Boba Fett - VC09

Reaction score
Looks like we have a painting variant (prototype coloring) coming in the standard TVC line - separate from the rocket-firing mail-away figure.

'78

Reaction score
Re: Boba Fett - TVC##

Weird. The carded figure on the wall--and the Fett in the slideshow--seem to be the Evo Boba mold, or at least something similar and with ESB coloring.

But the loose figure on display? VOTC ROTJ-deco Fett.

Weird. And no sign of a preproduction/Kenner-deco Boba, that I've seen anyway (besides the actual Kenner reproduction for the mail-away--love it!). Where'd that info come from?

Reaction score

Carded and loose are definitely different. I'd hope someone would ask about that and get some clarification.

Reaction score

Y'know, I might be one of very few people here who would have loved to see a Evolution Boba Fett repainted to look like his vintage incarnation as a Mail-Away.

Don't get me wrong, the actual vintage reproduction is a nice idea, but having a Boba Fett similar to the CV "Zuckuss" 4-LOM would really interest me more and this slot would be a great place for it, IMO.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Y'know, I might be one of very few people here who would have loved to see a Evolution Boba Fett repainted to look like his vintage incarnation as a Mail-Away.

Don't get me wrong, the actual vintage reproduction is a nice idea, but having a Boba Fett similar to the CV "Zuckuss" 4-LOM would really interest me more and this slot would be a great place for it, IMO.
No I would have been ok with that. I mean I love the one we're getting but that would have been nice too.

This figure (the single carded one) is garbage. It's just that dumb Evo one with its dumb temura morrison head on a nice card.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:

I actually would have preferred that as well.

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
Tyrannusspotting said:

I actually would have preferred that as well.
That would be cool. They did the Holiday Special version so it wouldn't be unthinkable. I think I'll pick this one up even if it's a straight repack. There's just something about Boba Fett on a vintage card.

Reaction score

Is that a repaint of the POTJ 300th Boba Fett? It sure looks like it.

Never mind. I just checked the photo archive and it isn't, but it does look like some old Boba Fett that I have seen before.

Reaction score

In the panel presentation it was said that this version of Fett is the EVO Fett but even more movie accurate. Nothing specific was mentioned though, so it will be interesting to see if this is indeed true. Something tells me it's just the figure we recently got in the ROTS wave.

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
I'm a little confused about this one. We're seeing two different Boba Fett's here.
I just checked the archives again, and it looks to be the Saga 06' version, possibly a repaint, but I can't tell for sure.

Edit: Wrong again. I can't tell which Boba Fett this is a repack of.

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
Mike_S said:
I'm a little confused about this one. We're seeing two different Boba Fett's here.
I just checked the archives again, and it looks to be the Saga 06' version, possibly a repaint, but I can't tell for sure.
Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'm only buying one to keep carded.
Unless there's some type of paint/packaging variation; d'oh!

Reaction score

AdmiralScreed said:
Is that a repaint of the POTJ 300th Boba Fett? It sure looks like it.

Never mind. I just checked the photo archive and it isn't, but it does look like some old Boba Fett that I have seen before.
As has been said before in this very thread, the loose Boba on display is the VOTC ROTJ one. The slideshow & carded one is the Evo Boba (slideshow even has--of all things--a Jango blaster! Obvious error there).

Supposedly it will be even 'more accurate', so perhaps there will be an improved helmet, or--even better--a helmet-head with a rangefinder more like POTJ Boba as opposed to VOTC Boba, and maybe the cape will be improved, too.

Reaction score

So does the helmet indeed come off of this version. That's ashame if it does--I hate those clone heads?

Reaction score

Is this any different from the recent Saga Legends Boba Fett?

Reaction score

Seems odd we'd get another release of him the very next year without it being a different outfit, they ne VC was coming in 10 why the heck even give us a Boba in 09!

Reaction score

WTF is this crap? That evo piece of crap released on the thirtieth of Boba's debut? Seriously hope this is a sick joke. Now all the hunters are definitive except Boba Fett. I mean, come on! The CW mandos are spot on but boba isn't. ugh.

Reaction score

BobaTheFett said:
WTF is this crap? That evo piece of crap released on the thirtieth of Boba's debut? Seriously hope this is a sick joke. Now all the hunters are definitive except Boba Fett. I mean, come on! The CW mandos are spot on but boba isn't. ugh.
Hasbro said in the Q&A there that the deco will be even more accurate or something... so it's POSSIBLE, perhaps, they're upgrading some things. Could be they'll dump the clone head & make a solid helmet-head for the same mold... which wouldn't be too bad. The head/helm, cape, and "emblem? what emblem?" are the only real problems, IMO.

