Boba Fett Prototype Edition - Retro Line

Reaction score
Coming back from our trip today, we made it as far as our local Target when I told my wife I wanted to stop and check. This is one of the stores that said out of stock yesterday. Checked the Star Wars section, and of course nothing. So I was about to go ask the guy in electronics if he could check the DPCI for me, just in case. As I'm walking over there, I see a front end cap with a freshly stocked case of the Retro Fetts! I try very hard to not be "That Guy" but today, I beat the scalpers and got the set all in one shot. I left the two duplicates, which were blue and orange helmets. Used a Target Circle deal and my Redcard so it basically worked out to getting one them them for free.

20210808_150701.jpg

Reaction score
There were some about an hour away again today. But since my cancelled orders were within 24 hours it automatically cancelled them despite the fact that They cancelled the order and I didn't get one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
General question... Where in your store are they?
One store puts them in neca section, some have them on endcaps and some in the aisle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
General question... Wjere in your store are they?
One store puts them in neca section, some have them on endcaps and some in the aisle.
These were on an endcap in toys that faced right across to electronics. I couldn't even tell you what else was on it. My eyes saw the Fetts and that's all I focused on.

Reaction score
I've looked a number of times. I have yet to find a Fett or even the $13.99 peg. I've got half of the color combos so I'm not terribly worried about him anymore.

Now bring on the next wave of retro already! How stupid are they??

Reaction score
These popped up available (in somewhat decent quantity according to their site) at a Target kind close to me this morning and so I placed an online order for in store pick up. 80 mins later it was cancelled as not in stock. ****!ng Target sucks. I think I am 1 for 9 on online orders for these now.

Reaction score
These popped up available (in somewhat decent quantity according to their site) at a Target kind close to me this morning and so I placed an online order for in store pick up. 80 mins later it was cancelled as not in stock. ****!ng Target sucks. I think I am 1 for 9 on online orders for these now.
The hoops I have jumped through for these is astounding. I didn't have a quarter of the fuss getting Vader.
does anyone think the fact there are only six variants making it worse rather than better?

Reaction score
I was under the impression that if you successfully ordered one for store pickup, it would block future attempts, because you already have one? When in store, you can request a figure with the item number, but again, they're suppose to bring out one. Their anti-hoarding measures are helpful to those that have trouble finding exclusives, that's for sure. I think the only way to really hoard them is if you find a case on the pegs and simply take them all. Perhaps if they do something similar next year, they'll eliminate the peg altogether and make people use the website for single pickups? That would slam the door on scalpers and collectors buying them all...

Reaction score
I was under the impression that if you successfully ordered one for store pickup, it would block future attempts, because you already have one? When in store, you can request a figure with the item number, but again, they're suppose to bring out one. Their anti-hoarding measures are helpful to those that have trouble finding exclusives, that's for sure. I think the only way to really hoard them is if you find a case on the pegs and simply take them all. Perhaps if they do something similar next year, they'll eliminate the peg altogether and make people use the website for single pickups? That would slam the door on scalpers and collectors buying them all...
When they initially hit my area they were available for store pickup. yet they were put on the pegs, and a scalper took 6 of the 8, checked out and split. so only 1 person got their order filled, 1 person asked for them to be brought out, and 6 went most likely to Ebay.
On the other side of the coin, Hansoloroll lives about an hour from me, and I alerted him to a store closest to him that had in-store pickup at 2 am. he ordered one, I ordered one, his buddy and my wife ordered them as well. they showed 16 in stock, and by opening, they still showed 9 available. I waited outside that store at 7 am to make sure I got mine, and a scalper didn't make off with all of them.
Nobody in store could find them, and they cancelled our orders by 9 am. I am almost certain all 16 got sideswiped by an employee, because the truck manifest showed 2 cases. Additionally Target offered to allow us to switch stores for pickup. these were also cancelled.
ON TOP OF THAT, The next night around 2 am, they showed at another store, and my wife and I both ordered one each. our orders were cancelled right away because we placed another order for them in less than 24 hours.... which it was 24 hours later, but because we were able to switch to another store later in the morning, it restarted the cycle. despite the fact that we did not get figures at all... what a debacle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These were pretty easy to find in my area. I put together a set of 6 and have some extras if anyone is still looking. None of the cards are mint, but still display nicely or could be openers if desired.

Reaction score
These were pretty easy to find in my area. I put together a set of 6 and have some extras if anyone is still looking. None of the cards are mint, but still display nicely or could be openers if desired.
I'm interested! Doesn't need to be mint. Do you have a red headed variant?

Reaction score
I would be interested in one please.

