the end - with this kit Kenner literally gave away two free figures in a bid to encourage a new generation of kids to start collecting. It didn't work and the toy line ended soon after. In my experience the Young Jedi Knight Kit is also considerably rarer and exists in smaller numbers than the Early Bird Kit.

Picture10231.jpg

Reaction score
I certainly applaud collectors who do strive to have complete boxed items, because you get more to enjoy - the instructions, the stickers, the inserts, the flyers - it's all vintage product, and it all adds to the enjoyment of owning the piece.

Dear Bonsai, awesome collection you have assembeled over the years. Since I am also trying to complete my boxes as much as possible (sticker, mini catalogues etc etc), I wanted to ask you a question concerning the completness: Unless you buy sealed stuff and open it - HOW can you know what goes with the toys, and what might have been added on a more "random" base? Example: to my knowledge, not all boxes (although probably many) had the "We really do care" flyer. Or in what period did they add the "sweepstake" flyer? There are toys that came with different catalogues while in production. Hm THIS is a nerd question right? Just wondering. Many thanks!!!

Reaction score
Great limelight! I think you can probably set the price on the italian 4 pack a bit higher.