BoboFatt's Collection (updated 9/8/12)

Reaction score
Re: BoboFatt\'s Collection

Wow,your vintage shelf is a absolute great looking item.RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

Chris, it does bring back fond memories having my old toys in my collection. I like the fact that the are not mint in any way. Seeing all the paint worn off my hoth figures boots almost puts me back in my grandma's yard playing in the snow.

Catch, I'm glad you like it. Unlike you, I don't have talented friends that would build me one...so I had to pay someone else to do it.
But I am happy with the end result.

Reaction score

BoboFatt said:
Thanks guys.

Chris, it does bring back fond memories having my old toys in my collection. I like the fact that the are not mint in any way. Seeing all the paint worn off my hoth figures boots almost puts me back in my grandma's yard playing in the snow.

Catch, I'm glad you like it. Unlike you, I don't have talented friends that would build me one...so I had to pay someone else to do it.
Now i/my best friend must remodel my display
!

Reaction score

catch said:
BoboFatt said:
Thanks guys.

Now i/my best friend must remodel my display
!
We all would look forward to that I'm sure.

Reaction score

It might seem strange to most, but I really like this ultra micro falcon. So I made it a partner with the MR Falcon and I really like them together. I think displaying one of the largest offically licensed Falcons with one of the smallest just works. It's only about the size of my pinky finger nail. Feel free to call me crazy.

Reaction score

Thanks rardge, but I'm not selling anything from my limelight thread.

I must be feeling nostalgic, because I’ve been interested in pieces that remind me of my childhood. I know it’s yet another post of non-prop related items, but it’s my thread.

The lunch boxes are not perfect, but there are in pretty good shape. The insides particularly are clean and white and they even come with the instructions. The star wars bottle is actually the one I used in elementary school. It’s all I have left. So here is my newest part of my vintage collection –

Reaction score

Thanks guys. Since there hasn't been a lot of new 1:1 scale items, I've been turning back to vintage things. I have a couple of other vintage items I'd like to get. More pics to come when I aquire them.

Reaction score

Finally a little sun and warmth on one of my days off. This is my first pic of my first project of the year...the materials. Any guesses to what I'm making?

Reaction score

A death star base, icons style... or are you going the mirrored base way?

Reaction score

I am still in awe over that complete vintage figure collection and display!

Man, that is so unique. What a special piece. If you ever want to sell....

Reaction score

Wow Dagobah would be cool. I thought about the death star base and almost bought some pieces to do it. I really wanted to wait to see what the TIE base was going to be and match it, but Brian never answered my question.

It will be a mirrored base to match all the other SS displays. Doing a custom base makes it easy to change at any time in the future...good option to have.

After everything is said and done, it should cost around $100...far less then the case EFX was offering.

SirT thanks - almost a complete collection of vintage figs, still missing 16 of the last 17. I don't foresee selling it anytime soon, but the guy who made the case will make them for whoever has the cash.

On a side note, I got some good news. I have 3 leaks in my basement which is preventing me from finishing it. I got a quote for one leak and it's not nearly as much as I planned on, so...hopefully the other leaks will be reasonable to fix and I can start finishing my basement/museum soon!

Lots of projects, ideas, WIP pics, and new collectibles to come. Keep this in your favorites because this should be a good year!

Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken Bryan mentioned that Tie's base is going to be a mirrored square so we can add the acrylic cover.....I'm not 100% sure but almost

Reaction score

I know I read that it was going to be ready to put an acrylic top on it, but I didn't see any place that it would be mirrored. If anything, I thought it'd be the brushed steel to match the xwing case, ashoka saber, etc. Do you know where you might have seen the info? I'd really like confirmation.

THX

Gianco_Fett said:
If I'm not mistaken Bryan mentioned that Tie's base is going to be a mirrored square so we can add the acrylic cover.....I'm not 100% sure but almost

Reaction score

My bad, you are absolutely right, square base but not mirrored...brushed steel style most probably. I read it at the tie fighter thread if I remember correct...

Reaction score

Man, you're teasing me, I was hoping you knew something I didn't. oh well...we'll have to wait and see.

Gianco_Fett said:
My bad, you are absolutely right, square base but not mirrored...brushed steel style most probably. I read it at the tie fighter thread if I remember correct...

Reaction score

Where did you buy that vintage case from?...that's awesome. I need one pronto!

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Cool. Is it for busts of figures?
Thanks Sergiu, no I don't do busts or figures any more. That's the future home for my lightsabers. I've been running out of room for a while and this is how I'm going to gain some back...a lot smaller then my three bookcases.

Reaction score

BoboFatt said:
Sergiu said:
Cool. Is it for busts of figures?
Thanks Sergiu, no I don't do busts or figures any more. That's the future home for my lightsabers. I've been running out of room for a while and this is how I'm going to gain some back...a lot smaller then my three bookcases.
cool shelf

I know how you feel about the lack of room

I have very small amount of space left...and I began to look after 1:1 helmets
OMG what to do???

Reaction score

forcesensitive said:
cool shelf

I know how you feel about the lack of room

I have very small amount of space left...and I began to look after 1:1 helmets
OMG what to do???
Money and room have kept me out of bucket collecting. Good luck on figuring that one out.

Reaction score

This is going to look great! I cant wait to see it completed!

Reaction score

Couple of new toys. A vintage, never used lightsaber and my first MR SE prop. I'm very pleased with both. Both were courtesy of fellow scummers. Almost done with my new shelf. More pics to come.

Reaction score

Nice pick up's.... been looking for a nice Vintage saber myself.

Reaction score

Congrats on the Thermal Detonator Bobo! Signature Edition, double nice!!! I'm also looking for one, someday.....

Update about your X-Wing base?