Reaction score
jwh1974, I pm'd about certain colors but am happy for those who haven't got one yet to have first dibs.

Reaction score
At this point I am seconds away from cracking a beater apart and molding it and making my own sets.

Nothing is more frustrating to me than trying to collect modern toys. And, more specifically Target exclusives.

Reaction score
Thanks, and yes, I will prioritize those who don't have one yet. I'll respond to all inquiries later this week.
Figured out the PM thing just now, but I was the first to post that I'm interested in this thread. Just want 1 red-head one (if you have an extra), doesn't need to be mint.
Hope I'm not too late.

Reaction score
Its funny, I live no where near Indiana, yet Target shows me a store in Indiana that has it in stock. So for fun, i go to the "pick up in store" and the message I get is that I cant add the item to my cart, yet it shows that store has 4 in stock lolololol

Reaction score
I plan on making a Target run tomorrow because I need something else in that area. I promise to buy extras if I find any for the RS crew. I did hear last week that a shipment was planned, but the employee didn't know when. This may be the case for all Targets, so don't give in to scalpers yet.

Reaction score
Coming back from our trip today, we made it as far as our local Target when I told my wife I wanted to stop and check. This is one of the stores that said out of stock yesterday. Checked the Star Wars section, and of course nothing. So I was about to go ask the guy in electronics if he could check the DPCI for me, just in case. As I'm walking over there, I see a front end cap with a freshly stocked case of the Retro Fetts! I try very hard to not be "That Guy" but today, I beat the scalpers and got the set all in one shot. I left the two duplicates, which were blue and orange helmets. Used a Target Circle deal and my Redcard so it basically worked out to getting one them them for free.

View attachment 398069
Nary a sign of them in Bangor! Nice score!

Reaction score
Connecticut is a few states away but I get alerts that they constantly get restocks. This is because Long Island geograpically is close but seperated by a huge body of water.

Reaction score
Scouting report: Nothing but big baby yodas and the tiny figures that never sell...ugh.

Reaction score
Since I never saw one in-store and all my attempted store pick-up orders were cancelled, I am now trying to trade for this Fett. Please see my list in the trading section. Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
Connecticut is a few states away but I get alerts that they constantly get restocks. This is because Long Island geograpically is close but seperated by a huge body of water.
That’s funny because I check three stores regularly in CT and have yet to see them.

It’s amazing that despite all the advances in tech CT and LI still have this issue ALL the time when I Google things. Maybe we should time-share a jet-ski 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
That’s funny because I check three stores regularly in CT and have yet to see them.

It’s amazing that despite all the advances in tech CT and LI still have this issue ALL the time when I Google things. Maybe we should time-share a jet-ski 🤷‍♂️
I will just pm you when they are in. They move slow too....

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else in PA experienced this, but I have yet to even see a SKU tag for the Proto Fetts. Brickseek shows none in like a 50 mile radius. Unreal how bad the distribution is around here - then I hear the stories about in-stock store pickups not being fulfilled, all because some d-bag buys the entire case or wipes out the pegs. Such a bunch of scumbags...

Reaction score
The Target where I found them in the store had no slot for them in the toy aisle. I asked an employee about them since they were showing 7 in stock. She told me that they were in the stockroom as there wasn't an assigned place for them on the floor, so they had them in back as they didn't know where to put them.

I don't know how much truth there is to that but it was what I was told.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Target where I found them in the store had no slot for them in the toy aisle. I asked an employee about them since they were showing 7 in stock. She told me that they were in the stockroom as there wasn't an assigned place for them on the floor, so they had them in back as they didn't know where to put them.

I don't know how much truth there is to that but it was what I was told.

While I can't speak for the location in every store, there is ONE peg on a front end cap with a bunch of other "collectibles" on it. Some Funko Pops and whatnot. Nothing else Star Wars as far as I can tell. The end cap is directly across from the electronics counter. Seems like such an odd set up, but maybe it's a "Convention exclusives" endcap or something of that nature.

Reaction score
I had a quick second looking at the target app for gummy vitamins, and thought "I should look up ol' Rainboba Fett" and sure enough, the closest target to me is showing as "In Stock" but for "Buy In Store" only. Hmm...I have to pass it later anyways...

Reaction score
I had a quick second looking at the target app for gummy vitamins, and thought "I should look up ol' Rainboba Fett" and sure enough, the closest target to me is showing as "In Stock" but for "Buy In Store" only. Hmm...I have to pass it later anyways...
Its been showing that for 2-3 days now. Good luck if you make a run.

Reaction score
Still no sign of prototype Boba in central Florida even with Brickseeker.