Boba Fett - #TBOBF??

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that it looks like once again Hasbro is packaging a Boba Fett figure with his helmet crushed in the box? I assume once you get it on the figure’s head, it will shape itself out, but this is getting frustrating.

It doesn't look very good ON his head either, and those are fancy promo shots. In other words, I think this Boba's helmet is gonna be a huge let down no matter what. The best looking helmeted toys are solid plastic, not removable helmets, and always have been.

Reaction score
It doesn't look very good ON his head either, and those are fancy promo shots. In other words, I think this Boba's helmet is gonna be a huge let down no matter what. The best looking helmeted toys are solid plastic, not removable helmets, and always have been.
I tend to agree however as it's Tem I have to get him. Display holding his flat top helm rather than wearing it I guess.

Reaction score
There's no justification or explanation. It's simple greed, and that's that. They did it with the ROTJ Fett this year, and they're doing it again. He's consistently been one of the hottest sellers for them since 1995 so they will continue to exploit fans by shaving off the top.

Personally, I don't care. $10 more, $20 more....I only buy the figures I really really like and really really want. If I want something, I'm gonna buy it.

I'm not well-off by any stretch of the imagination, but I have enough left over every month to get some dumb stuff I want, whether that's a figure or a rare LP or whatever.

I think not being a completionist helps. I got out of the "buying out of obligation" mindset years ago and it's very liberating, both on your mind and also on your wallet.

In fact, in all of 2021 the only SW figure I even bought was that "Deluxe" ROTJ Boba Fett, and even that was kind of a spur of the moment, "ah, why not?" purchase.

2022 on the other hand, I already have a few SHF and Black Series on pre-order.

If you look at this action figure and think it looks good, and you really want it....just buy it. It's $10. That probably doesn't even cover lunch these days. Who cares about $10. Just buy the figure!

If you DON'T like the figure, think it looks "off" and that the colors and helmet aren't very well done, and that the SHF is gonna be better anyway, then just DON'T buy it. Just refuse. Do NOT buy something you don't like out of some weird sense of "obligation" to some idea that doesn't even exist!!

Reaction score
It's $10 more because Boba Fett is one of the handful of characters that non-collectors would still buy. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason every Din Djarin figure is deluxe and comes with Grogu. People that aren't collectors but really like the show can find it using simple Google terms and think "that looks cool, I think I want that for my desk".

Just capitalizing on popularity.

Reaction score
In reality it does make sense to up the price on your most popular selling characters as it offsets the loss of the lesser selling ones, Not that Hasbro directly has to deal with that issue of figures selling for $10-15 a few months after release. That's the retailer problem. Though it does become an issue later with them wanting to repack those figures and retail isn't exactly warm to that idea.

I think the hurdle here is that it's blatantly obvious that's it's a Money grab.

Reaction score
If they insist on making this figure deluxe they should have included his throne. Kind of like how they did Emperor Palpatine. But, then again how is he going to sit on the throne give how his right leg skirt thingy is designed? Lame.

Reaction score
If they insist on making this figure deluxe they should have included his throne. Kind of like how they did Emperor Palpatine. But, then again how is he going to sit on the throne give how his right leg skirt thingy is designed? Lame.
The throne and a Boba with soft goods will be a different release. You only have to look at how many versions of the Mandalorian we've gotten, to see how Hasbro is going to milk the hell out of this mold!

Reaction score
The throne and a Boba with soft goods will be a different release. You only have to look at how many versions of the Mandalorian we've gotten, to see how Hasbro is going to milk the hell out of this mold!
Absolutely - Deluxe Boba with Soft Goods and Throne will MSRP at $49.99, if not more, and be exclusive to Target. 😂

Reaction score
As much as I feel he shouldn't a DLX figure for what's included, based on the size of the Hallmark throne I would tend to think a TBS version would be considered an "Ultra Line" release. I have to say that if they ever did make a TBS scale throne I'd be very tempted.

Reaction score

Exactly and none of them will be cheaper than this.

Last night TFA and TROS were playing on tv and it reminded me of the store-exclusive deluxe releases we got for TLJ. Those included a figure, a metal accessory, soft goods AND a display base. All that cost $10 more than this.

Reaction score
Comes with 2 damaged stormie buckets, flame effects and a firing rocket

Least it has a bit more going for it than the Black Series version..

Reaction score
“Deluxe” is a joke but we’ll all preorder green lighting more of this nonsense from hasbro.
captain-picard-the-line-must-be-drawn-here.gif

Reaction score
Deluxe TVC because of some of stormie helmets that aren’t even accurate to that look? Pretty lame wouldn’t want to be a TVC collector right now lol.

Reaction score
So the TVC line is getting a definite actual "BOOK OF BOBA FETT" figure....surely it won't be long before the Black Series gets one too. Without seeing the costume in action, I still prefer the end of Mando season 2 look, especially with the darker contrasting colors, but Hasbro (and Bandai) know I've been a sucker for all things Fett since the mid 90s so I know we'll get a few options in the 6 inch range sooner or later.

PS....this is JUST the 3 3/4 figure...do NOT get all excited!!!

