Boba Fett (Morak)

Reaction score
I know tooling is expensive, but this figure has 80% reused parts. Shouldn't that keep the prince down? Hasbro will mostly likey continue to leverage parts for more Boba costume variations down the road. It seems like $20 would be more reasonable for an obscure character with a single use sculpt.

It's not about tooling costs, parts usage, or the materials at this point.

It's just Hasbro (and retail partners) trying to see what they can get away with and push the limits of what collectors will pay.

Reaction score
Noone seems to be ale to get their acts together lately. I refuse to preorder something for next fall. I still haven't set foot into a Target since I was unable to buy the Stormtrooper prototype that I had 3 copies of in my hand and then running around the island to the Targets that had inventory for the Blue Squadron X wing. Target exclusives are the worst to try and track down.

Reaction score
Target is quickly becoming just as terrible to deal with as Walmart. I guess the only real difference is that at least at some point these *might* actually turn up in store and be easier to find than about 95% of the Walmart exclusives.

Reaction score
I don’t care about the price; I just want a chance to buy one. Hasbro runs its business in absolutely the stupidest way possible.

It’s like opening a hamburger stand for lunch at 11:00, and at 11:05 saying “sorry, hungry folks, we’re out.” And yes, it’s exactly the same.

Reaction score
I don’t care about the price; I just want a chance to buy one. Hasbro runs its business in absolutely the stupidest way possible.

It’s like opening a hamburger stand for lunch at 11:00, and at 11:05 saying “sorry, hungry folks, we’re out.” And yes, it’s exactly the same.
More like advertising they open at 11:00 but actually opening at 1:17 with 33 customers waiting...and selling out at 1:23

Reaction score

I think that because TVC has become so singularly focused on collectors that Hasbro uses concepts of “forced scarcity” more than they used to.

They want some folks to miss out on early offerings, so those people are eager to pull the trigger next time they have an opportunity, and are more likely to buy multiples when they do so.

I am certain they do this with GI Joe Classified — slow dripping releases early on — and TVC is probably thought of similarly by Hasbro.

Marvel Legends and Black Series have broad enough appeal that they don’t use the tactic as much in those lines. Could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve observed, as someone who buys some of all four lines but likes TVC the best.

Reaction score
Interesting take. I can’t actually believe a company would be that conspiratorially sneaky, but I know that companies sometimes really are that conspiratorially sneaky.

Reaction score
Interesting take. I can’t actually believe a company would be that conspiratorially sneaky, but I know that companies sometimes really are that conspiratorially sneaky.

It’s in the same ballpark as what collectibles companies do to encourage the anticipation of appreciation — limited edition sideshow statues for example. It’s just annoying that some of those concepts are making it into the marketing of mass produced toys. I don’t blame them too much for it, but forced scarcity is probably at least worth keeping in mind as a consumer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s what other collectibles companies do to encourage the likelihood of appreciation — limited edition sideshow statues for example. It’s just annoying that some of those concepts are making it into the marketing of mass produced toys. I don’t blame them too much for it, but forced scarcity is probably at least worth keeping in mind as a consumer.

And who knows, there’s always a chance I’m just reading too much into COVID related production challenges.

ZX3

Reaction score
Since this is mostly like an online exclusive the price point is back to up to $27 (after shipping). I know tooling is expensive, but this figure has 80% reused parts. Shouldn't that keep the prince down? Hasbro will mostly likey continue to leverage parts for more Boba costume variations down the road. It seems like $20 would be more reasonable for an obscure character with a single use sculpt.
tvc-deluxe-boba-fett-comparison-2-jpg.411247

I'm not sure how much of it is reused. The legs and feet are obviously different, and a new head, different belt, but take a look at his gauntlets- maybe it's just the angle, lighting, and paint, but there appear to be some sculpting differences there too. The shoulder pad looks rounder at the top. Even the rocket on the jet pack looks different- thicker, more blunted at the tip, and less angled.
It would seem to make sense to use the Tatooine version with just a couple tweaks, but it oddly looks like it might be a mostly different figure. It will be interesting when both are in hand to see if that's so.

Reaction score
Im happy to have both but I like the tatoonie figure better.

Reaction score

I'm not sure how much of it is reused. The legs and feet are obviously different, and a new head, different belt, but take a look at his gauntlets- maybe it's just the angle, lighting, and paint, but there appear to be some sculpting differences there too. The shoulder pad looks rounder at the top. Even the rocket on the jet pack looks different- thicker, more blunted at the tip, and less angled.
It would seem to make sense to use the Tatooine version with just a couple tweaks, but it oddly looks like it might be a mostly different figure. It will be interesting when both are in hand to see if that's so.

I'm inclined to agree with you at first, but I can't shake the feeling that since it'll be months before anyone is able to have both of these in-hand, it'll be likely that there will be a LOT of re-use between the two.

I'm also starting to think that the $20 price point on this one is how they're going to gradually introduce the price increase. Kinda makes me glad I missed the preorder, but it also makes me the dope who is paying an extra $6 for two stormtrooper helmets in the other set :/

Reaction score
I think that because TVC has become so singularly focused on collectors that Hasbro uses concepts of “forced scarcity” more than they used to.

They want some folks to miss out on early offerings, so those people are eager to pull the trigger next time they have an opportunity, and are more likely to buy multiples when they do so.

I am certain they do this with GI Joe Classified — slow dripping releases early on — and TVC is probably thought of similarly by Hasbro.

Marvel Legends and Black Series have broad enough appeal that they don’t use the tactic as much in those lines. Could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve observed, as someone who buys some of all four lines but likes TVC the best.
Considering the shape of things action figure related it wouldn't surprise me, you got to do what you can to increase sales and it's not like this practice has never been done before by a company, you just don't hear about it. In fact we often don't hear about a lot of things from the so-called news outlets who are more in favor of pushing other news. In fact some people think that Disney is creating artificial demand for their AP's by not offering them, you know kind of like the Vault for Movies? Then when you to offer them again people buy them up like crazy before they go back into the vault.

After all one thing that might be driving demand for this at such a higher price than basic figure is the fact we don't really get that much anymore compared to years past and that drought has obviously starved a lot of us in that regard. So when we see a new item offered and we know it will potentially sell out in minutes we feel we must get it at any cost or possibly lose out forever unless we want to pay double on secondary market. Fear drives people to do things they normally wouldn't otherwise, while others may simply have no impulse control and need everything no matter the price.

Reaction score
Well put, and its not that most people are comfortable paying these prices for basic figures, they rightly think that if they don't buy it now, they'll never get the chance, which has been the case countless times over the years. Likewise, if a company is manipulating availability, it will only help to feed that addictive nature for some folks, while others call it out and step back. I'm frankly not happy with how this brand has evolved in the last several years, because its creeping toward satisfying a smaller crowd while ignoring the true nature of these products - that they're toys.

Reaction score

1643308849465.png
except it's I'll gladly pay you today for a Hamburger whenever the hell you feel like giving me one.

Reaction score

The lower bodies seem to be unique to the respective figure. We know the jetpack isn't the same because the deluxe one has a removable rocket. The gauntlets don't appear to to be shared.

The portraits don't look the same but honestly they should be switched. The Morak version should be the more weathered and scarred version.

It looks like they might share the torso and upper arms...maybe. So yea everyone get their panties in a bunch because of the imagined correlation between reuse and price points.

Reaction score
These figures are ok...not stressing about getting these in a hurry. I learned a long time ago, with patience most of the time chances will arise to cop what you want. With that being said....Hasbro has still not made the Boba I thought they would. Boba Fett (Tython) is the one I want in TVC on a Mando card. IMO the most bada$$ recent look. C'mon Hasbro!!
boba-fett-2~2.jpgScreenshot_20220127-155047.pngKill-Off-Boba-Fett-~2.jpg

Reaction score
It's not about tooling costs, parts usage, or the materials at this point.

It's just Hasbro (and retail partners) trying to see what they can get away with and push the limits of what collectors will pay.
Price on this is nuts, but I bought it only because it was Bobs and they likely won't release it again, certainly not soon.

I certainly won't be doing this for every figure. My collecting has been slowing down over the past couple of years and if it's going to get this expensive it's not worth it. Not when they're now the price of 6 inch figures.

Reaction score
I applaud those who said "I am speaking with my wallet and am passing on this." I do not have your convictions when it comes to this particular figure, since it was a no-brainer pre-order for me.

However...

Not long ago, members of the SW collector community spoke with their collective wallets by *not* backing the HasLab Rancor. Is it not the purpose of withholding funds from a project like this to send a message and have the other party (Hasbro) change behavior based on that message?

Is it fair to say the message collectors delivered to Hasbro with respect to the Rancor was lost/forgotten/ignored when it came to this Boba Fett figure?

A common theme leading up to the Rancor's failure was "This isn't worth $350. For $150, I'd back it." As gorgeous as this figure looks, it's impossible for me to say it's worth $21 when its contemporaries have prices of $12.99 or $13.99. And I say that having pre-ordered the thing.

