Boba Fett (Tython) Jedi Ruins - TM#22

Reaction score
You forgot Galen Erso and Antoc Merrick too.

I think they mean “unknown order dates.” All three are exclusives that have been announced with press releases and the associated retailer but no pre-orders have been accepted and we don’t know when they’ll start.

Reaction score
Add this to the black series list of mystery figures with unknown release dates.
  • Walgreens trooper
  • Target mando/grogu (arvala)
  • Boba Fett (Tython)

You forgot Galen Erso and Antoc Merrick too.

Arvala-7 and Galen Erso were shipped over here ( Austria/Germany ) a few weeks ago.
Walgreens Trooper was shortly out too ( but now set OOS ) I canceled that one, due me being lucky to have found the EE Clones 4-pack recently.
Merrick is still set to arrive Feb/March over here.... we'll see 😉

As for the new Boba, well german ZAVVI still offers it, with date set even for March 2023... plus their usual 2 to 3 months they keep pushing.

My guess, the reason for the cancelation might be just a error in their announced date. Just can't imagine they announce a "simple" figure ( after all it's still just a kit-bash-repaint ) and have it released a year later. It's no HasLab thing 🤦‍♂️🤪🤪
I think they will re-announce it with a new, closer date the coming days

P.S. I am an optimistic dude 😉😉😎

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw someone make a great point in a different thread (on IG I think)

When pre-ordering from Walmart, make sure the card you use doesn't expire for at least a year, given how far out these release dates appear to be. No reason to believe future pre-orders that are announced this spring or summer won't have similar ranges from pre-order date to delivery date.
One time I ran into this problem where my expiration date was the following month, so I actually just used PayPal and it worked fine.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I saw someone make a great point in a different thread (on IG I think)
It was from From4LOMtoZuckuss. I quoted them further up in this very thread.
The More Details Button goes to Error Page
The "Featured Bonus Bounties" section below that has worked since 1pm ET and will still let you click on the other Week 5 items to order. It originally had Fett listed as well, but I noticed that they've finally taken him down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro's unsure if $31.49 will be too little to charge for a Boba Fett a year from now, so they're not going to offer preorders until we get closer to release date.

They’ll be $40 at that point.

Reaction score
Really start to wonder whats going on with this one. Multiple Stores in Austria/Germany keep putting up the figure, with a ETA of August 2022 now 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Reaction score
Another insulting price point for a figure that offers nothing new and/or extra to warrant deluxe status. As much as I really like the still-battered look and would love to add this to my collection, I just can't do it.

Hasbro, if you want to break up with me then just say so.

Reaction score
Another insulting price point for a figure that offers nothing new and/or extra to warrant deluxe status. As much as I really like the still-battered look and would love to add this to my collection, I just can't do it.

Hasbro, if you want to break up with me then just say so.
Hasbro could have at least stuck a gaffi stick and flame effects in with the figure, seeing he made use of them in the episode.

Reaction score
Hope its delayed to fix the things wrong with it. He should only have one kneepad, the shoulder connection to the vest is wrong, actually the vest is just wrong since its the BOBF version.

Reaction score
Honestly, the more I look at it, it's so sloppy and lazy I might just end up passing on it.

I'm a terrible customizer...I can't paint worth a crap. But I really think by cobbling together parts of the Robed Tython Boba Fett and last year's "Deluxe" ROTJ Boba Fett and then just making a messy weathered scraped up paint job, it would look more accurate than this offering.

Boba looked really thick when he had the robes AND the armor on. If there's one case where a figure should have just come with actual removable pieces, it's this one.

Reaction score
Personally I love it - this is my favorite look for this iteration of Fett, and I don't mind the inaccuracies. What I do mind is a.) jerking around with the preorder, and 2.) having to wait an entire freaking year for it anyway.

