Boba Fett (Tython) Jedi Ruins - TM#22

Reaction score
Was anyone else suspicious of how easy that WALMART preorder was today??? It was almost spooky being able to hop on several minutes late and order without an error.
I got an error though I forgot to put the 3 digit code that’s on the back my my card.

Reaction score
Was anyone else suspicious of how easy that WALMART preorder was today??? It was almost spooky being able to hop on several minutes late and order without an error.

Yes, it’s never been that easy for me.

Reaction score

I don't want to jinx it but it does seem really weird that this is the first exclusive that nearly everyone I know that was interested in managed to get their pre-order.

I hope this isn't a case of "its too good to be true"... 😅

Reaction score
Is it possible that interest isn't AS high because this is the second similar Fett to go up for preorder in as many months?

Reaction score
and its up again. it's going to be playing the hide and seek game for awhile. it's not even going to be out for another year, so Walmart will use it to their advantage.

Reaction score
I had already done a comparison with the Throne Room version using press images here, but here is one using in-hand boxed shots.

Thanks for that!
Looks like everything but the belt is reused from the Throne Room version.
The helmet looks narrower to me in that comparison, but it’s likely just being squished differently by the packaging.
Odd that the logo on his chest armor has changed size.

Wonder how long before we see yet another Deluxe TBS Fett with legs more like the Tatooine TVC Fett!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Wonder how long before we see yet another Deluxe TBS Fett with legs more like the Tatooine TVC Fett!
IMO, they should have just done his true TBoBF outfit (i.e. Tatooine) instead of the Throne Room version, which is really just a TM season 2 coda version. As it is, this is just a blatant cash grab by Hasbro re-using almost entirely the same mold just with new paint apps and charging a Deluxe premium for it.

Reaction score
IMO, they should have just done his true TBoBF outfit (i.e. Tatooine) instead of the Throne Room version, which is really just a TM season 2 coda version. As it is, this is just a blatant cash grab by Hasbro re-using almost entirely the same mold just with new paint apps and charging a Deluxe premium for it.

100% agree. But of course they got my money.

Reaction score
Darn, I was really hoping the final product would have a gaffi stick. It also would have been nice if they'd have attached the shoulder pads correctly onto the white undershirt, but I guess we can probably just do that ourselves.

Also, being that this is a deluxe figure the weld on the jetpack looks kind of bad. They couldn't have glued a thin piece over it to give it the 'deluxe' treatment?

I'm still buying him, though.

Reaction score
Thanks for that!
Looks like everything but the belt is reused from the Throne Room version.
The helmet looks narrower to me in that comparison, but it’s likely just being squished differently by the packaging.
Odd that the logo on his chest armor has changed size.

Chest logo on the throne version almost looks TVC scale it's so tiny. I still have to buy these don't I 😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
I kinda love this design. Don’t get me wrong. This figure should come with a gaffi stick, flame effects, etc. for the deluxe price. But the scene where he shows up in the armor is the best part of that bad episode.

side note: They need to keep Robert Rodriguez far away from Star Wars. That guy’s action scenes look like fan fiction on YouTube.

Reaction score
What! Then I wouldn't have been able to buy it! It's my favourite look for him.... in his little dress.

Reaction score
It's POSSIBLE this is going to show up earlier than we might think......

I was looking at the website of Toysapiens, a criminally over-charging store here in Japan that's the "official" distributor of Hot Toys here. You would not believe the mark ups...

They also sometimes get Hasbro stuff in, too....again, for disgustingly inflated prices.

Well, tonight I found a listing for this guy, claiming to be an exclusive to their store as far as Japan releases go. 5500 yen.....ouch. Then again, if it sells out immediately at Wal Mart, $50 might seem like a deal a year from now.

The interesting thing is it says the release date is SOMETIME IN JUNE.

Also listed: Saw Guerrera (July)

Nalan Cheel (of the Modal Nodes) (JUNE!)

Wandering Obi Wan (August)...already sold out

Security Droid from "Mando" (July)

Figrin Dan (July)

Ewok Dress Leia (July)

Ahsoka (JUNE)...already sold out

Echo (July)

Omega (July)

Unfortunately, these guys do NOT ship outside Japan. And yeah, I was able to help people in the past but I lost my job, I'm essentially evicted, and I'll be leaving Japan in two weeks, so I'd be of no help.

Here's the page if you wanna see...the only one "exclusive" is the Boba Fett. Meaning the rest could eventually end up on amazon japan at double or triple the US retail about a year from now, which is the case for most Black Series stuff.

It's just interesting to see such wild variations on release dates. Only thing I can figure is MAYBE in this instance, they shipped a few cases to this store directly so they didn't have to go all the way to America and then all the way back to Japan, which every other American based toyline does.

I "reserved" a Fett while I could, but there's no guarantee I'll even be here when it comes out....I'll be gone in two weeks and that's only an estimate. Most likely I'll miss this one too and end up having to try for a wal-mart version.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it showing up early as long as Walmart ships them properly.

Reaction score
Well, they didn't lie. Just got a shipping notice on this figure. Too bad it was a week after I'd already left. Oh well.

If a toystore in Japan has this, I gotta believe it'll show up stateside soon.

Reaction score
Don't know what the rules are about "begging for help," but as flawed as this figure is, it would pretty much complete my Boba Fett collection.

I had to cancel my Wal Mart pre-order cause my Japanese credit card is no longer valid.

Then a Japanese retailer had it but wasn't able to deliver before I left Japan, so I missed that, too.

Obviously it's long sold out at Wal Mart, and I have no illusions of ever seeing it in an actual store.

I'm pretty sure my only options are gonna be whatever horrible mark up it's gonna get on ebay, or pleading with my fellow collectors to see if anyone was able to get an extra at cost.

Reaction score
Don't know what the rules are about "begging for help," but as flawed as this figure is, it would pretty much complete my Boba Fett collection.

I had to cancel my Wal Mart pre-order cause my Japanese credit card is no longer valid.

Then a Japanese retailer had it but wasn't able to deliver before I left Japan, so I missed that, too.

Obviously it's long sold out at Wal Mart, and I have no illusions of ever seeing it in an actual store.

I'm pretty sure my only options are gonna be whatever horrible mark up it's gonna get on ebay, or pleading with my fellow collectors to see if anyone was able to get an extra at cost.

Isn't this very much part of what this community is about? Helping each other out when possible etc? :)
Unfortunately though, I can't help you in this particular matter.

Reaction score

I might be wrong, but Jedi Ruins Fett hasn't been released to the rest of the world yet. Some japanese scource had them early, but my own PO scources stil say between Dec. and March 😉😉

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I'm sure they'll be available again, especially with a pre-order still so far out - my WM order is still showing Feb. 3rd '23. That being said, I do have an extra on order, so if you do find yourself unable to get one by the time they start shipping, definitely hit me up.