BoboFatt's Collection (updated 9/8/12)

Reaction score
Your collection has really evolved......continued success

James
Much to the chargin of my wife! Thanks

I just read your thread from start to finish and I have to say your collection is amazing!

Wow that's a lot to plow through. Hopefully much more to come. Thanks for nice words. There are a number of fantastic collections on these boards, much nicer than mine. I encourage you check them out.

Reaction score
A few new toys...

First up, the Chalis of Kali from SS:

Next up, a fan made CryoCan from Jurassic Park...I've wanted one of these for awhile:

GB trap and BTTF hoover bard, both from Matty:

The whole gang of non-Star Wars prop replicas:

And the wait is over...

Just for fun...

I had all these as a kid. Thanks to a fellow scummer, I again have a full set of ESB Presto Magix, complete with display:

I installed some LEDs in my vintage display case, complete with remote:

Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I'm officially out of room unless I start moving some furniture. I actually have to move some tonight to squeeze the TIE into a better spot.

Reaction score
Awesome Collection Bobafatt

Thanks Ham, haven't seen you around in a while.

I just realized I joined this forum 4yrs ago today. Happy anniversary to me. :eek:
HI Bobafatt, What an awesome collection - and very neatly presented as well?? Gives me something to aim for??

Regards, Andrew B

Reaction score
Bobofatts Collection (Updated 4/26/13)

A small update. I finally broke down and bought a Detolf. Everyone and their brother has one, but it was the best option to display a few of my non-Star Wars replicas. After a long search, I was also able to track down a SS Idol for a reasonable price.

I also got some great custom plaques and needed plaque stands to hold them. I was having a hard time finding the plaque stands I needed, so I ended up making my own. It's my first attempt. They aren't perfect, but they'll do. They run a little small and they have small imperfections. I was thinking about doing a run of them. I'll see how many are interested and I'll see how many I can make and figure out a price. Since these are less than perfect, I'm thinking (not written in stone) probably around $6 a stand. If anyone is looking for less than perfect plaque stands for a good price, please let me know.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Sergiu. He is indeed very creepy. It's a prop replica like no other. Almost impossible to recreate by hand from scratch, which makes this so much more cooler. It's as close as you can get to owning a screen used one without having to spent thousands on. I've got a lot a pieces I love, but I think this one is right up there near or at the top.

Reaction score
Very cool mask/prop Donnie ................ sorry i mean BoboFatt :grin:.

Reaction score
I don't have to tell you that this hobby is not only expensive, but it's also a space eater. This post isn't about a new piece, but rather me reclaiming my basement. I ended up getting a lot of space from a previously wasted area...right above my garage door.

It's long and wide, about 22'*8', but a very narrow 21" high. Moving boxes up there is a like a real life Tetris, claustrophobic style. All my boxes are now out of my basement. Another step closer to my cave.

Old spot in the basement

In the Garage

Future home

Mission accomplished!

Reaction score
Storing boxes is very important for the collectibles we have. Very cool idea there! I have all mine in the attic.

Reaction score
Good job, BoboFatt....I am at this point right now at my house...since my girlfriend moved in and space has really been cut down. Neat to see what you've done.

Reaction score
You got that right Serg, moving, selling, there are plenty of reasons to keep those big brown boxes. Once I put the boxes up there my wife asked why I still needed them (I guess she forgot about them for the seven years they've been in the basement). She just doesn't understand. I think she's watched to many episodes of hoarders. I thought about the attic as well. Don't need to use it for now, but I might use the space for my boxes in the future.

Dave, I hope your girlfriend understands quickely about how this hobby works. My wife still doesn't get it and she's been around it for years! :grin:

Reaction score
I don't get on the boards like I used to. I've also slowed down a bit on the purchases. I did buy a few things for a display that I currently have no room for. So I just set up the items and snapped a pic to see how they look together. It's for a display I'll call "Origins of the Lightsaber". Hopefully I'll eventually get room to display it permanently. I plan on writing up a little historical back story on the Lightsaber and the real world items used to create it. I'll display the story with the items, like a museum might. I think people checking out my collection in person that are not in the know, will find it interesting to learn what a lightsaber really is made from.

Reaction score
I don't get on the boards like I used to. I've also slowed down a bit on the purchases. I did buy a few things for a display that I currently have no room for. So I just set up the items and snapped a pic to see how they look together. It's for a display I'll call "Origins of the Lightsaber". Hopefully I'll eventually get room to display it permanently. I plan on writing up a little historical back story on the Lightsaber and the real world items used to create it. I'll display the story with the items, like a museum might. I think people checking out my collection in person that are not in the know, will find it interesting to learn what a lightsaber really is made from.

Thats a fantastic idea for a display.... original and interesting :)

Congrats on coming up with a fresh idea

Reaction score
Thats a fantastic idea for a display.... original and interesting :)

Congrats on coming up with a fresh idea
Thanks. I was going to go the same route with Vader's, but those MPP flashes are very, very expensive.

Overall you have such an AWESOME collection!!
Thanks for taking a peek. I know there were a lot of phases it went through.

Reaction score
Really nice collection and setup you have there.
Its just remarkable how props were made before with practical objects that were available back then.
Makes me think too about pickingup and how to display those razor blade handles used as comlinks by
Quigon and Obiwan in TPM :)

Reaction score
Really nice collection and setup you have there.
Its just remarkable how props were made before with practical objects that were available back then.
Makes me think too about pickingup and how to display those razor blade handles used as comlinks by
Quigon and Obiwan in TPM :)
Yes prop builders are very creative. Makes the hobby that much more fun and interesting.

Really like your lightsaber collection, well done.
Thanks, many years went in to completing that collection.

A couple of small updates.

First up, this vintage mix or match book. I had this as a kid and loved making insane sentences.

Next up, my redone BTTF display.

And lastly, I finally got an acrylic top for my TIE...and a shot of my ANH SS ships together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are the poster frames the front load snap frames, if so how well do thy work?
If you're asking about the Olly prints, no. They are insanely priced custom frames. I wanted those prints to have a large matboard that was equal on all sides. I also needed them protected from UV light. Last but not least, I did not want them dry mounted which would ruin the print. I had them use archival mounting strips which is reversible since no adhesive ever touches the print. All this meant no off the shelf frames.

Reaction score
Fantastic collection. I like your layout a lot, very tasteful. Man, that Han Solo blaster is sweeeeet!

Reaction score
Life's finally slowed down just a bit, so per the request of Catch, here are my latest updates.

First is a revamp of my Falcon stand. Long story short, my plan was to water proof my basement so I could finish it and make it my new home for my collection. I got ripped off by an dbag and needless to say, I'm not getting my basement done anytime soon. Sooooo, due to lack of room in my office for individual pedestals for my 1:1 statues, I decided to create a plexiglass front to my Falcon stand to keep the dust out. It was a cheap alternative (cost me under $50) and I didn't have to spare any additional room.

To make my mods, I simply pried off the trim I put on the front (pic 1), put some brackets on those pieces forming it into a frame (pic 2), cut plexiglass to size, screwed the plexi into the frame (pic 2), put a black foam around the edge to make a tight seal (pic 3), then put hinges on it so I could get in and out as needed. I'm happy to say that the final result came out exactly as I planned. It looks nice with the lights.

My next project was making a pedestal stand for my xwing. It's was my first attempt at using MDF. I don't have the right tools to make the cuts I need. I'm not happy with the final results, but it's functional and was under $30 to make. It'll have to do for now. When I finally get to do my basement up right, I'll try again, but for now here you go...

Last edited: