Boba Fett (Morak)

GNT

Reaction score
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION BOBA FETT (MORAK) Figure
Target Exclusive

MSRP: $20.99
Estimated to ship: Fall 2022

Link

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION BOBA FETT (MORAK) figure is inspired by Boba Fett, the legendary character in STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN, and once the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. This collectible figure features premium detail and design, collector grade deco, and is highly articulated with a fully poseable head, arms, and legs. The Vintage Collection action figure comes with 4 entertainment-inspired accessories.

1643159469348.jpeg

1643159554707.jpeg
1643159652616.jpeg
Will you be purchasing this figure?

Reaction score
at first it felt like i'd already ordered the other deluxe fett and i didn't need this one, but the more i compare the two, the more i think this is the better figure. that said, i'm still keeping my preorder for the other one so i can compare in hand.

kk1

Reaction score
Glad I don't like the show so I don't have to waste money on this crap, Boba Fett now with puffy pants only $21 LOL

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think this might be the future of TVC - $21 for a basic figure now, which is better than the $26.50 error price, but still too much for what's being released, considering there is nothing deluxe about it. I really don't think the basic range of newly sculpted figures have a perceived value over $15 for many consumers in most cases, so releases like this hurt potential growth. They might be able to sell out of 5-10k of them quickly, but when demand could be at 30k with the right pricepoint and marketing, something is off with the way figures are now being released. I don't think a boutique line is what most collectors, nor LFL envisioned for this scale.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think this might be the future of TVC - $21 for a basic figure now, which is better than the $26.50 error price, but still too much for what's being released, considering there is nothing deluxe about it. I really don't think the basic range of newly sculpted figures have a perceived value over $15 for many consumers in most cases, so releases like this hurt potential growth. They might be able to sell out of 5-10k of them quickly, but when demand could be at 30k with the right pricepoint and marketing, something is off with the way figures are now being released. I don't think a boutique line is what most collectors, nor LFL envisioned for this scale.
I wanted one and started just before the hour. Refreshed repeatedly until it appeared, add to cart, but already out of stock. That was probably in 1-2 minutes. Tried refreshing on-and-off all day, but never got lucky. I'm trying to figure out if Hasbro really made that few of this figure, or if bots/scalpers are crashing the server for "easy money" (a big-name figure exclusive). I'm too tired to try doing the math, but I've always been of the mind of selling more for less will net you more than selling a few at a higher price.

bac

Reaction score
With this guy added we really need a Morak Mayfeld tank driver figure. I don't see Hess ever getting made.

Reaction score
With this guy added we really need a Morak Mayfeld tank driver figure. I don't see Hess ever getting made.
may be an easy custom once a reasonable head sculpt is found/3Dprinted...well that is if you can find more than 1 Din driver figure. I have a feeling that he'll be one of the 4 that's 1/case. I'd say that any 2 of TCW unnamed troopers should be 2x. Jesse, I think he'll he 1/cs as well

Reaction score

I'm split on Mayfield. I much prefer the S1 outfit but I think we kinda NEED S2 now...

Reaction score
I ordered two because I had a gift card and wanted to still get free shipping, so I didn’t feel bad. Otherwise, I would have only purchased one. There wasn’t much to sell to me on this one. I thought the alternative outfit would really be cool, but when I saw the leaked pics last night, I had to really think about even picking this one up…

Reaction score
Why are we even calling this "deluxe"? Not anywhere in any official narrative from Star Wars, Target or Disney was the ever called "deluxe". We assumed it was based on the initial price tag but now knowing it was 20.99 and not 26.99 there is no reason to think that this WON'T be on a normal card. It's a retailer exclusive at a premium price but was never called "deluxe"

People get crazy over the most trivial things...

Every deluxe figure so far has this (including the Walmart ones):

1643171380864.png

This Fett (Morak) has no such mention

This should be a regular carded release. The idea that this qualifies as a deluxe is absurd.

Would have looked fantastic as a regular carded figure too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe that with how fast pre-orders have been selling out that the would actively make less units going forward, especially of a current D+ show main character, and a popular one like Fett at that. So it has to an attempt to hedge off rising costs that every other company is doing, hence why groceries and gas are more.
I still hold out hope that a main line Fett will come at some point, he would have to, IMO it's feels like poor from to make his only releases either an exclusive or premium price item while other characters have a basic $14 release.

Glad I don't like the show so I don't have to waste money on this crap, Boba Fett now with puffy pants only $21 LOL
Now he's ready for that hammer time video!

