Boba Fett (ROTJ) - ***

Reaction score
It looks great, we really needed a 3.75" Boba Fett that wasn't terrible. It's funny that there's a newly sculpted ROTJ Boba coming in three different three different scales at around the same time, though.
Same figure as 2011 TVC one? on a different card
No, definitely new. The old TVC version was just the original SA Boba from 2004.

Reaction score
It looks great, we really needed a 3.75" Boba Fett that wasn't terrible. It's funny that there's a newly sculpted ROTJ Boba coming in three different three different scales at around the same time, though.

No, definitely new. The old TVC version was just the original SA Boba from 2004.
No it was newer than '04. It shared the same mold as the Kmart exclusive Jodo Kast.

Reaction score
Really hoping it's a non-removable helmet. Such an unnecessary feature for this character that typically takes away from the aesthetics of the helmet.

Reaction score
The helmet looks great so I'd imagine it's non-removable. That was always a dumb feature on the Evolutions mold. "Hey you know that character who never takes off his helmet in the OT....here he is with removable helmet.....and it's the actor from the mediocre prequel movie obviously....just as a reminder about that whole dubbing over his voice thing."

Reaction score
I'm usually not a fan of the new hip design...but this is the perfect implementation of it. Keep fixing figures and I'll come back and check them out.

Reaction score
I'm definitely in the minority that I'd rather have a new unmade character over this, and while it might be nice to finally have a all new ROTJ Fett I feel it would make more sense to save it for ROTJ's 40th. Because I really don't want to see reissues of this stuff in just 2 years later for that.

I'm guessing Chewy should be next then? I mean if we're redoing all of these sculpt that debuted in 04 with VOTC we could certainly start with Farmboy Luke and ANH Leia! Who actually needs updating over Boba. IMO I feel he's aged the best over most all of those early SA versions.
That said, he does look great and I will likely buy him!

Snaggletooth I already have as I tracked him down on ebay years back. though i guess it's nice to put him on a single card for those that didn't.

The one that interests me most is of course Greef Karga.

Reaction score

No that is definitely new. The thighs are modern at the very least.
No, it looks like a completely new sculpt. This one has rocker ankles, to begin with
Well something to get excited for then.

Reaction score
New Fett looks great overall, but since picking nits is what we do here😁....his feet do look a bit small, and its seems his range finder will lack movement. But overall, the digital sculpt looks great, especially the size of the helmet. Also glad they're using the alt card back.

Hope the new Snaggletooth sculpt is a homerun, and that Hammerhead isn't too far behind!

Reaction score
Pretty nice wave. Boba looks sweet. Still kinda would like all new in produced figures before more redos. I am a sucker and will still buy them. And if Boba does show up in season 2, easy money for Hasbro. Maybe Snags shows up too!

Reaction score
I just...it's a phenomenal figure, yes, but it just doesn't excite me much. I'm just kind of surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I ain't knocking the figure itself, as said, it's great. With the sheer lack of TVC figures we get, the sheer amount of (sometimes questionable) repacks, and the sheer amount of questionable character choices mixed with characters in need of remakes (or characters in need of even a first figure)...just...I don't know. Sure it's been a while since our last truly new Boba, but he's still a very solid figure IMO and steadily re-released often.

Eh...I just sit here and think Bib Fortuna, 8D8, EV-9D9, Tessek, Bespin Lando, ANH Leia, Lobot, Cantina Band Members, etc. Yeah this Fett is cool and all, but those? Those would have had me audibly say "YES! FINALLY!" That's even excluding PT and unmade characters.

Reaction score
Hasbro had me at "Boba." Of course I want one.

I haven't seen any discussion of the VC number. Do we know for sure that this is not VC09? If you recall, Hasbro originally issued the TESB version of the figure on a TESB card, and an ROTS version of the character on an ROTS/Revenge card - both numbered VC09.

Reaction score
Looks like a scaled down version of the coming Black Series Boba. Looks like we're starting to see new technology for 3.75 sculpts. Seems to be the dawn of a new era.

Reaction score
Hasbro had me at "Boba." Of course I want one.

I haven't seen any discussion of the VC number. Do we know for sure that this is not VC09? If you recall, Hasbro originally issued the TESB version of the figure on a TESB card, and an ROTS version of the character on an ROTS/Revenge card - both numbered VC09.
given that the cfc stormtrooper got a new image/logo ad a new tvc# i would expect R1 vader, r1 RFT and this fett to follow suit and get a new tvc#. and the wave likely be #183-187 since rex is #182 and his wv mates likely are filling in gap between #177 and #182 leaving #176 a guess ( r1 RFT ??)
To be honest, i was expecting a mando carded death trooper on non carbonized card to be in this wave, i dont know why, but i kinda expected it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exellent! I'll order two, one to keep on that beautiful cardback.

This finally pushed me to go ahead and order the new Slave-I, from Dorkside. I'd been on the fence about the ship since it was announced.

bac

Reaction score
This finally pushed me to go ahead and order the new Slave-I, from Dorkside. I'd been on the fence about the ship since it was announced.
Ditto. Dorkside and Best Buy are the only places that still have it in stock.

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know how they ever could do better.

Reaction score
I don't go TOO over the top with Bob Afett... but I've got an animated debut, mcquarrie concept, prototype armor, and the recent ESB release... SO I feel like I've just gotta have this guy to go with them. (And that Slave I, as folks said)

Reaction score
We've pretty much gotten the same Fett for years. Mostly. Holiday Special Fett, VOTC (ROTJ) Fett, and Prototype Fett are...basically...all the same figure. TVC/Evolution (ESB) Fett is also...basically...the same with a new removable helmet. Just minor changes though, belts mostly and accessories. Concept Fett is unique, but concept.

So while, I mean, I'm not insanely excited like some ...it's just hard for me to to be as stoked about updated of major characters (that have prior versions that still hold up very well) when there's so many character (ESB Lando, ANH Leia, Bib, EV-9D9, etc) in far dire need. But I mean, I get it. Mando is hot right now, Boba is the "original" Mando. Boba is even my, personal, favorite character. So there's no denying it is still nice to see an ALL NEW Boba Fett that looks fantastic and has even better articulation.

And I just have to reiterate...I'd have flipped my lid if a new Bib was announced.

Last edited: