Boba Fett Prototype Edition - Retro Line

Reaction score
I still haven’t found one at retail and I refuse eBay. Even brickseeker has failed me.

Reaction score
So these came into stock at my local Target last night around 930. I figured, oh what the hell, I'll see if I can get one - order went through fine. Woke up this morning to a canceled order email from Target as it's no longer in stock. Mind you, the store inventory counter was working fine last night - it went from 6 in stock to 5 when I placed my order.

I really don't care as I don't collect these, it's just a broken system that Target uses that irks me. What if it was something I did want..?!

Reaction score
I still haven’t found one at retail and I refuse eBay. Even brickseeker has failed me.
Brickseek was not working for this item for a while - not sure if that changed. Your best bet is to ask, IN-STORE, for them to check inventory and see if anyone else around has any. DPCI 087-16-6345 or TCIN 81959702

So these came into stock at my local Target last night around 930. I figured, oh what the hell, I'll see if I can get one - order went through fine. Woke up this morning to a canceled order email from Target as it's no longer in stock. Mind you, the store inventory counter was working fine last night - it went from 6 in stock to 5 when I placed my order.

I really don't care as I don't collect these, it's just a broken system that Target uses that irks me. What if it was something I did want..?!
There is still a certain store local to us that is showing a full case of 8, and that still hasn't reset their toy section fully, and they say they "haven't found the box yet" but it's there and "hasn't been put out". Last Friday, they told me Sunday. On Sunday they told me Tuesday. On Tuesday they told me Wednesday, and Wednesday they said "by opening Saturday" it needs to be reset. And that the regional leadership is "disappointed that the store isn't reset yet"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unless you have a local fan that felt it was ok to bypass the register lock and scan something else in place of fett... throwing off inventory.

Reaction score
Unless you have a local fan that felt it was ok to bypass the register lock and scan something else in place of fett... throwing off inventory.
Nahh, it's there. In fact, they must have just found it because this particular store just randomly showed up for in-store pickup about 2 hours ago...

Reaction score
I witnessed first hand, that the items go to the peg, then stock pickers for in store pickup have the same chance of you showing up early and grabbing one. I was right next to a picker trying to find one, and she did not.

Reaction score
I would ask to see a manager if there is a box of 8 in the store, and the toy dept or electronics dept is telling you they can't find them.

Reaction score
So I was able to get one of the last ones in my area, and this Booba Fett has got some dark areolas.
But seriously, it looks like this one slipped past QC with some factory marks on the figure. I’m not sure if call it an “error” but maybe? I tried to exchange but there weren’t any more by the time I picked it up.
B23D120B-D97A-4216-8A3B-D85B330D326F.jpeg

Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up with some feedback for Force Strong. My red helmet Fett arrived today. There was a bit of a delay but ENTIRELY the fault of USPS. The figure was packed unbelievably well and arrive in absolutely beautiful condition. Communication was excellent and overall the experience was 👍👍

Thank you!

And just for fun I've added how cool today's mail call was. If you into these kind of things... onebad07 is the seller to search on eBay. John is the stateside provider for Stan Solo figs and he is a great guy!

Attachments

• 20210806_093701.jpg
    20210806_093701.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210806_093124.jpg
    20210806_093124.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210806_093020.jpg
    20210806_093020.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
Reaction score
I just wanted to follow up with some feedback for Force Strong. My red helmet Fett arrived today. There was a bit of a delay but ENTIRELY the fault of USPS. The figure was packed unbelievably well and arrive in absolutely beautiful condition. Communication was excellent and overall the experience was 👍👍

Thank you!

And just for fun I've added how cool today's mail call was. If you into these kind of things... onebad07 is the seller to search on eBay. John is the stateside provider for Stan Solo figs and he is a great guy!
I just ordered a few things from Stan solo, he has the Gunners in, and the Imperial Weapons Technician. I needed another Gunner for my Death Star, but at the prices they command now, a repro will do. also grabbed the shadow trooper from him. love his stuff.

