Boba Fett & Han Solo 2 Pack

Reaction score
Exactly how is the Han figure "New"? It's just a repainted Force awakens Han to look like Bespin Han
its not even close to being a repaint of the TFA Han. all new jacket, holster, shirt and head sculpt. I think the only similarities between TFA and Bespin Han may be the boots/legs of the figure. even the blaster is different from the TFA version.

Reaction score
it still looks the same as Force Awakens Han figure. Same shirt and pants and boots. Even the head sculpt is the exact same. Doesnt even frikkin look like Bespin Han. Its still a Force Awakens Han figure.

How can you people not see that?

Reaction score
Maybe someone should just post a side by side comparison pic. lol

I get that he does look the same or similar to some people, as it is essential a recreation of his older look. But as he verbally pointed out to Leia, "No, new jacket".
Thee are some very minor differences between the TFA and ESB look. But enough to not be able to use one figure in place of another.

You cannot repaint TFA Han to look like ESB Han, or vise versa.

Reaction score
Similar build but completely different. I thought at first sight it was the same as well.

Reaction score
it still looks the same as Force Awakens Han figure. Same shirt and pants and boots. Even the head sculpt is the exact same. Doesnt even frikkin look like Bespin Han. Its still a Force Awakens Han figure.

No...it's not Shutzie

Jeez

Reaction score

What do you mean "you people"?

Reaction score
I don't think anything is the same, similar looking yes. Aside form the Blaster, it look 100% the same. The boots only look different in color, so maybe he has a certain style in several colors at home. The belt and holster could also be the same, but it rides much lower on ESB Han. So he must have given up the gunfighter days, or his arms are shorter now.

"Character" wise similarities are there, but I don't see how it could be mistaken for two very different "figures".

Reaction score
I have them both and did a side by side. Nothing is the same between them. They just have a sinilar stance but the sculpts are completely different from one and other.

Reaction score
The only thing that's close to being the same is the arm position...but that's likely due to sharing the same digital sculpt.

This is a completely different figure....

Any one come up with any good head swaps yet?

Reaction score
I don't think anything is the same, similar looking yes. Aside form the Blaster, it look 100% the same. The boots only look different in color, so maybe he has a certain style in several colors at home. The belt and holster could also be the same, but it rides much lower on ESB Han. So he must have given up the gunfighter days, or his arms are shorter now.

"Character" wise similarities are there, but I don't see how it could be mistaken for two very different "figures".
Nope, the blaster isn't the same either. They actually gave him his ESB style blaster this time around.

Reaction score
I picked up this set the other day, finally found a Han with paint apps that I could live with. Boba Fett is everything that everyone is saying and then some! What a great figure! Han is really not as bad as everyone is saying. I love them both and I am not a big fan of 5POA.

And lets finally put this discussion to bed, Han is not the same as the TFA Han. Here he is alongside TFA Han and the Saga Legends Bespin Han. There is nothing the same between any three of these figures. I originally thought the SL Han blaster and this one were the same but, after looking at the side by side pic, even those are slightly different sculpts:

Reaction score
I don't know, I'm not convinced...while they are undeniably different figures, I think this Bespin Han is definitely built off the digital base of TFA Han, similar to how the SL version & BS Carbonite Han more than likely also share the same 3D "sculpt".

For the former it's especially evident in height & build - that old man stature is unmistakeable - whereas with the latter, the head & lower half (very distinctive boot shape compared to VOTC) give it away.

Reaction score
Okay, i can agree there. As the stance and build are the same. They could have doen that, and just changes his clothes i guess.

What bothers me is their each individual face sculpts. Angry or stern, indifferent or am I in the movie/whats my line, very sad and not into this, kind of how Ford felt about the movie.

Reaction score
I hate this 3D sculpt argument that keeps popping up. At one point is the 3D sculpt altered to the point where it's no longer the same sculpt? If you take a 3D sculpt and change the folds, change the boots, change the face blah blah than all it is is a digital lump of clay.

Reaction score
That SL Han Solo looks so cartoony by comparison, it almost looks like it's from an Animated series.

Reaction score
Noted, but the SL version is by far the one I'm drawn to the most amongst the three. The shoulders/neck seem proper and the color richness of the coat is more eye-catching. As far as head sculpt, I'm generally not happy with the brow on most of the Han's, even the TVC one which reminds me of either a young John Colicos or Frank Langella every time I gaze at mine.

Reaction score
Actually, Billy Ray's photo just confirms it for me that TFA Han and this recent Han figure are based on the same digital sculpt. Wrinkles in the fabric, facial sculpting, hair styles, etc. don't matter, because those are just details and easy enough to adjust in a digital environment. If you look at the shape of the limbs and overall proportions, the figures are almost identical.

Also, I think a lot of people confuse the comment "based on the same digital sculpt" with the toy being recast from the existing figure or reusing the same molds. That's not the case at all. We're entering a brave new world of toy design here with the advent of digital sculpting, 3D scanning, and 3D printing. So, many of the old "recycling" methods that we are used to talking about simply don't apply anymore.

