Bob's Burgers

Reaction score
Bob\'s Burgers

Tonight's the premire anyone watching?

Personally I love John H. Benjamin, he was hilarious in the extremely underrated series Home Movies

Reaction score
Re: Bob\'s Burgers

This show looks bad all around imo.

Reaction score

okay wow this show sucked, not even Jon's voice acting could save this show. Probably the most vapid and humorless show ever

Reaction score

DarthAndosMan said:
okay wow this show sucked, not even Jon's voice acting could save this show. Probably the most vapid and humorless show ever
Yeah. Pretty awful show.

Normally I could crack up listening to H. Jon Benjamin reading an instruction manual, but this show couldn't produce more than a few snickers -- at best.

Maybe now he can spend more time focusing on Archer.
Now THAT is one funny show!

Reaction score

Decided to pass on this due to the promos that really didn't interest me. Doesn't seem like I missed much.

Bring back American Dad!

Reaction score

I was expecting this thread to be about how much everyone liked the show. Kind of surprised to see that no one liked it. I thought it was funny and will continue to watch it.

Reaction score

I agree with HobNoblet, I found it funny and will keep watching too. The name of the daily special as written by the daughter and the "don't taste me bro" sign in the crowd were pretty damn funny.

Reaction score
Bumping this ancient thread to comment on one of the most underrated cartoons I've ever seen, Bob's Burgers - LOL. I've only seen the first season (so far), but plan on continuing to watch this & get caught up.

This series is great! Very sick, twisted, and very un-PC. I like the fast food restaurant/beach town setting & the great animation - very creative. Note I use the word "restaurant" extremely loosely - ha ha.

There is no way a live-action show would be able to get away with some of the heinous & truly messed-up storylines/episodes on this series - but that's one of the reasons the show is so funny
;)

Having a fast food place located right next door to a funeral parlor is so bizarre & sickening that it would be almost unimaginable in real life, but works for a cartoon. Going along with this, the episode about Louise (the youngest kid) making up stories about her parents using "meat" provided by the funeral home was truly vile - but I'm sure anyone who eats there probably considers the possibility that this is happening - ha ha.

The fact that a guy is voicing the teenage girl character is somewhat odd, but par for the course for this show. And, I know similar things have been done with other cartoons - i.e., people of the opposite gender voicing male/female characters.

I used to be a huge fast food fan & ate out at dives similar to this one; sometimes the best food is in hole-in-the-wall places. However, I don't think I would ever have stepped foot in a s$#%-hole like this - LOL.

Reaction score
I love this show and have supported it since day one. For valentines day 2015 we attended a live table read and stand up show with the cast. We also did a meat and greet (pun intended) and met the entire cast. Now an autographed cast poster hangs in our home.

Reaction score
great show, entire family watches most Sundays. For me the funniest shows/best comedic writing is on cartoons. Rick and Morty, South park, American Dad, Family guy, Simpsons. i struggle to think of a single sitcom that is equally as funny as any of those listed. Yet i can never convince anyone over the age of 55 to give these shows a shot. Stuck in the past where cartoons are for kids still.

Reaction score
great show, entire family watches most Sundays. For me the funniest shows/best comedic writing is on cartoons. Rick and Morty, South park, American Dad, Family guy, Simpsons. i struggle to think of a single sitcom that is equally as funny as any of those listed. Yet i can never convince anyone over the age of 55 to give these shows a shot. Stuck in the past where cartoons are for kids still.
My parents used to watch the Flintstones religously. That was a prine time show when it first aired.... As far as i am concerned there are 3 shows on tv. Cop show, lawyer show, and medical show. I am down to watching 3 shows a week... Bobs, Simpsons, and Project Blue Book. Everything else is either over or got bad and lazy. Oh and Rick and Morty, but i usually buy the uncensored ones....

Reaction score
Agree completely with this! I'm pushing 50 & grew up watching cartoons & continue to enjoy them well into adulthood. I find numerous cartoons to be creative/clever/innovative, and in many cases far better than live-action shows.

I don't want to derail this thread too much, but here are some of my favorites - and these aren't just comedies:

Thundarr the Barbarian
Aeon Flux (MTV)
Tron: Uprising
Batman: The Animated Series
Bob's Burgers
Masters of the Universe (2002 reboot only)
Thundercats - original '80's version & 2011 reboot
Family Guy
- side-splittingly funny - LOL; I stalled on this show after a couple of seasons; need to get back into this.
Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1974); I actually liked this better than the regular ST live action show because they weren't restricted by the limited special effects of the era (as TOS was).
Star Wars: Droids; still needs a decent DVD/Blu release, but that's another thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Watched BB's S02; even more twisted than S01, if that's possible. Favorite episodes included:

-When Bob is having a dental procedure done & is highly medicated - he thinks that Linda's sister Gayle is Linda, and kisses her. When he comes to, he realizes his mistake - though Gayle has fallen for him & she non-subtly goes after him. Bob explains the whole situation to Linda & not only is she not upset, but encourages him to "give in" to Gayle - so that this will give Gayle confidence so that she can go after someone else - LOL. What an understanding wife - too bad they're not all like that ;)

-Bob gets into a "video game" feud with Jimmy Pesto (the owner of the more successful Italian restaurant across the street) & they try to beat each other's high score(s). This very slightly reminded me of the the very underrated documentary "The King of Kong", about two video game enthusiasts who compete for the highest score in "Donkey Kong".

-Food trucks in front of BB's are competing for his business, and Bob decides to "fight back" by buying a food truck of his own, while still keeping the restaurant running. Soon after, he realizes that he's stretched way too thin & is losing $ because he's spending more money, time, and staff (i.e., his family) on the food truck than he can afford, while still keeping the restaurant open with a skeleton crew...and that he should just have focused on the restaurant itself. This is something that would have been immediately obvious to almost anyone else. What a nimrod ;)

As someone who sometimes patronizes food trucks (though the occasion is rare), it's completely understandable that it would cost less $ to run a food truck (less overhead, no rent, etc.) than it would to run an actual brick & mortar restaurant/fast food place.

Last edited: