Boba Fett (Nomad) - #TM16

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ha! 😂 This also came to mind…

BruisedOffensiveAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif
There was a short lived comic and collectible store that I went into in the 90s, the only SW item was a Wampa, and I asked the guy about it and as he was getting it down he said "The world is a wampa.." to the tune of "the world is a vampire..." and to date I can't look at a vintage Wampa without thinking about that.

Reaction score
Personally I think Boba’s head sculpt and paint job leave a lot to be desired. To my eye, he looks more like a tan Dr. Evil than Temeura Morrison. I’ll pick him up, but I may have to buy one of the many (and far better) custom head options online.

Reaction score
Figure looks nice but I won't sweat if I don't find him in stores. As much as I love Boba Fett (and if you only knew how much I've spent on helmets, found parts, etc) we're about to be overwhelmed with merchandise.

Reaction score
To an entire generation that grew up on video games, this is a no-brainer. You gotta get the basic figure as he just starts out....then his "power-up"...then his final form!

Hasbro knows how to play me like a fiddle....I need it. Is it as cool as dirty armor or clean armor? No. But I still NEEEEEEDDDDDD it.

Reaction score
To an entire generation that grew up on video games, this is a no-brainer. You gotta get the basic figure as he just starts out....then his "power-up"...then his final form!

Hasbro knows how to play me like a fiddle....I need it. Is it as cool as dirty armor or clean armor? No. But I still NEEEEEEDDDDDD it.

Sounds like you're asking for a Book of Boba Fett Black Series Evolution Set! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Figure looks nice but I won't sweat if I don't find him in stores. As much as I love Boba Fett (and if you only knew how much I've spent on helmets, found parts, etc) we're about to be overwhelmed with merchandise.
I'm kind of feeling the same way. He's cool, but not a must have for me. I got the SH Figurarts Re-Armored version on preorder. That's the one I really want.

Reaction score
Good review but he still doesn’t really show what’s going on with the legs. It looks like they made an overlay to go over the thighs to cover the knee joint. I’ll have to see it first hand to really judge. Also, as others have said the head details are a little weak. But I still think I’ll get this guy, ditch the crappy Jedi robe, and maybe put a custom head on him. I know others feel Boba isn’t Boba without his armor. But I dig this look for that reason. It’s NOT just another repainted Boba on armor

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never considered him fat, stocky yes. Although as all people age we tend to put on a little extra weight so he's likelier a tad bulkier than his EP2 appearance which is understandable, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that wish they had his build.

IF this turns into a regular gig for him I suspect that he'll get into a little better shape as time goes on.

Reaction score
I've never considered him fat, stocky yes. Although as all people age we tend to put on a little extra weight so he's likelier a tad bulkier than his EP2 appearance which is understandable, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that wish they had his build.

IF this turns into a regular gig for him I suspect that he'll get into a little better shape as time goes on.

More than likely. Its pretty clear he LOVES being a part of Star Wars and is enjoying giving the Fett fans what they want.

Watching the "Behind the scenes" clips for the Mandalorian really shows how much fun he's having and his influence on the character.

Reaction score
More than likely. Its pretty clear he LOVES being a part of Star Wars and is enjoying giving the Fett fans what they want.

Watching the "Behind the scenes" clips for the Mandalorian really shows how much fun he's having and his influence on the character.

I love how he wants to put a little of his own Maori culture into Fett. Particularily the fierce warrior part.

Reaction score
It was more to cover how fat he is :p Overall a decent figure.
You’re not wrong, but the terminology should probably be softened. Tem has had to work on his physique for BOBF and the Mando S2 roles probably came a little too quick for him to get into screen-ready shape.

Mark Hamill had to get it in gear for TFA too. Both were basically living the grandpa lifestyle rather than hitting the gym every day.

Reaction score
Hamill also looked like he had let himself go before TROS was filmed. Can Force ghosts gain weight? No judgement, because I’ve been putting on some pounds lately too.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Reaction score
I ordered Bib, Boba, and Fennec from DST. The others I’m gonna hold off on til I can see some in hand photos

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Ordered a case. Surprised no other site has these up for pre order yet
ORC is the only other one that has them up (singles only). I thought for sure they'd be up everywhere this week for Black Friday.

I already have two Wave 6 cases on pre-order that appear to still be active at EE & Skyward, but I did go ahead and get a few extra Stormtroopers at DS.

Reaction score
March 22... :p

thanks for the heads up, will put a pre-emptive order in for Fennec x2 (one for the kid, she loves her), and Billy Boi.... i'll hunt and peck the rest of the line.

edit: 68 bucks for the 3 figures, free shipping. might be better to start ordering the case, but i've already got a lot of the OT collection in 3.75, not trying to double dip too much. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really wanna secure a pre-order cause I think these guys are gonna be hot, but I just don't trust dorkside. Been burned too many times, and the fact that they're taking pre-orders before everyone else sets off my alarms.

Reaction score
I put in an order for boba and fennec at DS, are they bad?
They’re not bad, I’ve ordered with them for years. Their customer service will always fix things amicably if you need them to, and they take cancellations without a fuss if you find products elsewhere before they can ship out. They are at the mercy of Hasbro when it comes to getting product in, which sometimes has no relationship to the initial promise date on their website.

Their fulfillment policies are a little strange though, and this would seem to be something they should have control over. Frequently we hear of people who place orders just as they receive a certain product, and their orders get fulfilled before people who had day one preorders. I’m not sure they’ve straightened that out yet so that preorders get priority.

But full case orders typically get fulfilled quicker than partials. That’s what I’m banking on with them again this time around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I put in an order for boba and fennec at DS, are they bad?

I'll just put it this way....Hasbro doesn't seem to consider them one of the "big boys" yet, and as a result, they seem to bite off more than they can chew and over-sell stuff that they never get enough product in to fulfill.

Not always, just sometimes.

I've had pre-orders go unfulfilled for six months while other retailers had already clearanced stuff out. It's all a big crapshoot with these companies obviously, and the supply chain nightmare is making it worse, but I'm just saying I personally only use Dorkside as a last resort.

Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of getting them at the end of March and may wait a week or two before deciding, I've had nothing but good experiences with Dorkside delivering.

In August of 2020, I ordered Cara Dune and Rebels Ahsoka. When the Gina Carano thing blew up a few months later, I was like "Welp, that's it; won't be seeing that figure" but I had no reason at all to cancel. And I'm glad I didn't. In either April or May, I received both figures.

A long wait? Yes. But given the kind of "mark" put on that figure due to controversy, I'm not sure how I could have picked it up without ponying up around $100 on Ebay.

Reaction score
I really wanna secure a pre-order cause I think these guys are gonna be hot, but I just don't trust dorkside. Been burned too many times, and the fact that they're taking pre-orders before everyone else sets off my alarms.
Yeah, I learned my lesson with DS... never preorder from them, only buy stuff that's in stock or you don't see it for like a year.

Reaction score
So is Entertainment Earth and BBTS the go-to place these days for pre-orders? I want to pre-order the whole wave and I'm not sure who to go with (when they finally do put up this new wave).

Reaction score
I prefer BBTS for the Pile of Loot feature; I ship 10-20 figures all at once. The downside is they charge an extra $1 or $2 per figure. I’m not sure if I save much in the long run, but I like to let pre-orders sit in my Pile of Loot for awhile and think about if I really want to keep it.

Reaction score
BBTS have never let me down and 75% of what I order comes from them. Living in Canada the loot pile system is amazing and saves me so much money.

They may not always be the quickest, but as others said, that's beyond their control. At the moment it's a lottery as to which site gets what and when. Even Hasbro Pulse are suffering.