Why are we even calling this "deluxe"? Not anywhere in any official narrative from Star Wars, Target or Disney was the ever called "deluxe".
Okay then, "Over priced Exclusive" compared to the recent slightly higher $16 Gaming Greats Clone Repaints. Regardless of the terminology that's what it is pure and simple. People assumed DLX because of the error in est. price point of $26, the same price that Din (Maldo Kries) and Boba Fett (Tatooine" were. Acting like $21 is any better is still fooling yourself into perceived value when a superb looking figure like Fennec which is on par with this Boba is only $14. I fail to see what makes this figure worth $7more than Fennic, 186 Fett or for that matter Death Watch Mandalorian.

Reaction score
To be fair, Fett was one of the few highlights of the show. He looked better there than in ROTJ. Still not cool but...eh.

Reaction score
Robin summed it up best (about the price + Target exclusive, figure looks good):

I'm curious what's so deluxe about this Fett compared to the ROTJ one we got recently.

Reaction score
It’s bizarre — I love the Mando Morak episode, generally love Temura Morrison’s portrayal, and am relatively happy with BOBF, but I have no interest in either of his new armored looks, which I’ll always see as a lesser bastardization of the OT design.

I’d rather a Dune Sea Boba in long johns, with heavy scarring, a prisoner pole, and a massiff. That’s still the best stretch of the new show imo and I hope it gets a figure at some point.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
We assumed it was based on the initial price tag but now knowing it was 20.99 and not 26.99 there is no reason to think that this WON'T be on a normal card. It's a retailer exclusive at a premium price but was never called "deluxe".
Granted the description on both the press release and product page don't state "deluxe" anywhere, but even at the $20.99 price point it would have suggested a deluxe figure as that's the same price point as the three WM exclusive deluxe figures. However, having thought about it some more since this afternoon, I've changed my mind to this will be a carded, non-deluxe figure just at an overly inflated "exclusive" price point, rather than a boxed deluxe release.

Reaction score
may be an easy custom once a reasonable head sculpt is found/3Dprinted...well that is if you can find more than 1 Din driver figure. I have a feeling that he'll be one of the 4 that's 1/case. I'd say that any 2 of TCW unnamed troopers should be 2x. Jesse, I think he'll he 1/cs as well
i need at least 4 din driver figures.

Reaction score
got my order in but I'm skeptical that Target will fulfill the order. I still have yet to receive my Droids Boba Fett or R2 or the 6" Black Series Droids Boba Fett. I've seen reports of people finding these on the pegs in the store and it worries me.

bac

Reaction score
I agree that this will probably be on the card based on what's being offered, and the card already existing for Retro.

I would take the product description with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I still have yet to receive my Droids Boba Fett or R2 or the 6" Black Series Droids Boba Fett. I've seen reports of people finding these on the pegs in the store and it worries me.
In the U.S.? I haven't seen any reports of U.S. in-store finds. I would imagine if there was a credible report it would be splashed all over the major fan sites by now.

Reaction score
Knowing what we know now and seeing the price point for this one I think I would have preferred the following for the Fett figures that have been announced:

Deluxe Boba Fett (Tython) with the chipped up armor (as that would have justified the premium paint deco), 2 portraits, Stormtrooper helmets, removable rocket etc. (deluixe pricing would have been acceptable for this)

Regular release Boba Fett (Morak)

Regular release Boba Fett (Tatooine)

As it stands now, unless I am missing something, there is not a Boba Fett slated for regular release/regular single carded price and that really isn't ok

Reaction score
It is what it is. Plenty of 4 inch figures are $20 or above. If it looks as good as the prototype I'd happily pick it up.

BUT.....I am NOT buying a $20 figure and then spending another $20 just to ship it to Japan. Forget that. Shipping costs on all items are absolutely out of control these days.

Neat figure (along withe Tattooine one) but I can live without them due to the egregious shipping costs.

Reaction score
got my order in but I'm skeptical that Target will fulfill the order. I still have yet to receive my Droids Boba Fett or R2 or the 6" Black Series Droids Boba Fett. I've seen reports of people finding these on the pegs in the store and it worries me.

In the U.S.? I haven't seen any reports of U.S. in-store finds. I would imagine if there was a credible report it would be splashed all over the major fan sites by now.
Only 3PO’s right? Not the other ones.

Reaction score
Well I got lucky and was able to order two.

