Bobablarcfett SCAM on ebay!

Reaction score
Ok I hope everyone is sitting comfortably!

This is a long one but what has started out as a weird guy looking for some hobby recognition has turned now into a full blown scam attempt on ebay..

Bobablarcfett (AKA John) emails me a few weeks back and informs me that he wants to submit some pictures to my site for the miscard feature page, a Yak Face on Warok card that he recently bought. He mentions that he is also working on acquiring an ERG/Vader miscard from a collector called Jose Rivearez.
Naturally when I hear ERG/Vader I knew I hadn't seen or heard of such a combination and although I didn't ask for pictures of it I was certainly interested to hear more.

He sent on some pictures of the Yak Face and then without any prompting he forwarded a link to a photobucket album with the user name JoseRivearez.
This is the picture in JoseRivearez's album

ergmiscardalbum.png

At first I have to admit even though the chances of this miscard being real were slim (given who was involved) I still got pretty excited. I told John to get some better pictures if he were to buy it because it's not a known miscard combination and I wouldn't want anyone scammed..

He mentioned in his email that "Jose" wanted to remain anonymous if I used the picture on my site. The next day I got thinking to myself, is it fake? is it real?
One thing that was weird is that the pictures John sent me of the Yak/Warok miscard on his real photobucket album had not been renamed and still had their image titles straight from the camera, the two pictures on his account were titled DSC010612 and DSC010614. Strangely Jose's ERG/Vader card was titled DSC010615..
I hadn't heard anything from John since that email but I did a bit of snooping..here is a reminder of the ERG Trilogo card:

dsc01615-1-1.jpg

Now, if it was fake, where did John get his hands on an ERG cardback to fake it? Well I remember a little while ago there was a cracked bubble ERG for sale and I am pretty sure that John bought it. In fact after checking his TIG profile I realised why I thought something was fishy..

This is John's Avatar on TIG, it's the ERG cardback he bought which clearly shows the figure can be removed and exchanged for another.
John's TIG profile

In the email I got from John he even points out that he thinks Jose is "showing off his Jawa collection" in the photo, surprise surprise in John's ebay bid history you can see he has bought two himself.
Here is his feedback (I edited the images of the "Adult material" so it's safe for RS )

blarcfeedback.png

I wanted to find out if John’s intention was to try to scam me or someone else with this figure or he had just created it for some hobby fame. I asked if the figure was for sale and for more pictures.
John said that Jose was out of town for two weeks on holiday and would ask him if he would sell it to him, if the price was too high he would let me know in case I wanted it.
Five days later John replies and said that not only does Jose have this miscard but he also has a Lobot figure on a Madine card and many others. Now he also has prices, the ERG/Vader is $2600 and the Lobot/Madine is $7000.
As my aim was to see if John was intent on selling this figure to someone even though it was fake I said I was still interested even at that price.

Since then I have not heard a peep out of John but today I get forwarded a link from a friend to a miscard on ebay, yes you guessed it guys-

Darth Vader on Emperors Royal Guard Miscard

Description-
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Here I have for You
Darth Vader on Emperors Royal Guard Card
Trilogo
Miscard
There are 2 cracks in the bubble
I have done my best to show them
There is a Crack on each side
Left and Right
On Top Of Bubble
As you can see the middle of the bubble is still sealed
The Right Side crack extends more than the Left
I have never heard of a Miscard of this magnitude
I was going to send it to AFA , but WHY?
So they can score it a 50 or 40
I figured I would probably get the same amount no matter if it was graded or not.
The card has no damage as I can see.

Enjoy and Good Luck.

[/QUOTE]

Please report this item as fake so no-one gets stung guys, the more the better! I was hoping I wasn't going to have to put all this on the forum and Blarc was going to go away but it seems he is very capable of scamming the community now and this has gone way beyond trying to get his name out here as some super collector!

*If any pictures show dead links (red x) please refresh, they are there!

Can't understand why people go above and beyond to scam a fellow collector and having their name and fame smudged for a few $$$.

Great investigation Joe, you are becoming CSI of vintage SW.

Thanks for the heads up.

Brilliant Work Joe !

cant wait to see what Grade AFA give it
tongue.gif

quote on ebay listing !