Reaction score
I found them at the Target in Decatur Alabama. I didn’t check Pop finder. They didn’t show in stock on the Target app.

update I did check pop finder they are showing zero.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never thought I would see this at a Target on my way home from work.

View attachment 397725
I gave up driving to my "local" Target and asking employees....wish I would've found those instead! I need 3 to complete the run, and if I happen to muster up the initiative and find any, I'll buy extras to sell at cost to members here.

Reaction score
I was able to get one via in store pickup on the Target app this morning. It's not a local Target (and I think it was the store LordZeppelin mentioned that had the lost case(es)), so I'll have to make a special trip out to fetch it in the next few days. Luckily, I am on vacation next week, so will have some spare time to take an early morning drive. I may keep this one as future trade fodder though. If I change my mind, I'll offer it here.

Reaction score
I was just able to order 1 via store pickup a little ways away. It said they had 2. Ill try to get the other when I go to pick him up.

Edit.... I tried ordering the second one. We will see if it gets cancelled.

Yup... cancelled

Edit again...order cancelled because someone obviously went and bought the two they had..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered 2 they were cancelled. Drove an hour to get another after they cancelled. and they couldn't find them. Gotta love Target.

Reaction score
I'm currently 4 and a half hours away from home. The closest Target to this area is almost 2 hrs. They are showing out of stock as well. Drove right by them on the way here, but I guess it won't be worth stopping on the way home tomorrow. On a good note, the New Hampshire stores are starting to show in stock, but of course none of them close enough to my area back home.

Reaction score
I ordered 2 they were cancelled. Drove an hour to get another after they cancelled. and they couldn't find them. Gotta love Target.

They still have not cancelled that order.

Correction: an hour after I posted this I see an email in my junk folder saying it is cancelled. I told you how much I despise Target Exclusives and always have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They still have not cancelled that order.

Correction: an hour after I posted this I see an email in my junk folder saying it is cancelled. I told you how much I despise Target Exclusives and always have.

Despise Target more then Walmart??

I always seem to get the target exclusives I look for. Target is easy to get exclusives. with a few minor exceptions.

Reaction score
Despise Target more then Walmart??

I always seem to get the target exclusives I look for. Target is easy to get exclusives. with a few minor exceptions.
So do I but this one has the scalpers unhinged. But when I get my Wally world stuff it rarely comes in good shape. So half of one and all....

Reaction score
I have always had more luck finding wally's items. Believe it or not. Except for the past year. Nothing is on the shelves.

Target on the other hand I have had to find through third party sellers since they opened the stores on Long Island.

Reaction score
I was able to get one via in store pickup on the Target app this morning. It's not a local Target (and I think it was the store LordZeppelin mentioned that had the lost case(es)), so I'll have to make a special trip out to fetch it in the next few days. Luckily, I am on vacation next week, so will have some spare time to take an early morning drive. I may keep this one as future trade fodder though. If I change my mind, I'll offer it here.

Target came through...

I'm going to hold onto this one for future trade bait.

Attachments

• 20210808_094739.jpg
    20210808_094739.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Reaction score
I like the blue body for some reason.
I can’t decide which I like best. The blue body is almost too close to an unpainted regular one for me. I like the purple and orange body ones. The Yellow one I got that has factory dirt marks on it is nice too.

Reaction score
On a whim, I placed another order this morning when these showed up in stock (I think there were 6 showing available at the time I ordered) at another Target 30 miles from me but it got cancelled as "out of stock" about an hour latet. Oh well, it saves me a trip to a store I didn't really want to go to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still like the purple torso the most, followed by blue, and then maybe red. No one reached out to trade my extra figure, so maybe demand might be close to met? Or no one wants to trade a Vader, though that one was hoarded more than Boba, lol. There is an unbelievable amount on ebay, its hard to fathom how many collectors are also scalpers - unfortunately, on the local level as well. Glad that people were prevented from taking entire cases in many situations. Kudos to Target, they certainly did a better job on this release than Vader. Good on the employees that enforced it as well, they were the reason so many of us were able to buy one at retail this time.