BoboFatt's Collection (updated 9/8/12)

Reaction score
Congrats on the Y-wing, I have been chasing one for years now.
Thanks panther...hopefully your chase will end in success one day.

Hey guys, I need some help. I want to paint my office/collection room in a SW theme. I have above average talent with the paint brush. As long as it's mostly straight lines that I can cut with tape. Here is an example of what I can do. Pics of my Beatles Yellow Submarine bathroom below (tried my own crude version of panoramic). I was thinking of a death star type wall, but I'm not sure how I'd pull it off. Anyone have ideas on a relatively easy SW type wall I can paint would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
This looks simply awesome!! I like bright colors in a room or bathroom/kitchen! And great theme too! Waiting to see the SW theme. Maybe something Tatooine?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This looks simply awesome!! I like bright colors in a room or bathroom/kitchen! And great theme too! Waiting to see the SW theme. Maybe something Tatooine?
Thanks guys. That room isn't complete yet either. I still have a couple of replicas to get for the bathroom. Man what's wrong with me, replicas for the bathroom????:rolleyes: No wonder why my wife can't stand me.

I'm sorry to say the Tatooine will most likely not work. The room has a lot of black to it, cabinets, shelves, frames, etc. That's why I'm leaning towards a "death starish" type theme.

Maybe I can do a SD bridge with the big open windows?

Reaction score
Death Star/Star Destroyer bridge would be even better. But a lot more work since you need special panels with lights. But in the end it will be GREAT! Keep us posted :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Death Star/Star Destroyer bridge would be even better. But a lot more work since you need special panels with lights. But in the end it will be GREAT! Keep us posted :)
No lights or panels. I would only be working with paint for the "effects" (like the bathroom). Any ideas are welcome!

Reaction score
Very interesting!! Can't wait to see how you make it! I would like a Death Star/Star Destroyer room. If I ever win the lottery (though I don't play LOL :D) that will be the first thing to do after buying a bigger house

Reaction score
Very interesting!! Can't wait to see how you make it! I would like a Death Star/Star Destroyer room. If I ever win the lottery (though I don't play LOL :D) that will be the first thing to do after buying a bigger house
I haven't actually made a decision yet on what I will end up doing with the walls in my office. I'm still hoping for some ideas from you guys.

In the mean time, I had an idea for a custom plaque for my Falcon. I've been going back and forth for a while with Panther about the idea and I think this last version is it, or at least really close. I was interested in your guys opinions. Do you think this a good final product or do you have suggestions on changes?

Thanks

[

Reaction score
Thanks guys

Since everyone was ok with the basic design, I just had one last modification do decide. I had panther do another mock up with the ESB logo and the 3720 : 1 resized. which do you think is better?

option1:

option2:

Reaction score
Lots of stuff going on collection-wise. I commisioned my first fan made piece, which also happens to be my first non-Star Wars replica. Picked up the last items on my immediate want list and having some more custom cases made.

Most import, water proofing the basement soon. The first step in creating a new home for my collection.

New pics in the weeks to come.

Reaction score
A number of updates. First up, the final pieces to complete my MR LE collection - Medal of Yavin and TR.

The ESB clapper replica is a fun little item that goes well with my ESB/Hoth display.

I made another display case for my Ywing. It's finally safe and free of dust. The case matches the one I had made for my Xwing nicely.

And here we have my custom Falcon plaque. It came out well and fits nicely with the other two stock plaques. To pay tribute to the man, I hung up my McQuarrie print on the Falcon cabinet.

Next up, some vintage stuff. I was able to get a pair of Underoos for a decent price off of fleabay. I think it a good compliment to my vintage "non-toy" display.

I was able to obtain the last toy saber to complete my vintage saber collection...the elusive green one. I think the three vintage toy sabers together above my MR lightsaber collection fit well together.

I refinished my bathroom and ended up with an extra shelf, slapped on some black paint and stuck some vintage stuff from my childhood (pop up book, old VHS copy of Star Wars, some well placed die cast ships, old LP and voila instant vintage episode IV display.

I'm also getting my basement waterproofed in the next couple of weeks. This is the first step in converting my basement into a movie museum. I'll have one main Star Wars room and rest of the basement will be a mix of other movies. So I started purchasing prop replicas from other movies that will eventually go in that collection.

First up, a replica of the PKE meter from Ghostbusters made by Matty Collector. It's a cool little piece that lights up, makes noises, and has moving parts like it does in the movie.

And here is my first fan made replica...the map from Time Bandits. This is the weathered end credits verision. It is a great looking piece and will be eventually be custom framed.

Last new piece is another fan made item. It is a small but cool little replica of the family photo from Back to the Future. It has a neat motion feature that shows the family being "erased" from existence. I tried to take pics of the disapearing effect.

To close it out, here are a few collection pics to show how everything ties together. In this first pic you can see I dug out a couple of posters including a vintage poster of the first 79 figures, which so happens to be what I have displayed in the cabinet above.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice collection BoboFatt, like the way you've laid it all out & the shelving unit for the light sabers is great!!! B)

Reaction score
Very neat and cl**** display. Love the vintage 79 cabinet and BTTF photo awesome!

Reaction score
Brilliant updates, man. I love the mix of vintage with the high end stuff. Keep it comin!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You have a great collection bud and have come along away since I first saw those tall un-painted wood shelves. Bravo!
Thanks

Yeah, those are now in the basement holding photo albums. Because of RS, I see so many different collection displays, styles, and set ups that it make me want to do more.

Brilliant updates, man. I love the mix of vintage with the high end stuff. Keep it comin!

Thanks Andy. Actually when I get my basement done, I will most likely end up seperating the "toys" from the prop replicas. For now I have such limited space I have to find creative ways to put it all together.

Reaction score
I just read your thread from start to finish and I have to say your collection is amazing!