Bodhi Rook

Reaction score
Wave three hasn't been widely released yet.

Basically all of the finds so far have been at a few lucky Walmarts, and nowhere else other than online. And even then, finds have been made ONLY at some Walmarts and ONLY in about a single case's worth, though there may be be exceptions. In short, it is not reasonable to be checking stores for these yet.

My guess is many retailers like TRU and Target are holding theirs back for the DVD release that is just weeks away. But regardless, people are just setting themselves up for frustration and disappointment if they are expecting to find these in physical stores right now.

Reaction score

Basically all of the finds so far have been at a few lucky Walmarts, and nowhere else other than online. And even then, finds have been made ONLY at some Walmarts and ONLY in about a single case's worth, though there may be be exceptions. In short, it is not reasonable to be checking stores for these yet.

My guess is many retailers like TRU and Target are holding theirs back for the DVD release that is just weeks away. But regardless, people are just setting themselves up for frustration and disappointment if they are expecting to find these in physical stores right now.
in my area it was Kmart and Walmart.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Walmart is doing the same thing. I have one Walmart in my area that has been cleared out of the basic line for months now and they have never restocked. Its either some have an over abundance of wave 2( If anyone needs old Orson I know where to find him) or no figures at all. I did find the whole wave at one Walmart last Saturday. They only had Bohdi left.

Reaction score
I got lucky and managed to find one lone Bodhi at a Wal-Mart I don't typically get the chance to check. There were no other figures from wave 3.

Reaction score
Yep, it seemingly is a long wait. Only to be a very limited run I'll bet. So when they actually do hit, they'll be on the way out for the new batch.

Reaction score
Yep, it seemingly is a long wait. Only to be a very limited run I'll bet. So when they actually do hit, they'll be on the way out for the new batch.
Same thing happened last year with TFA after the first couple of waves. I've had the Bodhi wave since January (via Amazon). Still haven't seen them in a store

Reaction score
Hasbro only seems to properly distribute the first wave or two from any one line anymore. Been this way since at least The 5 Indy Movie line and has only gotten worse with time.

GNT

Reaction score
Havent seen this figure here, I think I gave up hope a while ago with his wave.

Reaction score
Hasbro only seems to properly distribute the first wave or two from any one line anymore. Been this way since at least The 5 Indy Movie line and has only gotten worse with time.
Wow. Good point. The last Indy wave never hit stores. I never saw a trace of the final TFA figures. And now the same thing is happening with R1. Not just the last wave, either, since that it still to come, but the SECOND to last wave.

ugh

Reaction score
Wow. Good point. The last Indy wave never hit stores. I never saw a trace of the final TFA figures. And now the same thing is happening with R1. Not just the last wave, either, since that it still to come, but the SECOND to last wave.

ugh
Yeah I really don't think we'll be seeing wave 4 in stores at this point. I mean maybe certain places here and there, but it definitely won't be widely distributed. No way any TRU gets them. Hopefully I'm wrong, but like you pointed out, it's the same thing happening over and over again. I'm tired of it

Reaction score
I just saw the Bodhi's wave at King Soopers, 8.99 for the figures though.

Reaction score
My Wal-Mart just got two or three cases, there where some Bodhis left. Maybe a Jyn in disguise also. Let me know if anyone is in need I can help out. I have an extra Death trooper from that wave also.

Reaction score

ugh
The only place I found the Indiana jones TOD wave was at Kroger back in 2008. They were in a floor display box in October of that year. I have found wave 4 at 2 different Walmart's. First one had the remains the second I went to have the whole wave with Thrawn.

Reaction score
The pegs where all clear of expect Rebels Leia, so hopefully we get more back, big hope right, if I do I will snag one for you. I also have a Wal-Mart that is 30 minutes from me that I am going to tomorrow, I will check them also.

Reaction score
Finally got bodhi! A buddy that goes to CZW shows in Jersey found it easily out there and gave it to my buddy who wrestles on CWFH with me. He hand delivered it and my sunday was blessed with pro wrestling and star wars!

Reaction score
That's what happened around east Denver with the DVD release. I haven't seen anything new at Walmart, but all my nearby Targets had about a box of new figures each. I was able to get Bodhi, a Deathtrooper and a Scarif Trooper (they had disguise Jyn, but I passed). They had a few Jedha 4-packs, too. Funny thing: Target didn't clearance their "Force Awakens" figures like Walmart did, so you can still pay full price for Resistance hero Goss Toowers!

I like Bodhi, but he is a bit plain. He may be a cargo pilot, but they're equipped pretty differently than the TIE pilots. There's not quite as much difference between our military fighter and transport pilots.

Reaction score
There was a day Hasbro would have given us the Imperial Version. I bet it at least has a cool helmet design rather than just the cap.

Reaction score
I like to imagine that "Imperial cargo pilot" means something different than, say, "Imperial engineer."

When they call a tech guy an Imperial engineer, they are saying that he is a literal member of the Empire, not only in terms of citizenship but in terms of employment. And this is meant directly-- he or she works for the Empire in the same sense that an active duty US Marine works for the US federal government, or in the way that the CEO of Boeing works for Boeing.

When they call a cargo pilot an Imperial cargo pilot, I like to think that the relationship between the pilot and the Empire is different, more like that of your average mall cop to the mall he works in-- he is functionally treated as a member of the mall in the course of his daily duties, but is in fact employed by a subcontractor, and in practice this subcontracting entity is largely a loose federation of semi-independently operated branches whose operations more closely resemble franchises than, say, regiments in the army. A central corporate office might serve as a basic records-keeping operation and handle certain types of payroll and equipment questions, but for the most part the branches steer their own course in coordination with the local mall leadership, and just endure occasional visits from various poohbahs who are mostly ineffective and indifferent.

Thus, operationally, and even in terms of hiring, firing, discipline, ect, the employee is basically working for a subcontractor to a subcontractor, yet also alongside higher ranking people who technically work for a different and more power organization (the mall, the Empire). From the public's perspective, and kind of the employee's own everyday perspective, he works for the mall/Empire. Certainly if the mall/Empire has a problem with him, he is finished. Yet technically, though he works as a member of their organization, is commanded in most circumstances by them, and can be cashiered by them, he is not *of* them, was not hired by them, is not literally a member of their organization, and technically does not work for them at all.

That's what I think Bodhi is, or should be. I don't claim that LFL has said this, but i think it just makes sense. It explains his scruffiness, his non-Imperial seeming uniform, his lower level of commitment and loyalty, and so on, and at the same time it just makes sense to me that the Empire would not independently manage something that could be so easily subcontracted. Finally, it seems to me to square more with the kind of person Bodhi is, someone who likely would have felt a sense of foreboding at the thought of literally being a part to something like that.

Bit it maybe someday we will learn his backstory and see what the Lucasfilm story group has to say about all this...

Reaction score
I don't know man, Baze and Saw seem to treat him like he was at one point enlisted. I bet he let the scruff go after defecting and being dragged around the desert by Saws goons for a while or just being on the run. I sort of picture an Imperial Cargo pilot just like the other guys here in the thread are trying to customize, a darker version of the Scanning tech, or Old POTJ black jumpsuit " Officer" type out fit, possibly with a cool helmet. The defection means a little more than just say a mall cop who walked off the job one day. This dude had piloting clearance and intimate knowledge of one of the Empires advanced science research and development centers... Think AMRDEC or such from the army... I don't think they would go handing that card out to mall cops.

Reaction score
Gotta say, that looks pretty awful!
That's usually the case, at least for me. That's why I always reserve final judgment till I see one in person. With that said, this (from pics) actually "looks" like the character to me, but in an almost animated style. It's cool how his "bonus accessory" is actually something he used in the film though (instead of some gigantic half chewed Jolly Rancher launcher like most of them are) but it's kind of funny how they made it a "zip line"
I FINALLY saw one of these today and I have to take back everything I've said about this figure. The one I got looks freakin' amazing. I don't know if it's just a case of extreme close up pics or if I got one with improved paint apps, but mine looks nothing like this (no offense Dark Artist):

I mean, that looks like a 5 year old drew his beard with a brown Sharpie. Mine looks nothing like this. He also has more detailed goggles than this. Pics when I get home.

Reaction score
Ok, well here are some pics of the Bodhi I picked up today and damned if, in pics, he doesn't have that same raggedy *** beard in them. But I assure you, I am looking at him right now and you can't see it in hand! What sorcery is this Hasbro? Anyway, he really is a great little figure and I eat all my previous bad comments about him. Heck, they even managed to give him a pretty awesome pack in...even if they turned it into a glorified grappling hook.

Reaction score
Bodhi definitely has the best accessory of any figure in the line, his backpack is not only screen-accurate but the grappling feature nicely captures what the communications cable did in the film. Tons of great value setting him up with the "cable" and I'm glad we got him. Now I'm really hoping Galen shows up, especially for the mouse droid.

Reaction score
Has anyone actually found Bodhi at retail price? He's $15+ on amazon and ebay and not available anywhere else. Thought for sure this wave would have hit HTS by now. Very annoying(as always).

Reaction score
This wave was cancelled/discontinued by Hasbro. Sold out and no more coming. Bummer.