Reaction score

i think it's a testament to where we are in terms of action figure collecting in this day and age that we can call THIS figure a piece of crap. while it may not be ideal, it's certainly better in a lot of ways than previous bobas.

i'm content with my ROTS repaint. however, if there is an "update" i'd prefer a larger helmet (don't mind if its still removable as long as he can look down without the nose poking through the visor...a larger, thicker helmet would help that). that and a shorter cape would make my day.

what i'd really like though is a retool of the VOTC ROTJ fett with a more accurate helmet and movie accurate blaster.

Reaction score

If the helmet does not come off, this is a great figure. Any OT figure with a Temura head is bogus

Reaction score

Blight said:
If the helmet does not come off, this is a great figure. Any OT figure with a Temura head is bogus
Also: Han's coat is blue.

(just figured as long as we're opening cans of worms, we should have a worm-party)

Reaction score

Gah, another fantastic figure. Must try to resist collecting Star Wars figures again (what am I doing here? Um...curiosity...) but Hasbro are making it real hard!!

Reaction score

So far I have passed on all Boba's. I didn't get around to getting the Evolutions version either. This one looks like the Evolutions version with what looks maybe like a better paint job. If this comes up tops, then I'll pick this one up as it will save me wasting time and money getting the Evolutions one if the paint job on this one is better.

Reaction score

There are two Boba's at the show, I thought. There was the packaged one that looked like the Evo Fett and the display model that looked like the old vintage Fett. The vintage Fett had great gauntlets and great detail. If they could do a Fett with the hidden ball jointed shoulders like the vintage one and a GOOD removable mask then i would buy him again. The yellow girl Mandalorian from that EE set had a perfect sized mask for Fett! C'mon Hasbro, don't mess Fett up anymore!

Reaction score

i'm not even sure this is feasible, but i think the ideal ESB fett would probably be a kitbash/repaint featuring the following:

-torso, belt, head, right arm (below the bicep), left arm (below the gauntlet cut) from evolution fett
-crotch, legs, upper arms (to the bicep on right arm, to the gauntlet on left arm) from VOTC fett
-repaint of a larger mando helmet, or a newly sculpted large, stiff helmet
-shorter cape

the only downside of this fett would be the lack of the smaller blaster, but i think it would satisfy most of the grumps people have about EVO fett (small crotchpiece, visible shoulder joints that displace the skull emblem, nosebump in the helmet, long cape). of course some people will take issue with the clone head no matter how well the helmet fits. to them i dunno what to say.

i doubt we'll get such a figure, at least not for some time, but hopefully hasbro will at least give us a better fitting helmet.

Reaction score

monkeyboy said:
i'm not even sure this is feasible, but i think the ideal ESB fett would probably be a kitbash/repaint featuring the following:

-torso, belt, head, right arm (below the bicep), left arm (below the gauntlet cut) from evolution fett
-crotch, legs, upper arms (to the bicep on right arm, to the gauntlet on left arm) from VOTC fett
-repaint of a larger mando helmet, or a newly sculpted large, stiff helmet
-shorter cape

the only downside of this fett would be the lack of the smaller blaster, but i think it would satisfy most of the grumps people have about EVO fett (small crotchpiece, visible shoulder joints that displace the skull emblem, nosebump in the helmet, long cape). of course some people will take issue with the clone head no matter how well the helmet fits. to them i dunno what to say.

i doubt we'll get such a figure, at least not for some time, but hopefully hasbro will at least give us a better fitting helmet.
I really like the repainted Evo sculpt but think that an ultimate Boba would have a working scope on the helmet and a real hair wookie braid ala the Phantom Menace Obi-Wan.

Reaction score

I have skipped avery other Boba Fett figure Hasbro has ever released. I have to pick this one up, since it looks very accurate, and really cool.

Reaction score

Darn you Hasbro. I just scouted stores to purchase The Legacy Boba Fett and you out did him yet again. Oh well, it's worth it.

