Bodhi Rook

GNT

Reaction score
***Please be aware this thread may contain information relating to the Star Wars Rogue One movie, if your avoiding spoilers please leave this thread or read on at your own risk***

From Rogue One comes Bodhi Rook, not much is really known about him just yet except his the Rebels squad pilot leader, not sure if he'd make an interesting figure but I suppose he'd be needed.

From EW:
We don't yet know what kind of craft he'll be maneuvering, but Riz Ahmed (Nightcrawler) will costar as the Rebel squad's lead pilot, Bodhi Rook. "He’s a very experienced pilot. Flies a lot of cargo, one of his key jobs," Kennedy says. "And he tends to be a little tense, a little volatile, but everybody in the group really relies on his technical skills."

Who's up for possibly seeing Bodhi Rook in figure form?

Reaction score
I'm very excited for Bodhi to finish out the main RO rebels. On the other hand, this will likely be the Zuvio-level peg warmer for 2016/17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That bright blue is awful. Shame because the face sculpt looks good.

Reaction score
What's with the blue? He is clearly wearing Imperial Grey.

#ColourBlindHasbro strike again :grin:

Reaction score
Finally Bodhi!

So that's what his turtle-like back-back is for? A portable winch and grapple?
I taught he was the tech. guy and a pilot?

I'm suddenly getting suicide squad bad memories, he better not pull a Slipknot and be the first one out!

Reaction score
The detail and sculpt look great, but that has to be the worst attempt at faded black fabric ever.

Reaction score
I kinda like the character, but that figure almost looks like a knock-off. Not sure if it's the bright blue or the pinhead & limb proportions. The backpack looks fun. Unless he's a really likeable character in the movie, I might pass on this figure.

Reaction score
Based on these photos this looks like the weakest of the R1 basic figures. May have to wait and see the movie before getting this and that would be the first time I'm saying that for this line thus far.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Reaction score
His character looks interesting, but this figure does not. Definitely not the same quality as some others.

Reaction score
​there are often a few colour issues the line. But this looks to be the worst offender in a long time. Let's hope it doesn't really look as blue as that in production. Great sculpt though.

Reaction score
Yeah the blue is definitely turning me off. I like the sculpt. the head looks small and not a fan of the backpack thing

Reaction score

At least the back pack is somewhat pretending to be like something he actually uses.
Hasbro just seems to have reinvented it to have "play-value" as some kind of winch and grapple.

You can see him wearing it on the set photos.
There is a couple of them leaning on the orange crates too.
And of course the Elite figure has it more screen accurate.
Seems like more of an electrical tool, maybe to extract data/plans?
Looks bizarre.

Although Hasbeo seems to have rinvented it into a graple.

Reaction score
Some of these guys really do look like Ghostbusters.

Reaction score
Portable fire hose.

Yeah the blue is definitely turning me off. I like the sculpt. the head looks small and not a fan of the backpack thing
Probably won't look to bad if you take all that equipment off him.

Reaction score
His character looks interesting, but this figure does not. Definitely not the same quality as some others.
Yup. Bad sculpt, awful uniform color. Pass. Which is too bad, since there was definitely potential here!

Reaction score
I foresee a lot of customs of Matt the Radar Technician using this figure.

Reaction score
This guy is going to rot ToysRus pegs forever, I think he would be better off in a two pack or 4 pack with stronger or cooler looking characters, Hasbro is struggling to sell jyn right now.

Reaction score
SPOILER!

A recent reveal of the Topps trading cards for RO show that Bodhi does indeed use the backpack/grapple accessory the figure comes with.
Pretty sure this had already been established. The latest poster shows him with it, the Disney Elite figure has it, and there have been set pics with him wearing it.

Reaction score
Well...at least it'll be an easy custom job to make him articulated. Slap the head and vest on an imperial technician uniform and boom. Done.

Reaction score
Well...at least it'll be an easy custom job to make him articulated. Slap the head and vest on an imperial technician uniform and boom. Done.
You'd have to replace the lower legs as well, since his pants are not tucked into his boots like the imperial technician.

Reaction score
This guy is going to rot ToysRus pegs forever, I think he would be better off in a two pack or 4 pack with stronger or cooler looking characters, Hasbro is struggling to sell jyn right now.
Yeah, it's a kinda odd move on Hasbro's part. He would have benefited from a two-pack.
Bodhi has been the less appealing from the Rogue One team since he's not an action guy (not to mention he has been barely marketed). He only pilots cargo ships and do technical stuff, which I don't think many will find too interesing, unless his role will turns out to be surprinsingly remarkable.

Reaction score
Jyn could be struggling to sell right now because there are better versions on the horizon as well. As long as this guy isn't overpacked per case he'll sell just to round out the team.

Reaction score
Looks good, but this is a figure that I really wish had more articulation... I would buy at least 5-6 if he did for various customs. Generic jumpsuits like this are hard to come by...

I do really appreciate that it looks like his vest is removable - nice plus there. That sort of detail entices people like myself to make multiple purchases for swapping onto other figures.

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy like 6 of him. One for my collection, 5 to turn into SW-style Ghostbusters. The backpack is already like 50% of the way to a proton pack.

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy like 6 of him. One for my collection, 5 to turn into SW-style Ghostbusters. The backpack is already like 50% of the way to a proton pack.
So Hasbro managed to turn what appears to be a cable backpack in set photos into a zipline. LOL. At least it sort of looks like it can be used in a hangar display.

Reaction score
Hopefully this wave shows up soon, can't wait for the new ones!
I know vest probably gonna be molded on instead of a separate piece.