VC-Boba-Fett-Tatooine-TBOBF-Deluxe-Loose-1.jpg

Having said all that, it sure does look better than "Throne Room Boba Fett" at this point anyway.....

(Honestly I think the thing that irks me the most is Little Fennec gets her bottle of blue hooch and Big Fennec doesn't, so I'm gonna have to pay out the nose for some customizer to make me one!!)

Reaction score
They need to stop doing removable helmets. It’s deluxe priced. Do swappable ***solid*** heads. The one thing you have to nail on Fett is the helmet. Everything else can be *okayyyy*, but the helmet needs to sell it. Here the dome is comically flat and the ugly seem line is still visible. Even on the promo pics. The robes look like hot garbage. Where are the soft goods? I thought this was deluxe! I don’t see a $30+ figure. I wouldn’t grab it even if I didn’t have the SHF on pre order.
Agreed. It's bloody awful looking.

Reaction score
So the TVC line is getting a definite actual "BOOK OF BOBA FETT" figure....surely it won't be long before the Black Series gets one too. Without seeing the costume in action, I still prefer the end of Mando season 2 look, especially with the darker contrasting colors, but Hasbro (and Bandai) know I've been a sucker for all things Fett since the mid 90s so I know we'll get a few options in the 6 inch range sooner or later.

View attachment 408017

Having said all that, it sure does look better than "Throne Room Boba Fett" at this point anyway.....

(Honestly I think the thing that irks me the most is Little Fennec gets her bottle of blue hooch and Big Fennec doesn't, so I'm gonna have to pay out the nose for some customizer to make me one!!)

Big Booky Bobby will probably have plastic skirt too.

Reaction score

View attachment 408017

Yeah but the head/face print on big Fennec looks way better than the little version. So that’s a win in my book. I would like the blue jug too though

Reaction score
Looks like the blue bottle is oversized in TVC if HT is more accurate. But hard to say.View attachment 408033
I was thinking the same, and there are a very few 3,75 accesoires that fit/look perfect with 6" too ( Darth Mauls Sith Probe, Salacious Grumb from Oola, Grogus Pram from Retro Col., TVC Krykas for size variation... )
I might give the TVC Fennec a closer look, just for that bottle. The thing I find more disturbing is,TBS Fennec seems to come with only ONE of the weapons compared to TVC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw these in-hand shots on twitter.....apologies if their yours and I "poached" them:

FMUlzg8WUAM6bkh.jpgFMUlzg6XEAE_Aye.jpgFMUlzg4XIAIaHsf.jpg

Looks like the colors are still very unfortunately off. His armor and helmet appear to be a sickly pea green and his arms and pants still look too brown.

It's funny that he looks appropriately thick from the front, but comically thin in the profile shot.

Reaction score
Oh hey RUOKR2....you're from around Cleveland!

Unfortunately now that my tenure in Japan is over, I'll be returning there sometime in the next few months.

God. I can't believe I have to go back to Cleveland winters.

Reaction score
Oh hey RUOKR2....you're from around Cleveland!

Unfortunately now that my tenure in Japan is over, I'll be returning there sometime in the next few months.

God. I can't believe I have to go back to Cleveland winters.
Yes, I’m just south of John Carroll University. The last few winters have been mild though this one is more “normal”.
I’m originally from the Toledo area but returned to Ohio from Scottsdale, AZ. 😅
A change for sure…

Reaction score
Got mine from Gamestop yesterday. I really like it, but I don't see why it's deluxe. The armor is new though. I originally thought it would just be re-used for some reason.

dnK9mYv.jpg

j5UQh2Y.jpg

The helmet is the same as the ROTJ Deluxe Boba with the insert piece too.
n6Tj4lA.jpg

Stress marks on hands just to put the gun on. I had to heat it up first. Hard to see, it's at the trigger finger just on the end of where glove is and on the base of his thumb.
br9x9iw.jpg

His hose limits right elbow movement. That's about the max and even that, left a stress mark that I didn't notice till I looked at the picture.
yPAlfNl.jpg

With my other Boba and the Mando
xJbXdhg.jpg

DzsSfJ3.jpg

EvARZBy.jpg

Back of armor comparison
r86rXL3.jpg

Headsculpt is different than the one from the ROTJ Boba Fett. The new one is actually wider.
h6eCOkY.jpg

Reaction score
Got mine from Gamestop yesterday. I really like it, but I don't see why it's deluxe. The armor is new though. I originally thought it would just be re-used for some reason.

dnK9mYv.jpg

j5UQh2Y.jpg

The helmet is the same as the ROTJ Deluxe Boba with the insert piece too.
n6Tj4lA.jpg

Stress marks on hands just to put the gun on. I had to heat it up first. Hard to see, it's at the trigger finger just on the end of where glove is and on the base of his thumb.
br9x9iw.jpg

His hose limits right elbow movement. That's about the max and even that, left a stress mark that I didn't notice till I looked at the picture.
yPAlfNl.jpg

With my other Boba and the Mando
xJbXdhg.jpg

DzsSfJ3.jpg

EvARZBy.jpg

Back of armor comparison
r86rXL3.jpg

Headsculpt is different than the one from the ROTJ Boba Fett. The new one is actually wider.
h6eCOkY.jpg
Shame about those stress issues again huh. FFS!