(I have been contacted by several people who are a little worried of its authenticity as it isn't a Miscard bubble. So I have decided to get AFA approval. Will be back up once graded.) ha ha
crazy.gif

Wow Joe, that is a great piece of detective work there dude. I cant believe the lengths people will go to for money. Quite an eye opener- before I was tempted to bid on some of his auctions, but I was always worried he would change his mind.... now he has deliberately faked a miscard I have no doubts.

As for the last two items he bought I found hilarious! Star Wars and [censored].... It really helps peoples perceptions of Star Wars collectors!!

Thats terrible, I didn't even know Boob Squad 11 was out!
smile.gif

Seriously though, it doesn't surprise me! I don't think a big enough warning can be made about this guy! He is the most dishonest buyer/seller I have ever come across. It seems that not even a week can go by without him trying some sort of scam or dishonest practice. People need to stay well clear of this guy and his auctions. It amazes me that he is still able to trade on ebay. It amazes me even more that people are prepared to risk dealing with him.

Great detective work Joe. I've never known someone with such a great eye for detail. Do you have a photographic memory?
smile.gif

olisuds said:
Thats terrible, I didn't even know Boob Squad 11 was out!
smile.gif

Ha! I wonder what the squad get up to? John, maybe you could fill us in?!

Vin3po said:
Brilliant Work Joe !
tongue.gif

quote on ebay listing !
(I have been contacted by several people who are a little worried of its authenticity as it isn't a Miscard bubble. So I have decided to get AFA approval. Will be back up once graded.) ha ha
crazy.gif

This seems to be his standard MO. He did the same thing recently with a DT Vader that he cobbled together.
Fake DT Vader on Ebay
Ultimately, it was rejected for the fake inner saber, but he relisted it anyway.
Relisted AFA Refusal Vader on Ebay

The real shame here is that John does, and has had some decent stuff from time to time. (and I know John still reads the forums) Simply due to his ebay buying practices (getting sellers to end auctions, etc), and coming up with garbage like this, I will never do any sort of deal or business with him after seeing this auction. Consider this the last straw John .... you just broke it. I don't know what your deal is, and I really don't care. What I DO know is that you are crapping on everyone and anyone to make a few bucks off people.

What would have happened if Joe just made a choice to not dig around, or pursue this ? What if he just took it at face value and didn't do the research to provide the evidence ? This is just pathetic ... I guess we need to translate "Not AFA" in any of your auctions as "Complete BS Fake" .. that's a fair assessment based on your previous listings.

Bill

~ Obviously, the POTF2 Gray Vader MOC we discussed is not available to you now, or will ever be for any price. Don't ask or email me, you have been blocked from my personal email account.

Bill_McBride said:
Vin3po said:
Brilliant Work Joe !
tongue.gif

quote on ebay listing !
crazy.gif

This seems to be his standard MO. He did the same thing recently with a DT Vader that he cobbled together.
Fake DT Vader on Ebay
Ultimately, it was rejected for the fake inner saber, but he relisted it anyway.
Relisted AFA Refusal Vader on Ebay

The real shame here is that John does, and has had some decent stuff from time to time. (and I know John still reads the forums) Simply due to his ebay buying practices (getting sellers to end auctions, etc), and coming up with garbage like this, I will never do any sort of deal or business with him after seeing this auction. Consider this the last straw John .... you just broke it. I don't know what your deal is, and I really don't care. What I DO know is that you are crapping on everyone and anyone to make a few bucks off people.

What would have happened if Joe just made a choice to not dig around, or pursue this ? What if he just took it at face value and didn't do the research to provide the evidence ? This is just pathetic ... I guess we need to translate "Not AFA" in any of your auctions as "Complete BS Fake" .. that's a fair assessment based on your previous listings.

Bill

~ Obviously, the POTF2 Gray Vader MOC we discussed is not available to you now, or will ever be for any price. Don't ask or email me, you have been blocked from my personal email account.

Bill, I hear you loud and clear on the assemblage factor. Just wondering if you think the outer saber was legit? I wondered about the letters on the hilt pictured in the auction.

Good work Joe! I am really surprised he didn't re-signup here under a new name and post pictures asking what its worth!!!

finestcomics said:
Bill, I hear you loud and clear on the assemblage factor. Just wondering if you think the outer saber was legit? I wondered about the letters on the hilt pictured in the auction.

