Boba Fett Spin-Off

Reaction score
Well, same old.. not an official word, but a word. Anyone really shouldn't be surprised if a Fett movie is made, anyway, it's a no brainer from a fan's POV. The content of such a film is what would truly be interesting, and the co-characters involved as well. Fett was always the least used, but most wanted character it seems, as where we've seen enuff Vader, Yoda and R2 to keep us happy all these years.

Reaction score
Curto posted a link on Facebook.
Sounds like the idea is a new guy in the armor, so Boba is dead...

Joe Johnston sounds like the front runner to direct

Reaction score
Seems it's a little more solid news than it's a "possibility, we all new it would be the first spin off or stand alone but at least it's now been somewhat confirmed. It will be interesting to see who's cast, I don't see why Daniel Logan wouldn't be used for the part.

Reaction score
Seems it's a little more solid news than it's a "possibility, we all new it would be the first spin off or stand alone but at least it's now been somewhat confirmed. It will be interesting to see who's cast, I don't see why Daniel Logan wouldn't be used for the part.
If they are going off of Boba dying in ROTJ then there is no point to include Daniel Logan. Oh yeah, they want to distance themselves from clones as well

Reaction score
dude, none of this sounds sensible, sorry but it's just too soon. People/the press just need to chill.... the sound of a spin off occurring in the same production timeline w/ ep. VII is just, well silly...it's seems it's enuff work just to get the first film of the ST going, nevermind the side stuff. The dude from Metalocalypse must not be interested in helming any future SW work, if so that diarrhea mouth ain't helpin' him. Besides, is there anyone on this entire forum that ever doubted Fett would be a #1 choice for a spin off? Don't need rumors for that logic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't see any of that happening either, makes no sense and it's definitely too early to start speculating.
A Fett movie would be best made between ROTS and ANH.

Reaction score
yeah. ...you know, just make a cool tale about a cool character. I see Logan as the Fett for the PT, never thought he'd be hired for anything else. It was cool for him to be in TCW, based on the era, but heck Morrison would most likely still be the Fett of any future; the origins (like said above) are done, now let's see him in some OT era personal action, living his shady life, in his prime.

Reaction score
I can't see them killing off Fett and tossing someone else in the armor and helmet, wouldn't be a Fett spin off then.
I believe the idea here is that it is Fett, in that the man seen in the OT (according to this treatment) had actually killed the original Jango clone and took on his name and armour.

Frankly, I like it. I've thought for some time now that making Fett the Dread Pirate Roberts of the GFFA would be interesting, and anything that distances/divorces the character from the whole PT origin and everything that came with it is a definite net positive, plus it ties into the old pre-PT story of Fett being said to have killed a man at some point in the past and assumed his identity.

Reaction score
What this suggests is that the armour is what makes him "Boba Fett" and not the actions, psychology or motivations of the character.
So any John Doe in a GFFA can put on the armour and become Boba Fett? That doesn't sit well with me at all.
Quite frankly, it reeks of poorly written, cobbled together fan fiction.
If that's what people want, then you're not going to see a movie about Boba Fett - you're going to see a movie about a Faux Boba Fett.

Pass.

Reaction score
What this suggests is that the armour is what makes him "Boba Fett" and not the actions, psychology or motivations of the character.
So any John Doe in a GFFA can put on the armour and become Boba Fett?
What this suggests is that this "Man With No Name" Boba Fett would have to be more cunning, skilled and overall dangerous than the Jango clone to acquire the armour.

Quite frankly, it reeks of poorly written, cobbled together fan fiction.
If that's what people want, then you're not going to see a movie about Boba Fett - you're going to see a movie about a Faux Boba Fett.
Quite frankly, that's an entirely suitable description of the Prequel Fetts.

Reaction score
??dude??, he acquired the armor cuz Jango's his frikken father!! If the galaxy after the events of ROTS doesn't know it's "Boba" , well ok that's sensible, cuz they're not watching movies...but I can't see this possibly making any sense otherwise. Boba's the only unaltered clone, the rest are aging 3x the rate...that's all there is to know there.

Reaction score
??dude??, he acquired the armor cuz Jango's his frikken father!! If the galaxy after the events of ROTS doesn't know it's "Boba" , well ok that's sensible, cuz they're not watching movies...but I can't see this possibly making any sense otherwise. Boba's the only unaltered clone, the rest are aging 3x the rate...that's all there is to know there.
Read my post again.

Reaction score
I never found boba fett that interesting. Whatever interest I had in him was squashed in episode 2.

Reaction score
Let's just hope any spin-offs made are handled well, thus far it all sounds just terrible. I see that in some recent blips, they imply the spin offs will, well "spin off" the new films. Anyone?

Last edited:
Reaction score
What this suggests is that this "Man With No Name" Boba Fett would have to be more cunning, skilled and overall dangerous than the Jango clone to acquire the armour.

Quite frankly, that's an entirely suitable description of the Prequel Fetts.

You're basing this on your own prejudices and not on logic. Nice try, but it just doesn't work. Square peg, round hole.

Reaction score
I never found boba fett that interesting. Whatever interest I had in him was squashed in episode 2.
I agree, but IMO this is what gives teeth to this rumor -

Disney may very well recognize that Fett being a clone doesn't sit well with the fans. Therefore, they may attempt damage control and have this clone killed off and replace it with someone else.

I think most would accept this, IF the story was good. Those that would be bothered by something so trivial IMO, would likely find something else to bother them about the movie even if this rumor wasn't true.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well this might make sense if they were going to use Jodo Kast, but they're not. So it makes no sense to me at all! I think using a different person just to be Fett is a BIG mistake! I understand that the waters are muddy because Bullock played him in the OT, then the character eventually became Logan. And will end up as Morrison in later years, because of the Cloning aspect. But if you're going to change the character, just go with some other Bounty Hunter altogether!

Don't try to bank off the Boba Fett name! I'm actually surprise Johnston would want o be attached with something like this.

All thanks to GL and his throwaway characters, and now Disney for wanting to redo everything!

My personal preference would be to see his adventures pre ESB, or perhaps earlier. Maybe what they should do, is cast an old man that passed his teachings onto someone else. And that person can become the new Bounty Hunter.

man I'm really getting tired of people changing, and redoing stuff just because it's easier!

Reaction score
I'm not a PT fan, and I don't find Boba Fett to be that interesting as a character. Before the PT, to me, what made Boba Fett interesting is that he was a mystery. Episode 2 not only ruined the mystery, but the story felt like a bad idea shoe horned into the PT. I'm still not sure why Jango Fett/Boba Fett needed to the template for the clones. In a galaxy full of people...it just so happened to be ...jango fett/boba fett? I get that he was a super mega cool awesome bounty hunter fighter guy, and that makes him the perfect soldier(I guess..?) but it felt like fan service. "Wait'll they see who the clones are made from!". That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.
Maybe they could focus on Boba Fett's son instead? :p ;)

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
I'm not a PT fan, and I don't find Boba Fett to be that interesting as a character. Before the PT, to me, what made Boba Fett interesting is that he was a mystery. Episode 2 not only ruined the mystery, but the story felt like a bad idea shoe horned into the PT. I'm still not sure why Jango Fett/Boba Fett needed to the template for the clones. In a galaxy full of people...it just so happened to be ...jango fett/boba fett? I get that he was a super mega cool awesome bounty hunter fighter guy, and that makes him the perfect soldier(I guess..?) but it felt like fan service. "Wait'll they see who the clones are made from!". That being said...as much as I dislike what the prequels gave us for a boba fett origin story, trying to dance away from it now is just as bad. The damages is done, they should just leave it alone. There's other stories in the SW to tell.
Hey guys was doing a google search on possible Fett stuff and came across the site and this thread and found it interesting. After reading over Fett's new history w/Jango and such it makes me wonder if they are going to keep it or since LucasFilm & Marvel are both owned by Disney now will they go back to the old Marvel backstory for Fett, that carried over into the Dark Horse era.

His name was Jaster Mereel (Origin created by Andy Mangels and character by George Lucas of course) He a enforcement officer on the planet Concord Dawn back during the Clone Wars era who killed his superior for some immoral act or such and he had to leave his home and joined up with the Mandalorians...

Previous to Mangels origin bits and pieces of his origin in the Marvel era of the early 80's told the story that Fett fought during the clone wars, and after it was over only 3 of the Mandalorian warriors came out of the conflict (STAR WARS issue#68 Written by David Michelinie. Illustrated by Gene Day and Thomas Palmer).

Whos other 2 names were Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa. The story is about Leia being attacked by local Slavers hunting random commoners of the planet and enslaving them for work and such. She lets the Mandalorian live, to find out it was Fenn Shysa, who like a friend Parma were part of the Mandalorian Protectors, a super-commando group sent to aid Palpatine in the Clone Wars in Firespray-class ships identical to Slave I. During the war, they were briefed on Leia and other enemies, but of 212 Protectors, only Fett, Fenn, and Tobbi Dala survived. ( the larger overview is found Here with a full retrospective found Here ).

Later in Dark Horse One shot "Twin Engines of Destruction"Writer(s):Andy Mangels

Penciller(s):
John Nadeau

Inker(s):
Jordi Ensign

Colorist(s):
Cary Porter

Letterer(s):
Michael Taylor

Editor(s):
Peet Janes

Cover Artist(s):
John Nadeau

Jodo Kast pretends to be Fett (though he used a roughed up customized Tyderium shuttle) but ended with Fett killing cast after beating the ever-loving hell out of him and stripping the Mandalorian armor off of him. When he does this Fett starts asking who was he to Kast's beaten face, saying you were Shysa you weren't Dala (which were the other 2 survivors from the Marvel Star Wars #68 Story) so the author had done his homework. While it wasn't the greatest of origins when I wathced episode II and saw this Jango guy w/him being the clone mold... I scratched my head.

So here's to hoping Disney uses it's Marvel roots for his origin which was better in my opinion. Oh... and hello my name is Rezikai I'm a star wars fanatic.

P.S.
As for his wife and daughter,... while it does contradict Leia's story in the Tales of Jabba's Palace novel which talks about Fett never having them... (it's in Leia's tale as shes trapped as a slave girl) I'm not going to have a cow over it, even then his backstory wasn't fleshed totally out.

The REAL gem of a read is in the same Tales of Jabba's Palace called... "A barve like that, the tale of Boba Fett". It tells the week-two week long struggle Fett has to escape the Sarlac, where he starts hearing the voice of a psychic inside the belly of the beast who died centuries earlier but his mind melded/meshed over the slow digestion period to merge into the skin/tissue of the sarlac.... he tells Fett jokes and tales of the Old Republic with a Jedi falling in but unable to escape.... Fett escapes of course... and well returns to the sarlac months later to repay the joke.

Reaction score
nice..are you a fan of Jawas of Doom?
Hey guys was doing a google search on possible Fett stuff and came across the site and this thread and found it interesting. After reading over Fett's new history w/Jango and such it makes me wonder if they are going to keep it or since LucasFilm & Marvel are both owned by Disney now will they go back to the old Marvel backstory for Fett, that carried over into the Dark Horse era.

His name was Jaster Mereel (Origin created by Andy Mangels and character by George Lucas of course) He a enforcement officer on the planet Concord Dawn back during the Clone Wars era who killed his superior for some immoral act or such and he had to leave his home and joined up with the Mandalorians...

Previous to Mangels origin bits and pieces of his origin in the Marvel era of the early 80's told the story that Fett fought during the clone wars, and after it was over only 3 of the Mandalorian warriors came out of the conflict (STAR WARS issue#68 Written by David Michelinie. Illustrated by Gene Day and Thomas Palmer).

Whos other 2 names were Tobbi Dala and Fenn Shysa. The story is about Leia being attacked by local Slavers hunting random commoners of the planet and enslaving them for work and such. She lets the Mandalorian live, to find out it was Fenn Shysa, who like a friend Parma were part of the Mandalorian Protectors, a super-commando group sent to aid Palpatine in the Clone Wars in Firespray-class ships identical to Slave I. During the war, they were briefed on Leia and other enemies, but of 212 Protectors, only Fett, Fenn, and Tobbi Dala survived. ( the larger overview is found Here with a full retrospective found Here ).

Later in Dark Horse One shot "Twin Engines of Destruction"Writer(s):Andy Mangels

Penciller(s):
John Nadeau

Inker(s):
Jordi Ensign

Colorist(s):
Cary Porter

Letterer(s):
Michael Taylor

Editor(s):
Peet Janes

Cover Artist(s):
John Nadeau

Jodo Kast pretends to be Fett (though he used a roughed up customized Tyderium shuttle) but ended with Fett killing cast after beating the ever-loving hell out of him and stripping the Mandalorian armor off of him. When he does this Fett starts asking who was he to Kast's beaten face, saying you were Shysa you weren't Dala (which were the other 2 survivors from the Marvel Star Wars #68 Story) so the author had done his homework. While it wasn't the greatest of origins when I wathced episode II and saw this Jango guy w/him being the clone mold... I scratched my head.

So here's to hoping Disney uses it's Marvel roots for his origin which was better in my opinion. Oh... and hello my name is Rezikai I'm a star wars fanatic.

P.S.
As for his wife and daughter,... while it does contradict Leia's story in the Tales of Jabba's Palace novel which talks about Fett never having them... (it's in Leia's tale as shes trapped as a slave girl) I'm not going to have a cow over it, even then his backstory wasn't fleshed totally out.

The REAL gem of a read is in the same Tales of Jabba's Palace called... "A barve like that, the tale of Boba Fett". It tells the week-two week long struggle Fett has to escape the Sarlac, where he starts hearing the voice of a psychic inside the belly of the beast who died centuries earlier but his mind melded/meshed over the slow digestion period to merge into the skin/tissue of the sarlac.... he tells Fett jokes and tales of the Old Republic with a Jedi falling in but unable to escape.... Fett escapes of course... and well returns to the sarlac months later to repay the joke.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
nice..are you a fan of Jawas of Doom?
heh, yea I read that one to where Fett falls back into the Sarlac after he and Han fight it out on a Sandcrawler. Though Lucas later said most if not all the old Marvel Tales would not be canon after the Dark Horse era got up and running so I take it with a grain of salt... and the story was a little hokey.

Reaction score
ahh man, it was funny!.....loved the cover art. Too funny when Han jumped of the sandcrawler at the end just yelling "BLAST!!!"...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is a pre-ROTJ story since he died in the Pit of Carkoon ( now that the novels aren't canon anymore). I'd live to see how he became one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy and how he got "in" with the Huts.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes that would be welcome, I thought I heard somewhere recently that infamous possibility of him escaping the pit was a maybe. who knows....much rather see what you mentioned, his rise w/ the Hutts, earning the rep. I often wonder, if the budget for the spin offs will be made considerably less than the $$ for the actual Episodes, that could determine the story's direction also. Marvel seems to not have that issue, all their pics are huge.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is a pre-ROTJ story since he died in the Pit of Carkoon ( now that the novels aren't canon anymore). I'd live to see how he became one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy and how he got "in" with the Huts.:)

There is an easy fix for that. First scene of the movie would be sounds of a blaster and then boba crawls out of the pit. :)

Reaction score
Well at least Morrison being cast as Boba Fett isn't the worst news ever. lol While some might not be happy with it, Boba was a Clone of Jango. And depending on what Age he's supposed to be, Morrison would likely be the first choice. I've already explained that I felt he wasn't "Star" material enough to headline a Movie, but I do think he could do a good job.
The biggest hurdle would be making the story work, and making it good!