And yet, here we are with Hasbro going the *opposite* way in how it's handled this particular release.

So is the whole intent behind "speaking with our wallets" a pointless gesture? Or am I making an incorrect link between a Black Series HasLab project and an alleged "deluxe" TVC release?

Reaction score
Well put, and its not that most people are comfortable paying these prices for basic figures, they rightly think that if they don't buy it now, they'll never get the chance, which has been the case countless times over the years. Likewise, if a company is manipulating availability, it will only help to feed that addictive nature for some folks, while others call it out and step back. I'm frankly not happy with how this brand has evolved in the last several years, because its creeping toward satisfying a smaller crowd while ignoring the true nature of these products - that they're toys.

This is another thing that's disappointed me about their showings at TF and SDCC the last few years they had them. At least the way they handled the Marvel Universe line in '09/'10 (I wasn't collecting SW at the time), they would show off a bunch of stuff for the year. You didn't know when it was coming, but you knew what was coming. The slow trickle of reveals as they do them now gets confusing and honestly kind of kills the excitement (unless it's a figure off your most-wanted list that you are REAL excited for).
I applaud those who said "I am speaking with my wallet and am passing on this." I do not have your convictions when it comes to this particular figure, since it was a no-brainer pre-order for me.

However...

Not long ago, members of the SW collector community spoke with their collective wallets by *not* backing the HasLab Rancor. Is it not the purpose of withholding funds from a project like this to send a message and have the other party (Hasbro) change behavior based on that message?

Is it fair to say the message collectors delivered to Hasbro with respect to the Rancor was lost/forgotten/ignored when it came to this Boba Fett figure?

A common theme leading up to the Rancor's failure was "This isn't worth $350. For $150, I'd back it." As gorgeous as this figure looks, it's impossible for me to say it's worth $21 when its contemporaries have prices of $12.99 or $13.99. And I say that having pre-ordered the thing.

And yet, here we are with Hasbro going the *opposite* way in how it's handled this particular release.

So is the whole intent behind "speaking with our wallets" a pointless gesture? Or am I making an incorrect link between a Black Series HasLab project and an alleged "deluxe" TVC release?

I don't disagree with the notion but I don't think the correlation is that close. Black Series Rancor wasn't exactly clamored for before the announcement. Even before the stretch goals, the excitement just wasn't there to same way it was for previous HasLabs or even the other ones running with it. To compare that to one of the most popular characters, that is always a good seller and at possibly the height of his popularity during the original airing of his starring show just isn't the same. Even if people were voting with their wallets, he's a popular character that even non-collectors would be enticed to buy a figure of.

Reaction score
Price on this is nuts, but I bought it only because it was Bobs and they likely won't release it again, certainly not soon.
Have you not seen the six versions they made of Din? And they ain't done there. Surely they'll reissue Fett again at some point as they will certainly need new repack candidates they can justify the new price points on, because figures from 10+ years ago aren't worth $15-20.

Part of me still wants the beat up Tython version from Mando, but if it's going to be a $20+Exclusive I'll have to pass once again. Same for Nomad Fett.
What I would have paid $26 for is if they had included TCW Boba as a "flashback" version, it just needed a new realistic head sculpt. If they can put Ahsoka, Gorgu, owl and lamp in set for $21 then my idea is totally plausible.

Reaction score
Where I live, it's like this for 2022. Basic TVC figures are going up 5 Euros from 20 to 25 a piece. Deluxe figures, right now, are going for 30 Euros. I got the maldo Kreis Din for 25 because it came in 2021. All then other deluxe figures cist 30 for 2022. That could change though. So, basically a deluxe figure is 5 Euros more than a basic figure. Yes, that's a big difference when you compare this Boba to fennec Shand, but less of a difference when you compare Bib Fortune to the Stormtrooper with E-Web.

Either way, at those prices, I'm re-thinking everything I want to buy and rethinking whether I really want multiples of any figure.

Reaction score
Where I live, it's like this for 2022. Basic TVC figures are going up 5 Euros from 20 to 25 a piece. Deluxe figures, right now, are going for 30 Euros. I got the maldo Kreis Din for 25 because it came in 2021. All then other deluxe figures cist 30 for 2022. That could change though. So, basically a deluxe figure is 5 Euros more than a basic figure. Yes, that's a big difference when you compare this Boba to fennec Shand, but less of a difference when you compare Bib Fortune to the Stormtrooper with E-Web.