I wish they hadn't even revealed it and just had the preorder for it in, I don't know, November or something when it was actually somewhat near shipping.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
New Hasbro press release:

We would like to share that the preorder for the STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH BOBA FETT (TYTHON) JEDI RUINS Figure will go live on Walmart.com on Tuesday, 2/8 at 1pm EST. Thank you again to our dedicated community. We know how important accurate preorder information is to collectors and appreciate all the fan's continued support as changes occur in real time. We will continue to keep all Hasbro fans updated. May the force be with you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I typically love all things Fett related, but there is not enough new here for me to justify buying it.

Reaction score
^ Yeah, definitely not at the $32 price point! I mean at some point with all the paint variations from one mold at least one of these has got to be a basic release.

Reaction score
^ Yeah, definitely not at the $32 price point! I mean at some point with all the paint variations from one mold at least one of these has got to be a basic release.
Like I mentioned earlier my justification is since this figure is coming out- I only have to buy the one instead of two other deluxe Black Series figures to kitbash.

Not the best justification but it'll save me money if I can nab it. I think I can solve some of the inaccuracies by removing the pauldrons and gluing them onto the chest jacket "flaps", and removing the extra knee armor.

Of course thats "IF" I can get a pre-order in.

Reaction score
My temper seems to have fizzled out and I'm back to wanting this stupid thing.

The reality is, without Hot Toys kind of money, or the SHF/Mafex crowd going for this specific look; unless you're one hell of a customizer (I am NOT) this is likely the best we're gonna get in 6 inch form for this very cool version of Boba, despite his mere minutes of screen time.

So. I want it. Better than nothing, as they say...and maybe it can even be spruced up a bit by lousy painters like me.

But alas, getting the damn thing is the problem. Zavvi wanted something like $80 shipped and I was like HAAAYY-elllll no. I'm spending less than that on the (hopefully) beautiful SHF version.

So I guess I'll just take my chances with the rest of you next week at 3AM my time again....come in late to work all grumpy and pissed off.

SIIIIIIIIIGH. Whenever I complain about collecting toys people say "hey, could be worse...you could be a gambling attack on crack."

It is better though? Sometimes I wonder.

Reaction score
My temper seems to have fizzled out and I'm back to wanting this stupid thing.

The reality is, without Hot Toys kind of money, or the SHF/Mafex crowd going for this specific look; unless you're one hell of a customizer (I am NOT) this is likely the best we're gonna get in 6 inch form for this very cool version of Boba, despite his mere minutes of screen time.

So. I want it. Better than nothing, as they say...and maybe it can even be spruced up a bit by lousy painters like me.

But alas, getting the damn thing is the problem. Zavvi wanted something like $80 shipped and I was like HAAAYY-elllll no. I'm spending less than that on the (hopefully) beautiful SHF version.

So I guess I'll just take my chances with the rest of you next week at 3AM my time again....come in late to work all grumpy and pissed off.

SIIIIIIIIIGH. Whenever I complain about collecting toys people say "hey, could be worse...you could be a gambling attack on crack."

It is better though? Sometimes I wonder.
At least with gambling and crack you actually get to enjoy the gambling and the crack. LOL!

Reaction score
Well, Wal Mart has seemingly accepted my Japanese credit card. That was easier than those bastards at Target.

Now to just sit and wait for the figure to arrive at my parents' house in the States........in a FREAKING YEAR.

Reaction score
I managed to order a Boba for myself and one for a friend. Thankfully, this wasn't a terrible pre-order experience. When Walmart or Target are involved, it could have been.

Reaction score
Still up for pre-order and the others for today are multiple places. What a breath of fresh air when it goes smoothly (so far). When will Target get it together?

Reaction score
So easy compared to Target. I’m glad Hasbro and Walmart or whichever decided to delay. The Target fiasco with Arvala 7 is really grinding my gears.

Reaction score
Hasbro has now entered MAFEX/Mezco territory where we are preordering a year in advance.

This isn't supposed to ship til 2023.

I reallllly hope that's just a "worst case scenario" placeholder and it ships sooner.

Then again, I thought the same for my Tython Fett/Fennec/Bill Burr figures. My preorder still says "July." Thought for sure those would come sooner.