BoboFatt's Collection (updated 9/8/12)

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post more up-to-date pics for a while, but I've been busy. Since I have a quick minute while I'm off for the holidays, here are some night shots...my favorite time to view my collection. Thanks for taking the 540 degree trip around my office.

Reaction score
Man your collection is such an inspiration ! Thanks for sharing all these photos. My replicas collection is only two deep but I have my last one coming soon to complete my MR "grails".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Yoda, congrats. Always special to get a grail. The problem with replica collecting is that there is always another grail to be had. :grin:

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Yoda, congrats. Always special to get a grail. The problem with replica collecting is that there is always another grail to be had. :grin:

Haha too true. I however have always held two lightsabers in my grail category, the Luke ROTJ V2 which I have and the Obi Wan ANH weathered which I just got today! I found one in absolutely pristine, never displayed condition. A truly remarkable piece.

What are your favorites ? If you had to choose.

Reaction score
A fantastic room!!!.Also the illumine vintage shelf is something i must integrate in my room.

Reaction score
That's what I call a properly displayed collection. Everything is presented in an uncluttered way, allowing for the eyes to look at each collectible without being blocked by another one. Good sense of order and balance along with a great array of items. Very nice!

Reaction score
Haha too true. I however have always held two lightsabers in my grail category, the Luke ROTJ V2 which I have and the Obi Wan ANH weathered which I just got today! I found one in absolutely pristine, never displayed condition. A truly remarkable piece.

What are your favorites ? If you had to choose.
The EP4 Obi is a fantastic piece. It's no wonder why you're so excited to have obtained it. As for my favorites? If I include all the items in my office and gage my answer by what items I spend the most time admiring or which items would be the last in line for me to sell if I had to liquidate my collection, then it would be 3) Frank the bunny 2) Olly prints 1) SS Falcon. It's tough since I really do like all my pieces, but the Falcon is a no brainer. Although I like 1:1 collecting, the SS line has become my favorite. If the SD ever becomes a reality, there is a good chance my blasters and sabers would have to go!

A fantastic room!!!.Also the illumine vintage shelf is something i must integrate in my room.
Coming from the award winning master, that is a true compliment! I already told you that your vintage figure shelf is marvelous. There is no doubt if that if you end up displaying it, you'd figure out a unique and glorious way to do it.

That's what I call a properly displayed collection. Everything is presented in an uncluttered way, allowing for the eyes to look at each collectible without being blocked by another one. Good sense of order and balance along with a great array of items. Very nice!
Thank you LS. Over the years my display style has changed. I did have a very cluttered look at one point, especially in my first house where I had a lot less room and displayed a lot of Kenner/Hasbro toys. As my collection tastes changed and after viewing so many different collections on multiple forums I decided that I liked the less is more look. It's funny looking through old pics of mine, I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Reaction score
The falcon is a hunk of junk although she's got it where it counts ;)

Really cool display. Love what you did with the lighting. Makes the blaster shelve look like an imperial army of confiscated weapons lol. How do you keep all your goods pristine?

Reaction score
Thanks HB.

As to your question, I'm not sure what part of my colleciton your referring. I don't really touch anything, so it's all pretty much the same as the day I bought them. Now if you're talking about my vintage stuff - for the newely aquired pieces, I tried to buy items in pretty good shape. As for my personal vintage items that I played with as a kid? Well, lets just say I've always been careful with my stuff. Apparently even at an early age!

Reaction score
I guess it's been a while since I've had anything to update. Just a few minor things.

I was going to make a case, maybe hanging, for the Death Star tiles, but I just don't have the time. So I figured I'd hang it up by the EP4 SS ships and that would be OK.

I think this is my cheapest replica ever. This is USA TODAYS real paper on BTTF day. Only $2.

I think this is the first replica my wife ever bought me. Go Griswolds!

I finally got my Time Bandits map in a frame. Another first. This is the first replica that I was allowed to display outside of my office.

Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Jim you still planning a visit?

Anyone know how to modify the title so I can update the update date? How do you like that sentence?

Reaction score
Click the edit button on the first post, then click advanced.

Reaction score
Strange. That's all I've ever done to change my thread titles. You can even see that I've added an update to my thread a couple below this one...

Reaction score
BobaFatt - joined the forum just to say nice job on the Time Bandits map. About twice a year I search the net for pics of the map just to see if any I've sold turn up in interesting places. Yours is beautifully displayed. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you did the weathering, yes? Can you elaborate on your technique? It looks great. My weathering is usually heavier, but that's often based on buyer's requests. Anyway, nice collection and now I need to explore the forum.

Reaction score
BobaFatt - joined the forum just to say nice job on the Time Bandits map. About twice a year I search the net for pics of the map just to see if any I've sold turn up in interesting places. Yours is beautifully displayed. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you did the weathering, yes? Can you elaborate on your technique? It looks great. My weathering is usually heavier, but that's often based on buyer's requests. Anyway, nice collection and now I need to explore the forum.
Jon Heilman, is that you?

Reaction score
I finally finished my BK glasses collection. Picked up the 3PO/R2 and Luke glasses (two on the far left). Unfortunately they no longer fit on top of my figures case, so I got a picture shelf from Ikea to display them. I had to cut it down to size, but it was worth it since the glasses are more visible than when they were sitting on top of the case.

I used some of the left over picture shelf and cut it to size for a display I having been planning for a while now...origins of the lightsaber. I bought a couple of small Lack floating shelves and acrylic sign holders to finish it off. All the pieces in the display are genuine/original parts. I think it turned out OK. I also moved some other non-weapons props to keep my display a little more organized.

I bought some license plate replicas, moved a few other things around and hung another shelf to make my non-SW props a little more visible.

Lastly, I upgraded all my lights. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it. All my new lights are controlled by one remote, making it very easy to turn them on/off. Thanks for stopping by.

Reaction score
I got this little guy a while ago and have been trying to build him a phone so he can call home. I still have some pieces to get but we're getting closer.

Reaction score
I've always had the intentions of posting pics of my collection from way back when. I thought it'd be fun to see how it's evolved over time. So I had a little time and an excuse to finally put up some pics of my collection from my first house. This is when I was still into "toys" and was transitioning to prop replicas. Even though I thought it was a neat an organized collection at the time, it looks like a mess. That's why I'm all about the less is more philosophy now. I actually have a pic or two from when I still lived with my parents and only collected toys, but I have to dig for those another time.

Please keep in mind, these are pics of pics, so they aren't the best quality.

Reaction score
I like those big posters!! Collecting evolution is always so cool to see
Those actually made it to my current house. I had them for a bit, but they've long been replaced.

Just a couple of new items for my prop collection.

I've wanted this for a while. Luckily I live close to the Christmas Story house, so I could save on shipping. It's indescribably beautiful.

No more dust on my training remote.

I custom framed my BTTF edition USA Today paper for about $15. Came out alright.

This room used to be my office/guest bedroom/collection room. I'm working at home full time now, so now it's just my office/collection room. I got into collecting transformers and needed some space to display my new hobby. I got rid of my futon and other than the wall mounted shelves, things got moved around a bit. I'll post pics at some point of the new set up when I get a chance.

Reaction score
Been a while since I've picked up anything SW related. This piece was a little pricey, but the detail is amazing. I can picture GL spinning it around before approving it. The fact that it comes with Mr. Tippett's autograph is a sweet bonus.

Last edited: