Boba Fett (Morak)

Reaction score
It's weird with how they choose to use removable helmets on such as the upcoming Bill Burr figure having it while Bo doesn't. And TBH I wished they had gone that route with her because her swappable helmet is to too tiny IMO Her head looks like it would barely fit inside that...

I guess maybe it's a tooling budget issue though I don't know why because either way you're getting two head sculpts, swappable helmet and head or helmet that fits over head. So at this point I don't know why they all aren't swappable, perhaps the extra barbell piece is too expensive?

Reaction score
^ i get what you're saying about Bo's head looks like it couldnt fit under the helmet, but i geuss we fail to realize even though the toy's hair is plastic, in reality it wouldn't be so unless you're Gene Simmons or..(crap, the name of a few well known football players w/ huge hair escapes me atm) but hair should collapse inside a helmet

Reaction score
Troy Polamalu was a guy.

Swappable does seem to look and function better than removable, but that Bo Katan helmet sculpt was a misfire for sure.
TP was one, the the main one i was thinking was from many years ago. There was a video clip of a player that was on sidelines and took off his helmet and poof his hair like exploded and puffed out, yet he had it all tucked in under helmet w/o any indication he even had hair while helmet was on, it was a funny video clip back when i was a kid. but most players now w/ lots of hair wear it hanging out the back, but not the dude i was initially thinking about

Reaction score
This is deluxe?!?

I think Hasbro wanted to go with something that wasn't really deluxe, but they could price at a higher rate than the regular figures while giving it a TVC# at the same time.

It's a test of how we'll react like in MASH where Hawkeye takes Radar into the officer's club and does a poll about his new rank, Corporal-Captain.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro wanted to go with something that wasn't really deluxe, but they could price at a higher rate than the regular figures while giving it a TVC# at the same time.

It's a test of how we'll react like in MASH where Hawkeye takes Radar into the officer's club and does a poll about his new rank, Corporal-Captain.

Well they passed the test because the thing sold out in hours and people are complaining they can't get a pre-order in more than they are complaining about the premium price.

Reaction score
Yeah, now that I think about it Troy had his fro flopping around outside and down below his helmet. As for Mandos, I guess for some of them it wouldn’t matter much what was tucked in under their helmets, since they never take them off.

Reaction score
^ i get what you're saying about Bo's head looks like it couldnt fit under the helmet, but i geuss we fail to realize even though the toy's hair is plastic, in reality it wouldn't be so unless you're Gene Simmons or..(crap, the name of a few well known football players w/ huge hair escapes me atm) but hair should collapse inside a helmet
Yes, but I've accounted for that and even with the hair gone it's a very tight fit.

Well they passed the test because the thing sold out in hours and people are complaining they can't get a pre-order in more than they are complaining about the premium price.
Yeah but I think that's probably more to do with the Madness/sickness some people have about not getting something, we already know some people will pay anything for an item. The fact this is higher also suggest more limited units made versus basic release as it's an Exclusive so it will likely be more rare that say Fennec. which also drives people to thinking they to get it or risk never having it.

And while some seem very pleased to pay a premium price it only does one thing, drive those who can't out. So much for this line being aimed at everyone... Looks like the days of some people wanting it to be an online only line at $20 dreams have come true I just hope the actual line can survive it.

Reaction score
Yes, but I've accounted for that and even with the hair gone it's a very tight fit.

Yeah but I think that's probably more to do with the Madness/sickness some people have about not getting something, we already know some people will pay anything for an item. The fact this is higher also suggest more limited units made versus basic release as it's an Exclusive so it will likely be more rare that say Fennec. which also drives people to thinking they to get it or risk never having it.

And while some seem very pleased to pay a premium price it only does one thing, drive those who can't out. So much for this line being aimed at everyone... Looks like the days of some people wanting it to be an online only line at $20 dreams have come true I just hope the actual line can survive it.

Does any of that really matter as long as the figure sells out? Like who cares what the reason is lol

Ok that person has a "madness" and bought a couple and I really like that look of the character and bought a couple. What's the difference?

Reaction score
What is “madness” is that 1) this figure is deluxe and 2) this figure is exclusive.

Figure is not and was never called a "deluxe"

But yea the fact the Fett's main look from Season 2 of The Mandalorian is kinda weird

Reaction score
Figure is not and was never called a "deluxe"

But yea the fact the Fett's main look from Season 2 of The Mandalorian is kinda weird
Alright. It should not have a price that is similar to the “deluxe” figures like Ahsoka & Grogu, Stormtrooper & Cannon, etc…

Reaction score
Alright. It should not have a price that is similar to the “deluxe” figures like Ahsoka & Grogu, Stormtrooper & Cannon, etc…

It's way closer in price to a "normal" figure than one of those Walmart Deluxe ones.

Regardless I am not arguing that the price is justified (although I am personally ok with it) but it was never part of or implied to be part of that "deluxe" segment.

Does it suck that the only way to get either a Mando Season 2 Boba Fett OR BoBF Season 1 Fett is by paying a premium? Yes it sucks.

Reaction score
You might have been thinking of the WM Maldo Kreis set, which was $26.49. Or, the fan-channel Tatooine BF that is $26.49/$26.99. Both are "Deluxe Expressions". Hasbro's been kind of all over the place on pricing.

I'm an idiot too because Walmart just charged me for those $20 deluxe sets.

I agree - there is no consistency to prices of these different "expressions"

Reaction score
Yea removable helmets suck
I'm 100% with you when it comes the VC 2008 ESB Evolutions rehash trash, but having owned the new DVC Tatooine Boba, I was amazed on how good this removable helmet was. It keeps shape and I couldn't see that embarrassing nose bulge at the front of the helmet. Just through my past posts on how I trashed the previous 2008 Evolutions figure's removable helmet, then you'll what I mean.

Reaction score
Does any of that really matter as long as the figure sells out? Like who cares what the reason is lol
As far as Hasbro is concerned none, especially if they made a profit from said release. Where the "problem" comes in is they made less of Boba than Shand thus causing issues of rarity by their own hand effectively driving up the price while they're at it. Rather than producing the extra 10K units it would take to reduce the price to a basic figure's and opening it up for more people to get one. And for a main character for that matter, I mean it's not like it's a figure almost no one knows about and thus should be concerned about how many will sell and needs Exclusivity to even get released. :unsure:

it's obvious I'm going to sellout 5 of something quite faster than I would 10 of something, then you add the fact how long we waited for said figure as well as the scarcity of some figures in general it add to a certain demand, the thing is it won't last forever and at some point people will tire of over paying for them. Especially when you see it cheaper about four weeks after you have it, which has lead me to waiting things out more often now.

Exactly, because this Fett has no large accessory to justify the extra $6 like Ahsoka's Grugu, Owl & lantern as well as the Stormie's Cannon w/battery. Which IMO is a far better deal at $21 than BOBF (Tatooine) version with only two helmets at $27! WTF!? is going on with their pricing model?

As I said it may not have been sated as a DLX Figure but when it's $6 more than basic figure you have to wonder why when typically DLX figures have been about that much higher. Then to find out it's just a basic TVC figure that happens to be an over priced Exclusive it kind of sends warning signals and confirms the Boba Tax theory.

I think for a lot of us all we ask is a little more transparency, consistency, and a reason as to why figure C is more than figure B when it's clear there's nothing included to make it seem like a DLX figure at all. Despite the different retailer charging their own MSRP's that amount is suggested by Hasbro themselves hence where the term comes from, and built into that price the profit margin for the store based on what the retailer paid for it which is generally 25-35% on toys depending on the deal struck between the two entities. So those various prices make no sense to some of us in that context because they seem to be used arbitrarily or inconsistent with what one is getting to fit into a DLX price point

If I were to look at the current prices and compare them with the older lines one would assume the Ahsoka/Grogu is DLX while the BOBF (Tattoine) was Ultra, yet there's not enough in that $27 BOBF package to warrant the Ultra name because it too could have been put on a TVC card and has plenty of room for those two helmets. At $27 it should have also included a half torn torso and arm and leg since that's what it costs, and possibly a few boulders. The problem is all that stuff is Mando S3 related and that figure was BOBF version. lol So I honestly don't know what they were going for with each of these releases, what else BOBF themed could they have included to make it worth $27? it's just weird and all over the place with no logic.

The Maldo Kries I can just barely justify the $27 due to all that's included and the updated ankles and is a great entry set for a first timer because you also get Grogu, but for the price I'd have liked at least three more spiders of varying size. The set as it is should have been the same price as the Cantomo set, or even $2 more due to inflation but not $26 and change. IMO

Reaction score
I can learn to live with the price (or not live with it, whatever). But the thing that boils my bunions is that it sold out in ten minutes. Screw that. I’ll live with my custom and the Tatooine one (or none at all, frankly).

Reaction score
I do wonder how many actually "sold out" in the pre-order, because when they highly inflate the price, they can produce less and still swim in the profit. It's really a shame to see the brand taking this turn, because it will push many consumers away and leave lines like TVC dependent on hardcore collector sales, with little outreach to other potential customers. I didn't pre-order it myself, as I think $21 for an exclusive of a core character is ridiculous (surely not a Jocasta Nu type situation). The $26.49 pricepoint is far worse, and I feel it will have a deeper negative impact on the line and its potential going forward. I think there will have to be a reckoning eventually when they realize that TVC is primarily being bought by a 40+ year old crowd. The scale needs younger fans and diverse consumers to stay viable for years to come - these prices don't allow that.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Better image of the cardback from @toyhideout. Also, new image of the backside confirming that this will be VC252.

VC-Boba-Fett-Morak-TM-In-Hand-Carded-1.jpg

VC252-Boba-Fett-Morak-TM-Cardback.jpg

Reaction score
Better image of the cardback from @toyhideout. Also, new image of the backside confirming that this will be VC252.

VC-Boba-Fett-Morak-TM-In-Hand-Carded-1.jpg

VC252-Boba-Fett-Morak-TM-Cardback.jpg
Look at the cardback, those other figures......I've been aware of some but not all. Did everyone else know about this upcoming Vader?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Look at the cardback, those other figures......I've been aware of some but not all. Did everyone else know about this upcoming Vader?
Officially, no. The "leaked" reveal of Vader, Obi-Wan, & Reva was posted on various social media this morning starting I believe with Usual Mike on YT, but Toy Hideout posted new pics on IG around the same time. @matt292 posted the info on the forums here shortly thereafter. I think all three were basically assumed to be made at some point so not necessarily a surprise I guess.

Reaction score
no.....the 3 newbies..Reva, Kenobi and Vader are from OWK and complete the Anakin case @ 2/case while Anakin and Super Com-Mando are ea 1/case... glad i already preordered that case (the kenobi is said to be part of this coming week's kenobi weds reveals)

Reaction score
My sense is that this version would be more popular among the carded enthusiasts versus the boxed one, so it would be kind of interesting to know how many units of each were made.

Reaction score
Sure would be nice if target could narrow down a release date window for boba and the rest of the migs wave. It's listed as coming soon but so are toys with an October release date.