Boba Fett Spin-Off

Reaction score
his analogy was totally different -- I didn't quote him at all, I just used the same candy.

read the thread again.

Reaction score
his analogy was totally different -- I didn't quote him at all, I just used the same candy.

read the thread again.

right... anyhow still waiting for you to show a quote that says they cast Jon Boyega because he is black.

Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/03/jj-abrams-bad-robot-diversity-quota-oscarssowhite

"JJ Abrams has signalled his ongoing efforts to help improve Hollywood diversity after instituting a new policy to ensure people of colour and women always make the final shortlists for openings at his production company Bad Robot."

^^ behold: the ongoing & historic "sorting" of humans , a common practice for over 10.000 years (with NO END in sight).

-====-

"why do I care"?

because I have bi-racial children so the ongoing and historic "sorting" of humans is both disgusting and dangerous to me, on a PERSONAL level.

I have a personal stake in the future of "human sorting". do you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/03/jj-abrams-bad-robot-diversity-quota-oscarssowhite

"JJ Abrams has signalled his ongoing efforts to help improve Hollywood diversity after instituting a new policy to ensure people of colour and women always make the final shortlists for openings at his production company Bad Robot."

^^ behold: the ongoing & historic "sorting" of humans , a common practice for over 10.000 years (with NO END in sight).

-====-

"why do I care"?

because I have bi-racial children so the ongoing and historic "sorting" of humans is both disgusting and dangerous to me, on a PERSONAL level.

I have a personal stake in the future of "human sorting". do you?
ok... so still waiting for the quote that says John Boyaga was hired because of his race and not his acting ability. The story you linked and quote you posted say nothing to that sort.

Your quote says people applying for jobs at his production company not for casting in the new Star Wars.

So if you have bi racial kids why are you looking at skin color?

Reaction score
I never mentioned Jon Boyega. you did. read the thread again.
you are saying KK is waging a war of black v white by purposely hiring people of color. So John wasn't one of them then who was?

Who specifically was hired because of their race like you claim.

Reaction score
you can probably figure that out for yourself.

I'm "saying", (as I said already), that KK is concerned with "creating" diversity by way of "one of each color".

KK believes 'humans need sorting' -- (a racist practice that has been ONGOING for over 10,000 years, with NO END in sight).

--> she is perpetrating an ancient myth that has been DEBUNKED by science -- the myth that "humans need sorting".

Last edited:
Reaction score
you can probably figure that out for yourself.

I'm "saying", (as I said already), that KK is concerned with "creating" diversity by way of "one of each color".

KK believes 'humans need sorting' -- (a racist practice that has been ONGOING for over 10,000 years, with NO END in sight).

--> she is perpetrating an ancient myth that has been DEBUNKED by science -- the myth that "humans need sorting".
no I can't because of the 3 leads in TFA only 2 of them are of color one of them a young actor from a critically aclaimed indie film and Oscar Issac who is criticially acclaimed actor who has been nominated for numorous awards prior to SW.

Are you claiming Oscar Isaacs was only hired becasue of his skin color and not his acting tallent?

Reaction score
yeah. I guess we're done here. good effort man. kudos for trying!

Reaction score
yeah. I guess we're done here. good effort man. kudos for trying!
concession accepted. I 'm glad I could prove that your claim KK and the new SW movies are doing a black v white thing is completely utterly stupid.

because otherwise it would be REALLY easy to point out who in the TFA cast was hired because of their skin color

Last edited:
Reaction score
self delusion is a wonderful thing. you keep at it. cheers!

and/or:

(the only way for me to answer you , would be to repeat myself.

--> go back and read the thread again.

you'll get it eventually. or not).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score

and/or:

(the only way for me to answer you , would be to repeat myself.

Cheers!

real simple here kid, you claimed that
even KK's predictable "white v black" and "man v woman" rhetoric is all just part of a marketing ploy. don't be fooled.
and I asked you what white v black and you came up with hiring pracitces.

Then you couldn't tell me who in TFA was hired because of color.

Oh also this little gem.

yeah, regardless of what one thinks of Harry Potter on the whole, I kind of like JK.Rowling's "no ****s given" attitude when it comes to political correctness.
So how does JK Rowling's casting of a black woman for Hermione in the stage play fit into your theory?

Reaction score
JK is colorblind. you're not.

good for her. bad for you.
cheers.
haha so by JK Rowling doing the most PC thing one could possibly do, you consider it not being PC. But you can't even answer who in TFA was hired because of their race.

this is bad even for you.

Reaction score

and/or:

(the only way for me to answer you , would be to "repeat myself". ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score

and/or:

(the only way for me to answer you , would be to "repeat myself". ;)

Cheers!
do you want me to quote where you specifically stated the black v white was because of the casting by the director? or where you tried to stealth edit?

Reaction score
end of solo: tank is full. rebellion has "hyper fuel".
end of 8: tank is empty. rebellion runs out of "hyper fuel".

hmmm....

do I think the actual physical gasoline in my vintage mustang,
is the same actual physical gasoline that I pumped into it when I bought the car?
no.

do I think it's the same "MacGuffin", being used by 2 movies, released back-to-back?
in a failed attempt to connect them?
yes.

I only called it a "lame" attempt at world building.
but silly me, I'm arguing with someone who did NOT notice that these 2 "plot points" from the same franchise were actually intended to "rhyme" with each other.

(it's just a random coincidence that 2 SW movies, released back-to-back, share the same MacGuffin).
(yeah. that's a very... "intelligent" analysis.. you keep it up. good job. you're not a "moron" at all). :rolleyes:
so... first off fuel is only the mcguffin in one movie Solo. In TLJ Fuel is the ticking clock. So it seems like you don't really know what a mcguffin is.

A Mcguffin or Macguffin is an item used to advance the plot usually in the form of something the protagonist desires ie the Maltise Falcon.

In TLJ the Mcguffin isn't the fuel they aren't trying to get more fuel, they are trying to escape the FO. I mean you could say its the secret rebel base but that isn't reviled till the third act. I would say TLJ doesn't have a Mcguffin (not all movies have one)

It does have a ticking clock, a plot device that moves the plot forward by giving a time limit in which the protaginist must complete their task before time runs out.

Now on to your statements on how White V Black is about racial casting in TFA.

I already told you. it's in the casting decisions which are based on creating a diversity model, "one of each color", like so many skittles.

as explained, this practice is rooted in the fundamental idea that "colors" are not equal.
So there you are saying the director had race based casting decisions.

Then you link to as your proof JJ Abrams interviewing more people of color for jobs at his production company.

Inferring that JJ Abrams did race based casting.

So I ask again who in TFA was cast based on their skin color.

now I know you are just going to reply with "reread the thread" but that's because someone finally called you out on your racist BS. So i'm just happy that you let me go this far and you trapped yourself into a corner.

Have a good night.

Last edited:
Reaction score
now I know you are just going to reply with "reread the thread" but that's because someone finally called you out on your racist BS. So i'm just happy that you let me go this far and you trapped yourself into a corner.

Have a good night.
Wow talk about projecting!

Reaction score
Also show me proof that they only hired Jon Boyega because he is black.
Nobody is ever going to find the smoking gun you require. But, I think it's pretty safe to say (not to mention honest) that Boyega and Ridley were hired because a large consideration was placed on their skin colour and sex respectively, in an attempt to "right" a (non-existent) "wrong" of previous Star Wars films.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know right? his only defense was to claim KK's rainbow agenda doesn't exist at all in the first place. he wants me to tell him again what I mean by "sorting".
I suppose I could copy/paste huge blocks of text over and over again. but it's really just easier if he goes back and reads it again.

I think the biggest problem is, he doesn't feel the act of "sorting humans" is wrong because he does it himself on a daily basis as part of his latent thought process.
he thinks Racist "sorting" just a normal thing that everybody does. like 'breathing'. he finds it perfectly acceptable. (so argue THAT point then LOL).

but to claim its not happening in the first place (in the wake of KK's blathering on about 'diversity' for 4 years running) is "intellectual dishonesty"
it's like telling someone the sun rises in the east , and he says "..that's not the sun. the sun doesn't exist. if you can't prove that's the sun up there, then you've painted yourself into a corner".

(I've actually painted the whole room twice. there's really just nothing left to say).

at this point the only course of action is to 'disengage' and walk away. (and go hang out on an island drinking blue milk from a sea cow).
it's not a concession of victory :whistling: (apparently someone didn't see TLJ) :whistling: :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nobody is ever going to find the smoking gun you require. But, I think it's pretty safe to say (not to mention honest) that Boyega and Ridley were hired because a large consideration was placed on their skin colour and sex respectively, in an attempt to "right" a (non-existent) "wrong" of previous Star Wars films.
It's not a smoking gun it's just asking him to provide any evidence of his wild claim that the actors in TFA were hired based on race and not talent.

Which is a really hard thing to do since John Boyega was nomintated for several awards prior to TFA.

But of course if Race and gender don't matter at all as Cobalt is claiming then his entire argument is bunk. In reality he is just a concern troll.

Reaction score
I know right? his only defense was to claim KK's rainbow agenda doesn't exist at all in the first place. he wants me to tell him again what I mean by "sorting".
I suppose I could copy/paste huge blocks of text over and over again. but it's really just easier if he goes back and reads it again.

I think the biggest problem is, he doesn't feel the act of "sorting humans" is wrong because he does it himself on a daily basis as part of his latent thought process.
he thinks Racist "sorting" just a normal thing that everybody does. like 'breathing'. he finds it perfectly acceptable. (so say THAT then LOL).

but to claim its not happening in the first place (in the wake of KK's blathering on about 'diversity' for 4 years running) is "intellectual dishonesty"
it's like telling someone the sun rises in the east , and he says "..that's not the sun. the sun doesn't exist. if you can't prove that's the sun up there, then you've painted yourself into a corner".

(I've actually painted the whole room twice. there's really just nothing left to say).

at this point the only course of action is to 'disengage' and walk away. (and go hang out on an island drinking blue milk from a sea cow).
it's not a concession of victory :whistling: (apparently someone didn't see TLJ) :whistling: :p LOL
no i understand what you are saying even though by saying it proves you don't actually believe it since if you truly believe that race and gender don't mater you wouldn't be complaining about race or gender.

I'm asking you to provide PROOF of your claims. You claim that people in TFA were only hired to meet quotas and not because of their talent. So provide proof to back it up.

It's extremely simple. You make a claim you back it up with evidence.

Reaction score
I don't see the issue with trying to be inclusive of all people when casting for movies as long it makes sense and doesn't take anyway from the actual story. If Finn was white or an alien species or a whatever would it change anything about his character arc? I don't think so. So if that character being portrayed by an black male diversifies the cast I'm all for it. Sure there is the historical atrocities that we have to allude to that black people were once taken from their homeland against their will and enslaved...and yes that parallels with the Finn/First Order story. I don't think it defines the character. Finn is my favorite character from the sequels.

I have no opinion one way for the other on Rey. The primary protagonist is a woman - not the first time, not the last...I really don't care. I remember being a bit taken back, and even saying it here, when I saw the primary protagonist for Rogue One was also a woman. Not that it was a bad thing. In my head I always pictured that story being lead by a male. It turned out that Rogue One was a great Star Wars movie (one of my favorites) and Jyn is a fine addition to the canon.

Now...Rose. Rose bothers me. The character served no purpose and the fact that were constantly told from the day she was cast that this was the "first minority female lead" in a Star Wars movies over and over and over again got annoying real quick. Rose is a check mark and it was blatant. Any female minorities that see Rose as empowering or breaking down some kind of wall are delusional.

I'm sure my words here will be twisted and turned into being racist, misogynistic etc etc but that is par for the course with the members who post regularly int this thread.

Reaction score
It's not a smoking gun it's just asking him to provide any evidence of his wild claim that the actors in TFA were hired based on race and not talent.
That's the thing. It's not a "wild claim" at all. It's a perfectly rational one and, I think a valid one too. For years, it's been the claim of certain quarters that a "problem" with Star Wars was was a lack of black actors and that Leia was the "only woman" in the galaxy. Ffs, Lando was written and cast purely because of the "no blacks" criticisms levelled at George originally.

It's nowhere near a leap to understand that, given the current cultural zeitgeist, that Disney's new characters were going to be a "person of colour" and a female, first and foremost, above all else. This is also compounded by the fact that their actual characters are so poorly written too. They started out as a skin colour and a gender, but somebody forgot that good characters need good writing and stories too.

Reaction score
I know right? his only defense was to claim KK's rainbow agenda doesn't exist at all in the first place.
Well, I don't know if Kathleen Kennedy has any "agenda" beyond more revenue and a wider business acumen. I don't truly believe that she's some sort of SJW ( I hate that term) queen that's trying to force diversity and ruin Star Wars for white blokes, or to force some sort of racial profiling or tension. I can't see that. To me, her "agenda" is about more diverse sounding cash registers, bolstered with non-white and non-male money. I don't think her aim is anything beyond that. Which, to me, is even more lamentable. At least if she was trying to open up Star Wars to a wider audience for racial and gender reasons, that would be a principled approach. As opposed to just a "more money" approach.

At the end of the day though, I think it's obvious that Disney's Star Wars has had a "quota" bolted onto it, in a way that never existed before. It's very clear that they are trying to open up a large female market place, and they sure want all of that lovely Chinese money too. Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen weren't cast simply because they were good actors that just happened to be from China.

Reaction score
That's the thing. It's not a "wild claim" at all. It's a perfectly rational one and, I think a valid one too. For years, it's been the claim of certain quarters that a "problem" with Star Wars was was a lack of black actors and that Leia was the "only woman" in the galaxy. Ffs, Lando was written and cast purely because of the "no blacks" criticisms levelled at George originally.

It's nowhere near a leap to understand that, given the current cultural zeitgeist, that Disney's new characters were going to be a "person of colour" and a female, first and foremost, above all else. This is also compounded by the fact that their actual characters are so poorly written too. They started out as a skin colour and a gender, but somebody forgot that good characters need good writing and stories too.
Ok then perhaps you can answer this since Colbilt can't.

Who in TFA was hired just because of their skin color.

Reaction score
I don't see the issue with trying to be inclusive of all people when casting for movies as long it makes sense and doesn't take anyway from the actual story.
There's nowt wrong with it all. But, it should happen as a matter of course. Not as a matter of a quota to be filled. Forcing something like that never works, because you're only forcing at a base level.

If Finn was white or an alien species or a whatever would it change anything about his character arc? I don't think so.
It wouldn't make any real difference if the character was good. But, both him and Rey are not well written characters. Boyega and Ridley seem like nice folk and they do the best with what's put in front of them. But, I'd say the primary reason for those characters existence was because one was black and one was female. Everything else was a secondary or even tertiary concern and that's revealed in the poor nature of the writing for those characters. They're terribly written, with even a basic examination into how they operate. Poor John's been lumbered with a character that nobody knows what to do with now, because Finn's story is essentially over. And Daisy has to play a character that's so empty, it's depressing. But, it has nothing to do with the amount of melanin in their skin or the junk between their legs. It's just poor character genesis, coupled with awful writing.

Now...Rose. Rose bothers me. The character served no purpose and the fact that were constantly told from the day she was cast that this was the "first minority female lead" in a Star Wars movies over and over and over again got annoying real quick. Rose is a check mark and it was blatant. Any female minorities that see Rose as empowering or breaking down some kind of wall are delusional.
Rose was a truly wretched character and I feel sorry for Kelly Marie Tran, who seems like a nice girl. But, she was literally written so that Finn would have someone to talk to on their useless side plot. She could have been a robot, or a walkie-talkie and nothing would have changed. Plus, she was landed with one of the most awful lines ever to have been uttered by a Star Wars character (and that includes Jar Jar and Anakin). Poor girl. Maybe in the next one, she can have her quality upped. But, seeing as Abrams is at the helm, I wouldn't put any money on it.

Reaction score
And that's the point if Colbot is going to make claims of people being hired just because of race he needs to back it up with evidence.

As we know the two people of color in TFA we're both highly nominated for other movies. They aren't just some people they pulled off the streets.

Because that is the accusation that Colbolt is making that they were only hired because of their skin color and their talent has nothing to do with it.

Now as far as Rey is concerned I wonder if people would still complain if her name was Jania Solo.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And that's the point if Colbot is going to make claims of people being hired just because of race he needs to back it up with evidence.
Again, you're asking for something that nobody can reasonably possess. But, it still doesn't diminish the observations.

As we know the two people of color in TFA we're both highly nominated for other movies. They aren't just some people they pulled off the streets.
They were practically unknowns. They're not veteran actors by any stretch, or that "highly nominated" either and I don't think anyone has claimed that they were "pulled off the streets".

Because that is the accusation that Colbolt is making that they were only hired because of their skin color and their talent has nothing to do with it.
And I think that assertion is probably correct, apart from the talent aspect. I'd say it's a given that a black lead was high on the check list, as was a female one. There's no doubt in my mind that that was the genesis of the two main leads for Disney's Star Wars.

Now as far as Rey is concerned I wonder if people would still complain if her name was Jania Solo.
I know nothing about Jania Solo, nor do I care to, but if she was as badly written as Rey, then yes. The criticism, in the main, of Rey is not because she's a female. It's because she is terribly written. It could have been Ray and if he exhibited the same poorly written attributes, the character still would have been criticised.

Reaction score
Ok then perhaps you can answer this since Colbilt can't.

Who in TFA was hired just because of their skin color.
^^ this whole time you're just trying to divert the argument because either, you don't understand the crux of the issue, or you don't know how to defend against it.

the issue being discussed is : producers who believe in diversity quotas are racist. why?

because this act of "human sorting" comes from a belief that humans PREFER to be around those who "look like them".

--> IF your brain sorts people into color stripes (AND you "prefer" to see a certain representation of people who "look like you") then you are a Racist. By Definition.

((Racism is defined a "preference" for one race over another -- (a belief that one race is "better", in ANY given application, including casting) -- a "preference", for ANY reason)).

now: the only thing you have offered in this entire thread is, 'nobody at Disney cares what color Jon Boyega is', and everyone can see this is patently ridiculous.

of course Disney cares about "Representation" LOL -- (even if ONLY from a marketing POV) -- KK and JJ talk about it explicitly.

so: you're either a blithering idiot, or you are being intentionally "cheeky", to distract from the actual argument -- aka: intellectual dishonesty

-====-

whether this is a personal belief on KK's part , or simply just a marketing ploy to make money like Sylvester McMonkey McBean, (which is morally 'worse' as Cellblock1138 pointed out), either way she is still spreading RACISM.

the historic and ongoing "Sorting" of humans has been going on for over 10,000 years. with NO END in sight.

this practice is NOT supported by science.

it's shameful.

-====-

"..but we CAN"T have a discussion about Global Warming until you PROVE that the earth is round. you think it's "obvious"? bah! it's not obvious to ME! prove it!" (etc).

^^ (you're either an absolute idiot or you're just being dishonest).

and that is why "we're done here". cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Again, you're asking for something that nobody can reasonably possess. But, it still doesn't diminish the observations.

They were practically unknowns. They're not veteran actors by any stretch, or that "highly nominated" either and I don't think anyone has claimed that they were "pulled off the streets".

And I think that assertion is probably correct, apart from the talent aspect. I'd say it's a given that a black lead was high on the check list, as was a female one. There's no doubt in my mind that that was the genesis of the two main leads for Disney's Star Wars.

I know nothing about Jania Solo, nor do I care to, but if she was as badly written as Rey, then yes. The criticism, in the main, of Rey is not because she's a female. It's because she is terribly written. It could have been Ray and if he exhibited the same poorly written attributes, the character still would have been criticised.
.1. so it's not being presented as an observation he is stating it as an indisputable fact which is why I am asking him to back up his claim.

2. Sort of. Course Star Wars is famous for casting unknowns. Boyega is famous for being in a criticially aclaimed movie and being nominated for several awards. He was more famous then Natalie Portman was.

Oscaar Isaacs was not an unknown and I would consider an vetren actor.

The only one that would be truly unknown would be Ridly but even she had acting experience and getting any actress that young would be an unknown.

3. Except Even in George's original story drafts for the Sequels it was always a female lead. Unless you are claiming George had a quota then that theory is bunk.

4. Now you are talking about writting. That has nothing to do with casting.

Again we aren't talking about the character but that KK AND JJ hired based of race or gender. It doesn't matter if the character was written poorly because that wouldn't have anything to do with the casting decision as Colbolt claimed.

Colbolts critisim IS that she is a female and hired because of that. NOT because she is a good actress

But yeah ALL the characters in the EU are Mary or Marty Sue's. Even the OT characters become super human parodies of themselves.

I'm sorry that you have been put in a position trying to defend Colbolts riddiculus and we'll racist talked ng points taken directly from the daily stormer. No one should have to do that

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my basic and simple way of looking at all movies made after ROTJ:

1. RO connects very well with the OT.
  2. Solo tries to connect with the OT and PT, but seems forced in this connection near the end of the movie.
  3. TFA and TLJ seem very disconnected from the OT.
  4. PT also seems disconnected from the OT.
  5. I have more distaste for TFA and TLJ than the PT because they involve the characters of Luke, Leia and Han in a negative way. Although I can say the same for Anakin/DV in the PT, it’s harder to watch it done with Luke, Leia and Han.

Only my opinion and not saying those that disagree are wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
.1. so it's not being presented as an observation he is stating it as an indisputable fact which is why I am asking him to back up his claim.
I'm not here to speak for Cobalt. But I think the assertion that a black and female lead being of the utmost importance to Disney's Star Wars is correct, even if I'm not in complete agreement with everything else. However, if all you have to cling to is "prove it", then I'm afraid the conversation is over for you. Nobody here is in a position to provide the proof you demand.

Sort of. Course Star Wars is famous for casting unknowns. Boyega is famous for being in a criticially aclaimed movie and being nominated for several awards. He was more famous then Natalie Portman was.