Either way, at those prices, I'm re-thinking everything I want to buy and rethinking whether I really want multiples of any figure.
At that point isn't it cheaper to import them?

Reaction score
Well, the figures are cheaper in the US, but then I'd have to pay sales tax here (19% in Germany) as well as the shipping costs, which I'm not sure what they'd be. Due to the USPS the post office here has stopped allowing what they called a large letter because the USPS wants anything that isn't documents to be a package, so the cost of any package from Germany to the US costs around $60 postage, but it can be up to a pound or so. My mom sends things once on a while and she pays a pretty hefty price for postage from the US.

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with you at first, but I can't shake the feeling that since it'll be months before anyone is able to have both of these in-hand, it'll be likely that there will be a LOT of re-use between the two.

I'm also starting to think that the $20 price point on this one is how they're going to gradually introduce the price increase. Kinda makes me glad I missed the preorder, but it also makes me the dope who is paying an extra $6 for two stormtrooper helmets in the other set :/
They seem mislabeled.

Reaction score
The other negative is that if too many collectors here import everything, then it'll kill off the hone market for SW figures and that would be the end of my collecting days.

Reaction score
...After all one thing that might be driving demand for this at such a higher price than basic figure is the fact we don't really get that much anymore compared to years past and that drought has obviously starved a lot of us in that regard. So when we see a new item offered and we know it will potentially sell out in minutes we feel we must get it at any cost or possibly lose out forever unless we want to pay double on secondary market. Fear drives people to do things they normally wouldn't otherwise, while others may simply have no impulse control and need everything no matter the price.
The past 5 years or so have seen a massive increase in online reselling (aka scalping). I don't know if people really use bots or not, but somehow people are making successful businesses from buying anything perceived as "collectible" and reselling it (or PRE-selling it) online for 2x or more. Speaking with our wallets doesn't really go far with Hasbro or Target, but we've got to stop inflating prices on eBay because we've "gotta have it!" Then, that scapler, um seller, adds another $5-10 on their next listing, and the next guy adds $5-10 to that to see if they can pull it. Next thing you know, a mass-produced, if in lesser quantities, Boba Fett figure is fetching $50 on the secondary market because end-buyers couldn't actually purchase them from the original source. A lot of people are looking to make easy money online with the poor global economy, but I can't "respect the grind". I ground all day for this figure, on and off F5ing, and couldn't catch it.

Reaction score
The past 5 years or so have seen a massive increase in online reselling (aka scalping). I don't know if people really use bots or not, but somehow people are making successful businesses from buying anything perceived as "collectible" and reselling it (or PRE-selling it) online for 2x or more. Speaking with our wallets doesn't really go far with Hasbro or Target, but we've got to stop inflating prices on eBay because we've "gotta have it!" Then, that scapler, um seller, adds another $5-10 on their next listing, and the next guy adds $5-10 to that to see if they can pull it. Next thing you know, a mass-produced, if in lesser quantities, Boba Fett figure is fetching $50 on the secondary market because end-buyers couldn't actually purchase them from the original source. A lot of people are looking to make easy money online with the poor global economy, but I can't "respect the grind". I ground all day for this figure, on and off F5ing, and couldn't catch it.
RESORTING IS SUPPORTING!!!
This is part of the reason why I buy extras, and pass them along here at cost when I can.

on a side note, these people are also responsible for the new $600 tax threshold. as soon as they lose money, the scalpers will start dying off.

Reaction score
The other negative is that if too many collectors here import everything, then it'll kill off the hone market for SW figures and that would be the end of my collecting days.
Maybe when I visit Germany again, I should load up my suitcase with figures for you...lol.

Reaction score
Maybe this is Hasbro's way of paying off for all the money they spent on the Haslab Rancor already. Everything else will pay for what they spent already.
Probably,.. also lets not forget the massive losses on the Snake-Eyes movies. yet somehow GiJoe is getting a return to the O-ring as an entire line of figures.... seems the Star Wars division is picking up the tab for some bad financial losses.

Reaction score
These figures are ok...not stressing about getting these in a hurry. I learned a long time ago, with patience most of the time chances will arise to cop what you want. With that being said....Hasbro has still not made the Boba I thought they would. Boba Fett (Tython) is the one I want in TVC on a Mando card. IMO the most bada$$ recent look. C'mon Hasbro!!
View attachment 411535View attachment 411536View attachment 411537
The Tython version of Boba Fett is probably gonna cost even more. That's a lot of paint deco..

Reaction score
^ could be the recently rumors $26.49 Target excl. aka "lawrence" but could there be extra accessories? Maybe removable armor?