Going back to my comic book example, here is a clear case of recycled, or traced, artwork being used to create three very different drawings, that actually aren't very different at all:

In all three instances, there are completely different characters being depicted, so all of the details are clearly going to be very different. However, it is painfully obvious that the artwork has been recycled multiple times. Mainly in the poses, the positioning on the page, the proportions, the perspective, and the anatomy.

This is a practice that has been used in comic books almost as long as there have been comic books (they would just use light boxes or overhead projectors in the days before Photoshop). It has never really been possible with traditional scupting methods, without the use of extremelly expensive mold-making equipment or destroying the original sculpt, at least until now. Zbrush and other digital sculpting tools have completely changed the method on how toys are made. So, it's likely that Hasbro used the same 3D scan of a septuagenarian Harrison Ford for both the TFA Han Solo and this latest Bespin Han Solo.

Reaction score
I think the point is, at first glance many people here initially assumed the Bespin Han was a repainted TFA figure. Which is not the case. I think the general consensus is these figures share the same digital base, which makes sense especially if the figures use a digital scan of Harrison Ford as that base, since the figure depict the same human being at different ages. Harrison Ford is an ideal candidate for this because despite being in his 70's he's unusually fit in appearance and stature when compared to others his age.

Thr other option is just to make up the Han Solo sculpt from scratch, as seen in this SL version, the results of which are a superhero like stance and an animated cartoon like head.

Reaction score
The SL Han is cartoony....sold it as soon as I got the new one.

The overall stance probably does originate from the same figure. Just as SL and MS Han both were from the same figure. The slimming off bespin Hans torso, beefing up the arms so they line up with the jacket make it worth it to me.

The TFA and New Bespin Han can at least move their legs without the belt slicing into the torso.

I think what holds bespin han back the most is the neck post. His head sits too low and it gives him a hunched look when the torso by itself doesn't have that posture.

And for everyone who still doesn't like this Han....I'll take him off your hands :)

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a side by side with this Fett and the Bespin Battle Pack one. I would really love to see that. I am hoping the helmets are similar? If not does anyone have both figures, and are able to take a side by side?

Reaction score
There's a photo of that comparison somewhere in this thread...but side by side there's not much of a comparison as this fett is a lot more life like.

Reaction score
I think the point is, at first glance many people here initially assumed the Bespin Han was a repainted TFA figure. Which is not the case. I think the general consensus is these figures share the same digital base,
Yep, that's exactly what's I've been saying the entire time. I'm not sure who is claiming that this is a recast or a repaint of the TFA figure. Every comment I've read has said that both figures are based on the same digital sculpt, which (as you know) is an entirely different thing.

I did manage to track down a second 2-pack where the Han Solo figure has far superior paint applications on the face and I still don't like the figure as much as I like the Saga Legends Bespin Han.

Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what's I've been saying the entire time. I'm not sure who is claiming that this is a recast or a repaint of the TFA figure. Every comment I've read has said that both figures are based on the same digital sculpt, which (as you know) is an entirely different thing.

I did manage to track down a second 2-pack where the Han Solo figure has far superior paint applications on the face and I still don't like the figure as much as I like the Saga Legends Bespin Han.
Patrickdurfee....that's who continued the "it's just a repainted TFA han."

Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what's I've been saying the entire time. I'm not sure who is claiming that this is a recast or a repaint of the TFA figure. Every comment I've read has said that both figures are based on the same digital sculpt.
This may come as a shock, but there are OTHER people on this forum who:

1. May have suggested the figures may be the same.
2. May have read posts by people suggesting the figures may be the same.

I know I know I know, crazy.

(Npd at its finest folks).

Reaction score
I'm not sure who is claiming that this is a recast or a repaint of the TFA figure. Every comment I've read has said that both figures are based on the same digital sculpt, which (as you know) is an entirely different thing.
Posts #240 and #243

Reaction score
So, it's really just one guy, who has a history of being something of a contrarian, and not "many people" as was suggested in Julythrunov's post?
:This conversation is drifting into absurd territory: :rolleyes:

More than one person thought the two figures were the same sculpt, Patrickdurfee is one example of a person who recently believed the two figures were the same. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the TFA Han with a different jacket vest piece and new head.
The problem with Han is that they just repainted the TFA old man Han and just gave him a new jacket shell. Lazy retool. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly how is the Han figure "New"? It's just a repainted Force awakens Han to look like Bespin Han

More than one person HAS claimed it, not just Shutzie...I mean Patrick. I've seen similar comments on JTA as well.

Reaction score
Billy Ray, the eye rolls had nothing to do with the sculpt. They are different. I also don't really give a ***** even if it was the same sculpt

Reaction score
Billy Ray was not quoting the other posts in response to your eye rolls. This may come as a shock but not all posts are replies to your posts.

I know I know I know. Crazy.

(More NPD!)