Oscaar Isaacs was not an unknown and I would consider an vetren actor.
Boyega was absolutely not more famous than Natalie Portman. That's nonsense. She was acting since she was a child and shot to fame in her first role. Her name was well known before she even read a Star Wars script. Her involvement in the prequels even encouraged other actors to sign on. That cannot be said for John Boyega. As for Isaac, he wasn't a lead. He was a secondary character. He was even set to die in 'The Force Awakens' only for JJ to hang fire at the last minute, because he liked him. In any case, this is all neither here nor there. The acting ability of the new Star Wars cast is not in question.

Disney's desire to have a black person and a female in the lead is.

Except Even in George's original story drafts for the Sequels it was always a female lead. Unless you are claiming George had a quota then that theory is bunk.
Disney didn't care for George's treatments. They threw them in the bin.

In addition, George has come under fire for his original Star Wars being too white and too male, despite having no intention to engineer it that way. That's why he created Lando. There's certainly a possibility that he may have wanted to avoid such accusations again, especially in the current political landscape of hollywood. I'm afraid such a thing isn't "bunk" at all.

Now you are talking about writting. That has nothing to do with casting.
The writing for the character was done before the casting. If that's not the case, then Diswars is in even a poorer state than I first thought.

I'm sorry that you have been put in a position trying to defend Colbolts riddiculus and we'll racist talked ng points taken directly from the daily stormer. No one should have to do that
I'm not trying to defend Cobalt's posts. He can do that himself. I don't even agree with everything he's saying. Nor do I think he's being racist, or saying racist things and I don't think such an accusation is warranted. But, it's clear that you aren't fully understanding what he's writing and that you aren't really interested in expanding the discussion. So why are you replying to him?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh my God Cobalt, you must have the patience of a Lama… the term casting pearls before swine perfectly sums up your response to certain posts that do nothing but lack common sense, in their blind worship/defence of the Disney corporation LOOL

BTW, JK was dragged on SM by the usual SJW children desperate for woke points, shouting her down for casting a Korean actress to play a “stereotype" of the "Asian snake lady”. Rather than clap back, and mock/troll/antagonize the children (like a certain caricature of the “supposedly” woke man does on SM), JK very cooly schooled the ignorant children on the Asian mythology of “women who transform into snakes” (and how the casting of Claudia Kim relates to her character's context) In a single tweet, she shut them down with knowledge-- like Sharaya J shuts them down when she comes through. JK is ferocious without missing a beat.

(Yes children, Hollywood only ever casts actors who are talented. Not because of hype nor because of insider support. And all awards doled out are genuinely in praise of true talent— not at all because of insider political maneuvering to promote their investments: whether that be actors or films. A powerful editor of a frighteningly revered publication matter-of-factly said to me when I thanked her for supporting a friend that these awards are “all politics”. But keep on believing that industry awards are all about the celebration of “true and genuine talent” though LOL)

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. Ok the. How come there was no black lead in Rogue One or even a black actor in the cast? If it is so important why would they have one there. I thought.they needed to fill quotas?

Why did they do Solo instead of Lando?

Why is the lead in Rebels a white male? There is no black character there either.

Or is this quota only apply to the 3 saga movies?

I only say prove it if one is asserting it as a fact. You do not seem to be doing that however Colbolt is.

Boyega was in a criticially acclaimed movie that side wide digital distribution and gaine d alarge following .

Portman's claim to fame prior to TPM was The Professional which saw a limited relase and Mars Attacks largly considered a bomb and Tim Burton's worst movie.

She hadn't done anything that gained her the respect that Attack the Block did.

Granted we are talking about greatly different time periods. A lot has changed just I'm terms of online distribution and the movie industry in general.

Ok I have to know where you heard Portman's involvment got others interested. I have never heard that before.

3. They still took ideas from it such as the main protagonist being female and living on a desert planet. That can't be ignored.

4. Yeah the point is if you made Rey male nothing about the movie would change. If you feel it's poorly written making Rey male wouldn't make it a better character. All the same complaints would still be there. Unless it is just about gender.

Same with Finn making him white changes noting.

So that is why the writting has nothing to do with the casting.

5. He could but he isn't. Problem is he is using racist talking g points from places like daily stormer l, saragon of akkad, Lauren Southern, and Been Shapiro.

He might not be racist but he is saying the same things racists are saying.

I understand what he is saying all to well, it is a argument pushed by racists who try to concern troll.