Boba Fett - #ROTJ06

Reaction score
It also let me in now. :)
IDtoys was the same struggle.
Aye the struggle was real mate haha! I got on IDT right on 2200 and managed to get the armourer in my basket but took forever to get through the checkout process

Reaction score
Definitely going to pick him up... But the more I look at the photos, the more I hate the paint job on both of his blasters. (Can really see it on the close-ups on BBTS)

Once I have him in hand, that "rust wash" will be the first thing I change

Yeah, that weathering is really excessive. Keep in mind, these are only digital renderings...that could still change. I hope so at least.

Reaction score
Hasbro needs to redo ESB Boba. Look how amazing the figure is improved. Have to admit this is so much better than SHF version of ROTJ Boba.

Reaction score
Um $30?! This just went from definite buy to definitely pass! I was almost upset it was already sold out until I noticed how much it was, and yet a new figure such as Darkside Rey is only $20??? I don't get...

Oh well I'm not as invested in TBS as TVC so no great loss, but if this is their plan for future pricing on figures they can count me out going forward.

Reaction score
They are considering it a "deluxe" figure, like Zeb, Heavy Mando, etc. Whether it actually qualifies as "deluxe" is debatable, but that is their reasoning for his price. He's not a regular main line figure that comes in an assortment.

Reaction score
Looks good. Not as good as Mafex but better than Figuarts imo. I may pick him up for a Mythos custom

Reaction score
Um $30?! This just went from definite buy to definitely pass! I was almost upset it was already sold out until I noticed how much it was, and yet a new figure such as Darkside Rey is only $20??? I don't get...

Oh well I'm not as invested in TBS as TVC so no great loss, but if this is their plan for future pricing on figures they can count me out going forward.
It’s a completely new sculpt based on his ROTJ look. It’s not a repack.

Reaction score
Also, it’s not talked about as much here as on Transformers boards, but higher parts counts mean more tooling which means higher cost per figure. So far the deluxe sets(Probe droid excepted) have been high parts count figures.

Reaction score
Hasbro needs to redo ESB Boba. Look how amazing the figure is improved. Have to admit this is so much better than SHF version of ROTJ Boba.

The SHF ROTJ Boba is the absolute worst Boba Fett figure I’ve ever owned so that isn’t saying much and is disrespectful to the much superior Mafex version,lol.

Reaction score
Very cool but not deluxe, even as a resculpt. Three accessories, one of which is for...Jango Fett? There's a lot of open space in that box. Room for a chin-cupping swappable hand for sure.

Reaction score

That $10 difference makes me think it’s The Dark Side Rey that’s overpriced. That figure should only be $15 with how basic that is,lol

Reaction score
I feel the need to caveat with: obviously I did preorder it. Got hung up in the checkout on hasbro, then everything I was after sold out, shifted over to dorkside and preordered there.

GNT

Reaction score
I’m with you on this. Jar Jar is $30 and now Boba is $30? Are we at the point that any brand new figure is gonna be $30 and a figure has to have lots of reuse to be kept at the $20 price point?

Seems a little bit of a stretch for me for something that could and should be in the basic box packaging

Reaction score
I'm in. I'll customize my Archive figure and model kits into other Mandos. Don't care about the $30 price tag, it comes with a ton of accessories so IMO it's worth it.

Reaction score
It’s a completely new sculpt based on his ROTJ look. It’s not a repack.
Never said it was a repack, my point is for the last few years figures have been around $20 only to see an increase recently to $23 with Wally Exclusives at $25. Now to totally jump to $30 when this figure IMO is most definitely not "Deluxe" items seems rather odd, almost as if Hasbro is simply testing the waters to see how much people will pay.

Also, it’s not talked about as much here as on Transformers boards, but higher parts counts mean more tooling which means higher cost per figure. So far the deluxe sets(Probe droid excepted) have been high parts count figures.
Whatever a person tell themselves to help justify whatever price they want to charge, that's fine but lets not be fooled here. These are tiny added costs to add an accessory, especially when most of them already exist. Lets look at Fives in TVC, plenty of accessories there in what "Hasbro states as the more expensive to produce" line. Not to mention an all new sculpt I might add.

So in 2020 and beyond simply including the basic accessories required for that scene is now considered a "Deluxe" release? Ok I see the train stop coming up where I can happily exit this over price ride..

Reaction score
Never said it was a repack, my point is for the last few years figures have been around $20 only to see an increase recently to $23 with Wally Exclusives at $25. Now to totally jump to $30 when this figure IMO is most definitely not "Deluxe" items seems rather odd, almost as if Hasbro is simply testing the waters to see how much people will pay.

Whatever a person tell themselves to help justify whatever price they want to charge, that's fine but lets not be fooled here. These are tiny added costs to add an accessory, especially when most of them already exist. Lets look at Fives in TVC, plenty of accessories there in what "Hasbro states as the more expensive to produce" line. Not to mention an all new sculpt I might add.

So in 2020 and beyond simply including the basic accessories required for that scene is now considered a "Deluxe" release? Ok I see the train stop coming up where I can happily exit this over price ride..

I somewhat agree.
With all these and lately It certainly feels like they are raising the threshold, or lowering it, depending on how one sees it.

2014-2015
Biker Scout w. Speeder bike (1 figure + 1 vehicle/creature)
Jabba (big figure) (NOT the Jabba w railing and pipe which was an exclusive to SDCC)
Han + Taun Taun (1 figure + 1 vehicle/creature)
Luke + Wampa (1 figure + 1 vehicle/creature)

2019-2020
General Grevious (larger figure, more articulation and several accessories)
Heavy Infantry Mando (bulky and bigger figure)
Probe Droid (bigger, but not much else)
Luke + Yoda (2 figures + good amount of accessories, 2 heads for Yoda!)
Zeb (big figure, more articulation)

2021-
Jar Jar (slightly bigger? with a couple of accessories)
ROTJ Bobby (3-4 accessories)

Reaction score
Looks like the rangefinder moves, finally. Is the cape plastic or fabric?

I really hope it's not plastic.

Because having to pay $30 (it'll be more in Euros) and having to get/make a fabric cape will might put him in the pass bucket for me.

...and my god...they're asking $30 for Jar Jar?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score

I have interests in many other hobbies, and from what I'm seeing there, it's not just Hasbro doing this. There's many companies out there, of which to survive or to grow, are spiking up prices. I don't think it's completely out of greed, but it's in proportion to keep afloat with the present global economy impacted by Covid.

And to answer you, collectors, if they want it and have the means, they will pay. I remember when getting into this hobby and the outrage of the POTF price increase in the late 90's, and back then the general collector base was predicting the end of the hobby due to sudden price hikes... yet here we are with Haslab and Hottoys for example, well surviving by selling items that not everyone can justify. If so needed, Hasbro can push the price to $50 a figure, and as proven, it will just be consumed by the next level of collectors and still survive.

Reaction score
I have interests in many other hobbies, and from what I'm seeing there, it's not just Hasbro doing this. There's many companies out there, of which to survive or to grow, are spiking up prices. I don't think it's completely out of greed, but it's in proportion to keep afloat with the present global economy impacted by Covid.

And to answer you, collectors, if they want it and have the means, they will pay. I remember when getting into this hobby and the outrage of the POTF price increase in the late 90's, and back then the general collector base was predicting the end of the hobby due to sudden price hikes... yet here we are with Haslab and Hottoys for example, well surviving by selling items that not everyone can justify. If so needed, Hasbro can push the price to $50 a figure, and as proven, it will just be consumed by the next level of collectors and still survive.

I'm afraid none of the above is a justification for such a hike in price though. Everyone understands that companies (even Hasbro) maybe or are having difficulties at the present time. But that doesn't mean that price gouging of this sort is in order.

At best, this figure should be a $25 one and even then, that would be asking a lot for what's in the package.

What's happening here isn't Covid and it isn't recession. It's just taking the piss, because Hasbro know that people will want this Boba and will pay over the odds for him.

They managed to put out the Hoth Rebel Trooper for the usual price and that's just as "deluxe" as this Boba figure.

Reaction score
The digital renders look better than the MAFEX in my opinion, but I know I'm in the minority for not being in love with the MAFEX.

But....I bought it and it does the trick, so there's no real reason to get this one. It would cost me close to $50 to import it to Japan.