I had jumped on at 1pm (well much earlier really) and when the page came up, it was already preorders sold out. I was reading comments on Yakface and swcollector threads and when I saw that no one had been successful, I became hopeful. Perhaps Target had mearly gotten the page up, but were still in the process of going live and had just not yet finished their details before they were 100% ready. The tell tale was that you could select a qty of up to 99.

I refreshed regularly. I then ended up seeing someone's post that they got one. I refresh my page again and sure enough I could preorder. I was going to order just one of these overpriced figures, but the moment got me and I picked two. Order placed, but it looks like delivery isn't until Aug/Sept.

That makes we wonder, if these are pre-orders that are 8 months out, I suspect these figures haven't been manufactured yet. Couldn't they just let the pre-orders run for a week and then order that many from the factory? Enough of this 'sold out in 15 minutes' non sense. Kinda Haaslab it.

My opinion about the price hike. I honestly thought that the 3.75" figures were going to be dead about two years ago. The TLJ and ROS both killed mainstream interest and even the cheap 5POA lines failed. The first TVC 2.0 wave was a ST disaster and clogged pegs for over a year. I'm really surprised TVC survived. Perhaps thanks to Mando, the enthusiasm was back. I know that is what did it for me.

Now with Mando, Fett, and others and very high quality TVC offerings, I think we are currently in a 2nd Golden Age of collecting. Maybe not a golden again (heck we don't have Battle Pack or numerous ships) but things are rolling out pretty consisently. Even the Retro collection has found a home for 5POA that we all like (who would would have thought the trick was go with less details and packaging).

It is a shame however that we must now to have to go online pretty much for all of the good stuff.

Reaction score
Not sure about this, but I think Target orders a set amount. They say to Hasbro we will take 20,000 units. And then they put a percentage of them up for pre-order. So lets say 25%, which is 5,000 units. And then they split the rest up to all the stores at 1 case per store or whatever. And that's it.

Which would explain why they sell out super fast.

Reaction score
It is what it is. Plenty of 4 inch figures are $20 or above. If it looks as good as the prototype I'd happily pick it up.

BUT.....I am NOT buying a $20 figure and then spending another $20 just to ship it to Japan. Forget that. Shipping costs on all items are absolutely out of control these days.

Neat figure (along withe Tattooine one) but I can live without them due to the egregious shipping costs.
Doesn't Hasbro usually do a release in Japan at some point? Maybe not even an exclusive?

Reaction score
Since this is mostly like an online exclusive the price point is back to up to $27 (after shipping). I know tooling is expensive, but this figure has 80% reused parts. Shouldn't that keep the prince down? Hasbro will mostly likey continue to leverage parts for more Boba costume variations down the road. It seems like $20 would be more reasonable for an obscure character with a single use sculpt.

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe that with how fast pre-orders have been selling out that the would actively make less units going forward, especially of a current D+ show main character, and a popular one like Fett at that. So it has to an attempt to hedge off rising costs that every other company is doing, hence why groceries and gas are more.
I still hold out hope that a main line Fett will come at some point, he would have to, IMO it's feels like poor from to make his only releases either an exclusive or premium price item while other characters have a basic $14 release.

Now he's ready for that hammer time video!

Okay then, "Over priced Exclusive" compared to the recent slightly higher $16 Gaming Greats Clone Repaints. Regardless of the terminology that's what it is pure and simple. People assumed DLX because of the error in est. price point of $26, the same price that Din (Maldo Kries) and Boba Fett (Tatooine" were. Acting like $21 is any better is still fooling yourself into perceived value when a superb looking figure like Fennec which is on par with this Boba is only $14. I fail to see what makes this figure worth $7more than Fennic, 186 Fett or for that matter Death Watch Mandalorian.

I'm not fooling myself into anything. I know exactly what it is and what I am buying. You say it's an overpriced exclusive and I say it's an exclusive at a premium price. I have no problem paying $21 for this figure (I also had no issue paying $27 for it).

Reaction score
Since this is mostly like an online exclusive the price point is back to up to $27 (after shipping). I know tooling is expensive, but this figure has 80% reused parts. Shouldn't that keep the prince down? Hasbro will mostly likey continue to leverage parts for more Boba costume variations down the road. It seems like $20 would be more reasonable for an obscure character with a single use sculpt.

Shipping is not part of the price of the item and where does it say this is an online exclusive? Target exclusives are typically easier to get in store at the end of the day.

Reaction score
This is a pass for me. I already preordered the other VC Fett figure that is way overpriced. Don't need a second overpriced one that just has basically a different lower half.