The outer saber is authentic and is a "JJ" stamp from what I can remember. I think the relisted auction ended at a fair price, and he did include the rejection letter from AFA. I was watching the original auction, and then it was suddenly ended. (Imagine my surprise when I see it "completed" and relisted with John).
This is something else that bothers me with his general buying habits/ethics - he gets sellers to end auctions early all the time, especially on items that he thinks he can flip. (most recently was a loose POTF2 gray armor Vader sample, which he actually admitted to) Simply based on his MO, I would imagine we'll be seeing a MOC example listed for sale in the near future.

Again, for me this is the last straw with John. You have to consider the source and the seller with anything you are buying from, and knowing that he is manufacturing fakes on a regular basis is enough grounds to put him on the block list. I don't care what his feedback rating is, or even if he has legit AFA items. Not everyone on ebay reads these forums, or is aware of what he is doing. The worst part is that he only "admits" to it *after* he is caught. In this case Joe nailed him, and again he pulled it using the "going to send it to AFA" excuse to placate everyone. Bets on seeing these come back without rejection letters anyone ?
wink.gif

Bill

Seeing the size of those cracks at the top sides of those bubbles in the auction, its quite obvious a figure could have easily been removed and replaced.

I would never even consider something like that even if scam wasnt exposed..... i dont know why ppl risk ruining their reputation for silly things

Lee_Gray said:
Seeing the size of those cracks at the top sides of those bubbles, its obvious a figure could have easily been removed and replaced, so if anyone would actually bid on that, then more fool them.

Actually Lee, I noticed that he used very clever camera angles that only showed the side cracks on this bubble, not once do you see the front from the top which would show the opening. I think this shows an added side to the deception where he literally hid the flaws that would prove this was fake from all the people who would have bid on this.

Here are the auction pictures again notice that in all the bubble close ups he hasn't shown the top front once (out of 3 chances!)

bubble1.png

bubble2.png

bubble3.png

I think there were going to be two possible outcomes if this auction had run it's course, either Blarc would have not sent the item to the winner, because perhaps he wanted to see how much people would bid this up to for his own pleasure.. or he would have sent it and blamed the extra crack (which is not shown) on damage in transit.

Once again there really is no doubt in my mind this is the same card, even if you play devils advocate and discount the camera image names being from the same camera and even following in order of when they were taken, even if you forgive him lying about the owner (when it was quite clear it was him pretending to be "Jose") and you disregard his less than stellar past on the forums (lying about items he owned etc) you just have to look at the card very closely and notice on the left of the card there is a tiny white fleck on the border near the ERG's chest- it's visible in both his avatar picture and the one on ebay
smile.gif

Sorry John, I could almost deal with you trying to lie to me and get me to put a questionable item onto my site but I won't sit back and let you try to scam others with your weird and wonderful creations.

It's time you got a new hobby because all the doors are closed for you in this one.

Just for the record im sure AFA will not grade this item as the cracks are big enough to obviously slip a figure in and out of much like the infamous carded DT figures that caused huge controversy a few years back. So ultimately John will be wasting his time and cash if he attempted to have this Frankenstein piece graded.

Just my 2 pence worth.

G.
smile.gif

Looks like some red fuzz residue on the plastic cracks and inner bubble as well-that makes this comical. Must have some from the rare red velvet caped vader. His scams have almost become a monthly featurette.

Cal

Great stuff Joe...there's even that same tiny white dot defect on the right border of the card near the shoulder of the picture of the ERG...that can be seen in both pictures.

This is all the more reason to question the 21 back Stormtrooper from before. Or perhaps the 21 back Stormtrooper was a setup for future scams. As the hobby has seen in the past, quality legitimate items mixed in with fakes can cause alot of confusion and can equate to big money for scammers. This guy has been playing people for awhile...

-Will

I don't know if I should laugh or cry!
Very thorough as always, Joe.
John! If you are reading....bwahahahhahahahahaaha! You're a farken idiot.

I always knew that this guy was a fraudster.

He should be banned from here and SWF and TIG also.

