Boba fett (Vintage card) - 40th ESB Anniversary

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the 40th anniversary Boba Fett 6" figure that'll be released on a vintage card.

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
I don't need this for my collection, not even positive if I'd open it. Still going to get one regardless, wonder if we'll get more characters like this or not.

Just wierd for this line to finally make something OT I don't feel like I need.

Reaction score
Interesting, but I wish he used his movie colors so he could go better with the other 40th Anniversary figures. Is this the only 40th Empire figure Hasbro is doing...? After they knocked it out of the part with the 2017 40th line, I kinda had high hopes for a similar ESB-themed wave.

Reaction score
The fan vote was for the ESB 40TH line, so safe to say we're at least getting one wave and Dagobah Luke.

Reaction score
What figures do you think we'll be getting? The original Star Wars wave was just twelve figures, whereas ESB's was a lot more. If they stick to just twelve, though, I wonder how they'll do the selection.

Reaction score
I'd probably get one if I could easily and a reasonable price.
Don't really feel like I need it badly though.

Reaction score
Starwarstheblackseries revealed on IG that he will be available on other conventions besides SDCC:
Fan Expo in Canada, PAX in Australia, ACG in Hong KOng, Comic-Con in Portugal, Comic-Con in Madrid, Salon Manga in Barcelona, Lucca Comic & Games in Italy, London MCM Comic-Con, Unboxing Toy Convention in Mexico, Asia Comic-Con in Malaysia and STGCC in Singapore. There will be more cons to be confirmed.

Reaction score
Starwarstheblackseries revealed on IG that he will be available on other conventions besides SDCC:
Fan Expo in Canada, PAX in Australia, ACG in Hong KOng, Comic-Con in Portugal, Comic-Con in Madrid, Salon Manga in Barcelona, Lucca Comic & Games in Italy, London MCM Comic-Con, Unboxing Toy Convention in Mexico, Asia Comic-Con in Malaysia and STGCC in Singapore. There will be more cons to be confirmed.
And by "he" I mean Boba Kenner Fett :)

Reaction score
Think of this...they will repack as many empire figs as they can...so i think this will get 2 or 3 waves.

Reaction score
I hope this ends up on Haslab instead of having to pay $100+ on ebay.

GNT

Reaction score
Might pick up one if I can find it, this one I'll just leave carded on the shelf.

Reaction score
Lame. Easy pass for me.

Another wasted slot that could have been spent on a far better choice from ESB.

Better choices: Dagobah Landing/Snowspeeder Pilot Luke, Jacket-less Han with torture rack, Battle Damage Bespin Luke. Or Willrow Hood (yes, really).

Reaction score
Lame. Easy pass for me.

Another wasted slot that could have been spent on a far better choice from ESB.

Better choices: Dagobah Landing/Snowspeeder Pilot Luke, Jacket-less Han with torture rack, Battle Damage Bespin Luke. Or Willrow Hood (yes, really).
How is a con exclusive a "wasted slot"?

Reaction score
Interesting, but I wish he used his movie colors so he could go better with the other 40th Anniversary figures. Is this the only 40th Empire figure Hasbro is doing...? After they knocked it out of the part with the 2017 40th line, I kinda had high hopes for a similar ESB-themed wave.
I would guarantee that he will have his movie colors on the figure that is released with the actual wave of TESB 40th. On a cardback for TESB as well. This one is on a SW cardback like the original was briefly before TESB came out (after the mail away figures release). I still remember how amazing it was the first time seeing Boba on a cardback. That artwork for the cardback was incredible, considering at the time there was nothing else showing a realistic Boba in action.

Reaction score
Well it is 2019 the 21 back Fett came out in 1979. So I could see them celebrating the 40th anniversary of his release. I kind of called it too after the x-wing Pilot Luke we got at Celebration 8.

I would guarantee that he will have his movie colors on the figure that is released with the actual wave of TESB 40th. On a cardback for TESB as well. This one is on a SW cardback like the original was briefly before TESB came out (after the mail away figures release). I still remember how amazing it was the first time seeing Boba on a cardback. That artwork for the cardback was incredible, considering at the time there was nothing else showing a realistic Boba in action.

Reaction score
Only a few weeks away from hopefully getting this figure somehow off Hasbro Pulse.

Reaction score
So I'm usually a vintage collector, so I'm not used to this Hasbro Pulse stuff. Do things tend to go on sale the day of the con or what?

Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the card art on these Redux figures. Kind of reminiscent of TAC, but not sure about them. Something odd about buying 6" figures on a card i guess.

Reaction score
I gave Hasbro an earful yesterday. I told them if they thought Obi-wan and Maul sold out in seconds. The Vintage style Fett is going to be a blood bath. If they don’t fix the limit people can order. Makes me wonder how many of Kenobi and maul people ordered? If there was no limit. Folks probably order 10-30 of them.

Reaction score
Not counting on getting one and refuse to pay scalper prices. My concern is the luke 3 pack...ugh

Reaction score
I'm looking at this and see the stormtrooper rifle....do you think Hasbro will release this figure in the regular 40th anniversary next year exactly the same but without the stormtrooper rifle???