Reaction score

My only issue with the Evo, Legacy Fett is the Jet Pack not attaching securely.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
BobaTheFett said:
Hasbro said in the Q&A there that the deco will be even more accurate or something... so it's POSSIBLE, perhaps, they're upgrading some things. Could be they'll dump the clone head & make a solid helmet-head for the same mold... which wouldn't be too bad. The head/helm, cape, and "emblem? what emblem?" are the only real problems, IMO.
Agreed. I had purchased TLC Fett, and I'll probably end up getting 2 of these. I do hope the emblem and the head are corrected. I'm not too crazy about Temura's head being on OT characters either, but as long as the helmet is done a bit better, I wouldn't really mind if it's removable (I wouldn't take it off anyway.)

Either way, Boba Fett + Vintage card=$$$. Again, I'm down for 2.

Reaction score

I don't understand why people complain about the simple fact that there is a certain head underneath, i.e. Temura Morrison head on Boba, stormtrooper, etc. If you don't like it, just don't take the helmet off...what's the big deal?

I do understand the fact that some of the removable helmets are rubbery and mis-shapened from the head underneath, etc. I get that, but why complain about the actual head underneath?

Anyway, I really dug the EVO Fett with the updated deco in the ROTS wave...I will most likely pick this one up as well.

Reaction score

Billy_Ray said:
I don't understand why people complain about the simple fact that there is a certain head underneath, i.e. Temura Morrison head on Boba, stormtrooper, etc. If you don't like it, just don't take the helmet off...what's the big deal?

I do understand the fact that some of the removable helmets are rubbery and mis-shapened from the head underneath, etc. I get that, but why complain about the actual head underneath?

Anyway, I really dug the EVO Fett with the updated deco in the ROTS wave...I will most likely pick this one up as well.

If anything, Boba's the only OT character I don't mind the clone head on, seeing as he is one.
The rest, I don't care either way, as I don't take the helmets off.

You know how it goes, though, you can't please everyone!

Reaction score

While I hope it's a repaint (and re-belted) of the ROTJ VOTC Fett in ESB colors, even if it isn't I'm in for at least one.

Gotta love the Fett.

Reaction score

Toon had posted above Hasbro mentioning a re deco coming. I vaguely remember reading that as well; I had thought the idea had fallen by the wayside like 3-piece helmet Vader (and as we now know, that wasn't the case with either of these figures!)

Reaction score

Jabbas_Guard_no3 said:
While I hope it's a repaint (and re-belted) of the ROTJ VOTC Fett in ESB colors, even if it isn't I'm in for at least one.
I wouldn't like VOTC Fett in ESB colors tho... wrong crushgaunts, awful rangefinder, giant ball for a neck (less visible than some helmet-heads, though), and kinda fat torso with narrow legs. Also, the arms aren't very poseable thanks to the hoses & bulkiness. Evo, overall, I prefer, though some details aren't quite 'definitive' yet.

But yes, Female Mandalorians from EE packs have a GREAT helmet-size for any & all new Fetts! Make solid helmet-heads for Jango & Boba in that size, with a swivel rangefinder! Then pack in a human head, if they must, so you can just swap helmet for head w/o sacrificing quality on the helmet sculpt & articulation.

DSII, the "redeco" I mentioned, someone else mentioned earlier in this thread or in the Rumors or Toy Fair thread yesterday when pics started popping up... it sounded like it was something Hasbro said at the presentation, as opposed to some older Q&A, but I'm not sure.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Jabbas_Guard_no3 said:
I wouldn't like VOTC Fett in ESB colors tho... wrong crushgaunts, awful rangefinder, giant ball for a neck (less visible than some helmet-heads, though), and kinda fat torso with narrow legs. Also, the arms aren't very poseable thanks to the hoses & bulkiness. Evo, overall, I prefer, though some details aren't quite 'definitive' yet.

But yes, Female Mandalorians from EE packs have a GREAT helmet-size for any & all new Fetts! Make solid helmet-heads for Jango & Boba in that size, with a swivel rangefinder! Then pack in a human head, if they must, so you can just swap helmet for head w/o sacrificing quality on the helmet sculpt & articulation.

DSII, the "redeco" I mentioned, someone else mentioned earlier in this thread or in the Rumors or Toy Fair thread yesterday when pics started popping up... it sounded like it was something Hasbro said at the presentation, as opposed to some older Q&A, but I'm not sure.

Ah. Well, as an old friend of mine on these boards, I tend to take your posts with a little more validity. I had remembered reading it somewhere, just trying to process all of this information.