[censored]!!!

calevans83 said:
Looks like some red fuzz residue on the plastic cracks and inner bubble as well-that makes this comical. Must have some from the rare red velvet caped vader. His scams have almost become a monthly featurette.

Cal

Ha! That damn macro setting
grin.gif

He actually forgot he took the Erg out and replaced it with the Vader. It can happen
tongue.gif
I think he may have Alzheimers, like the late Nick.M.

After missing the recent Harbert Yoda on Ebay by probably a matter of seconds, I was searching around to find out where it went only to find out this tool got it, from the thread it sounds like he did get banned.

SWF

Then he claims he didn't get it graded to sell, guess he changed his mind pretty quick.

Harbert Yoda Auction

I still can't believe this thing sold for $150 originally. I contacted him not knowing who he was to see if he wanted to close the auction early, what a complete [censored]! this outing made my day!
grin.gif

He really should have waited to try to pull this off untill his yak face miscard was sold, even though thats legit hes bound to lose out on extra bidders who now wont deal with him after this.

Lee_Gray said:
He really should have waited to try to pull this off untill his yak face miscard was sold, even though thats legit hes bound to lose out on extra bidders who now wont deal with him after this.
You reap what you sow... I was watching the Yak Face auction out of mere curiosity and noticed the bidding completely screeched to a halt just as soon as Joe shed light on the scamming situation. Ended at $810 ...

Hilarious!! Especially when you consider he has $1400 into it, plus his AFA costs...

But, given his ebay history, I imagine he won't follow through with the winning bidder. He balked on several auctions earlier this year when prices didn't climb as high as he'd hoped... The guy is certifiably toast. Time for a new name, new address, new handle, new hobby...

Nice catch with the image names Joe. Also, thanks for making a long story equally easy to follow and entertaining too!

The red fluff on those eBay pictures is hilarious. Hmmmm... cracked bubble & missing ERG... hmmmm.... red fluff all around bubble cracks where ERG would have been pulled out... hmmmm

Leif

I am glad the thread was easy to read thanks for saying so
smile.gif

Even I missed the red fluff which now looking at the pictures is glaringly obvious! lol

Before I end this post I must show you guys this, I have no idea how we all missed it on ebay but I can't remember it being discussed on any of the boards..

I present to you the Boba "Blarc " Fett prototype, complete with Kenner tags (just in case you doubted its authenticity)

fettfake.png

fakeblarcfett.png

grin.gif

Makes me SICK that this guy is in the NorthEast. I'm in Maine, and it shames me when people of New England set out to screw fellow members. It sickens me when people try to screw collectors in general, but having him so close to home sucks. Hopefully I never figure out who he is and see him at a show!

Rasputin

What bothers me the most about this guy is that he never goes away. Seems like he lives for this sort of attention.

I remember this dude from about 8 months ago and that Vader with the messed up light saber. Good work on pointing this guy out.

bobablarcfett:
"Thirdly we have a notorious miscard. It is the only one like it out there. It is a Wedge Antilles on a Luke X-Wing Card and has been professionally graded by AFA receiving a grade of 85. This figure is unique not only for being a miscard but the fact that the Wedge figure was never released on the card but only in the POTF2 Millineum Falcon Carrying Case which included an exclusive to the Carrying Case Wedge action figure seen here on a Luke Card. Another thing that is interesting is that I don't believe they released a canadian version of the millineum falcon which included wedge, so for the wedge to wind up on a canadian card makes it even wilder."

This is my favorite figure, Luke Skywalker (in X-Wing Pilot Gear) was release originally in '95 Red Card, the Millennium Carry Case with Wedge Antilles was release in '97, but wait this gets even better:

potf2xwingcompare.jpg

The first Wedge was release originally with "black boots" and Luke's helmet but then later corrected. If you check his photos you will see that it was a simple head swap from Luke's (grey boots).

$(KGrHqUOKpoE6W0oDoCnBOvW07U)pQ~~60_3.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder if the AFA grade is legit or not, then. You'd think they catch something like this, maybe not. All of these seem really sketchy though, just saying.

(I know I'm not a Vintage collector, but you guys have some of the most interesting conversations and even more interesting items [fake and legitimate] versus the Modern era stuff. I hope you guys don't mind me popping in every once in a while.)

Back