Boba Fett - The Empire Strikes Back (International Edition) Legends in 3-Dimensions Bust

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1629734631968.png

1629735645909.jpeg

A Gentle Giant Ltd. release! The Star Wars universe's favorite bounty hunter is a Legend in 3D! Measuring approximately 10 inches tall, this half-scale bust of Boba Fett™ is based on his appearance in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™, but now with an alternatively painted base! This International Edition features an alternate base deco, with grittier and more battle-worn paint application. Limited to only 1000 pieces, it comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Designed by Joe Allard, sculpted by Rocco Tartamella!

Platinum Members will get access to purchase on Wednesday, August 25th starting at 12 p.m. PST/ 3 p.m. EST and Gold Members will get purchase access on Thursday August, 26th starting at 12 p.m. PST/ 3 p.m. EST.

*Please note, the Guild allotment of each exclusive is limited to 100 pieces.

Reaction score
So the original 1000 piece edition has been selling well and so they've decided to take advantage of that by slightly changing the painting on the base and giving us another 1000 piece edition. Meanwhile trying to build up demand by limiting 100 of those 1000 pieces to the guild. IMHO if you're going to offer a variant it should be a smaller edition size than the original one. Easy pass for me.

Reaction score
Very odd decision (though it is GG we are talking about so maybe not so odd), basically painting part of the base green instead of white and then throwing another 1000 out there. I haven’t got a problem with that but I have the normal first one on pre-order and don’t see a real reason to change it.

Reaction score
Yup , they just want to make more of what's selling , so splash some more paint on the base and now they've effectively doubled the " limited " edition size. Same thing they did with the Leia statue , only with her they just threw in a mouse Droid to satisfy the peasants. I guess "limited edition" doesn't really mean what it used to.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I don't understand the spiderweb cracking of the black paint....that's not supposed to happen...

Reaction score
What's the difference?? I'm terrible at spotting small differences, or even larger ones! lol

Reaction score
What's the difference?? I'm terrible at spotting small differences, or even larger ones! lol

Honestly, I don't know. The paint applications were never great to begin with on their first release.

Reaction score
i honestly cant see much of a difference at all with the painted base, anyone have a side by side or something?

Reaction score
Let me get this right - It’s more expensive than the other version as there’s no PGM discount or vouchers than can be applied and it’s almost identical to the other one??

No thanks

Reaction score
Spot the difference:

View attachment 399885

The international edition is on the right, BTW...

Wow so its just a slightly different paint chipping scheme and a black wash? that's nothing more than a cashgrab. Messed up to those who bought the original now that the LE number just doubled. I could see if they had a "as first built" variant paint scheme for the base but this is just a black wash.

Reaction score
Wow so its just a slightly different paint chipping scheme and a black wash? that's nothing more than a cashgrab. Messed up to those who bought the original now that the LE number just doubled. I could see if they had a "as first built" variant paint scheme for the base but this is just a black wash.
Don't forget the cracked/shattered visor on the international version. Could be that's some of the extra 'battle weathering' they are mentioning.
Or maybe a Bantha just sat on his head ;)
Its actually a bad paint job from the factory and that's on the one we are seeing which should be the pick of the bunch.

Reaction score
Don't forget the cracked/shattered visor on the international version. Could be that's some of the extra 'battle weathering' they are mentioning.
Or maybe a Bantha just sat on his head ;)
Its actually a bad paint job from the factory and that's on the one we are seeing which should be the pick of the bunch.

I don't understand how they can let the cracked paint pass QC.